Start by marking “Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)

Requiem & Reverie

(The Sandman Duet #2)

From USA Today Bestselling author Keri Lake comes an intense and gritty romantic thriller that'll have you turning the pages well past your bedtime.

It takes a killer to catch a killer.

And no one understands the motives of ruthless murderer, The Sandman, quite like Rhett Voss.

Having spent his childhood in the shadows of the deranged lunatic, he’s become an exper
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 224 pages
Published May 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Requiem & Reverie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Requiem & Reverie

Start your review of Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I was right. I love when I'm right. I love when I'm reading a whodunit and the author gives me tons of suspects and my first instinct is the right one. It feels awesome!! Anyhoo, part II picks up right where the last book left off and the author turned things up a notch. The Sandman is hitting a little closer to home and Nola loses her mind. Between her cop brother and his squad beefing up security and Voss putting his many skills to use, she still thinks she knows better than them. Arrrgggh!! S ...more
Liz
★4.5★
"You never forget your safe word."
description

Requiem & Reverie is the conclusion to The Sandman Duet. The timeline picks up directly where it left off and the stakes are high for Nola Tensley to keep her son safe and to stay out of the grips of a killer who is loose and on the hunt. As Nola grows closer to her tenant Rhett Voss, the lines between right and wrong blur and it appears as if no one is safe.

"Wait, please! Don't!"
Told in multiple POV, Requiem & Reverie is a stunning conclusion to the dark and twisted duet.★4.5★
CC

Without interruption in the timeline, the game of cat and mouse continues as the Sandman raises the stakes. By toying with Voss and luring Nola, the plot landscape is set with tension mounting and emotions running high. Voss is determined to protect what is his and Nola is prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice.

“I cannot wait to have this bastard under my blade.”

As the author spins a web of rich layers and staggered clues, the entire plot unfolds at a quick pace. Additionally, creeping int
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romantic Thriller
Type: Book 2 of 2 from The Sandman Duet
POV: Multiple - Shifting
Rating:

After a recent tragedy, Nola Tensley tried to get back her life to a normal routine. But tension mounted as Rhett Voss presence started to raise suspicions. With her family safety in jeopardy, she must decide who to trust or risk losing everything she held dear.

For the first time in my life, I have nothing to live for, and it occurs to me how terrifying that is. How easily one can be swayed into thoughts that’d otherwise seem absurd.

ThShifting
Rating:Duet
POV:Thriller
Type:
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description 3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this duet quite a lot. This book picks up right after book one, and we get more twists and turns and revelations (one which completely ruined Voss for me...sigh). I enjoyed the cat-and-mouse game with the Sandman and the author did a good job of keeping us on our toes. All the characters remained intriguing, and the ending wrapped things up in a satisfactory and somewhat opening ended way.

description 3.5 Stars

description

Unfortunately, even though I enjoyed the book, I couldn't rate it as high as I did book one for two reasons. One, I was hoping for more of a twist with the Sandman. I think the revelation of who he was, was extremely obvious. In fact, I laid my theory out to a friend after book one and I had it 98% right. So I was a bit disappointed with that. My second issue, and this is a spoiler so only click on it if you don't mind being spoiled!!! (view spoiler) Alas, that was just a "ME" issue and I doubt it will bother many people.

Even with those two issues this was still a very good duet and I can't wait to see what this author has up her sleeve next.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Deborah
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading Nocturnes and Nightmares I moved straight onto this book. I was fully hooked and wondering why I’d not read anything from this author before.

The Sandman is continuing his killing spree and he’s getting closer to Nola. Voss seems to be one step behind. Left playing catch-up as things escalate.

I have to say I picked out the Sandman early in the first book. Normally I’m disappointed when I’ve figured it out so soon but that wasn’t the case here. Even knowing th
Lo Bookfrantic
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4★★★Stars

Genre:  Dark Romantic Thriller
Type:  Book 2 of 2 from The Sandman Duet
POV:  Multiple - shifting

❝ She is poetry and madness wrapped in fire.  An unreachable paradise for a soulless bastard like me

R&R by keri lake

Requiem and Reverie picks up right where book one ended.  Voss and Nola are discovering new feelings towards each other that neither were expecting.  The Sandman is enjoying playing with these two characters and there's so many suspects now that we don't know who to trust.

❝ He's a manipulator.  A psychopath.  He will crawl beneath your skin and make you questions yourself.

Thereyourself.trust.

me
POV:  MultipleType:  BookGenre:  Dark4Stars
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Requiem and Reverie is the conclusion to Nocturnes and Nightmares. A duet of all things dark and twisted. A slow, sexy burn in romance. A mystery filled thriller that will keep you on your toes from start to finish. I'm going to keep my review short, no spoilers from me.

Keri Lake writes with exhilarating purpose. I did not let out a breath until the last page. I'll be definitely adding The Sandman Duet to my favorites list. These two books have everything I love in my dark books, just the right
Kate's Corner
4.5 Stars

She is poetry and madness wrapped in fire. An unreachable paradise for a soulless bastard like me.

This was so much better than the first book IMO. It had everything I wanted. What I didn’t want though was some stupidity from the heroine although she wasn’t TSTL.

I’m using some of my review from book one as I just can’t be arsed to write it again.

Let me say that I love Keri Lake’s work, she is a smooth and flawless writer sucking you into the world that she has created and
Bindi Boo
This duet is seriously good, especially for those who love thriller and action. This is a nail biting, gut twisting page turner with main characters who were so broken yet willful at finding this sadistic, disgusting serial killer. Romance was blended in well, along with dark themed sexy bits.
And the retribution the killer faced at the end...i wish you could hear my applause, i'm still clapping!
HIGHLY recommend this, can't wait to check out other books by this author.
Leigh
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Requiem & Reverie is book 2 in The Sandman Duet and believe me if you thought book 1 had you on edge wait for book 2. My anxiety was through the roof with this one, I can't believe as I read this book I still had no idea who the Sandman was. It was both frustrating and thrilling. In the end your left with an uneasy feeling for the characters but you know at some point it will be done. The Sandman Duet was a great ride and I look forward to what this author gives us next.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Cheesy. Predictable.

A heroine that was not very interesting in book 1, becomes downright stupid in book 2. Moving on.

A hero that WAS interesting in book 1, call me intrigued with his opening torture scene... becomes a wuss and a deviant in book 2, saved by an 11 yr old boy.

Won’t be reading more from this author.
Grace
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

The author ramps up the intensity in the conclusion to this creepy thriller, with an ending that had me wanting to scream and clap all at once.

Going into book two of this duet, we know the following:
Nola is in grave danger.
Voss is doing his best to stay ahead of the Sandman, but he's lacking anything solid to track down this psychopath.
The Sandman is losing patience.

It doesn't take long for things to go sideways in this book, when Nola and Voss leave their guard down just long enough. And Voss' lack of honesty with Nola gets him into some hot water, whe
Mimiorphee
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
Yes, Keri Lake did it!!! If you had any doubts, let me tell you, Requiem & Reverie, the second installment of the Sandman Duet, is just as amazing as Nocturnes & Nightmares! And I'm so glad it releases just a few weeks after the first book, otherwise the wait would have killed me!

The game keeps going, darker and darker, faster and faster. Oh the thrill!!!! The intrigue kept me on the edge of my seat.

“You want to know why we do it, Sunshine? Why we kill so easily,/>
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Omg! Talk about a heart-pounding read! This one had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Requiem and Reverie was the perfect conclusion to The Sandman Duet. It’s suspenseful and disturbing, dark and brutal, and I loved it! Another fantastic read by Keri Lake. I love the way her twisted mind works! I highly recommend this duet to my fellow lovers of dark reads!
Jade Violet
Yes! My Spidey senses were right on target in the first book! But the major mind fuck was that although I was right, that wasn't all there was to it. Continuing on the journey with Rhett, Nola, her son Oliver, and the Sandman slowly working his way towards Nola was one crazy ride! There was so much to the finale between the sex ramping up between Rhett, who started to let his true colors come out and Nola that finally stopped repressing hers,

“You love this, don’t you? You and me? We’re the/>“You
Timitra
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

Requiem & Reverie was a tension filled read that had me at the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. I loved every moment of it. Although I predicted who the Sandman was while reading the first there were some things that didn't see coming which heightened my overall reading experience, making it that much better. I loved this duet and highly recommend it.

Copy provided by author
FMABookReviews
I set out reading this duet with a heightened excitement, because as an author, Keri Lake never, ever ceases to surprise me and always, always, hurtles me away from my comfort zone. She is a phenomenally talented writer and is definitely one of the few authors I think is under rated.

With this duet, Keri doesn't just teeter on the line of shocking and dark, she jumps the line. She tests her readers ability to enjoy the dark, twisted and horrifying. Admittedly, I have read some of her stories wit
Courtney
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The ARC for this popped up on my kindle and I immediately halted whatever I was reading so that I could dive into this one because I truly had to see where Keri was taking this duet and who the Sandman was!!

Requiem & Reverie picks up exactly where Nocturnes & Nightmares ended and it does not slow down one bit.

We are still getting viewpoints from Voss, Nola and the Sandman which just keeps the whole plot all the more entertaining and engaging. Something that I want
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
4.5 stars ~ Jess
A great conclusion to this duet.

Where part one set the stage and part two was where I was left holding my breath. Picking up right where you leave off and right in the thick of it. This book was where the secrets come out. Nola finds out who Voss really is. She questions her sanity and everything that has gone on for the last number of months.

Voss is trying to get closer to answers only for every step forward he is three steps behind. He is also questioning his feelings f
Kelly Kemmerly
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew it was him!
Seriously, Keri Lake’s writing in this genre is brilliant! I’ve enjoyed every book from her hands and dark mind, and Requiem & Reverie did not disappoint.
The second book in the Sandman Duet continues the living nightmare for Nola while she agonizes over Oliver’s disappearance. Voss is on the hunt to find the psycho who fills the eyes of his victims with sand before it’s too late. Voss and Nola discover that they are more connected when pain meets pleasure.

“It’s a fu
Cécile Smits
The second part of this dark duet delivered exactly what i was hoping for: twists,turns,love,hate and a grand finale.
And on top of that delicious dark tale you have not one,but two bonusses!
One dark,one light. And each a real treat.

With the knowledge of the Sandman’s ultimate goal,and with his feelings for Nola growing,Voss is even more determined to find the bastard before it’s too late. But when Oliver disappears,it becomes apparent time is running out......

Michelle
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sandman is still out there, on the hunt for his most coveted victim and playing games to lure Voss in for revenge. The stakes are running high for Nola because if there was one person who is the ultimate bargaining chip, the Sandman has set that trap. It's still anyone's guess as to who is the Sandman. I had my suspicions, but I wasn't 100% sure. Voss is usually pretty calm and cool, and most definitely calculated. But he's losing some of that edge now that Nola is involved and can't deny th ...more
Debbie
***long slow clap*** Bravo, Keri! Bravo!
There is nothing I love more than when an author steps out of their zone to try something new and then has the balls to go for it. That’s where the magic happens. And let me tell you, Voss is magic. But it wasn’t just Voss, it was the whole cast, the overall tone, the story and that ending!!! That final twist and those final words…… had a smile plastered to my face long after I closed the book.
Karlie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit
You fall in love with Voss even more,and your heart breaks and strengthens with nola.

No fucking around in this book.It starts off where nocturnes and nightmares finished.
I don’t think you even get a chance to breathe,everything just starts happening,you start asking yourself questions and wondering answers,then you get the answer and your like “motherf$&@er”.
And that ending BOOM 💥

I could easier read more about these characters
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
WOAH 😳. I’ve said it once before and I’ll say it again... Keri Lake is a badass writing dark romantic suspense thrillers.

Full review to come!
Joyffree
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Want to play a game?"

We pick up right where we left off in Nightmares -
And if I felt misdirected in Nocturnes - Requiem kept me on a tilt-a-whirl
Everything falls apart for Voss, falls in place for the Sandman and just implodes for Nola and Oli.
Requiem held me on the edge - quite literally- from beginning to the 'OH my goodness so did not see that coming' end.
It took all my strength not to flip ahead and peek - I am serious, I even attempted to justify it to myself
We Like them Dark **
THIS DUET was everything! I love Keri Lakes writing-it’s so sophisticated, so creative, well thought out, and truly, truly she belongs as a writer for one of the big television networks. If I could live in her mind.. well actually I take that back because my chances of survival are probably pretty slim.
I was on the edge of my seat waiting for this story-and I can’t even fathom a better conclusion. Everything came to light, and I’m so happy it did, in its own very twisted way. This story wa
Kaz.
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in this duet more. There were certain parts that I found hard to believe such as when characters do stupid things. A story has to be believable for me to enjoy it fully.
I was also disappointed with Voss in this one, for a top notch hit man he came across as pretty useless to me.
It was still an okay read though that kept me interested all the way through.
Kim Whitehead
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I’m blown away!! Such an intense and heart pounding book!! I struggled right along with the characters! My anxiety level was through the roof!! Such an exciting read!! It was freaking phenomenal!! So Riveting!! WOW!! A must read on so many levels!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sin & Discipline
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Collateral
  • Cellar Door
  • Damage
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • CONVICT: A Dark Romance (Sin City Salvation Book 2)
  • A Cruel Love
  • Lotus Effect
  • The Five
  • Devil's Bargain
  • doyenne.
  • Death
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)
  • Greed  (The Elite Seven, #7)
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

The Sandman Duet (2 books)
  • Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)