Start by marking “Canni” as Want to Read:
Canni

Canni

Imagine if everyone in America wanted the same thing.
Your plumber, the mail carrier, the folks next door, the girl at the coffee shop, cops, those who worship in churches, synagogues, and mosques, your favorite band. Your best friend.
They all want the same exact thing. They want to kill you.

Daniel OConnors Canni is a glimpse into at a future that may be closer than we
Published July 4th 2019 by Blood Bound Books

To ask other readers questions about Canni, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Canni

Start your review of Canni
Billie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone you know wants the same thing... they want to kill you.
Rob and Cash are on a road trip to Vegas with hopes of food, fun, and possibly even wedding bells. However, their vacation is derailed when a terror attack transforms the landscape of America into a fight for survival.
Daniel O'Connor's Canni is a glimpse into at a future that may be closer than we think. A time when no one can be trusted. When everyday citizens can turn into monsters without warning. As America begins to fall, a
Emily
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!
This was such a fun read!

America has been the subject of a terrorist attack, with a virus being unleashed across the country, infecting all its inhabitants. Now people are becoming cannibalistic, looking to attack and eat anyone who is within close distance. It is not clear when a person may turn, and people are no longer safe within the confines of their own homes.

The story revolves around a friend group who are nearing the end of a road trip, ending in Las Vegas. This trio meets a
Veronica Donchez
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a suspenseful, oh no way is that going to happen kind of read! Twists and turns you cant even imagine. This author has experimented in several genres and between Sons of the Pope and this Stranger than Stranger Things classic, you will not be disappointed. If you like Steven King and a dark mind, couple with a wait for it sense of humor, you will NOT be disappointed! Read this! ...more
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from netgalley for review and could not have been more pleased. I found this book to have an excellent pace. Well developed characters and an absolutely riveting storyline. Though this is somewhat out of my usually reading line, I found it absolutely riveting. A definite must read for suspense, thriller, mystery, horror fans. A 2019 must read in my personal opinion.
Ed Obarowski
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up the book a few days ago and I cannot put it down. The characterizations are so vivid, I feel like I am there and know these people. Some are just uncanni (spelled that way intentionally). I will update my review when I am finished, which shouldn't be too much longer.
Diane Murray
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read, couldnt put the book down just had to know what happened. I thought I had it figured out but nope I was wrong. Excellent take on zombie, apocalypse, doomsday type stories . Much more realistic so to speak, worth the read you wont be disappointed. ...more
Victoria
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious stoner zombie outbreak story written by a retired police officer. I found it especially fun because I also live near Las Vegas where the majority of the story is. I will be looking at the flood tunnels a lot differently now.
Susan Cox
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner!!
You are drawn in from page one. -- A great read!
Rob
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really riveting reading.

While not my typical reading fare, I purchased this book based on the authors first book I read and enjoyed, Sons of The Pope.

Read in a few sittings, this reviewer found Canni to be a real page-turner. Replete with a lot of action and suspense, it had my rapt attention throughout. The character development was so very well-done. Immersed in the colorful and descriptive words, you could almost feel as if the author was describing you or people you knew growing up.

The
Cindy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an great book. This was one of those unique zombie books that I couldn't put down. Held my attention from the start with plenty of suspense, twists, turns and made me laugh a time or two. Highly recommend!
Deborah McDougald
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love a great thriller you will love Canni. Its a real page turner and very unpredictable! I highly recommend it to everyone! ...more
K.L. Laettner
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New cool read

It took me a bit of getting used to, but this was a fast and fun read. The unique and cool style suits my reading wants,
will look for more from this author in the future.
Paul T Smith
A compelling story that will keep you spellbound and quite often amused.
Pamela Speedling
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I saw this book on my feed and took a chance.
Im glad I did. It has an interesting premise and the characters are well developed.
Suzi
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would happen if the zombie virus was temporary? How could you go back to your normal life after you had eaten your spouse, or your children? Several characters try to process what they've done, and work to stop it from happening again. There are quite a cast of characters in this book, from naked tunnel-dwellers to the President. They do find a "cure" that is unconventional, and everything works out in the end. Or does it?

I loved this book. I left it at work one night- I read during lunch-
Sarah Dickinson
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished the Novel Canni, by Daniel OConnor, and the only thing I can think of is Daves not here as stonners everywhere can rejoice. Nothing so relevant for the lovers of all things htc related has come out since Cheech and Chong. Even as I write this my head plays its own soundtrack , with Cyprus Hill playing ever so softly in the backgroud.

In the foreground an amazingly gripping story takes precedence over the humor as well as the social and political commentary of the book. A book
Tracy Robinson
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as dnf
Im out after just over 10%. The premise is mildly interesting but Ive had my fill of harmful racial stereotypes that are intended to be funny. On to the next read for me. ...more
Daniel Cuthbert
The Stand meets The Walking Dead meets a bit of Cheech and Chong in this really wild setup of a population turned mad (even if only for bursts).

The Canni are an increasingly larger group of folks who go temporarily mad and attempt to kill anyone around them after being exposed by a chemical dropped during an attack by terrorists in the U.S. As a result, everyone is a little on edge, as attacks by these "Canni" come swiftly and unexpectedly, as Cash and Rob come to find out after arriving in Las
Veronica Donchez
Best suspenseful read in a long time. Keep them coming Dan OConnor! The humor, the twists, the general sometimes sickness of it all is awesome! We want more!! ...more
Sharon
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, many thanks to NetGalley, Blood Bound Books and the author, Daniel O'Connor, for the opportunity to preview this excellent read, in exchange for my honest review.

I think this is such a good read. It's not my normal genre, but, the storyline is fantastic - there is a virus spreading across America that turns ordinary people into flesh eating zombies, but, only for a short time.
Alongside this mayhem, a group of young people travel to Vegas.

The book follows many strands, including the
Mary
Not your typical zombie tale....which is a good thing. Terrorists conduct a mysterious "fly over" the United States ahd spread a disturbiing new virus. The symptoms of this virus his suddenly making the victim want to kill and eat anyone unlucky enough to be near by. Children and parents, lovers and friends, brothers and sisters, strangers....they all attack and kill suddenly and then after about 15 minutes the inflicted recover only to find that their mouth tastes horrible and they've killed ...more
Iseult Murphy
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I loved, loved, loved this book until about half way through, when it suddenly lost the plot and became a rushed, chaotic mess. There were hints of humor sprinkled among the social commentary and gore in the first part of the book, but the second half was farcical and made me totally rethink what had gone before. It is a shame, and Im not really sure what the author was thinking. The first half would get 4 stars from me. I delayed whether the second half would reduce it by one or two stars, but ...more
Pet
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. Every now and then I'd wished for more connection to the characters but it was a good writing of a non-zombie-horror-tale.
Heather Bennett
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Canni is a unique zombie book that made my laugh a time or two. This is a enjoyable and entertaining book. Well written and well developed characters.
Kay Mcleer
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a great horror/scifi novel, I think what worked was that it felt like something that could possibly happen in the real world.
Bin Blogs Books
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Absolutely outside of my romance junkie addicted comfort zone, but memorable and exciting if a bit spotty at times. I will, however remember this one for a while.
Leah
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this post apocalyptic story. A unique and different zombie tale this is a fantastic twist on what has become a somewhat flooded genre in the past few years. Definitely a standout for me. Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for the arc.
Rich
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read! Suspenseful, nerve-wracking, and a bit creepy... but with appropriately placed humor. All of the characters were very real and relatable.
Bandit
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
In the best movie trailer narrationIn a world gone mad only one thing stands between the sane and insane. Can you guess what it is. Cutely enough, it can be abbreviated to the same thing that sent the world spiraling out of control in the first place. Butlets start at the beginning. And this book begins with a series of violent seemingly random brutal attacks on ordinary people by ordinary people. Dont worry, though, these are not completely random and will actually tie in very nicely with the ...more
Nia Ireland
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book felt like a breath of fresh air in an oversaturated genre.

It would be a standard zombie survival book except that the virus causes people to temporarily become flesh eating zombies for 10-15 minute stints, then return to their senses with no memory of ripping off the faces of their loved ones. It means that killing these zombies has more ethical connotations than your standard zombie, thats a whole world of fun to explore and amps up the tension because you wonder if the character is

• Shepherd's Warning (The Elders Book 1)
  • Snowball
  • The Feral Children 2: Savages
  • Violet
  • Deadland's Harvest (Deadland Saga, #2)
  • Deadland Rising (Deadland Saga, #3)
  • 100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga, #1)
  • End of Summer
  • A Simple Lie
  • Dead Meat: Day 3 (Dead Meat, #3)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • The Guest List
  • The Regret
  • Haunting of the Blackthorne House
  • It's an Undead Thing (Zooey Zombie Book 1)
  • Rise
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
Daniel O'Connor was born, the youngest of five children, in Brooklyn, NY. He lost his mother to cancer, on her wedding anniversary, when he was four years of age, and then his father two years later. He lived with his grandmother until she passed when Dan was ten. Rather than purchase a clown mask and a chainsaw, he kept the demons at bay through books, movies, music - and writing.

During the