Start by marking “Dead Sexy” as Want to Read:
Dead Sexy

Dead Sexy

Why do men like intelligent women?
Because opposites attract.

Published September 20th 2005 by Washington Square Press (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Sexy

Start your review of Dead Sexy
Linda Smolenski
May 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated
I found this one offensive in its sexism and portrayal of women as completely desperate, incredibly naive and easily manipulated by sex.
Jane
Aug 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
Here’s my emotional experience equivalent to reading this book:
Find a list of clichéd pick up lines on the internet. A copy of The Game would be an appropriate substitute. Take the list with you into a hot bath. The temperature should be uncomfortably but not unbearably hot. Stand there and read the list until you realise that you have acclimatised, then sit down. Let a little water out if you discover that more than one limb can be submerged at any given time. By now the temperature should have
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Here was the thing with this book it didn’t so much as tell not show, it basically smacked you round the head with every aspect of the ‘plot.’ It had no subtlety, I think that’s what most annoyed me about it. Some of the characters were okay-ish but they were all caricatures and I know Ms. Lette probably lives in a world where those people are real but most of us don’t so it just rang incredibly untrue. It was also a little bit like when children just randomly shout a swearword and then giggle ...more
Bev Taylor
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
shelly is a failed classical musician and is now teaching music at a girls school - which she hates

they enter her for a reality tv show, desperate and dateless, where a computer matches 2 ideal partners, with great money for a chauffeur limo to gretna green, a marriage then honeymoon on reunion island just for starters

her man? kit who is american and that is about the only thing about him that is true

things go from bad to worse, not only between them, but also on the island. think cyclones,
Ailish Cleary
Aug 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Really awful!
Jennifer Hughan
Ok but so many big words
Lainy
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Time taken to read - 2 days

Blurb From Goodreads

Why do men like intelligent women? Because opposites attract.

That's what shy London music teacher Shelly Green thinks when she meets hunky, boisterous American, Kit Kincaide...on their wedding day. Thrown together on the reality show Desperate and Dateless, they were predicted to be the perfect match--physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Proving their compatibility on at least one score (in the backseat of a limo), there appears to be some
Aimee
Sep 19, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest books I have read! It is funny and mysterious and romantic...in a sense! Seriosuly I think every British female should read this book! You fall in love with the characters and you just get pulled into the book! And start off hating characters but then loving them..its a turn pager all right, and has so many dramatic things that i DID NOT expect, but it all makes sense when you look back!
Its just excellent!
Though the plot was a little unbelievable and riduculous but thats all
Katie Cooper
Mar 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book. I got to about page 15 and gave up. The editing is atrocious and though I think I liked the storyline I just couldn't get past the terrible writing. Yikes. I should have known the editing would be bad when one of the main character's names was spelled differently in the front flap than in the book.
Jane
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have this weird thing where I can't let myself move on to a new books unless I've finished what Im reading at that moment. This was one of those. Also I can't believe I actually read this whole book. I think i remember thinking this will get good at some point, it will flip and turn out to be somewhat sane. But it didn't.
Jan 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't know what to say but it was awful. I have read other books by the same author and enjoyed them.

The plot is ridiculous, and if you can get through the first few pages all I can say is, yes it is that bad and it does not get any better. To save you time read something else!
Petite Duck
Dec 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Horrible cliched book. I'm so ashamed of having it in my possession. Every time the characters open their mouths I want to bang my head against the wall. They all sound so annoying and obnoxious.

Only recommended if you want a new chewing toy for your dog.
Nettle
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
In spite of myself, I found this entertaining enough to finish it. But I hated myself for doing it, because I don't like spending my time with stupid, unbelievable characters who repeatedly make terrible choices. I probably won't look for more by this writer.
westernway
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday-reads
Would not have picked this up nornmally but it was on the bookshelf of the house we were holidaying in.
I found it good fun holiday reading, totally unbelievable but had me laughing out loud alot of the time.
That said I don't think I would read another one of her books.
Bibbulmun
An easy, light hearted read. Lette does a good job of pulling the piss out of the most glib elements of modern consumerist society. My first Lette book. I wouldn't read this one again but the book if try something else she's written.
Emma Coleman
Oct 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm actually giving up....I'm not wasting my time reading this book! it's not very imaginitive. A girl fancies a book, tries to impress him by doing things she dosnt like all in aid of winning money from a TV show x
Velvetink
Feb 08, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
found today 8/2/2013 1 of 20 books for $10
Aug 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-limbo
I've picked this one up and then put it back down several times. Now I am finally working my way through it. I don't like it but I will finish it.....probably in another 30 days. ugh.
Caroline Donovan
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that read romance novels
The plot line was kind of ridiculous.
John Orman
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
"Desperate and Dateless" is a reality TV competition to see if couples can survive their honeymoon on an island.

Raunchy and irreverent--bad girls will like this one!
Fuka-chan
Apr 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not my cup of tea. maybe because of the fighting scene between KIt and Shelly, it doesnt really appeal to me. read over quickly to know the ending and it doesn't make me any happier.
Nacha
Jun 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
what a load of...! predictable, boring, unbelievable - but not in a good way - and just plain bad. I didn't really have high hopes, only chose it as a reading "snack", but man...!
Nic
Jun 23, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
dead rubbish.

Not my usual cup of tea, chick lit, but after such a heavy read (The good women of China)I felt like something a little more easy going- doubt i'll be converted though!
Vanessa
Aug 02, 2011 rated it liked it
A light and fluffy story with some very funny laugh-out-loud moments. Perfect holiday reading.
Teera
Jan 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Funny, silly and satisfying holiday reading. Found a $2 copy and just reread.
Pamela Briant
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
All a bit far fetched, but an easy, entertaining read.
Quanica Baptiste
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Finally!!!! my kind of book
Georgina
Jul 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
I think this will be my last Kathy Lette. Very ordinary.
Andrea
May 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
It's total brain candy.
Joanne Maidment
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A much better read than I thought it would be. Deliciously funny with the read being worth it for the little anecdotes and phrases at yhe start of each chapter

• Real Good Love (Real Duet, #2)
  • Real Good Man (Real Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Love (Dirty Girl Duet, #2)
  • Of Magic and Memory
  • Real Sexy (Real Dirty Duet, #2)
  • Real Dirty (Real Dirty Duet, #1)
  • Gridlinked (Agent Cormac #1, Polity Universe #3)
  • Мегън Марч Порочно момиче
  • The Mapmaker's Apprentice (Glass and Steele, #2)
  • The Apothecary's Poison (Glass and Steele, #3)
  • The Magician's Diary (Glass and Steele, #4)
  • High Before Homeroom
  • Corelli's Mandolin
  • The Lost Dog
  • The Bonesetter's Daughter
  • The Winter of Our Disconnect
  • The Slap
  • The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4)
Kathy Lette divides her time between being a full time writer,
demented mother (now there's a tautology) and trying to find a shopping trolley that doesn't have a clubbed wheel.

Kathy first achieved succés de scandale as a teenager with the novel Puberty Blues, now a major motion picture.

After several years as a singer with the Salami Sisters and a newspaper columnist in Sydney and New York