Start by marking “Hertsoginna lugu” as Want to Read:
Hertsoginna lugu

Hertsoginna lugu

(Girl Meets Duke #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  28,889 ratings  ·  4,294 reviews
Kui tütarlaps kohtub hertsogiga, rikub nende abielu kõiki reegleid…

Sõjast tagasipöördumisest saadik on Ashbury hertsogi kohustuste nimekiri olnud lühike ja kõike muud kui meeldiv – süngelt mõtiskleda, põrnitseda, kiusata öösiti Londoni pätte. Nüüd on selles nimekirjas veel üks punkt. Ta vajab pärijat – ja see tähendab, et ta vajab abikaasat. Kui õmblejannana töötav kirikuõ
Paperback, Estonian, 304 pages
Published 2019 by Ersen (first published August 22nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hertsoginna lugu, please sign up.
MK She explains it here: http://tessadare.com/bookshelf/the-du...

A note to my UK readers:

This series will be published in the UK by Mills & Boon. That’s …more
She explains it here: http://tessadare.com/bookshelf/the-du...

A note to my UK readers:

This series will be published in the UK by Mills & Boon. That’s the good news! It means print copies will be in more places, and the book will have this beautiful cover just for the UK. However, there’s a downside. Because the UK edition was arranged a bit late in the game, Mills & Boon could not match the US publication date. The book can be preordered: However, be forewarned that the dates on the various sites may not be correct yet. The current UK release date is February 22, 2018. (I know, I know. February?!) I share the impatience and I’m terribly sorry for the wait. If it’s any consolation, I’ll be coming to the UK in February for some reader events! More info on that to come. Again, you have my sincere apologies for the inconvenience or any disappointment, and if you’d like to email me about it or ask questions, please do.(less)

·  28,889 ratings  ·  4,294 reviews

Start your review of Hertsoginna lugu
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“If it’s a wife you want,” she said, “surely you could find many women—many well-bred ladies—who would be willing to marry you.”

“Yes, but I’d have to find them. This saves me so much effort.”

She threw him a sidelong glance. “Can you not hear yourself? Do you truly not know how insulting that sounds?”

“I should think it sounds beneficent. I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter an
Anne
“Lady Penny is a vegetarian,” Miss Teague said. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” “She doesn’t eat meat,” Emma said. He paused. “I still don’t understand.” <--I feel you, dude.

So, our hero is recently back from the war.
What war, Anne?
I don't know. It's a romance - stop quizzing me!

Anyway.
While he was there, Ash (Duke of Ashbury) had a teeny run-in with some cannon fire...

description

In other words, he is a for-real scarred hero. Chunks of this guy are just missing.
Poof! Gone!
War is hell, right? So, it's a g
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Is it possible for my swoons to have swoons? Because I'm pretty sure they all mated together in a swooning frenzy and had swoon babies. I mean all of the swoons! ALL OF THEM!!!! Thi
Michelle
“The Duchess Deal” is sweet, tender and laugh-out-loud funny! Tessa Dare’s writing is excellent-- the first few paragraphs hooked me, and every line after kept me tangled in her web. I could barely put the book down! Now the plot might be a bit on the already-been-there-done-that, yet the sarcasm and wit pouring off the pages made it seem new and exciting with every turn. Underneath the humor is a beautiful story of two hurt people who find love in each other.

Ash and Emma were so easy to love a
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Y’all. Smutathon has turned me into historical romance trash and I have ZERO REGRETS. Tessa Dare is my new queen (duchess???????) don’t @ me
Geri Reads
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-my-loves
This is on sale for TODAY only at $1.99! --> http://amzn.to/2D1XO46

This was one of swooooooooooniest book I've read this year. The only other books that can compare in terms of the swoon factor was the Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas and The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean. All three are historicals and all three worked like a charm.

War had taught him two things. First, life was fleeting. Second, duty wasn’t.

The hero, the Duke of Ashbury became a recluse and withdrew from society due to
Melanie

“Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late.”

Wow, The Duchess Deal single-handedly restored my faith in historical romances. Seriously, all of 2018 has been me being disappointed with every historical book I pick up, but this one? Friends, I was laughing out loud, I was clutching my pearls, I was melting into a puddle of goo on the ground. This book made me
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm really not that big on historical romances. And then suddenly... this is my third one this month!

➦If it has an arranged marriage trope, I'll read it. Because, honestly?

➦It was a fast and entertaining enough read with a grumpy asshole duke of a hero and a poor seamstress of a heroine. He needs a heir and she needs the money.

➦So I guess, in a way it was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling and, while I didn't find it as humorous as some people did, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to a
NMmomof4
4.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a great beauty and the beast type story. The Duke is scarred externally and internally (by his ex), and the h is the feisty seamstress-to-duchess that fixes him! The banter and wit was awesome, and probably one of my favorite things about it. My absolute favorite was the H! He was too funny and not as grumpy and horrible to deal with as he was made out to be, and I loved that Emma simply became his weakness and his strength all in one. The sexy times were pret
EmBibliophile
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

“You’re mine,” he said hoarsely, lifting his head and staring deep into her eyes, willing her to believe. “If you leave, I will follow. Do you hear me? I will follow and find you and cart you home.”

It’s been so long since I’ve read a historical romance book. I’m glad I decided to read this one! Such a lighthearted fun to read book!!

The Duke of Ashbury has returned from the war, a scarred hero. He needs an heir and since his fiancé has left him, he now need a wife as well. The thing is,
Jilly
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over 30 of my friends wrote reviews on this book, and many others just rated it, so I'm a little late. The thing that struck me strongest was how strong everyone felt about this book. There were tons of 5-stars and then 1-stars. How funny that a funny little HR would inspire so much controversy.

So, here's the deal:
The duke, Ash, is one of those scarred and broken heroes. And, he is soooo snarky that I immediately wanted to marry him. Well, except that he's scarred and broken and I'm pretty shal
Bubu
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, hr, 2-stars
The Duchess Deal is a veritable clusterfuck. As much as it pains me - being this author's fan - I can't find any other description that underlines my shock.

This is now the third book in the last few months that I was looking forward to and that left me with the question if that's really all the authors could come up with. Over the time, I've learned to curb my excitement and don't expect a five-star read every time a book is published. What I expect is good entertainment.

The Duchess Deal is quic
Navessa
“I like to know the names of the people I despise. I keep them in a little book and pore over it from time to time, whilst sipping brandy and indulging in throaty, ominous laughter.”

HAHAHAHA. So here for this male lead and his dry, whip-sharp sense of humor. I laughed my way through this entire book.

Tessa Dare is quickly becoming my go-to historical romance author. Her novels are always so full of humor and chemistry and feminism. In this one, there’s even a line that ties in to current even
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
New book boyfriend to add to my list ASH. OMG I loved him. Emma was great too. Full review later
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
SUPER-STEAL DEAL - http://amzn.to/2mb1Pft - $ 1.99!

✮✮✮ ALL OF THE STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Ladies (and gents) - this made the list of my 2017 favorites. I knew after the first couple of pages that this book would be special but the more I advanced the more it became obvious what a wonderful story Tessa Dare has created with The Duchess Deal.

For once I'll forgo the summary because the blurb says it all...

Emma is a spirited young woman with a huge capacity for love and compassion. W
ALet
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
★½ /5

This was very fast, easy read, but on the other hand really forgetful. The writing style was simple and easy to understand. I wasn’t a big fan of the plot, it wasn’t bad, but sometimes it was too ridiculous to me.

I glad I gave it a try, but I would never reread this.
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, historical
My first 5 Star of the year...

Beauty and the Beast type scenario…One Star
Lovable heroine… One Star
Broody sweet hero… One Star
Clever witty humor … One Star
Fantastic fiery chemistry… One Star

"Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn."
Stacey is Sassy
Loving the person, scars and all.

I can confidently say that everyone has scars. Not all scars are the same and some are invisible to the eye. It’s easy to stare at a scar and see the damage. Some people wear their scars with honour and some hide them in shame. Can a person learn to love their scars and grow from their survival? For me, the answer is a definite YES. I have scars and I wear them with honour. Who wouldn’t be proud or learnt from a mistake, when they’ve survived car accidents, child
Giorgia ~ Reads
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, 2020-read
3.75 ⭐️

It was cute.
It made me wanna rewatch any Jane Austen adaptation there is.

There was almost no drama, no angst, nothing to deter from it being sweet, funny and heartwarming.

As far as historical romances go, this had no villains wanting to hurt anyone, it was strictly about a man who was scarred inside and out and grew to have a very cynical view of people and life.

Enter the heroine who was by no means a damsel, she gave as good as she got..

Anywayy, I’d recommend this if you’re in the mo
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Re-read May 1, 2018

This book is so amazing! I just love it so much. So fun and sexy. Just perfect!

Original review August 23, 2017

I loved it!! LOVED IT! Without a doubt my favorite Historical Romance of the year and my favorite book by Tessa Dare.

Ash was so amazing! He's witty, sexy and loyal. Emma was great too. I want to have a friend like her. She's smart, sweet and I loved that she keeps Ash on his toes. Their banter was priceless. I loved that they talked to each other and there wasn't any
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Dream. Hope. More' Stars!

Now I completely understand many of my book friends swooning so hard over this book. I TOTALLY GET IT. This book was simply BRILLIANT. It's been the longest time since my last historical romance read and now this masterpiece just reminded me why I love it so much! I can't even put it properly into words but Tessa Dare just made me melt into a puddle of happiness.

The Duchess Deal is the first installment of Tessa Dare’s Girl Meets Duke series and it’s one of the best
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Kindle Monthly Deal Aug 2018 at Amazon for 1.99

This was A-dor-ABLE. First I love Emma she is my kind of girl. She had me on page 2 when this was used to describe her.
“Emma Gladstone had learned a few hard lessons by the age of two-and-twenty. Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late. Most of the time, a girl needed to rescue herself.”

Beauty and the
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Your days will be yours to do whatever you wish." His voice darkened. "Your nights, however, will belong to me."

You guys. You guys. I can't believe I didn't read this sooner! The Duchess Deal was everything I never knew I needed! I love Emma and Ash so much, I can't help but grin whenever I think about them. Some parts and elements of the story reminded me a little of Beauty and the Beast but I wouldn't call it a retelling.

Healed from the scars he obtained during the war, the Duke of
Somia
The Duke of Ashbury has returned from war scarred on the inside and outside and it is his external scars that have led to his vapid fiancé breaking their engagement (anyone else think he has escaped a life of torture?), and so he spends most of his days brooding and drinking, keeping away from the gaze of society, until a certain lady comes knocking on his door dressed in an atrocious wedding dress. Emma, is one gusty woman, desperately needing the money the Duke’s ex-finance hasn’t paid her, fo ...more
Ginger
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed this book in the new series by Tessa Dare!! I enjoyed both characters and the plot was well done.

The Duke of Ashbury is unhappy and scarred from the war. Like really scarred, on this face and body. He needs a wife so that he can produce an heir. He doesn't want his jackass of a cousin to get the title if something happens to him.

In comes Emma Gladstone! She's a seamstress and has been abandoned by her father the Vicar. Her Dad is a terrible person!
She ends up sewing a wedding dr
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*3.5 stars*

I debated my rating a bit for this one but decided to round up as the narration from Mary Jane Wells was very good and the story was fun, more like a romantic comedy, which is what I needed in my life at that moment.

I will always love Tessa Dare and buy her stuff. She is like crack for me, and even if I read a book from her that I don't 5-star, I know I'll eat up the other books in the same series.

I have a big weakness for a scarred MC, and I loved how we got a MC that wasn't just a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars <3

I'm so in love with this story,I absolutely adored everything about The Duchess Deal,the characters the plot and the romance!I'm still swooning thinking about it and I can tell you for sure that I'm going to re-read it really soon!!!

Emma and Ash's relationship starts with a slow burn and grows into something intense,passionate and hot.I loved watching them trying to find their way to a true relationship.Ash in the beginning isn't so easy as a hero but I can understand him,throu
Saint Monique
5 'My Precious Angel Muffin' stars

“Are you—” There seemed no way to say it but to say it. “Your Grace, are you trying to get me into your bed?”
Yes. Nightly. I said as much, not a minute ago. Are you listening at all?”
“Listening, yes,” she muttered to herself. “Comprehending, no.”

First read: 7 Jan 2018 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Re-read: 26 Apr 2020 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

First, I need to confess something. I read historical romances because of the historical setting, therefore I don't like modern vibes in them. And I dislike duk
Carol (Bookaria)
After reading Romancing the Duke by the same author I was looking forward to this book and...

I liked it but did not love it as much as the previous one.

The Duke of Asbury is looking for a bride to produce an heir and sets up a marriage of convenience with a seamstress named Emma. He has some rules that she must follow, the only problem is that she intends to break them all!

I loved the the character of the Duke, he is great, a stout man with very dry humor and sharp wit. He was scarred in wa

• Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Girl Meets Duke (4 books)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Bride Bet (Girl Meets Duke, #4)