Start by marking “Wounded Soul” as Want to Read:
Wounded Soul

Wounded Soul

One night can change everything…

Jesse Sykes has lived far longer than his youthful appearance suggests. Becoming a vampire after tragedy struck seemed the only option when his soul was shattered, after all he’s no stranger to having to hide what he is from the rest of the world. But eternal life isn’t without problems or heartache.

With a good job and great friends, Ian M
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 245 pages
Published April 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Wounded Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wounded Soul

Judith
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, insta-lust, m-m, vampires
3.5

It's been a while since I read a vampire romance and,unfortunately,this was a bit hit and miss for me.

Ian has been lusting after his best friend for years but Blake certainly doesn't feel the same way.Realizing it's time to move on Ian accepts the advances of a hot stranger one night and a night of passion is about to have a dramatic effect on his life.Jesse knows it's wrong pursuing a human but the pull of Ian is too strong to resist.....

Positives,

-I liked the world the Author created here.T
Wendy

wwr

I loved the "Regent Park Pack" series by this author and so I was sure I was gonna love this new "vampire" series as well... I mean what is hotter than a badass vamp ??

absolutely nothing gif - Google zoeken

This series actually reminded me a lot of the Regent Park series, especially with the way Ian was introduced to the vampire world.

Now as much as I enjoyed this book...it also really pissed me off because I wanted to kill the villain in this story myself !!!

200-6.gif (646×308)

I actually needed to stop reading a couple of times because I was so ang
☆ Todd
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

A vampire walks into a gay bar...

After years of pining for his best friend, when unrequited-love-struck Ian was finally given a fairly-harsh reality check by his best gal pal, his decision to take someone home for the night unknowingly changed his life. Forever.

Jesse had been a vampire since the 1950's, but was still getting over the love of his human life. He was no stranger to hookups, but he'd never felt that *spark* of romantic attraction with anyone else. Until Ian.

The book started out pret
Cadiva
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Annabelle wrote one of my favourite shifter series, the Regent's Park Pack, now it looks like she's just written one of my favourite vampire stories too.

I love paranormal, it's top of my tree alongside fantasy and Sci-Fi, so finding great books which make your heart pound and your stomach clench is a joy.

In this, the bad guy really is bad, there are real consequences for mixing the paranormal world with the human one and there's the start of a love which literally changes lives.

Ian and Jessie we
Sheri
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
It doesn’t matter what Jacobs writes, she rocks it. The last book I read from her was bittersweet. I was struggling to accept the reality that The Regent’s Park Pack ended and was wondering how I could move on with her bookshelf. Apparently, the answer was vampires. I began this tale without reading the blurb (not something I do with many authors) and was pleasantly surprised to discover bloodsuckers. Yep. I love me some vamps. If you enjoyed her phenomenal shifter series, I will confidently gam ...more
Sanaa Z.
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars.

Didn't love it but didn't hate it either.

Find me on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, lbr, paranormal, vampire, ebook
This is a fun, old-school vampire story. There isn’t anything overly original as vampire stories go, but it was quite enjoyable nonetheless. In this story, the vampires have an agreement with the Vampire Police Force – in return for not feeding on live humans, they will in turn not be hunted down. This has worked for a while, but not all vampires are happy about having had to give up on their own hunting and thrill of feeding that way. One such vampire happens to be Jesse’s sire, Peter, who has ...more
Athira
Shelves: lgbt, fantastic, vampires
Loved this book. It's been a while since I read a vampire book and I sort of missed it. This has the pretty standard folklore/ mythology (speed,strength, death by sun etc.) so nothing new there.

Ian and Jesse are pretty hot together. Loved the chemistry and sex. Falling for a human when you don't age is bad. I always think like one character will live forever and see the other grow old and die. But most books get around that so it's alright. This one deals with that halfway through but I didn't s
Kirstin
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the whole vampires and humans trope. Especially when the human has no idea that vampires exist. So this was a very fun read for me.

From the start I was instantly drawn to Ian. His unrequited crush on his best friend had halted his social life and he was finally trying to do something about it when he meets Jesse. He didn't hold back his feelings or emotions and he was fiercely loyal.

Jesse just wanted to love someone. He wanted to be able to call someone his and protect them. It hadn't wor
Joyfully Jay
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Wounded Soul takes an interesting approach to the vampire genre and I think author Annabelle Jacobs does a nice job with the world building here. It doesn’t break entirely new ground, but there are some nice elements here that give the story a fresh quality. The vampires here are unknown to most humans and have an agreement with the Vampire Liaison and Crimes Division that keeps them safe from hunters in exchange for agreeing not to feed on humans. This sets up s
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read & review for Wicked Reads

3 Frustrating Stars

While maintaining a spoiler-free review, I will begin by saying my opinions will undoubtedly be in the minority.

I felt the characters' actions were driven to push the plot forward to a predetermined ending, with little regard to whether or not those actions were in line with who & what the character was written to be.

Example: a coven leader making the choice to send an antagonist to watch someone
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when your life changes in a blink of an eye.

Ian has a good life. He has a job he enjoyed and best friends he can count on. What he doesn't know is that once he meets Jesse his life will change forever.

Ian is in love with his best friend but finally realizes that he doesn't feel the same so he decides to try to move on. Enter Jesse.

Jesse has lived a long life as a vampire and when he meets Ian that chemistry is instantaneous. They click but Jesse knows that even after a hot night or
Natosha Wilson
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great, exciting read. I could not put this book down once I started reading it. Annabelle Jacobs has this way about her and her books that will suck you in and leave you wanting to read the book all in one setting. This book throws several surprises at you through out the book. I loved every minute of it. This is a love story, mystery, thriller, suspenseful, and a book about deception.

Jesse is a vampire. He has been a vampire since he was turned by his sire Peter back in the 1955. Bo
Lelyana

..3,5.

I debated myself whether three or four, so I ended gave this one 3,5.
Jesse and Ian unquestionably adorable together, they hit it off from the get go, can't stop thinking about each other and a supposedly one night stand had become two, and there were when the real story begun.
I liked Ian and Jesse, but NOT Peter. I think he's the major reason I considered to low down the rating, just because he's the most unlikable character in this story.
I always avoided a love triangle in my reading as
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
I liked the characters, but I did not vibe with the pacing of the story. The bad guy was pretty stereotypical for a bad guy, just a general creep. The vampire world was standard and predictable. I did enjoy the chemistry between the two MC's and it their relationship started off quite hot, but then it kind cooled down. The pacing and vibe was bit off during the whole "we gotta get the bad guy" stuff , but it did keep my attention. Only I found myself skipping pages because they came off as unnec ...more
Carra
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paranormal romance in any way, shape, or form is my favorite genre, and since I was already a fan of this author’s Regents Park Pack series, I knew I was going to be reading Wounded Soul as soon as it came out. Annabelle Jacobs doesn’t disappoint, creating a story that draws on classic vampire elements (superior strength and speed, can’t go out in sunlight, aversion to silver, etc.) while adding some unique touches like the VLCD (Vampire Liaison and Crime Division) for a new look.

While things be
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Wounded Soul involves a human unaware of vampires, and a vampire smitten with insta-lust for said human. Of course, if it was left like that, it would be too easy, so throw into the a mix a psychotic vampire, a best friend working for the human/vampire police, another best friend terrified of the thought of vampires, and a coven leader you respect and don't want to insult. Sounding good yet?

This book a really good read, from the first steamy hot meeting, to the intensity of the psychotic, to the
Anabela.M.
Karen
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A vampire romance done right! I loved this one from start to finish.

Ian and Jesse really did it for me. The angst was great, the pull and banter between them wonderful to read. Of course, something would have to go wrong for our lovebirds, because love never comes easy… As if Ian and Jesse don’t already have enough on their plate, with one of them human and the other definitely not, there is also a villain to contend with. A power-hungry, purist villain as devious and dangerously unhinged as yo
Karen
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*

I don’t know. I really wanted to adore this book, as I love AJ’s wolf shifter stories. But somehow it didn’t really gel for me. I felt there were places where the action seemed a little contrived.

I certainly enjoyed it but I can’t imagine any part of it will linger, and that’s how I generally judge the books I read.
Alex
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5
I wanted to love this book badly but even if both the MC are sweet together, the story how it was going on it was not for my liking....
R
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ian is love with his best friend who has no clue. Ian finally decided he needed to find someone else. When he meets Jesse he knows he’s found the right guy. Their attraction to each other was strong. Strong enough to bring Jesse back to Ian. Neither knew it but the life they had will be changed drastically.

Hot guys✔sexy vampire✔true friends✔betrayal ✔. This book had a little bit of everything, including blood. And a bad guy that was psycho, Peter, in the authors words was a “right wanker”. Not o
Lisa The Novel Approach
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
3.5 Stars

Ian Moreton is in love with his best friend, Blake. Has been for years, but this is not a friends-to-lovers romance, and I appreciated the unexpected unrequited love angle. Instead, this is the story of a guy who must, accept—albeit grudgingly and with a not-so-gentle nudge from his friend Cate—that he needs to forget the idea of someday seducing a happily-ever-after out of his best friend. Which opens the door to the possibility of something new, and that something, or someone, rather,
Kathleen
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, vampire, favorites
I was leery of this. Who isn't leery of a vampire story anymore? This was really good. With the exception of Kayleigh Sky's "A Vampire's Heart," which I read a few months ago, I haven't read a vampire story since reading Anne Rice in the 1990s. So I don't know what's "standard" in vampire lore anymore. For me, this was a lovely treat in how modernized the vampires were. There's a romanticism to Rice's "stuck in the Victorian era" vampires but there's something so genuine and real about these mod ...more
Qin
May 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
With all due respect to an author who seems to be admired by many people, this vampire romance did not work for me, perpetually putting in my mind the image of a donkey hobbling between two rows of hay instead of jumping over them. The all too obvious division of the story into a first half devoted to romance (and a rather trite, uninspiring one between the not-for-long unsuspecting human and his airhead of a vampire bondmate) and a latter half pitting them against all sorts of impediments, key ...more
Lauren
I really enjoyed this one. I haven’t read much paranormal romance in ages, and nothing with vampires in years, and so this was a wonderful change and so good that I read it in one sitting. I didn’t want to put it down!

What I loved most about this was that it wasn’t what I expected - vampire stories can often been formulaic and that’s partly the reason I’ve been reading those kinds of books less and less. This one was not like that at all - the story was new and fresh and soooo addictively good!
JenCW
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
3.75 Stars!

Ian is in love with his best friend, Blake. When Ian's other best friend, Cate, suggests that he try to move on and find someone new, he runs into Jesse. Jesse is far older than he looks and harbors a secret; he's a vampire. What starts off as a one-night stand becomes more as they can't stay away from each other. To keep his coven and secret safe, Jesse is supposed to stay away from Ian. Unfortunately, a series of coincidences along with a disgruntled vampire ex cause all kinds of co
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 4 stars.

Ian has feelings for his best friend Blake, who doesn't reciprocate. In a moment of impulsiveness, he takes home a stranger named Jesse. But Jesse isn't who he seems to be and suddenly Ian and Jesse are thrown into circumstances that will change their lives. While the general population doesn't know vampires exist, branches of the government and law enforcement do. Most vampires are in covens that follow the rules laid out by the Vampire Liaison and Crimes Division so t
Kaila
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
i wasn't sure what i was getting into with this one. i enjoy vampires..but lately they are so overdone and seem the same.. however this one was well done. the vampires were more modern then a lot of them seem to be nowadays. i enjoyed the special forces and the special things for the vampires to keep them alive during the day haha. it was just all around well written and fun to read. i liked it a lot
Lillian Francis
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If vampire stories are your thing this one will definitely be for you. Most standard vampire lore is followed here and there is the addition of the Vampire police and coven agreements not to feed from humans.

The MCs are engaging and work well together despite a relationship that is sex heavy at the beginning. The bad guy is a true boo-hiss panto villain: sex pest, manipulator, murderer.

Enjoyable read.
« previous 1 3 next »
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her three rowdy children, and two cats.

An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They're usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tou