Start by marking “Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)” as Want to Read:
Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)

Wilde Love

(Forever Wilde #6)

Weston “Major” Marian:
After running away at the age of seventeen, I found a home in the Army. It wasn’t long before my fellow soldiers became family, giving purpose to my time in Vietnam.

But everything changes when Doc Wilde joins my medevac crew. A night alone in the jungle after a helicopter crash forces us to rely on each other for survival, the secrets we share ceme
Published May 3rd 2019

Start your review of Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
Cadiva
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Four tissues Lucy, that's how many I needed reading this book. Not because it's super sad - although at times it is heart-breaking - but because of all the emotions.

I've been waiting for Doc and Grandpa's story for so long, it's one of those times when you get antsy when you first start to read because there's so much riding on it from my own expectations and they can run away and be utterly unrealistic, which has to be a nightmare if you're an author so sorry in advance for that Lucy!

But I shou
Erth
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Doc & Major!
Where do I even begin? In my opinion, this is HANDS DOWN, Lucy's best book to date. It honestly took my breath away. Sometimes you meet someone and you just know, and that was the case with Doc & Grandpa. What an incredible journey of love! I adored every single season of their love story, maybe most especially Betsy's love and devotion to both of them and to their ultimately finding forever together. It's just a beautiful story that I couldn't possibly recommend enough. I was crying
Eugenia
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relisten - NOV 2020: Awesome and full of pining feels!

Original audiobook review - MAY 2019:
So much LOVE and FEELS!!!

I ADORED this story about Doc and Major (aka Grandpa). The best part of this was truly the most horrific historically: the Vietnam War.

Major Weston Marian falls in love at first sight upon spying his new medic, Liam “Doc” Wilde. Doc is straight, married, and has three kids. Doc falls right into hero worship of the major and the two create a right bond while saving lives and each o
Denise H.
*** Magnificent ! *** A serious slow burn tale of the past and present. Vietnam, 1968.
William Liam Wilde, Medic on his first assignment

to a helicopter unit commanded by Major Weston Marian, a rough, tough seasoned leader. Our author tells us the horrors of war, the personal feelings and the survival modes of soldiers.

Rivetting.
Time passes and as each man returns stateside. Loner, Weston gets a training assignment, and Liam ends up back in Texas with his wife and kids and the family farm. The
Sanaa
5 stars.

He was my center. My steady rock. The man who made sure our lives had kept spinning without scratching the record.

Oh. My. God. You guys. You do not understand how long I've waited to read to this book. Doc and Grandpa were my two favorite people in this series and I knew Lucy had to write about them and when she did, I needed it.

Wilde Love was a beautifully written love story that spans most of the couple's life. There's not a single thing I hated about their story. It was every
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Weston 💜 Liam

If you read this series you probably been waiting for this one. I definitely was. I loved these two since book 1. They were side characters with a love that was so large that you felt it in each book. So when I seen Lucy wrote them a book I knew I had to read it.
I LOVED getting to read how Doc and Major's relationship developed. We get to experience the beginnings where we discover how they went from friends to lovers. It was not as easy as I make it sound. These two went through m
Vanna
4.5 stars!! 🤩😍 Absolutely L❤️VED It! This was definitely not like any other Lucy Lennox book and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the depth in her writing. I am a huge fan of hers and except a few I have loved most of her books😍. But this book is unlike any; and in a good way. It is different, because it's not just a love story.. it's a saga; a true epic romance. 💖
"Doc" Liam Wilde and Major Weston Marian meet during the Vietnam war and become inseparable almost immediately desp
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Wilde Love is the sixth novel in Lucy Lennox’s Forever Wilde series and easily my favorite of the group. Doc and Grandpa have been a fixture throughout this series as the loving patriarchs of the Wilde clan. So I was eager to get their story, particularly as it follows the men from first meeting back in the Army during the Vietnam War, all the way up through present day. However, I wasn’t prepared for how emotional and truly lovely this story would be. Watching thes
Santy
This might just be the best book Lucy Lennox has ever written and one of the best romance novels I've read this year.

There was absolutely nothing I could find fault with in the book proper. (The epilogue might have some but it is said to have every Marian and Wilde making an appearance so I skipped it. I wanted nothing to tarnish my unblemished opinion of this book. Especially none of the cringy stuff those 3 old ladies in the Made Marian books get up to. Nope.)

Mooooving on! If I even begin to
Chris
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Oh so beautiful- this was a love that spanned the ages. West & Doc were truly and deeply committed to each other as friends and lovers for over 60 years ... this was their story. They certainly deserved their HEA - I loved this journey ❤️❤️❤️
Gerbera_Reads
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit to a bit of trepidation before reading this book. So many expectations were built, and I am happy to say that it didn't disappoint. There were some things that could have annoyed me but the story flowed so naturally and beautifully that I found it impossible not to love it. Weston and Liam have forged a bond in wild jungle of Nam that lasted a lifetime. They went through separation, pain, grief and loneliness but through it all they remained steadfast friends. One could say they've ...more
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I almost gave this one 5 stars. But again, I think it's 4.5 instead of 5 and I rounded down. I'm stingy with my 5 stars these days. (Update, rounded back to 5, cuz WESTON!!!!!)

I absolutely LOVE Major Weston Marian! What a Hero! The patience, the kindness and generosity, the love... Lord, if he were straight, I'd jump his bones and tie him to my bed in a heartbeat! :P

I liked Liam too, but I LOVE Weston. And for once, Liam's wife didn't bother me. She seemed like a very kind and good and wise woma
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Forever Wilde 5 Stars ✨🍃

Escaping in Romance was easy with this Book. To date this is my most favorite book by this writer, I adore the unfolding of this love story.
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

While reading the previous 5 books in this series, did you ever wonder about Doc and Granpa's love story? I sure did. I knew Doc had been married sometime before he and Grandpa got together and married, so that's how they got 4 kids and that they were biologically Doc's, but just as much Grandpa's. I vaguely remember talk of them being in the military, but not much.

And that was about all I knew of these two and their love story. And I never thought we'd get more, because this series is
Leslie
⭐️⭐️⭐️.5/Stars

Random thoughts and feelings:

-War stories are hit or miss for me. I confess to having been obsessed with Band of Brothers (HBO show) for a long time. Like, make a Pinterest board obsessed. But sometimes I get bored with them. I got a tiny bit bored here but I mostly loved this part of the book. I could tell Lucy Lennox did a lot of research on this portion. Vietnam was such a shit show and she didn’t sugarcoat it.

-I loved that Betsy wasn’t this horrible person just to fit the narr
Annika
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review

4,5 stars

Like many others I was hesitant to pick this book up. I can’t really put my fingers on anything specific, but that’s how it is sometimes. Yet the book kept popping up, so did these raving reviews and I figured I needed to know for myself if this story was everything it seemed to be. It was. And so much more. By far, this was the best book in this series, I would also go as far as say this is the best book this duo has produced yet.

From the start I was hooked. I found my
Bo
5 Stunningly Gorgeous Stars

Anyone who has read this series will have the utmost fascination reading this book. We get to experience the epic love between the patriarchs of this wacky family. It 's a story that's equal parts love and friendship, and finding family in unexpected places. I LOVED that there is no cheating in this story!!😍 It takes a tragedy for the MCS to find their way to each other, but it's done beautifully. Weston is loved by everyone including Doc's wife and family. He is so st
Fatimama
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-mm
Omfg this book! The feels! Gaaah, I cried and it was just so freaking romantic. Weston is just so swoon-worthy!
Ping
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I cried my ugly cry for this book! That was one love story I won't soon forget, made stronger because I got to know the Marian's in the Made Marian series and the Wilde's in their own series (Still ongoing, I'm currently starting book 7). This filled me with the best feeling of tenderness, ache and just all the mushy feelings coming out. When Doc and Wes did get together, it was worth every tear.
Those vows! Oh my God! *Happy Sigh* I'm just glad this is not the end, more books in the series!
Y
Emily Seelye
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap, m-m, own, military
Lovely story of the Wilde patriarchs falling in love.
John Altman
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wilde Love ~ Absolutely Wonderful!

Total Rating: 4.7 Stars out of 5
(9) It's all about the Chemistry, baby: 5 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
(10) Laugh out loud funny: N/A
(11) Love connection: 5 🌞🌞🌞🌞
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유

I loved Grandpa and Doc's story! It was a bit of a hard read because it took so long for them to get together and it was during times where more people were bigoted than not.

I felt so bad for Major (Grandpa) for so much of the book being in love with someone he couldn't have. At least Betsy, Doc's wife was a sweet, smart woman instead of a a shrew like so many women are in romance books.

I was glad for the expected HEA, but the epilogue confused me since it had been so long since I had
Liber_Lady
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was EVERYTHING...
GO READ THIS SERIES IF U HAVEN'T...
Fenrir
Character-driven story that crash-lands in shameless kitsch

First half: ★★★★

The beginning is gripping. While it all goes down in Vietnam (and the writer has really done her research), the story is not driven by the events in Nam but solely by the characters:

Major: The Major is a veteran of many battles and comfortable in his skin of an army lifer. As a gay man in the 60s he never expected a family anyways. Yet, when his new medic shows up, he takes one look at the young man and falls in love.
Elithanathile
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
True star rating ... 2.5 stars rounded up because the love Doc and Major share is truly awe inspiring, but the book didn't do them justice as a couple ... it DID shed a lot of light on their story, but I would have liked much more of them as a COUPLE!!
Also, it annoys me when this author tries - at some point - to cram every friggin' Marian or Wilde EVER into a story, or book, like she did in the Epilogue, which I didn't bother to read because of that fact! It's like this is a game to her and she
gimmethosebooks
Oh. Oh this was the story Doc and Grandpa deserved. 💚

Okay so after rereading, there are some major (ugh no pun intended) discrepancies with Doc and Grandpa’s backstory from the other books with this one. If this is the kind of thing that annoys you, just be warned.

I also think I’m the only one who needed the story to end on Liam and Weston only and not the epilogue. Also also the Weston/Tilly buildup was too short and cut off by that epilogue.

No discrepancies or tiny whining, however, lessened
Claudia
First of all, I love Lucy Lennox and her book and although not everybook is perfect for me, every book is a good read.

I have to confess, I never really wondered how Doc and Weston came together but as soon as I found out that their story is out, I had to read it. and I loved it.
it was heart-warming and sometimes heart-breaking. I would have loved to read more about them as a couple and for me another 100 pg would not have been amiss. ... but thats me.

so if you like the Wilde family this book is
Zizie
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
15% - 20% towards the end of the book, I started sobbing but not because it was sad but because I was overwhelmed with the love that these two had towards each other and the love of their family and if you’re familiar with the Wilde series, present day Grandpa and Doc are in their 80’s and 70’s respectively and I wanted them to live forever and ever!! Omg their wedding vows, I started crying again, so sweet and beautiful.

I stumbled on to this series a few days ago and I skipped the first one ba
bella farren
3.5 / 5 stars

Well, this was a slow burn if I have ever read one, and it was not what I was expecting. This book was much more than a romance, especially because it followed the set of characters for over 50 years, first as only friends and then later as their relationship began.

It was adorable and although at the beginning (view spoiler)
T.L. Travis
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these families!

It was so great finally getting Doc and Major’s story. Their bond is so special, spurning an amazing family from it.

The Marian’s have always held a place in my heart and having them come together made for one of the best novels I’ve read this year.

• Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Atonement (The Protectors, #6)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • Vengeance (The Protectors, #5)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated! ...more

Forever Wilde (8 books)
  • Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)