Start by marking “The Babysitter (Encounters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Babysitter (Encounters, #1)

The Babysitter

(Encounters #1)

“Every story deserves a…happy ending.”

Hayden Rose loves two things in life: babysitting Danielle, and writing scandalous, steamy stories. After an embarrassing encounter with Danielle’s father Victor, Hayden quickly realizes that the two of them just might share some of the same fantasies. He knows it’s wrong, but Hayden can’t help himself. With Victor being newly single
Published May 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Babysitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Babysitter

Start your review of The Babysitter (Encounters, #1)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
Read this yesterday on a whim after seeing the cover for the author's newest book floating around twitter and THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN. Definitely a new auto-read smutty author and I cannot wait to read more from Jack Harbon in the future!!
Riley
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, m-m
love love loved this!! can't wait to read more from this author!
mina reads™️
This was pretty sexy, there was this one line that kinda threw me off and made me feel weird but overall it was cool. I really liked the main character Hayden and I would have loved at least a hundred page novella for him instead of 40 pages 😂
Whitney
I’m pretty sure I found this book by binge-watching booktube one night. I was promised a steamy MM read with an age-gap. The Babysitter by Jack Harbon delivered just that.

College student, Hayden Rose, has been babysitting a precious little girl for years now. He has been there to witness her parents slowly drifting apart. He is worried that he won’t be needed when the couple finally calls it quits. It is such a shame since Hayden enjoys using the father, Victor, as a muse for his dirty erotica s
Romie
so, hypothetically, you know just wondering, can I have a full novel about Hayden and Victor? thanks:) (3.5)
Robin
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall I thought this was really good, and super steamy short novella. This follows a college student who has been babysitting for the same family for 2 years and has an steamy encounter with the recently separated father. I thought the writing in here was great but this was so short that I just didn't get much out of it. It definitely made for the absolute perfect Smutathon read though!!
Chelsea (thepageprincess)
2 stars but like a good two stars.

I actually enjoyed this little story except for the smut scenes. I skipped them. It’s just that it was not my kind of smut (too smutty for me maybe) but otherwise it was cute and fun and sexy and I liked this for sure

If we count out the sex then this would be three stars

Maybe I am just over smutty smut
Ethan
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need to drop everything and read some smut
Darragh
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
In a bit of a reading slump right now, so a light smutty MM novella was just what the doctor ordered! (Plus, now I'm certain that I'm excited for Jack Harbon's upcoming release.)
Amber
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
honestly, there's a line that really...shoulda been talked back (or not there) beforehand. otherwise, this mighta been a three? it was just really too short for me and I get encounters are the point of this, but the angst and build-up felt lacking on the part of one-side (see previous talked back line).
Colette
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This wasn’t too bad for such a short story. You got to know the characters, and it was mostly all steam, which is what I needed. I should’ve waited until all the parts were out though, because the ending was a bit abrupt, and I wasn’t ready for it to be over quite yet
L.
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt, novella
4,5 stars.
Grace's Books
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I- um wow. I want more of this NOW! Right now, thank you.
ReadWithE
May 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not enough emotion for me
pagesofjewelss
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this one. it was short, smutty, entertaining, and you got to know the characters! hopefully the next book gets a release date soon
H. Bentham
" . . . maybe it’s like one of those older, straight man things. He says something that he means in a completely harmless way, and my gay ass is the one that misreads and misconstrues his message."

Everyone already knows I love anything Jack Harbon releases and this is no exception! It's got all my favorites: age-gap, a daddy named VICTOR!, a babysitter that actually cares, an adorable little girl, gay pining, the suspense of "when are they gonna bonk!" LOL, and then steamy sex, HFN, all the thi
Shannonmariee
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Yes, yes and wait a minute... YES

Read for the Smutathon
I originally gave this a five star but I think I have to rethink my ratings of smutty books because even though I loved this story and even though it was an enjoyable time I find i didn’t have enough time with the characters and I didn’t have enough development. I can not compare this book with my other five star reads because it just wasn’t long enough and through read for the smutathon I have found I like a well round story. I would have r
Kelsey Jordan
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, please

Side note, I’m shit at writing these, but I’ll give it a whirl anyway.
Jack gives us a quick foray into Hayden’s world and I like it. Perfect little fling that managed to hit all the points. No one felt like a cardboard cutout and the feelings present were reasonable. I personally hate when a character goes from no feelings to too many in a chapter. Not realistic. Without spoiling the ending, I’ll say that it was perfect and the rationale behind it made all the sense.
It leaves you wa
Mary
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is short, steamy and entertaining. After babysitting for Victor and Margaret for the last two years, he's told that he wouldn't be needed anymore because of the impending divorce. As soon as the wife moves out, Victor puts the moves on Hayden. They have two hot encounters, with the option of more.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Booksprout. This is my honest and voluntary opinion of it.
lauraღ
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
General erotica is cool or whatever, but personally, I’ve always been fascinated with the scandalous.

A really cute, pretty sexy novella about a creative writing college student who gets involved with the divorced father of the kid he babysits. Uh, pretty much what it says on the tin. Funny, realistic, sweet, tropey in a lot of the ways that I specifically like. They had chemistry, they had banter, they had a good time, and it was well-written. I enjoyed it!

3.5 stars.
Michelle
I would say that this is an average quick m/m read.

The main romance between a freshly divorced father and the babysitter. Nothing new.
It was super quick, but wasn't completely focused on the romance - there was some character development before they jumped each others bones.

The writing was fluid and read easily.
There was also a slight inclusion of a daddy kink, so if that isn't your thing, the final scene may not be for you.

Natalie
This was a really fun and short smutty read! I was actually impressed by how quickly I got through it, but it really flies by.

There’s not much to say about this. I’m always a hoe for stories where one of the characters has a child and the two love interests bond over that. So, obviously, a story where the MC is a babysitter was perfect for me. Lol.

I’m not into the “daddy” kink tho so that was...um...not for me. But I think it’s only said once, so it was fine!
Ana
FINAL RATING: 7,5/10 ★★★,5

A very short smutty MM romance novella. Highlly entertaining and nothing more, or less, than what you would expect going into it.

Plot: 7/10
AVERAGE RATING: 7,5/10

FINAL RATING: 7,5/10 ★★★,5
Yvette
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun quick read. The writing was really good but was just too short for me to fully connect. Plus, I don’t think I’m that into daddy kink because I thought it was weird when he said Hayden was like a son to him and then two sentences later was flirting. But the writing was good so I think I’ll check out the authors other books.
Jun 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
It’s all just so tame. Since I’m pretty new to the ebook world and especially the romance genre maybe I don’t know that you can’t be too graphic in your content and therefore it’s always going to be tame in comparison to fanfiction I’ve read.

If anyone has recommendations for mlm romance that has more explicit sex scenes, please let me know.
Farah
Short book about a male babysitter who's gay and has a mad crush on the dad of the kid he's babysitting. The dad's divorced so it's not a cheating book. Read it because I was 'curious' about how sex happens for gay people. And it's a big yikes. lol.
At least it had an open ending. It was a very 'shallow' relationship but I didn't expect much from a 50 page book.
sam
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so good!! While I don’t really like happy for now endings, Jack Harbon is making me rethink my stance.

Terry J. Benton
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick and delicious!

Jack knows how to build satisfying sexual tension in this short narrative about a babysitter who’s job becomes far more interesting than tending to the kids. I’ve been a fan of Jack’s since his “Unwrap Me.” I highly recommend anything by him.
Jennie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short but Spicy

The babysitter and the parent is one of my favorite erotic tropes, so I really enjoyed this story. It was short, but super hot. I also thought the ending was clever and kinda sweet. A good, short read.
Kenan
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
It’s currently 2:02am and this is just what I needed. It may be a short erotica, but it gives so much more than any other erotica. It’s a male male romance and it gives us a full story and characters to love!!

• Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • Guarding Temptation
  • The Roommate
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo #2)
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Bloodline Vampires #1)
  • The Beast (Wicked Villains, #4)
  • The Sea Witch (Wicked Villains, #5)
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1)
  • Grading Curves
  • Neighborly (Erotic Accommodations, #2)
  • Theirs Ever After (The Thalanian Dynasty #3)
  • Being Hospitable (Desert Rose Hook-Ups, #1)
  • Raze (Riven, #3)
Jack is your typical eccentric college student, writing stories much more interesting than his real life. If he's not writing, he's either reading books about magic girls, watching shows about blackmail and murder, or baking coconut macaroons. Follow him on Wattpad and Instagram @JackHarbon

Encounters (3 books)
  • The Brother (Encounters #2)
  • The Intern (Encounters, #3)