Start by marking “Sirma” as Want to Read:
Sirma

Sirma

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sirma has spent the first 18 years of her life as a happy and hardworking Slavic girl in her quiet mountain village. Until she loses her two best friends to a gang of outlaws. The village elders don’t do anything, because they fear the wrath of Amza Bei – the head outlaw in the area.

Fed up with hiding and keeping silent, Sirma dresses up like a man and takes the lead of he
Published July 1st 2019 by Reni Stankova

To ask other readers questions about Sirma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sirma

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Sirma
Bethany Young
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice first book by the author. The plot was cleverly written and the fictional storyline based on historical events was a great debut. A young heroine novel full of adventure and danger showcasing the cost of freedom and risk and setting to right things that have gone wrong.
Gordon Gauss
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the adventure of the book. It wasn't until later I began to understand the importance of the group that Sirma led. My feeling of the writing style is the book was an adult teen or early twenties read. Perhaps I'm just getting old. It would have another star if the proof read would clean up some misspells and a couple of grammar issues. Good luck on future efforts. You have talent. ...more
Yana Haralanova
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bulgarian-autors
As a Bulgarian, I know a lot about this historical period, but there are still very few historical novels about it.
Sirma is a breath of fresh air. The story of a great woman who does something amazing during a historical period when women are close to nothing.

I love that there is no politics or patriotic propaganda involved in the novel. Just a great story that I fell in love with from the very beginning and didn't leave me until the last page.
♡ Genesis Cabrera ♡
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
I’d like to start this review by formally saying that this was a free ARC given to me. However, that fact will affect my review in either negative nor positive way.

To be honest, this book was very good and entertaining. I’ve been meaning to get more into historical fiction, and this book kind of gave me a boost. I will most likely read more books by this author, if the time comes. She wrote such a compelling story.

☻ Things I liked ☻

• The whole message behind the story was so good: “Strong people
Andon
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a good book considering the fact that it is a debut. It is easy to read (which is always a plus in my eyes) but there are certain things that gives away the fact that the author is not a native English speaker. I guess a better editor was going to help here but that's that.

When it comes to the story and characters, the evolution of the main protagonist is well described - her thoughts, inner struggles, motives. The outside world's details are also good. There are few chapters in the book wh
Jennifer Shepard
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome story, by Reni! She really takes you to the scene that she's describing. Excellent writing style. I just finished and let me tell you. I WANT MORE! ...more
Brian LaFave
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic story. This story had me hooked. Highly recommended!
Danielle
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Marinela
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great historical fiction book. The author managed to give human form to one historical figure for whom we know very little and to let us dream with her what it might have been to be Sirma.
Samra Nadir
Maya Tarbett
Sep 03, 2020

• Confess
  • A Seven-Letter Word
  • A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
  • Me
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life
  • The Red Notebook
  • Born to Run
  • You're Making Me Hate You: A Cantankerous Look at the Common Misconception That Humans Have Any Common Sense Left
  • Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good
  • America 51: A Probe into the Realities That Are Hiding Inside the Greatest Country in the World
  • A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Heaven,or How I Made Peace with the Paranormal and Stigmatized Zealots and Cynics in the Process
  • Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir
  • I'm the Man: The Story of That Guy from Anthrax
  • What Does This Button Do?: An Autobiography
  • It's So Easy: And Other Lies
  • My Baby the Spy
  • The Tearoom on the Bay: an uplifiting and heartwarming read perfect for Christmas reading
Reni Stankova lives in Bulgaria and works in SEO, Monday to Friday. Outside of work, she writes about suspenseful adventures and steamy chemistry. She writes in multiple genres with a focus on adventure, drama, and romance. When she isn't writing, Reni recharges by hiking the mountains and traveling to new places. Read all about Reni's writing process on her personal writing blog. ...more

News & Interviews