Start by marking “Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law” as Want to Read:
Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law

Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law

In her own words, Ruth Bader Ginsburg offers an intimate look at her life and career, through an extraordinary series of conversations with the head of the National Constitution Center.

This remarkable book presents a unique portrait of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, drawing on more than twenty years of conversations with Jeffrey Rosen, starting in the 1990s and continuing through the Tconversations
Published November 5th 2019 by Henry Holt & Company

To ask other readers questions about Conversations with RBG, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversations with RBG

Start your review of Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law
Barbara
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

Ruth Bader Ginsberg

The book's author, Jeffrey Rosen, is an American scholar and law professor who's been called "the nation's most widely read and influential legal commentator."

Jeffrey Rosen

Rosen first met Ruth Bader Ginsberg in an elevator in 1991, when he was a law clerk and she was a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. Not knowing what to say, Rosen blurted out a question about what opera Ginsburg had seen recently, and they immediately bonded over their mutual love of opera.

Afterwards, when Rosen b
Toni
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, non-fiction
An interesting introduction to work and life of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I liked the way the author chose to let the reader discover the opinions and hopes of this remarkable woman through her cases and her own words.

Thank you to Edelweiss and Henry Holt Co. for the review copy provided in exchange for an honest opinion.
Moonkiszt
Ruth Bader Ginsberg IS a treasure to this country, and a personal hero of mine, and all the millions of other roles she plays in the lives of strangers she doesn't even know - that's a spectacular mantle to wear, and she does it with panache!

Conversations with RGB is a treat. Each is introduced with the background to place the conversation in context, and then the recorded session transcribed for readers now and forever to slide our benches close in, lean forward and listen, or eaves
Donna Davis
This is the RBG book I’ve been waiting for. My huge thanks go to Net Galley and Henry Holt Publishers for the review copy. This book will be publicly available November 5, 2019.

Justice Ginsburg wants us to know that the sky is not falling. Though progressive thinkers see great cause for concern, primarily within the executive branch of the federal government, the U.S. Constitution hasn’t changed, and the Supreme Court, she insists, is made up entirely of strong legal minds that revere it. Prece
Sarah-Hope
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
I'm going to open by saying I was disappointed by this book—but I'm hoping you'll keep reading this review and still consider it as a book you might enjoy.

The good news
• It's a delight to hear stories from Ruth Bader Ginsburg's life and career in her own words.
• The fact that this book is based on conversations makes the prose reader-friendly.
• The book offers a great introduction to the development of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's legal thinking over time.

The not so good
Rachel Noel
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Free copy for an honest review

Like many people, I only really started paying attention to politics in the past few years. I knew that Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RBG) was an important figure, but never really looked further into it. When she needed surgery and people were clamoring to offer their blood and organs, whatever she needed, I figured I should read up on her. Fortunately this book became available and I took the opportunity to educate myself. I'm very glad I did.

This is neither
Jackie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ruth Bader Ginsberg has become a very popular figure in our culture in the past few years. This book by Jeffrey Rosen has information, background and, most importantly, interviews with RBG. Justice Ginsberg reveals herself as a brilliant, thoughtful, and amazing person. She shows herself to be worthy of all the attention.
Wendy
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy from Henry Holt and Co. through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Jeffrey Rosen's interviews with Ruth Bader Ginsburg are captured in Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law and provide a sense of who Ginsburg is both inside and outside of the court. Considering that Rosen and Ginsburg have known each other since 1991, their friendship and deep respect come through in the text. Organized by theme, the reader gets a sense of how G
Basic B's Guide
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Conversations with RBG @henryholtbooks #partner

Grab a cup of coffee and settle in for a little chat with one of the most remarkable women of our time.

This book is not merely for liberals or supporters of RBG and her dissents. This book is for EVERYONE. I thoroughly enjoyed this insight into her life and career. What an extraordinary woman filled with compassion, love, wit, respectfulness and a passion to strive for equality. RBG gives me great hope for the future and is a
Nicole
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
DNF at 64% Too much repetition between the interviews and the author's notes about the interviews. The material and presentation was too dry.
BookDrunkard
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a little dry in my opinion. I wouldn't be running out to but it, even though I have a great fondness for RBG. It is well researched, but not my style.
Angela
Diane Marie
Rebecca
Aug 17, 2019

• Mooncakes
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Quantum (Captain Chase #1)
  • Rosie Revere, Engineer
  • The Pursuit of William Abbey
  • The Lost Book of Adana Moreau: A Novel
  • Out of Darkness, Shining Light
  • The Companion
  • The German House
  • Spirited Away, Volume 1
  • The Pied Piper of Hamelin (Russell Brand’s Trickster Tales, #1)
  • Cookie's Week
  • Miss Hazeltine's Home for Shy and Fearful Cats
  • Ada Twist, Scientist
  • The Leaden Heart (Tom Harper Mystery #7)
  • Season of Darkness (A Gaslight Mystery #1)
  • Light in the Shadows: A Novel
  • Black Death (Kit Marlowe, #10)