Start by marking “Oware Mosaic” as Want to Read:
Oware Mosaic

Oware Mosaic

Decades after a cataclysmic nuclear war, Ghanaian scientists develop technology that store consciousness onto data orbs called retcons. Seventeen-year-old forensic specialist, Feeni Xo, is a Enhuman (a radiation-enhanced metabolic human) that, similar to a vampire, need blood for sustenance. Through a game called the House of Oware, Feeni discovers that the virtual constru ...more
Published April 26th 2019 by Omnium Gatherum Media

To ask other readers questions about Oware Mosaic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oware Mosaic

Start your review of Oware Mosaic
Kathy Finfrock
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this novel down. Nzondi has created a fascinating world for those that have survived the nuclear wars, both reality and virtual. It's a stand alone story, but a lot of things were set in motion that I would like see where those paths lead. Hopefully, a sequel is in progress.
Saving sentient beings from total extinction is a tiny part of the story. They have no idea what they are up against. This is a murder mystery. This is a story of revenge. This is a story of family and values.
Elizabeth Crowens
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent example of dark Afro-futurism. Compelling, good characterization and fresh. Definitely would recommend this novel!
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I signed up to review as part of a blog tour. While I still love the idea, the execution rendered it unreadable for me. I couldn't finish it and had to switch to a spotlight post for the tour.

Throwing my two cents out there: Maybe setting up the game world with a previous case as a flash back intro and then diving into our troubled young MC, with more deta
Billy Buttons
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: Oware Mosaic

Writing Style: 6/10
Content: 8/10
Cover: 8/10
Of the 17 readers:
13 would read another book by this author.
15 thought the cover was good or excellent.
14 felt it was easy to follow.
14 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 11 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘plotting a story’.
Of all t
Leo McBride
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is the winner of the 2019 Bram Stoker Award for a YA novel - which is how I heard of it.
It's a slice of afrofuturism set in Ghana, and... well, let's just say there's a lot packed in here.
There's been a nuclear war, the characters in the novel are dealing with the aftermath, scientists have found a way to store consciousness on data orbs, some people have been affected by radiation and turned into vampire-like creatures, there are vicious dog creatures to beware of... oh, and there's a vi
Anthony
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Review

An incredibly daring and creative new dystopian and sci-fi horror novel, author Nzondi has captured the reader’s attention and painted a vivid picture of this apocalyptic-level future. A fantastic story that delves into the much-needed genre of Afrofuturism and contemporary Black science fiction, the narrative does an excellent job of balancing the intricate pacing of the main mystery with the powerful and artistic setting that is both original and full of culture all at once.

The char
J.M. Northup
Jun 23, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creative Tech Dystopian

This is an original spin on some existing concepts. A creative story bringing together pieces of Star Trek, Hunger Games, and True Blood/Soosie Stackhouse.

Overall, I enjoyed this story. It had lots of action and intrigue. I found Xo and Lamp a believeable dynamic. The unique blend of technology with this post-nuclear world was well developed. The author did a great job adding in small details to elude to big reveals.

I must admit, considering this is a Bram Stroker Award W
John Kerry
Jun 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Whether they’re sci-fi books about androids dominating the world or speculative fiction tales that aren’t so far from real life, dystopian novels are never not in vogue. The story is in very intense environment and love story Nzondi created is just beautiful, it kept me reading page by page.

This book is all about Power, human trafficking, hacking and lot of other stuff, this is now one of my favourite book. Nzondi constructs a narrative where people believe things they can not really believe.

I
Danielle Urban
Aug 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Oware Mosaic by Nzondi is the most engaging novel I have read this summer! The book is well-written. It is mostly a character driven plot. The beginning introduces the readers to this strong independent yet fierce young woman, Feeni. She is not only all of those things, but she is easy to connect with due to her certain flaws. The flaws make her likable as a character. Instantly, I felt a connection to her. Nzondi created a female protagonist that is unforgettable. The plot was never boring. The ...more
Tony
May 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really struggled with Oware Mosaic and found large sections made little sense, making it a novel I would not recommend to YA readers. Teenagers get frustrated easily and even though it features some creative ideas, much of it is lost in stilted prose with a voice which is both dull and repetitive. Set in Ghana, some years after a massive war, scientists have developed a technology that stores consciousness on data-orbs called retcons. Through a combination of human characters and a future type ...more
Cullen
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what did I see

First let me say I am a romance, murder, thriller reader. I'm not sure what I read in the book intro that made me order this book. I started out reading and wondering what I had gotten into. But before I knew it I was on chapter 4. I decided to stop firing it. The next thing I knew I was 1/2 way through. I have to say I really enjoyed my time in this book.
Kelli Fleming
Jul 27, 2020
Stephen
rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2020
May 12, 2020
E.F.
May 28, 2020
Nzondi Nzondi
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Galaxy Press
Mood Reader
Oct 06, 2019
Tracie M
Oct 09, 2019

• Ice Islands (Rake Ozenna Thriller #4)
  • Stay
  • We Travel the Spaceways (Black Stars #6)
  • Yappy Hour (Roundup Crew Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Depths of Deceit (A Jamie Rush Mystery Book 2)
  • Blood Mark
  • The Burning Time
  • The Twist of a Knife (Hawthorne and Horowitz Mystery, #4)
  • Children of the Catastrophe
  • Savoring the Camino de Santiago: It's the Pilgrimage, Not the Hike
  • When Sparks Fly
  • Earning It
  • Immoral Origins (The Desire Card, #1)
  • River of Ashes (St. Benedict, #1)
  • Backlash (Capital Intrigue, #2)
  • Building a Future (An Amish Legacy, #2)
  • Teddy Loses His Ears
  • Fault Tolerance (Chilling Effect, #3)
Nzondi (Ace Antonio Hall) was born Acemandese Nzondi Hall in Queens, New York on July 4th. Hall received his BFA from C. W. Post, Long Island University. His science fiction/horror work, Oware Mosaic (Omnium Gatherum, September 2019), is the 2019 Bram Stoker Awards® Winner for Superior Achievement in a Young Adult Novel. Hall is a two-time Honorable Mention winner of the Writers and Illustrators o ...more