Start by marking “Mermaids (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mermaids (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #2)

Mermaids

(Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five #2)

Mermaids are real, but they’re not what you expected!

Eighteen-year-old Sapphire Smyth is a survivor. She has spent her entire childhood in foster care, but she is just beginning to learn about her extraordinary powers.

It started when she encountered mysterious creatures lurking in the shadows. Then, even stranger things happened when a cruel gang attacked her. But it
Published April 30th 2019 by Orgo Press

To ask other readers questions about Mermaids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mermaids

Start your review of Mermaids (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #2)
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MERMAIDS!!!!!!
Jessica Smith
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

Sapphire Smyth wakes up in Valhine, with no idea what is going on, only the brief recollection of what happened the day before on her eighteenth birthday. With no idea how she got there, and bombarded by a million new and strange things, she's just trying her best to keep it together, learn what she can and find out about her birth parents while she's at it. Little does she know that her destiny may be more
Bec
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Shadows: .75

With the second episode of Sapphire Smyth & the Shadow Five we are introduced to the magical hidden world of Vanhine and a whole cast of new characters!

While I am still intrigued by where the story is going, I'll admit that I am still not entirely hooked. I have Part 3 on my ereader, so I will be picking that one up next but I think it'll be the decider for whether I continue to seek out the parts that follow after.

Overall, I still really enjoy the writing style of these books
P.J. King
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The pace and intrigue of Part 1 continues in Part 2. In 'Mermaids', we get answers to some of our questions, but many more are raised as we start to get a better idea of the world Sapphire has been drawn into and the dangers that lie ahead of her and her new friends.

In this instalment, we've left the 'real world' and get to spend time in Vanhine, which has a quirky steampunk vibe to it, mixing magic and machines to create an extremely imaginative new world. The characters are charming, the
Teri Ruscak
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MERMAIDS: Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five
R.J. Furness
Great story for the young, the young at heart, and those who love mermaids! This is the second in this series, and ends on a cliffhanger.
Cannot wait for the next one!

DONALD RATHJEN
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2he book in New place with weird bodys.

Second story as good as the first. No one understands what her powers are yet. Mostly herself.She is starting to figure it out. She just needs help.
Pat Eroh
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story for middle school to YA. This is a story of a different world in which things we believe to be fairy tales and myths actually exist. This is the second in the series and ends in a cliffhanger.

Glenda Dykstra
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not sure

The story seems choppy and hard to follow. The confusion and lack of answers make the tale screen harder to follow
Meggan Turner
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shayney Hardcastle
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review of the book.
If you could tell by the title, this is the second second book, or part, in the Sapphire Smith series. It's actually part 2 in these serialised shorts, part one being called Shadows, which I have also read and done a review for, in case of spoilers.
I am a little obsessed with this series at the moment, craving the knew short as soon as I've finished the current one. I still think this is
Linda
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. But I NEED MORE!
Patricia A.Bunn
Gsluski
Aug 28, 2019
Savanna
Sep 01, 2019

• The Awakening: Part One (The Lycan War Saga, #1)
  • Shifted (Siren Prophecy, #1; Shifter Academy)
  • Vanished (Valkyrie Academy Dragon Alliance, #2)
  • Nick and Charlie
  • Live Soldier (Die Famous book 1)
  • Backwater
  • Baehrly Breathing (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears, #1)
  • Silken Scales (The Chameleon Effect #1)
  • The Awakening: Part Two (Lycan War Saga, #1)
  • First of Their Kind
  • Unleashed (The Sydney Rye Mysteries #1)
  • Our Bloody Pearl (These Treacherous Tides #1)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Killer 2-Book Set (The Housewife Assassin Series)
  • Searching (The Starlight Chronicles, #0)
  • The Harvesting
  • The Hadley Academy for the Improbably Gifted
  • Under the Cottonwood Tree: El Susto de la Curandera
  • The Complete Kate Benedict Cozy British Mysteries (The Kate Benedict Series)
R. J. Furness has been passionate about great stories since he was able to read. At an early age, he would frequently create new characters, worlds and creatures, then write crazy tales all about them. However, until now, he has always kept those ideas completely secret. After having a lifelong interest in animals, music and anything spawned from pure imagination, R.J.’s first love are now his ...more

Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five (4 books)
  • Shadows (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #1)
  • Dragons (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #3)
  • Enemies (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #4)