Start by marking “The Heart You Break (Wilde Ways, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Heart You Break (Wilde Ways, #4)

The Heart You Break

(Wilde Ways #4)

Her new client is the bad boy of rock.

Published June 25th 2019 by Hocus Pocus Publishing, Inc.

Start your review of The Heart You Break (Wilde Ways, #4)
Claire Robinson
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Appearances can be deceiving…" Stars!

Another cracking addition to Cynthia Eden’s Wilde Ways series, with The Heart You Break finally giving us a HEA for bodyguard; Julia Slate. As you would expect with a RS title from this author the path to true love doesn’t run smooth for Julia, especially when the man you fall for is the one you are supposed to be protecting, who also doesn’t actually know the truth of who you really are.

He was nothing like she expected… But he might be what she nee
Carvanz
This is one fun, wild, action filled read that kept me going until I realized I had read the whole thing in one sitting! I absolutely LOVED it all!

description

When rock star, Bran Copper, has a stalker and refuses a security detail, Julia is sent in undercover as his personal assistant. She doesn’t like rock stars, she doesn’t particularly like Bran, and she definitely doesn’t like the way he makes her feel. Her job is to protect him but he’s making it difficult when he keeps trying to protect her.

Despite b
Marta Cox
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
So on paper Bran Cooper is a bad boy rock god walking around with a muscled six pack that could bring an angel to tears ! Trouble is he’s way more than he appears with a stalker out to make him suffer. Now Bran isn’t the sort to let others fight his battles so when his manager suggests a bodyguard there’s no way that’s happening or is it ?
Julia works for Wilde Security and her latest assignment is pretending to play the role of personal assistant. That’s not exactly a stretch for the tough littl
Dora Koutsoukou
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤️ 🎸 ⛑ 🌟s❣️

This was a very good romantic suspense read. It was not the usual rock star lifestyle, regarding his stage life or fans. This rock star, Bran, had a stalker and a female bodyguard, Julia, was assigned to him under the cover of an assistant.
Their chemistry was amazing, they were both mature and strong characters and the writing was very good.
I really enjoyed it❣️
Kara
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as hell-no-manho
The H being a rock star doesn't exactly reassure me that the author is moving away from her recent trend of writing manwhore heroes.
Eva Millien
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Heart
He has an obsessed fan that is escalating, but Rocker, Bran Copper refuses protection and just wants to be left alone. Julia Slate is undercover, she’s pretending to be his new assistant and while she may act shy and reserved, she can totally kick butt any day of the week. It’s supposed to be business only and he’s everything she doesn’t want. He’s been betrayed over and over again and now Julia is lying to him, too.

This rockin’ romantic suspense keeps readers dancing with all the
Jessica Frances
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite one of this series so far! I loved Julia and Bran! They were fantastic together. Sexy, hot, funny, they were great. Their chemistry was off the charts hot, and I loved how capable and strong Julia was. She very much played the bodyguard role, but that doesn't mean Bran wasn't an alpha male. While I sort of guessed who the "bad guy" was early on, that didn't lessen my enjoyment of this story. Exciting, fun, nail-biting - I wholeheartedly recommend to fans of Eden, fans of thi ...more
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
3.5 stars.

Julia licked her lips. “I’m sorry.” She hated his pain. She also hated that…I’m lying to him, too. But her lies were different, weren’t they? Because she was protecting him? Except her lies didn’t feel different, and the knot in her stomach was suddenly very, very big.

I could love her. The thought blasted through his mind as he lifted up to stare at her, and for a moment, he couldn’t move. He’d just met her. He didn’t love her. He wanted her like crazy, wanted her more than he could re
Lynsey A
This is the Cynthia Eden I love to read! A passionate, protective hero. An independent but a bit vulnerable heroine. This is the 4th book in her Wilde Ways series and my fave. I was hooked from the moment Bran opened the door and saw Julia on his doorstep and just couldn't stop thinking about her.

One of the things I really loved about this book is that even though Julia is there to protect Bran (which he is unaware of this fact for a bit) is how protective he is over Julia. Swoon!

Definitely reco
Somia
Rockstar Bran Copper is taking refuge in a cabin in the town of Hideaway, trying to keep those around him away from the stalker that dodges his every step, In effort to draw his stalker out Bran has decided to use himself as bait. A plan his manager is definitely not on-board with, and so his manager decides to go against Bran’s wishes and hire a team from Wilde Securities to keep Bran safe. Part of this covert protection team is petite, ballerina like Julia Slate, who comes to Bran’s cabin unde ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Heart You Break by Cynthia Eden is book 4 in the Wilde Ways Series. This is the story of Julia Slate and Bran Copper. I have read the previous books (and Loved Them), but feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Julia goes undercover to be a body guard for Bran. Julia was hired by his manger because Bran refuses to have one but he has a stalker that has escalated their game. Julia is pretending to work as his assistance laying low but neither counted on the sparks tha
Sandy Nikolas
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great entry in the Wilde series. I liked the fact that in this story, the female is the bodyguard. Bran was still way OTT alpha and his need to protect Julia was awesome. Lots of twists and turns and am anxiously waiting for Rick’s story!
TSN ☮
Aug 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2019
DNF 20%

This just didn't work for me.
Insta- lust/love is not really my thing. I much prefer reading about people who actually fall in love.

Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Got Fiction?

I wasn’t planning on reading this book today, but when I read the beginning couple of pages, I just…kept reading. I couldn’t help myself! This series is really doing it for me!

I’m not one for rockstar romances, but Cynthia Eden made me love hers. Bran Copper is your stereotypical moody, party boy, womanizing rocker. Isn’t he? When Julia is asked to go undercover as his PR assistant, she tells her boss no. But her boss Eric Wilde of Wilde Security knows she’ll be the
Nomims
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This one was more the Cynthia Eden's book i'm used to, yay !!!
The heroine was strong and interesting with a compelling backstory.
The guy was as usual though, nothing special about him honestly.
The story was interesting and while the suspens was mild i got into it. But it was a bit of a mess and unbelievable when i think of it ^^
Ansu
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very nice read. Easy and uncomplicated and very well written.

I like our heroine Julia and her hero Bran was just perfect for her. I liked that Julia was honest and open with Bran, there was no push/pull going on here.

Nice banter between all the characters.

Very nice book!
Lujain
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
lindel
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Boring

I think I've read too many of the books in this series. The story was mind numbingly boring and uninteresting. I could barely finish it.
Speed
Another awesome read by a wonderful author! The next read in the Wilde series has our female bodyguard, Julia Slate, a fierce heroine, having to guard Bran Cooper. Bran Cooper is a rock star and has been getting threats and Julia is the only person for the job. Filled with suspense, hot sex, action and our terrific cast from past books makes me just salivate for more. We get more of Rick, I really love that dude! Cole is now part of the team and just like Rick, who's book is next in this series, ...more
Liz Sergent
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for the advanced copy of this book. I love Cynthia Eden and her Wilde Securities books. This one was a little different because the past ones were with the Wilde brothers and this one wasn't. I really enjoyed Bran showing a soft side and his love for Julia. Did the book get to be a little far fetched with the relentless attacks against Bran, maybe but I was so enthralled about seeing this couple evolve I didn't care. Great read!
Sandy S
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 25, 2019

Her new client is the bad boy of rock.

Security agent Julia Slate is going undercover. Her assignment? Protect rocker Bran Copper. He's sexy, has a reputation for living life to the extreme, and he's also the target of one very obsessed fan. Julia's job is to keep Bran safe...and the catch? Bran can't know that she's his bodyguard. Bran's manager has hired her because the star refuses to get protection. Bran just wants to be left alone. With
Catherine Edward
"Don't ever jump between me and a bullet again, understand? That's not your job."

Actually it was.

"The Heart You Break" is the fourth book in Wilde ways series, a romantic suspense series by Cynthia Eden. I love the cover theme for all these books in this series.

First of all, I read anything and everything by Cynthia. She's my go to author. I was so excited when she announced this title and she didn't disappoint. I loved Julia and Bran.

This story sports a rock star Bran Copper, who has stalk
Rose
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paula
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I like the different roles that the characters have been in during the entire Wilde Security Series. Each story is different except for having a strong female and an alpha male in them. That is a trademark of a Cynthia Eden story. The Heart You Break reminded me of all things I enjoy about Cynthia Eden’s books. One of the best is the smart, strong and quite capable heroine. I was thrilled to see Julia Slate as the bodyguard. Also I loved that she looked fragile which only caused ot ...more
Lisa
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

The Heart You Break is Cynthia Eden’s fourth book in her “Wilde Ways” series. In this book, Ms. Eden has created some unusual characters that are three-dimensional with very realistic traits.

Bran Cooper is a famous spoiled, rich singer and songwriter. He is usually rude, impertinent and sharp-tongued when he talks. On the other hand, he is very serious about his art. Because of that, he often comes to his c
Heather
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good. So hot. Just perfect. Lots of action, a mystery stalker, and bomber, that needs to be found, an undercover agent, and a bad boy rocker who isn’t what he appears to be in the spotlight. Julia lived through hell in her old life as a firefighter, but now in her new life as a security agent with Wilde Security, she has found a true home, and if not true happiness, then at least true contentment. When she is tasked with guarding Bran without telling him she is his bodyguard, she takes it on ...more
Victoria
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think The Heart You Break is one of my favorite books. Julia is an excellent heroine. I really like her.

We have Julia going in under the cover as a personal assistant to rock star Bran Copper. He is being stalked and his agent can't get him to hire a bodyguard. So the manager has gone to Wilde security and Julia is going to be Bran's bodyguard without him having a clue. She's small and looks breakable so they figure Bran will buy the assistant ruse with no problem.

When Julia arrives at Bran's
Diane
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: TO GET THIS HOT SEXY READ
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "THE HEART YOU BREAK" Bran Cooper is one hot as sin sexy alpha musician rockstar with a stalker and his manager wants him to get a bodyguard but he refuses.
Julia works for Wilde Security and she is hired to go undercover as Bran's bodyguard because of the stalker she pretends to be his assistant but hates lying to him.
Julia and Bran head to his home in Blue Ridge Mountain she comes off as shy but shes really a spitfire they definitely have chemistry and he's used
Downward dog
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Cocktails and Books and Netgalley. The opinions expressed are my own.

THE HEART YOU BREAK is an action packed story filled with passion and suspense. Julia Slate works as a bodyguard for Wilde security. Her newest client is Bran Cooper, a sexy rockstar and notorious bad boy. The difficult part of Julia’s newest assignment, is protecting Bran while pretending to be his personal assistant. Bran’s manager hir
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Deadly Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City #5)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy #2)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
  • Devil in the Details
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Country Thunder (King Creek Cowboys, #2)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team, #7)
  • Toxic Vengeance (Vengeance, #4)
  • Broken Bonds (Crimson Point, #5)
  • Billionaire Unattainable ~ Mason (The Billionaire's Obsession, #14)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes sexy tales of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over one hundred novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocol

Wilde Ways (10 books)
  • Protecting Piper (Wilde Ways, #1)
  • Guarding Gwen (Wilde Ways, #2)
  • Before Ben (Wilde Ways, #3)
  • Fighting For Her (Wilde Ways, #5)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Wilde Ways, #6)
  • Crossing The Line (Wilde Ways, #7)
  • Counting on Cole (Wilde Ways, #8)
  • Chase After Me (Wilde Ways, #9)
  • Say I Do (Wilde Ways, #10)

News & Interviews