Start by marking “Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)

Nocturnes & Nightmares

(The Sandman Duet #1)

From USA Today Bestselling author Keri Lake comes an intense and gritty romantic thriller that’ll have you turning the pages well past your bedtime.

The most terrifying monsters aren’t found in dreams ...

Four young socialites have gone missing in the Chicago area. Two found dead, bearing the signature marks of a brutal serial killer. With the kind of tragedy that mars
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 240 pages
Published April 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Nocturnes & Nightmares, please sign up.

Start your review of Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I'd forgotten how much I love this author's writing since it has been awhile since I have read anything by her. Her RIPPLE EFFECT series was outstanding, and when I read the synopsis for this duet, I knew I had to get my dark and twisted loving hands on a copy. And again, she knocked it out of the park because this book was f-cking fantastic.

description
I legit could not put this book down. I skipped lunch.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

There's something about this man I can't quite put my finger on. Something wild and terrifying beneath that tightly composed mask he wears, like a thunderstorm behind the thin veil of a cloud.

A spine tingling, edge of your seat page turner!! This book was unlike anything I've read from Keri to date! I had goosebumps reading it. Honest to god goosebumps that only Keri'sclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Nola is a single mom, struggling to make ends meet, trying to give her son the best life she can. Her son is miserable and now mute after witnessing his father's murder. Unbeknownst to her, she's caught the attention of the cities latest serial killer, The Sandman... a killer Voss seems to know very well. In order to finally catch this killer and put him down, Voss needs to get close to the next potential victim. What was supposed to be all business soon turns into so much more when Nola embodie ...more
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romantic Thriller
Type: Book 1 of 2 from The Sandman Duet
POV: Multiple - shifting
Rating:

Nola Tensley was struggling as life kept pushing her down. With a son to take care of, she can’t afford to let herself drown. So when an unexpected opportunity came, she grabbed it even though she had her reservations especially with unsolved murder cases littering around. Rhett Voss might come out of nowhere, but he could possibly be her salvation or her own demise.

There’s something about her that I can’t quite put
shifting
Rating:Duet
POV:
Liz
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, buddy-read
★ 4.5 Stars ★
"My heart is an anchor."
description

Nocturnes & Nightmares is the first book in The Sandman Duet. A psychological thriller with numerous twist and turns, Keri Lake has created a dark and delicious delight! A killer is on the loose in Chicago and Rhett Voss is on the hunt to take him down! In order to get closer to his prey, Rhett rents a room from single mom Nola Tensley. Nola is a spunky woman with a tortured past. Oblivious that the Sandman has set his sights on her, Rhett draws closer to Nola and an unex★
Deborah
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

Okay I’ll admit it I stopped reading this a couple of times early on. I questioned why I was even reading this book in the first place. How on Earth had this even ended up on my list?

The reason.
So many of my friends had read and loved it. The reviews were great and so it became an automatic want to read.

I read romance. I’d assumed it was a romance albeit a dark somewhat twisted romance but several pages in I wasn’t so sure.

At times early on it read
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20190707-195000

“When a man has lived his entire life as a monster, nothing really scares him anymore. Not even the darkest demons from his past”.

For the past few hours I’ve had one question that’s been swirling around in my head constantly. Why the fuck did it take me so long to read this book?!! Ive read the blurb along with a few reviews and yet, I still had this book on the back burner. Never again will underestimate this author. Never again will I doubt her storytelling and her ability to give me goos
Lo Bookfrantic
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng

4.5★★★Stars

Genre:  Dark Romantic Thriller
Type:  Book 1 of 2 from The Sandman Duet
POV:  Multiple - shifting

❝ Monsters are real. He was sure of it.  Undeniably certain that the one holding the sharp blade on the other side of the door,...was the same man his classmate had told him about.

KL N&N teaser

Nola Tensley at twenty eight years old had a bad marriage and after tragedy hits she only ever wanted to survive and be strong for her son.   I liked her attitude and strength; when a stranger applied to her add to rent a room she was skeptical at first but she was excite
about.4.5Stars
CC
4.5 Stars

At 28 years old, Nola Tensley is a single mother raising her son and is financially strapped. As a short-term financial solution, Nola rents the in-law quarters on her property to a man who is willing to pay a premium for his privacy. However, she is unaware how she has caught the attention of a killer.

“He doesn’t look like a potential tenant. He looks lik
killer.
Vanessa
5 Amazing, Spine-Tingling Stars!

So, what do you do when you hear that one of your absolute favorite dark romance authors is writing a romantic thriller duet?!?!

photo 24343912_zpsvp9zxcic.gif

Fuck to the YES!!!

Go ahead and clear your schedule because you won't be getting a dang thing done once you start this deliciously dark and twisted ride. This is Keri Lake like you've never read her before. Complete evil bri
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Keri Lake is an author I’ve come to trust over the years. I know when she sets a mind on something that she delivers and never disappoint me. So when I hears she left her dark romance aside to write a romantic suspense thriller, I was all in!

"When a man has lived his entire life as a monster, though, nothing really scares him anymore. Not even the darkest demons from his past."

I went in Nocturnes & Nightmare completely blind! I didn’t know the blurb, not the characters’ names, nothing. I
Timitra
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

Nocturnes & Nightmares was amazing, fascinating and disturbing. It had me intrigued, glued to the pages and had my mind going a mile a minute coming up and discarding theories on who the Sandman is. I think the author did a great job of balancing the moving parts, of balancing the razors edge between thriller and romance, of keeping the reader poised on the edge of their seat dying to know what happens next while making them fall in love with what shouldn't be lova
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
FANDARKTASTIC!!

A spine-tingling, hardcore thrilling read! A must read for 2019, a dark reader's dream.

I don't know why I hadn't read Keri Lake before Juniper Unraveling, yet here I am second book by her down and I'm in awe of her ability to keep me guessing. This book was a dark lover's dessert. Edgy and eerie. Sadistically written with mystery that will have you scratching your head. You know that feeling, it's when you close a book and your body is so wound up, you could run a mile? Just
Eliza
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites, april-2019

★4.5 STARS★

Nola Tensley is a single mother who has been knocked to her knees by the experiences she has faced in life. It’s to her testament, and the fierce love for her son, that rises to feet to fight tooth and nail for as best of a life as she can give him.

Money as always is tight but to help ease the burden she has advertised for a lodger to reside in the annex to the back of her home. By nature she is a pessimist but her cup runneth over when she finds a lodger who is eager and willing to pay over h
Betül
description

I enjoy suspense in my romance novels. So I was pretty excited when I read the blurb of this book, and the single parent part was a big plus. It started out really good, and I was intrigued. However, I couldn't fully get into the story. Voss is mysterious and I definitely enjoyed his character, but I couldn't really connect to Nola. I also think the intimacy between the two evolved too fast. It just happened, and I would've enjoyed for their to be some build-up to the moment. I also would've lov
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I love Keri Lake's stories as they are filled to the brim with equal amounts of excitement and chills. Nocturnes & Nightmares was a little different from the norm as it had more of a romantic suspense/mystery element versus a true romance. Nonetheless, as always it was filled with shudders and chills and a delicious connection between her characters as the cherry on top. Voss and Nola were sexy and compelling and I swear this story had me on pins and needles the entire time!!

AHHH
Leigh
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Nocturnes & Nightmares is the latest Duet by Keri Lake with book 2 being released in May. As usual the writing is awesome and the story grabs you and doesn't let go till the end. I was on the edge of my seat through out the whole story trying to tie it all together. Voss and Nola have amazing chemistry and I think their connection runs deeper than they know. I can't wait for book 2.

***ARC Provided by Author***
Mimiorphee
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
Keri Lake, what have you done???  When one of your favorite authors hits publish, you hold your breath from anticipation. With Nocturnes & Nightmares, I'm pretty sure I stayed in apnea during the whole book!!!

That's certainly one of the most surprising stories that author wrote.
What to say that won't spoil anything for you though...

Take the plunge in N&N's dark and mysterious atmosphere.
You'll meet Nola, strong, determined and hardworking mom. She w
Cécile Smits
This duet has been on my list for a while now. And it is good,só damn good...
Dark,twisted and with the suspence building,it held me captive until the last page.
Leaving me with a deep need to find out what’s to come.

Nola has had tragedy enough to last a lifetime and the latest,the death of her husband caused trauma to her son,Oliver. Doing everything within her power to help him,the serial killer called The Sandman that seems to roam the streets isn’t on her radar. Besides,she
Bindi Boo
Holy shit this was amazing!
Romantic thriller with a side of not-for-the-faint-hearted violence. Seriously, do not read this if you cannot cope with animals/women being tortured as the author describes this to the tee. But, we have a dark,broody superhero to save the day, and that makes it all ok!Phew, my heart!
Off to devour the second book, YAY
Grace
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark and creepy, just the way I like it!

If you've read my past reviews, you should already know that anti-heroes are my favorite trope.
What you may not know, is I also have a fascination with serial killers. And before you get your panties in a twist, I don't love them like those loony women who want to date them. I just like reading their stories - what made them who they are, what mistakes they made to get caught, etc.

By putting two of my favorite things together, the author almost ensured that this story was made
Kate's Corner
3.5

The heart is an anchor. And mine feels like a stone that’s been cast out to the ocean, left to sink into the bottomless darkness.

Let me say that I love Keri Lake’s work, she is a smooth and flawless writer sucking you into the world that she has created and here it is no different.

Nola Tensley has had a tough life but she has done her best to handle. Every. Single. Shitty. Situation. But what happens next or what happens to her son isn’t going to be easy it is just the beginning
Courtney
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.75 Stars

When Keri said that she was going to write a romantic thriller, I was all-in, no blurb needed.

Just when I think that Keri has taken us to the darkest recesses her of mind, she draws us down another dark alley with her twisted musings.

Voss is a very twisted man that I am not sure we will ever understand. He may be able to "control" his wants, urges and desires but I don't think he will ever be able to truly control himself.

Nola's family is definitely fucked ov
Debbie
Monsters are Real!!! And the Sandman isn't waiting to send you into peaceful dreams. He's poised to make your every nightmare a reality and your sleep permanent. GAH!

Keri had devised a delectably depraved villain with a plot so twisted that it has me pointing my finger at nearly every character. I have no clue who the Sandman is…….no that’s wrong, I have too many clues and theories rolling around in my head. No character is above suspicion.

When I heard one of my favorite writers say
Charmaine Pauls
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A clever thriller that had me on the edge of my seat with unpredictable twists and just the right amount of alpha hotness. The writing is superb. Nothing about this duet is a cliché. It’s dark and gritty, perfectly paced, and a riveting read I couldn’t put down until the beautiful light that balances the darkness at the end.
Jade Violet
Wow, this one's going to be hard to review just for the simple reason that I was so hooked I stayed up all night and read both books back to back and suffice it to say a LOT happens in the course of that time. For a first time try at suspense and thriller the author really did a good job and had me massively roped in.

The story takes place in Chicago with a young mother, Nola Tensley, trying to raise her recently traumatized son who has gone mute after watching his father die. Nola is
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This would never be a 5 star read, and i’ll Never re-read this book, unless I’ve totally forgotten it years down the road and curious enough to flip the page.

It’s 3.5 that I rounded generously to 4. Could go either way. But bc it’s “Free” on KU, I feel more generous.

BUT, it’s still good entertainment.

It’s supposed to be a suspense thriller Romance. The reason it’s not 5 star is that it’s not stellar on any one of those components. The romance is barely there. And barely
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
I freaking LOVE Keri Lake. Her mind is so damn twisted! Nocturnes and Nightmares is creeeepy!! It’s intense, sexy, and suspenseful. I could not read it fast enough! Now I am dying for the conclusion. I know it’s going to be epic!!
Izy
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating ~ 4.5 stars
Nightmares and Monsters are real and no one knows this better than Voss, Nola and her son Oliver.

Keri Lake brings in her A game with an extremely disturbing serial killer, slightly less scary anti hero and a single mother who has experienced too many tragedies but is a wonderful parent.

Rhett Voss and Nola Tensely are very different people, one if a hitman and the other is a recently widowed waitress dealing with her own issues. They are both such compelling protagonists though, they have both their own demons and a
FMABookReviews
I can't believe I made it to the end of this first book. At times I didn't think I would.

My review is for both books in this duet. And you can find the full review here

social_facebook_2x-cc59f12f4ab0551091a3a29deb45b3f1 social_twitter_2x-052a9e6a0bd59868c962adf399a55288 social_instagram_2x-843370a281412abe747151cf325a87f0 social_pinterest_2x-9d3478db114852e246866f524f395fc6 limav-flat-gradient-social-amazon
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sin & Discipline
  • The Five
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Collateral
  • Cellar Door
  • Damage
  • A Cruel Love
  • Ivy's Poison (Cavalieri Della Morte, #5)
  • The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)
  • CONVICT: A Dark Romance (Sin City Salvation Book 2)
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • Vow of Obedience (Cavalieri Della Morte)
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #1)
  • Callum's Hell
  • His Salvation (Cavalieri Della Morte)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

The Sandman Duet (2 books)
  • Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)
“You... you can't feed a cat and let it go. They come back! And then they tell other cats that you're a supplier, and then we have a yard full of cats that won't leave. They're like... a really shitty cold you can't kick.” 0 likes
“You're a hot mom. A beautiful mom. And I got fucking mommy issues.” 0 likes