Start by marking “The Dark Underworld (The Chosen Coven #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Underworld (The Chosen Coven #2)

The Dark Underworld

(Chosen Coven #2)

It’s been a year since she came into her power. The vampires are back to killing and she recognizes Maurice’s handiwork. He’s coming for Mercy. Coming to exact revenge on her and her coven for destroying his clan.

On the hunt for a killer, she comes face to face with a dangerous new clan led by none other than her father from her previous life. He brings with him long-burie
ebook, First Edition, 288 pages
Published May 18th 2019 by Fifth Element Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Underworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Underworld

Start your review of The Dark Underworld (The Chosen Coven #2)
Paula Terrado
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5 stars!!!

Okay first of all, i love the author so much. She’s a beautiful person inside and out. She first reached out to me to read her first book, The Dark Awakening which i enjoyed so much. Her story was not written in a way that you’d think and feel like, “oh its just like the story of (insert book title here). They’re pretty similar, just the characters are different” nothing like that.

Honest review, i enjoyed her 2nd book too. It’s definitely a page-turner! Every chapter is importa
Ashley Byland
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Usually with book sequels, like movies, the second book is never as strong as the first one. This book however, does not follow that one bit!
This book is so full of action and adventure I honestly couldn't put it down, even though I had to because of mommy duties lol
The one thing I like about sequels is when the author casually reminds you of relationships without blatenly repeating all of the relationships, DL Blade did this very well in The Dark Underground.

The Dark Underworld starts off right
Coco.V
Dec 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/13/2019)! 🎁
Myriam
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dl-blade
This was a great continuation of the series. It has a slightly different tone, because we are not dealing with an innocent girl here, but with a warrior and a hunter. I have to admit that I quite like this turn of events. The author has created an amazing character evolution throughout the first book until here.
Mercy is on a mission and no one can stop her. Someone is killing innocent people and she will not stop until she finds whoever is responsible. Her attitude and sometimes reckless action
Pat Labrie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely phenomenal. I couldn't put it down I had to know what was gonna happened next. This book will shock you and surprise you
Now on to book 3
Lilly Charysma
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now this is the masterpiece of the series (for now at least, until I get my hands on book 3). Immediately after finishing book 1 I started “The Dark Underworld”. It took me a few hours to go through it, I devoured it in the same crazy manner as the previous one.

This time we see the entire coven in action and we have a dual perspective: Mercy and Caleb. They have to face so many threats, I feel like they don’t manage to have a moment of tranquility. Again, the plot was great, with so much action
Andrea Harrington
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I was so impressed with this book. The storyline and plot was very original and it kept me captivated until the very last page. I read a lot of books in the paranormal genre and I love books about vampires, werewolves, magic spells, witches etc....and let me tell you, this book has it all. The first book in this series did a great job of setting up the suspense and drama that follows in book 2. I think the author did a fantastic job in setting the right tone and flow of the story. It didn’t ...more
Daisy Sauceda
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*** I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.***.
D. L Blade does it again with book two of The Chosen Coven Series. So we pick up where we left off in the first book. However, Mercy knows who and what she is know but you still feel her emotions as you read. Mercy knows that she is a powerful witch and has to be on her toes everyday because the Vampires are after her. She is headstrong and determined to help people whether they are bad or good. There was some unexpected twists with
Kristine Stewart
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DL Blade began this series with a bang and continued the story with a force. Geared towards the young adult reader, Mercy and her friends (and characters we love to hate), will take you on a journey through the world of witchcraft, vampires, and werewolves; filled with intrigue and surprises along the way. This story lets your imagination run wild as it brings you into the possibilities of this other world. While the first book of this series introduced you to the characters and the fascinating ...more
Aleksandra Tasheva
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I finished the Awakening, I was super excited and very impatient about the second book of this trilogy. I have the same feeling again!I want more!! I love the way D.L.Blade creates her characters and how she introduces us with the every situation they're dealing with!
I love Mercy, I love her strength and the way she is growing from the very beginning. There's no need for endless review about this book, you must take it and dive into D.L.Blade's world to meet everyone!
I loved it!!Waiting for
Cheryl Bonner
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dark Underworld

An interesting and twisting storyline. Although it was read as a stand-alone story, it makes you want to read how they all got to this point. Can’t wait for the next installment.
Becca
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for the second book in this series and it did not disappoint! I love Mercy and how she is this strong independent woman but keeps her family and friends close to protect them. There are so many twists throughout the book it kept me on the edge of my seat! It’s a book where you want to finish so you can find out everything but then don’t want to so you can enjoy it all. Blade did an amazing job with her second book and I can’t wait until the next one comes out.
Natalie
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was sent to me to read in exchange for an honest review.

D L Blade has done it again! Another amazing instalment in The Dark Awakening series! I couldn't stop reading this book. It was well scripted, well synced and has left me desperate for more! I cant wait for book 3 to come out!!
If you are a fan of fantasy or the supernatural you really must read this series!
Julie - One Book More

The Dark Underworld is the second book in The Chosen Coven series, and it is just as action-packed as the first! From the first scene where Mercy finds herself buried alive to the shocking and selfless ending, this fast-paced read will keep you in suspense!

A year has passed since the conclusion of the first book, and Mercy has changed. No longer naive to the supernatural world, Mercy has spent the last year strengthening her skills and controlling her powe
Melinda Morgan
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off with a scene straight from everyone’s worst nightmare! It immediately drew me into the story. Author Di Lundblade develops her characters in a way that makes them relatable and likable. She gives our main villain traits that make him one of those bad guys that you sort of secretly wish you didn’t have to hate. I might have a tiny crush on him -- don’t judge me.

The plot of this book moves quickly. Complete with murder, intrigue, and romance. The story will appeal to a wide a
Mickey
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PHENOMENAL!!

The Dark Underworld is the next chapter in Diana Lundblade's Chosen Coven series and it lives up to the standards set by the first novel. In this installment Mercy, Caleb and Dorian continue to battle the vampires led by Maurice and a few new players. Things are coming to a head, friends are not who they seem; Mercy has difficulty knowing who to trust and her powers are still so new to her and hard to control. If you enjoyed Dark Awakening, you will LOVE Dark Underworld!!
Keana Gabrielle
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in one day. I couldn’t put it down. I was even reading it at work!

The characters draw you in and make you feel an emotional investment in them. I kept wanting more. So when I finished I picked up the first book to start it all over again. This series reminds me of why I fell in love with reading in the first place.
Courtney Caccavallo
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is beyond incredible! From the very first sentence, it grabs your attention and holds onto it for the entire story. D.L Blade has really outdone themselves with this sequel. You begin to understand Mercy and her coven on a whole new level and the absolute evil that stalks them. This is absolutely a must-read and I'm so excited for the third book. ...more
Bridgett Cleaveland-Lopresto
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this book was perfect and I could hardly put it down. I was so sad when it ended and I hope that it continues on and everything works out it plays in my head; of course that is up to the great authors though. Oh it has some heart-wrenching moments in this one though. Love it read it and you will be glad you did.
Sarah 🌺 Books in Their Natural Habitat
Rounding up from a 3.5

I enjoyed this book, just not quite as much as the first one. Maybe I just hyped myself up too much because I was wayyyyy too excited when this came out. The end is a jaw dropper though. I almost yelled NOOOOOOOO out loud in a public area. Excited to read more!
Erika
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of paranormal fantasy
Blade does a great job with openings! I loved the opening in book 1 and I loved it here in book 2.

A lot happens in this book. It takes places one year after the events in book one. Mercy & co are still hunting down vampires. Someone is also killing people that Mercy cares about, trying to lure her out and kill her once and for all.

I liked seeing the different abilities of the witches in this book! Sarah’s ability was really cool and I like how she and Mercy use it to try and root out evil vamp
Melissa (honeybee.reads)
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off I want to thank @booksbydlblade for sending me a copy of the second book in the chosen coven in exchange for an honest review.

In the first book you get to discover the characters and the world the author has created, in this second book you get dragged deeper into the vampire hunting, the magic and powers of each character.

I really got hooked once again from the beginning, this book was definitely a page turner, the twists kept coming and kept me intrigued I couldn't stop reading. T
Sophie Koufes
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Dark Underworld: Vampires vs Witches Novel (The Chosen Coven Book 2) is a cloak and dagger brimming with suspense.

This sequel is just as good as book one.

I like how in this sequel the author reminds us of the relationships without blatantly repeating all of the relationships.

The Dark Underworld begins right where
The Dark Awakening ends, and the continuation of the story is very nifty.

Right off the bat, you are pulled back into this paranormal world that dives deeper into this world.

I lov
Mary Dean
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I must say if you haven't read book one, The Dark Awakening, stop reading and go read it now. This book is not a standalone. Now to The Dark Underworld...
Holy smokes! What a ride! This book dives right into the story and I felt myself throw back into the adventure of Mercy and her friends and enemies lives. She broke my heart at her decision at the end of The Dark Awakening but it works out in this book in my opinion. This book is full of action, suspense and so many twist and turns. I fou
Amy
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to get the opportunity to read the second book from D L Blade’s Chosen Coven series, The Dark Underworld. Since this is part of a series, I highly recommend readers to read the first installment, The Dark Awakening, before beginning this one. I love Mercy and admire her strength as character. I had no problem reading this whole book in one sitting. It was so good.

I am giving The Dark Underworld four and a half stars. I can not wait to get my hands on the conclusion of the Chosen C
Donna Till
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
After casting a spell to remove her love for Caleb and Dorian, Mercy has been training her powers with the coven. A murder has been committed and has links to a vampire clan. Mercy and the coven are determined to stop the murderer but herself and members of the coven are all in danger.
This is book 2 in the Chosen Coven series, and again this book is full of witches, vampires and werewolves as well as all the brilliant characters from book 1.
It is full of action with twists that you just don't ex
Emma Luna
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Book: The Dark Underworld (The Chosen Coven Book 2)
Author: D.L. Blade
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewer: emmasromanticreviews17 on Facebook
Note: I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fantastic follow up book to The Dark Awakening, book one in the Chosen Coven series and they must be read in order. If you loved the first book as much as I did then you will be blown away by this follow up. If you have read my review for the first book you will know the basic idea of the book and
Cayla
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great second book to this series and cant wait for the final third book! I absolutely am loving this series and it is definitely what I needed. Mercy is one strong fierce witch and am so happy with how independent she is and will do whatever it takes to find what she is looking for! I like that it was told in her point of view and then went between Calebs point of view too! Great book, great story and cant wait for the next one.
Elizabeth Galindo
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of this series was equally as good if not better than the first. Once again Blade did an outstanding job of illustrating her story through words. I ate this book up so fast! She kept the suspense flowing with some big surprises in this story as well. We get to see so much more into the life of Mercy and the complex nature of her new life, now that her eyes are open to the supernatural world around her.
You will not regret this read!
Tanya Harris
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-books
What a fantastic follow-up to Dark Awakening! Many twist and turns in the story to keep you guessing till the very end. I could not put it down. The highs the lows, the thrills and deaths all created an intriguing story. D.L. Blade did a wonderful job with the growth of the characters and the story-line in this second installment. Many times I read a Book 2 in a series and find myself less engaged. With this book, I was not disappointed! I will be reading book 3.

• The Family Journal
  • Breaker
  • Woman on the Edge
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • The Wives
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • The Savage Night (Vampire World, #2)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Holiday Romance Novel, #2)
  • Malia (Black Sentinels MC Series #3)
  • Guardian: The Choice (Magical Beasts #1)
  • Destined for the Dragon (Ballads of Cadarnle, #3)
  • The Theory of Second Best (Cake, #2)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Valley Storm
  • The Sleuth Sisters (The Sleuth Sisters Mysteries, #1)
  • Snowed in Love (Holiday Romance Novel, #4)
D.L. Blade grew up in southern California, but relocated to Colorado with her family in 2014.

She always loved writing, concentrating on poetry rather than prose when she was younger. That changed however, when she had a dream one night and decided to create a story about it.

In her spare time, D.L. enjoys a wide variety of hobbies, including reading, and attending rock concerts. She also enjoys vi

Chosen Coven (3 books)
  • The Dark Awakening: A Paranormal Vampire Series, Second Edition (The Chosen Coven #1)
  • The Dark Deliverance: A Paranormal Vampire Series (The Chosen Coven #3)

News & Interviews

“All I knew was that, for the first time since she and I were fourteen years old, I was letting my heart move on.” 8 likes
“I’m letting you go,” I said. “Thank you. Like I said, I’ll be safe.” I shook my head. “No, I mean, I’m letting you go.” 4 likes