Start by marking “Claudia and Mean Janine” as Want to Read:
Claudia and Mean Janine

Claudia and Mean Janine

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #4)

Claudia and her sister, Janine, may as well be from two different planets. Claudia, who pays more attention to her art than her grades, feels she can't compete with her perfect sister. Janine studies nonstop, makes straight As, and even takes college-level courses. The girls are nothing alike, and they can't agree on anything. While Janine devotes all her time to working o ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Claudia and Mean Janine, please sign up.
Sophie Graham My favorite character of course is Satcey. She is so fashionable and I love her personality.
『Ashlyn Rosewood』
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Claudia and Mean Janine
Kate
I read this while standing in an aisle at B&N and now I want them all. The whole series. For me. My kids can borrow them if they're nice. ...more
Gabrielle
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
awww this last one was so heartwarming definitely my favorite in the series and one of my favorite graphic novels ever!! Everyone read this series!!
Rachel
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another BSC club on the shelf. Back in my day, I always wanted to be the Claudia, the cool artist with multi-colored hair who hid candy in her closet. I also empathized with her the most because of her bossy older sister drama.

*If one of my sisters is reading this, I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about the other one. 😊

I forgot how many sensitive issues this series delved into, like stroke recovery. Claudia’s grandmother has a stroke and the book goes into detail about the recovery process
Prabhjot Kaur
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Claudia feels she is not smart enough as compared to her older sister, Janine. Claudia likes art and crafts and painting whilst Janine likes Maths, computer and science. Their grandmother, Mimi tries to play the buffer between them but then she has a stroke. Mimi wakes up but she has to have therapy to recover properly.

Meanwhile, summer vacation is starting and Kristy comes up with an idea for the summer holidays and how they can make extra money as well as help out the neighborhood kids with pl
Emma
This is *technically* not high quality literature but I was sick today, and I wanted to meet my reading goal. Plus my sister has the entire series, and this is SO cute. I finished it one sitting (of course) and I now I have an extra book towards my goal.
Natalie
So darn cute!!!! I love how each of the books have little lessons in them.

The illustrations are so perfect and they are adapted well without losing vital pieces to the story.

I always loved Mimi. She was so sweet to Claudia.
Amelia
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an awesome book it was kind of sad and I cried but it is an awesome story and I loved it because it shows an important lesson that you should always keep inside of you. So I gave this book 5 STARS!
Maya
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the original first baby sitters club book, so when I got this i was very excited. When i read this, i read it in 2 hours, loving it so much. I bet you will enjoy it as much as i did.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Might be my favorite of the four I’ve read so far—I lost my grandmother earlier this year and the Mimi storyline hit extremely close to home. Love these adaptations and Raina Telgemeier’s style so much.
Gina
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love these sweet stories. It is a heart warming story of everyday life, the good and the bad told in a wonderful way.
Madelyn Rose
This book was okay. I read the first book and I really liked it. I thought that it was an accurate depiction of the actual Baby Sitters Club books by Anne M. Martin. When I was at the library, I decided to take this book out and just read the series a little out of order. It wasn't that this book was bad, I actually liked it. There were just a few things that didn't really go over well or just things I wanted to bring up.

1.) In the first book, the pictures were in color. This time, the pictures
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

As a kid I LOVED the Baby-Sitters Club and would often spend hours scouring the library for the next title. Honestly, I probably read the series longer than I should have (reading level-wise), but it always felt like visiting friends. While I have never wanted to be a babysitter, I loved the club idea. As a bossy creative kid this was right up my alley. The friendships in this book was something I had always wanted. This was a series I grew up with and was my
Barbara
This is a well-conceived graphic novel version of part of the popular The Baby-sitters Club written originally by Ann Martin. Raina Telgemeier describes how she chooses which scenes to depict in the book, which is a wonderful addition for graphic novel fans. She seems to have stayed true to the series' intent and flavor, and readers will fall in love with the characters as Claudia struggles with her feelings of inferiority since her parents seem to favor her older sister Janine who makes excelle ...more
Rachel A.
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed re-reading all the Babysitters Club books (or at least, all that are available) in graphic novel form, but this one really had the most impact. I remember reading the original Claudia and Mean Janine many years ago when the BSC was my favourite series, and it was always a book that stood out to me. It touches on so many sensitive but very relevant topics, especially sibling rivalry. I really liked how Raina Telgemeier succeeded in bringing Janine's character to life and really letti ...more
Meepelous
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Wow, a really hard hitting volume of BSC!

As someone who worked for a couple of years with older adults, I really appreciated the way that her grandmother's stroke was handled. Watching your loved ones get older, and feeling yourself getting older, is freaky - even to those of us in the adult world. But as per usual Martin and Telgemeier handle the lessons for readers (old and young) with great skill and maturity.

SHOWING rather then telling, and especially in this volume just being open to us abo
Sim ✨(wholesimreads)
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars

This is probably my favourite one so far! I’m glad that real issues are being discussed in junior fiction, because that’s life! This one was also so sweet! The bonus section at the end explaining the making of these graphic novels was so fascinating as well ✍🏼
Liam
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good It's probably my second favorite book in the series. I really liked how Janine and Claudia get into a fight but somehow it makes them closer to each other. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good and fast read.
Climbergirlz
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I read it in 2 hours and those were the best two hours of the week.
Rebekah
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, youth, 2016
Adorable and with a great message about communication and sibling rivalry. I enjoyed this better than the original novel.
Olivia S.
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to learn about loving siblings and caring about the people that you love. You should read it!
Messaline
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
sometimes it's funny and it' a good book for girls or maybe boys
Logan Hughes
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
An excellent adaptation of a classic Baby-sitters Club book (originally #7, Claudia and Mean Janine). This is one of the more emotional books, as Claudia's beloved grandmother, Mimi, has a stroke. The family emergency exacerbates sibling strife between Claudia and her older sister, Janine. The comic brings out all the emotion of Claudia's family storyline, as well as the humor of the baby-sitting interludes in which the rest of the club conducts a summer play group.

This is the last of Raina Tel
Danielle {halfdesertedstreets}
What an adorable nostalgia party! I was a super-reader as a kid, powered through books at a rate of knots, re-read like a fiend — and I have pretty poor recall of the books I zoomed through in my tween years. I remember just LOVING the Baby-Sitter’s Club, though (even though my own attempts to form a BSC were destined for failure), and was always thrilled when I’d scraped together my pocket money to purchase a new edition from the Scholastic Books catalogue at school.

Aside from that, I feel lik
El-jorro
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ComicWorm Speaks!

Claudia and Mean Janine: Full-Color Edition (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix #4)

by Ann M. Martin and Raina Telgemeier

****
Acquired: Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Series: The Babysitters Club (The Babysitters Club Graphix)
Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: GRAPHIX; Revised, Full Color Edition edition (January 26, 2016)
Language: English

****

The Story: Claudia and her sister, Janine, may as well be from two different planets. Claudia, who pays more attention to her artwork and The Baby-sitt
Maile Adams
I really enjoyed this book. It was very fun to read and i think that the author did a great job on it. In this book, two sisters live with their parents and Grandma. The sisters are completely different and do not get along. The younger sister is in a babysitters club and the older sister studies hard and is always on her computer.

But when their Grandma has a stroke, they must work together to get her better. The older sister gets off her computer and helps their Grandma and the younger sister
Star Ryan
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sooooooooooooooooooo good! I want to own these books they are absolutely amazing and this last one was probably my favorite. there was basically nothing about it that I didn't like. I'm so thankful to have come across these graphic novels. I believe I love them even more than the original babysitter Club. the illustrations just bring so much life and laughter and feeling into the story. pure quality!!!
Haidyn.C
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it reminds me of my sister and me because we always fight over simply things. Also, it is not a boring book it has a lot of details. I recommend for whoever has a sister because they could find similarities that they fight over. It is different from the other Baby sitter club ones because usually it is about more charters and for this one it was not that much charters. Will the baby sitter club survive all these fighting with the kids they baby sit?
In this graphic novelization of the baby sisters club, we focus on Claudia and Janine, and their grandmother Mimi, who has a stroke, and so they have to work hard to help rehabilitate her.

This is the last of the ones illustrated by Raina. After this is it s Gale Galligan.

The story is about friendship and sibling rivalry.

Zandy Urzua
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book, The Baby-Sitters Club Claudia and Mean Janine, by Raina Telgemeier is a good book that is interesting. The main characters are Claudia, MiMi, Janine, and the the baby sitter club. I really like this book because it's relatable with me and my sister when when we fight and how she's smarter and me we'll just like Claudia, I do also like art like her. I also really like this author’s book’s. My favorite part is when one little kid was going to pour punch on his little sister, it made me ...more
Kricket
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have three middle-grade nieces who like comics and have birthdays so earlier this summer I got on a roll of reading middle-grade comics and now I can't stop. I was a huge BSC nerd in middle school and I love all the updates the series has been getting on Netflix and in these comics- although now that the Netflix show features more babysitters of color, the comics seem tragically white.

• Karen's Roller Skates (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #2)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • Roller Girl
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Real Friends (Real Friends, #1)
  • Swing it, Sunny
  • Sunny Side Up (Sunny, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Camp
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Positively Izzy
  • Click
  • Just Jaime
  • Becoming Brianna
  • Sunny Side Up and Swing It, Sunny: The Box Set
  • Invisible Emmie
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends, #2)

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (10 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea
  • The Truth About Stacey
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne!
  • Claudia and the New Girl
  • The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1-7: A Graphix Collection: Full-Color Edition