Start by marking “Birth of the Bacchae: A Vampire Origin Story (Immortal Relics Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Birth of the Bacchae: A Vampire Origin Story (Immortal Relics Book 1)

Birth of the Bacchae: A Vampire Origin Story

(Immortal Relics #1)

"Vampires, Immortals, Bacchae—they’re all the same. The name may change, but their appetites never do."

Ever since archaeology student Serafina Finch found an ancient Roman amulet on a dig in Italy, she's been having dreams. Strange dreams that leave her with an eerie sense of foreboding. But between a busy college schedule and a boyfriend she's hoping to marry, she doesn'
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: June 27th 2019 by Tannhauser Press

To ask other readers questions about Birth of the Bacchae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birth of the Bacchae

Holly Davis
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This story was chock full of solid prose, great descriptions, and relatable characters! It was a unique take on the vampire story that was refreshing and engaging! I wasn't sure if this was considered adult vs YA based on how the book read, as I usually read YA and it felt like it was for an older audience. *edit: just saw this is considered new adult which all makes sense now, lol* I still enjoyed it nonetheless! I'm usually not a big fan of f ...more
Jessica ☕
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I've read roughly 47 million vampire novels, and I can honestly say that this is the first time I have read this particular origin story -- so 47 million points to Gryffindor for that.)

In this universe, vampires are the creations of Bacchus, the Roman god of wine and madness, made to be his companions. However, they have gone astray from his ways and become violent predators, betraying their creator. When Serafina discovers an ancient Bacchic relic on an archaeological dig, she sets of a chain
Erica Rue
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This story was so much fun. I'm a slow reader, but Mirro's writing style flows so well that I breezed through the novel in a couple of days. I enjoyed the mystery of the amulet, and the friendship between the protagonist Sera and her best friend added a lot to the story.

It's a classical twist on vampire stories, and at the end, I was eager to keep reading. There's a cool reveal that I won't spoil that sets up the se
Linda K.
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised by how I got "sucked" into this book (pun intended)! I have to be honest, this is not a genre I usually read but, once I started I, I couldn't put it down. I reached a part in the book when I had to know what happened - even if it meant staying up late and reading into the morning. I was very satisfied with the result of book one and can't wait to "sink my teeth" into book two!! Great read and well worth your time.
Martin Wilsey
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy taking chances on new authors. Every now and then I get really lucky like with Birth of the Bacchae! I really enjoyed this book.

Every aspect of this book was enjoyable. The plot was original, the characters great, the setting was vivid.

I basically read it all in one sitting. I have not been sucked into a book like that in a long while.

I can't wait for book 2!
Lauren Dunn
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really well-written and keeps you engaged throughout! Good character development, the plot keeps moving but doesn’t leave you behind, and definitely keeps you guessing. This seems like the first in a series, and I can’t wait for the next book!
Don Anderson
Apr 30, 2019
Stephanie Mirro
Apr 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather Venkat
Jun 13, 2019
Lauren Elizabeth
is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2019
Stephanie Mirro's lifelong love of ancient mythology led to majoring in the Classics in college, which wasn't quite as much fun as writing her own mythology stories as she did as a child. But that education, combined with an overactive imagination and being an avid fantasy reader, resulted in a writing career.

Starting her days with coffee and ending them with wine means Stephanie can usually be fo