Start by marking “Save The Date (Dating, #1)” as Want to Read:
Save The Date (Dating, #1)

Save The Date

(Dating #1)

Caroline Abbott knows her way around bridezillas.

Working at a stationery store means helping engaged couples pick out the perfect save-the-date
cards and invitations for their dream weddings—a dream job.

Until the bridezilla of the day belongs to her first kiss, Alexander Wilder. He’s all grown up now, running his family’s luxury hotel chain, and even hotter than she remembe
ebook, 1st Edition, 315 pages
Published June 25th 2019 by EM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Save The Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save The Date

Jemima
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019
Save The Date is the perfect summer read that is easy and just sweeps you off your feet.
It has the perfect balance of whirlwind romance, drama and swoon worthy characters that makes it the perfect romcom.
I feel like if this were made into a movie..I'd sit with my friends watching the perfect chickflick.

*ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Save the Date is the perfect summer read! Readers who enjoy travel, fake relationships, second chance romances, and books that revolve around weddings are not going to want to miss Monica's latest novel! I savored this novel- like a fine macaroon! I read it in one sitting as well. It's a lighthearted read with an excellent cast of characters and an engaging story line. Monica Murphy can write a diverse number of bo
Antonella
If I would like to describe this book with one word it would be cute.
This is the perfect summer beach or vacation read.

Caroline and Alex were childhoods sort of friends and each other first kiss. After 8th grade, they lose touch only to meet years later when Alex comes with his fiance to pick save the date cards for his upcoming wedding to shop where Caroline works.

This is very light and bubbly read. I loved the characters, plot, and pace of the story.
It was very entertaining.
I loved all the
Monica Murphy
Jun 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
SAVE THE DATE is here! And I'm so excited for y'all to read it! It was so much fun writing Caroline's story, and there is more to come in this series, I promise! Caroline's friends deserve love too. :)

5-MM-kiss
Blog-Tour-1
Release-Blitz-Teaser
Jen
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Monica Murphy delivered such a fun, summer read that had me smiling and laughing! Alex and Caroline shared their first kiss way back when. Years later, Caroline is face-to-face with Alex, only this time he's engaged!! What follows is a great second-chance romance that's low on angst and high on romance. I'm hoping for more books on the secondary characters and I really love Ms. Murphy's writing!
Karen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Very sweet story..quite Hallmark-ish.
Erin Lewis
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Save The Date (Dating #1)by Monica Murphy

Monica Murphy is a new author to me and after reading Save The Date I will definitely be reading her other works when time permits.

I really liked Caroline Abbott, she is someone that I could easily be friends with. Working at Noteworthy she specialises in Save The Date and wedding invitations meaning she deals with a variety of brides.

Caroline is shocked when her latest bride’s fiancee turns out to be someone Caroline once knew, Alexan
Thuy Taylor
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline and Alex have history. They were each other's first kiss back in junior high days. Brother's best friend but they both also had crushes on each other back then, and he disappeared, moved away with his family without any notification or anything. Its been years, they're both in their careers. She works at Noteworthy, a stationary/special events invitations high class store. She is great at her job, loves her job, and one day, comes face to face with her first kiss, Alex. Alex is heir to ...more
Amy
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite part of this book is how Monica Murphy surprised me. I thought this was going to be the story of a wedding stationer who falls for the groom-to-be and then has to managed their tortured interactions, kind of like that schmaltzy Jennifer Lopez movie The Wedding Planner. It turns out, though, that there is more to this book.

For one thing, Caroline knows Alex. They were each other’s first kiss, back when she was ten and he twelve. That designation cemented him in her memory (and her in
Kari Hansen
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline loves her job at Noteworthy where she helps happy couples with their stationery needs for their upcoming wedding. When she was helping a prospective bride, she never expected that the groom would be her brother’s best friend from junior high and the boy she shared her first kiss with who left without any further contact.

Alex is managing the family’s hotel business and has his future mapped out. When he finds himself suddenly single and needing help will this be his chance to reconnect w
Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Save the Date was such a light, fun read. It’s the perfect beach or pool side book.

It was a bit of a second chance romance...but only kind of. Alex and Caroline knee each other as kids, and were each other’s first kiss, at age 14 and 12. After that they never saw each other again.

Many, many years later, they meet up again, but he’s engaged to another women. While it may sound a little scandalous for Alex and Caroline, it’s really not. His fiancée is a cheat. Enter the possibility of more for Al
Jo
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
this is what u can expects, u just wait the right timing to let it happen. that’s what i feel when i reading the book. i just keep waiting and waiting how the lies will be put and what made the lies out.

anyway, i lovely one and love the sisterhood, especially Stella, who will be hers? possible the big brother Carter?
Avidez Literaria
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
“How do I know you won’t try to do the same thing to me?” she whispers. There are tears shining in her eyes, and my heart cracks at the idea of hurting her.
“You’re already wearing my ring,” I remind her, my thumb streaking across the diamond slowly, back and forth.
Her hands tremble in my grasp. “That was just for show.”
“You can keep wearing it.”

Caroline handles brides on a day-to-day basis, working as a consultant at a fancy stationery store specializing in invitations. Nervous, neurotic, whi
Lindy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
My Thoughts:

I love Monica Murphy's stories, and I have read most of what she has written, so when I saw Save the Date, I added it to my TBR. I love the book cover's whimsical, charming, sweet, and old-fashioned visual aesthetic. I am pleased to say that the story inside of the book matches its lovely cover.

Caroline Abbott is a down to earth, friendly, hard-working lead. She was real, relatable, and I instantly adored it. She has a small group of very close girl friends that she spends a lot of t
Jan Cassi
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Monica Murphy does it again, this book was amazing. It was so cute, enjoyable, and sweet. This book made my had a big smile from the very beginning. Caroline was such a sass. She had me laughing so much, I loved how strong she was, she never let anything bring her down. Seeing her slowly fall for someone who she didn't think she would see again was so sweet.

Caroline used to have the biggest crush, in fact, he was her first kiss. Caroline likes keeping in control and keeping to herself, so when
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
I have just finished Monica Murphy’s “Save the Date” and I am smiling so big right now. I LOVED this book so hard!! My favourite Monica Murphy book in a while. It was so swoony and romantic as well as having a few edge of the seat moments that left me on pins and a bucket load of chemistry between the two main characters. STD will definitely be one of my top reads of 2019.

"You're not wearing panties."
"Nope."
"You're a bad girl."

I adored Caroline and Alex. Both were such easy to like characters
Natasha
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5* read.

I always enjoy this authors work. This time what grabbed my attention wasn't the author's name but actually the cover as it's so different it immediantly grabbed my eye.

This is the first book in The Dating Series and a great second chance romance read.

This is Caroline and Alex's story and I have to say I loved both characters but Alex has a special place in my heart. He was just completly swoon worthy that you couldn't help but love him. I'm not going to say anything about the actual
Taz Lozada
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the boy who gives you the best first kiss story ever comes back in your life with a flirty smile, it's going to be a good day. Caroline runs into Alex again with his fiancee when they come to get save the date cards for their wedding. A broken engagement followed by Alex in hot pursuit of Caroline. The trip to Paris, makes me want to go visit again it was such great detail.

Great story with loveable and likeable characters that Murphy is known for. Yes, they have flaws, because they are real
Lindsey Domokur
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great easy read! I have been a Monica Murphy fan for a while and this one was very refreshing. It was low angst and lower on the heat than some of her others, but high on the slow burn. If you like a slow burn, second chance romance, this is the book for you. This would be a perfect beach read. I could tell there was set up for spin off books early on, so I can't wait to read the next books in the series as well!
Stacie Redinger
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Caroline Abbott is one of the best when it comes to her job of helping couples pick out save the dates and invitations for the wedding of their dreams. She also loves her job, and knows how to handle more temperamental brides, also known as bridezillas. When one bridezilla in particular comes into Noteworthy, Caroline never dreamed that this bride’s fiancé would be the boy that was her first kiss. Alex Wilder is all grown up, and seeing Caroline again reminded him of their shared kiss and how mu ...more
Alicia
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love second-chance romances. Love love love them. So when Monica announced Save The Date I was super giddy to get my hands on it.

Save The Date has a few twists and turns, but I did enjoy Alex and Caroline’s story. There was one layer that I was confused with as to why it needed to be added, but once that storyline continued it did add to their story.

Great summer read!
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Couldn't put this one down!! It was fun, exciting, comical with just the right amount of drama to keep things going. This book really has a little bit of everything that makes a good romcom. I went into this one blind and was so thrilled that it exceeded my expectations.
Rosie Read
Jul 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, didn-t-enjoy
DNF about 45% in, didn't like the style and couldn't connect with characters.
Jen Zingaro
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute romance. If you are looking for something lighter to read, then this would be a good option. It's a second-chance story and half of it takes place in Paris. Does it get any more romantic than that? There's a tiny bit of suspense woven through the story. I enjoyed the characters so much. There is so much chemistry between them. So very well-written that the story just flows off of the pages.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Having been a huge Monica Murphy fan, this book was a no brainer for me to read. It was different from One Week Girlfriend.. It was more of a chick lit book that a romance. I must say, I didn't feel much of a romantic connection between Caroline and Alex. I wanted to love this book so much more than I actually did.
Sandy S
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 25, 2019

Caroline Abbott loves her job—helping engaged couples pick out the perfect save the date cards and invitations for their dream wedding. Working at Noteworthy means she has to deal with the occasional bridezilla, but Caroline’s always up for the challenge.

Until one particular bridezilla walks into the stationery store who’s fiancé happens to be the boy Caroline shared her first kiss with. Alexander Wilder is all grown up now, helping run his famil
Jun 27, 2019 added it
I was intrigued by the synopsis of Save the Date when I saw this title pop up on Goodreads. I’m really glad I gave this book a chance because it is quite fun!

Caroline Abbott is grabbing a quick coffee before heading into an early work appointment when an attractive man at the coffee shop catches her eye. They exchange some light pleasantries but Caroline has to rush off to her appointment at Noteworthy, where she works with paper of all things. She helps couples prepare save the date cards, wedd
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
4.5 Stars!
You need to add Save the Date to your summer reading list, this lighthearted and entertaining Romance will have you happy sighing at the end! The meet cute scene is worthy of a Hollywood RomCom and it sets the stage for this irresistible fake fiancée story, that’s also a semi-second chance romance, and has just the right amount of conflict to keep you on your toes and reading nonstop. This is the first book in the new Dating series, and I can’t wait to see what else is in store!

Caro
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
cropped-saucy.jpg
Whenever Monica Murphy releases a book I know I am for an entertaining read. Save The Date did not disappoint. Save The Date is the first book in The Dating Series and is a charming second chance romance.

A sexy workaholic groom, a cheating bride who makes Bridezilla seem tame, and a menacing social media haute couture fashion model all make Caroline Abbott’s life crazy. Between her job and these three, she has her hands full. She’s an expert in wedding stationary, she can pick the best save the
Rebecca
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a Monica Murphy story in quite some time, so after I read the blurb for Save the Date, I signed up for an ARC because it sounded like a sweet and funny summer read - one that meshed together quite a few tropes that I enjoy reading - a fake relationship, friends-to-lovers, and a bit of a second chance romance feel.

And after reading quite a few emotional and dark romances, I knew I could use a light hearted read to even things out a bit in my head and in my heart, and Save the Date
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Dating (2 books)