Start by marking “The Powerscore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible: A Comprehensive System for Attacking the Logical Reasoning Section of the LSAT” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning BibleTM is a comprehensive how-to manual for solving every type of Logical Reasoning question. Featuring dozens of real Logical Reasoning questions with detailed explanations, the Bible is the ultimate resource for improving your LSAT Logical Reasoning score.
Published June 1st 2008 by Powerscore Pub. (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Powerscore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Powerscore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible

Baelor
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, lsat
A solid and thorough guide to the Logical Reasoning section of the LSAT. The book breaks the questions down into types (grouped according to whether the argument or answer choices should be taken as true). Each type is discussed in detail and strategies are presented. There are plenty of practice LSAT problems to work on. Everything is clearly presented and the book is well-written.

The book has a few drawbacks. The first is that the categorization and formality of approach can at times be oppres
Danielle
Jan 14, 2010 is currently reading it
OMG...can't wait for this to be over!!!
Eric Susak
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Comprehensive and informative. The only problem is that I didn't buy this early enough to fully practice all the strategies.
Earl
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
These Powerscore books give a lot of good tips with regards to taking the LSAT, however the amount of information can make the test quite confusing as you're trying to remember all the rules you've learned while at the same time trying to finish the test in the very short time you have to take it.

My advice, invest in books of old tests. Don't bother with anything from the '90's, they'll leave you with a false sense of achievement as the tests became harder as the millenium turned.

If you want m
Erik
Dec 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The Princeton Review’s LSAT guides may be the most readable and accessible materials around, but the folks at PowerScore have them slightly beat when it comes to drilling you in formal logic, conditional reasoning, and detailed testing strategies. Think of the former as an excellent entrée before the main course of the latter. And now that my practice test scores are up – thanks to the brilliantly conceptualized instruction provided by PowerScore’s David M. Killoram -- I’m eyeing the next and ul ...more
Sra
Dec 09, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: LSAT preppers
This is a very useful prep tool for the LSAT, but in my experience it wasn't until I got near the end of the book that I really noticed that it was helping me. Still, I did see a substantial improvement in my LR sections after reading this book. It's got a useful section on conditional reasoning, which finally helped me wrap my brain around the diagramming of conditional statements, and that proved helpful for both the Logical Reasoning and the Logic Games.
Ke
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Like the Logic Games bible, this book is well-organized and thorough.

I made more mistakes in the practice sections, but I believe it is my own fault.

I wonder if the writer was too harsh on the competitors and LSAT writers, but maybe I'm being harsh for saying this.
Rachel
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
I can't believe I read this entire book. It was definitely not my favorite LSAT Prep Book, I found the Logical Games Bible much more helpful. But if you're struggling with the Logical Reasoning section on the LSAT and you have time to read a 500+ page prep book, then by all means...
Thanh
Jul 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Author is bit too wordy. Better to digest in your own language and work from there. Best to read other lsat books, and combine a strategy that is most effective for you.

Cheers to the Sept. lsat takers!
Dawn Yount
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rather comprehensive. I'm not so sure it's improved my test scores so much as it has given me an excellent resource for reviewing what I got wrong. That's going to be the crucial part of improving in the next 6 weeks. 5 stars because I am hopeful.
Tyler Storm
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
not bad, pretty good
Grant Robertson
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide.
Beth
Oct 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read this before I took the class. Very helpful.
Jeremiah Cioffi
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A necessary and effective evil.
Vinh-Khoi Le
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: law, vinh-khoi-le
This was a great book that helped me focus and hone my technique for the LR sections. I was able to get to -6 on both LR sections with this book.
Amy
Aug 12, 2014
Nika Monokandilos
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Constitutional Law: Principles and Policies (Aspen Treatise Series)
  • The Bluebook: A Uniform System Citation
  • Civil Procedure: Examples & Explanations
  • Understanding Criminal Law
  • Fictional Worlds: Traditions in Narrative and the Age of Visual Culture, Vols 1-4 (Storytelling on Screen)
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Discrete Mathematics with Applications
  • Chemistry
  • The Happy Lawyer: Making a Good Life in the Law
  • The Big Book of Tell Me Why: Answers to Hundreds of Questions Children Ask
  • Black's Law Dictionary
  • Is Multiculturalism Bad for Women?
  • Signs of Life in the U.S.A.: Readings on Popular Culture for Writers
  • Plain English for Lawyers
  • Traditions & Encounters: A Global Perspective On The Past
  • The Lawyer Bubble: A Profession in Crisis
  • Voice of the Earth: An Exploration of Ecopsychology
  • The Buffalo Creek Disaster: How the survivors of one of the worst disasters in coal-mining history brought suit against the coal company--and won

Nonfiction Deals

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99