Start by marking “Safe for Now” as Want to Read:
Safe for Now

Safe for Now

A single dad.
A tortured artist with a tragic past.
It will test their friendship in ways they couldn’t have imagined.

Ellie traveled thousands of miles to escape her ex. She finds her safe place in a small town in the Midwest. Her only focus is to pick herself back up and find her strength to paint again.

What she doesn’t expect to find is the brooding single dad and his ad
ebook
Published November 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Safe for Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe for Now

Start your review of Safe for Now
Sassy Southern
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ellie Brock has decided to finally leave her fiancé Seth after he cheated on her but is afraid that he is going to come after her and force her to go back to him. She has decided to pack as much as she can and go stay with her college best friend, Stella, whom Seth doesn’t know to start her new life. Stella finds her a job working for Collins Construction and Ellie finds herself ready to begin again.
Reece Collins is Ellie’s new boss but soon becomes a close friend who she finds she can open up t
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 cranky stars

A well written book bringing lots of different emotions and life changing situations into it.

Ellie is escaping a relationship gone sour she has to leave and go somewhere that he can't find her, she ends up calling a best friend she hasn't spoken to for a while. She is a broken woman but you don't know how until her story is told in pieces to her friends neighbour. Could she ever trust again? She realises that she is not the only one struggling with the past. With helping others she
Mindy Reader
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: single-dad, slow-burn
If your looking for a heartwarming, emotional and slowburn romance then this is the story to read.

Reece and Ellie found a way to make a future together while remembering what was loved and lost. I loved Ellie’s strength and determination to make her life her own. She was sweet, smart and courageous. She came off as very relatable and I could understand why she would make the decisions that she did. Reece was an honorable man who was doing the best he could for his daughter while struggling to l
Carol
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great storyline. Ellie is one tough lady and I just love Isabella. Ellie and Reece was a little hard to “watch” in the beginning as they were both protecting themselves but they were good for each other.
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Brock knows that she needs to get away from the bad relationship she's been in, so she takes a chance on calling her college best friend, and finally getting out of dodge. She's gun shy, which I don't blame her, as her ex is real tool, so she lives in some fear of him finding her again to force her to come back. Reece is her friend's neighbor, who has his share of relationship baggage, which leads them to becoming friends, not to mention, he ends up her boss. While they have a slow burn si ...more
Lydia
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good debut book. It was missing something though. I wish we got the hero’s point of view. I didn’t feel a connection to him so it made it hard to feel his total love for heroine but on the other hand it kind of dulled out his heartbreak for his dead wife. I don’t like reading heroes with dead spouses just because I feel like their love for heroine is always overshadowed by their dead spouses.

I didn’t have an issue here. Heroine was okay; it was just annoying how she wanted to fix him up
Loyal Lyre
NOVEMBER'S BOOK OF THE MONTH - LOYAL LYRE

First point of disclosure - I've beta read two manuscripts of Suze's and have loved the depth of the stories and characters, and so was excited to see this released. It is one of those rare opportunities to have seen an unfinished manuscript and the finished article, which, when they turn out as good as this one, is a joy to have taken part in.

Safe for Now is a wonderful story; not a wholly original concept but also not necessary to be so. An abused wom
Rebecca Austin
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a really good book filled with healing, chances on love and of course some mystery/suspense to keep you wondering if something is going to happen.

I was so happy that Ellie knew she was in a bad position and had to leave Seth. I gave her cudos for knowing that she had to go somewhere that he couldn’t find her. I loved her friendship with Stella and how they both supported each other through the book and gave each other strength. I liked that Stella convinced Ellie to take classes that w
Charli-Lyn Wells
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I generally have a difficult time getting past the first few chapters. This book, however, was easy to want more of. My attitude started as, "You go, girl!" and she did. I really love that this is a realistic romance story. Not some cliché love at first sight thing. More of a happy accident. And I just love that. ...more
tiger 🪐
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is superb! Seeing how far she (Suze) has progressed from wattpad to here is unbelievable and I am in awe! Everything, the plot, the descriptions, the characters and their flaws. Everything is perfect! I love it so much!!
Tammy Brown
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful!

This is a story of a woman who finds her strength as well as herself. The love story grows so sweetly and we learn all that they have been through. I fell in love with all the characters, especially Izzy. Keep some tissues nearby, you will need them. This is worth the read.
James a Schmidt
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Safe for Now “

This was a really good book in a lot of ways.The story about an abused wife who finally decides to leave her husband,going to a friend’s house he knows nothing about.She finally gets a new life with new friends,but can she ever really feel free? Please read this good book to find out what happens!I think you’ll enjoy it.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this love story about Isabella and Reece. She was broken because of an overbearing, and physically abusive and cheating fiancé. Plus she lost her son in a still birth. He was broken due to losing his wife during childbirth. Can the two heal their wounds and have a future as they raise his daughter? Will her past come back to ruin her future? Great story

Barbara
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this Author that I have read, it is well written. Ellie Brock, and single, widower, dad Reece Collins, and his daughter Isabella's story. Ellie's ex-fiance was something else. This story has suspense, drama, danger, is emotional and there is romance. A very good story that had me not wanting to put this book down until I finished reading it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Heather W
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Safe For Now is an engaging read with wonderful characters that become friends but is there a chance that they could become more than friends? This story is well written and interesting, with a nasty ex-fiance, heartbreak, secrets revealed, emotions, and a chance for the love for a lifetime.

Melissa
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksprout
Ellie Brock found the strength to leave her cheating ex-fiancé the catch is she need a brand new life as she doesn't believe he's gonna let her leave. Reece is going through the motions after losing his wife and trying to be there for his daughter.
Beautifully written emotional, heartwarming and slow-burn romance.

Caitlin Gee
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book!

I haven’t had time to read for many years. Life has been so chaotic and busy with having a baby that I just haven’t had time to read at all. This book was recommended by a friend of the author. I highly recommend reading! It was a great story and it pulled me in so fast. I would have been able to finish this book in a day if I didn’t have a toddler running around. I definitely plan on checking out other books by this author.
Gol
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Just NO
MaddieThesaurus
This book started out so great, but the conflict was a bit of a mess, so was the climax.
Nellie
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance

Interesting storyline. I felt like I was lost a couple times, but I loved these characters. There was a love scene, but was able to easily skip the steam. A couple fbombs.
Jana
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The emotional journey of these characters is so real and touched my heart. I love the dynamic between Ellie and Reece. A beautiful story of friendship, love, loss and second chances
Luz Acevedo
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was so awesome, loved everything about it. This was the first book by this author and definitely won’t be my last.
Iluzija 8
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.2
Judy
Jan 27, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, ebook, kindle

Took a chance on this because it was 99 cents on Kindle. I should have downloaded a sample first because I really didn't like the writing style, which made it hard to get into the story. I thought the storyline had promise, but as written I felt no connection to any of the characters (honestly, I just finished the book this morning and I couldn't tell you the names of the two main characters) and the love story was unbelievable, in my opinion. I'm all for falling in love fast, but there
William Simmons
Nov 21, 2019
Jules Chyoma
Dec 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Home Is Where The Beard Is: A Heartfelt, High-Heat, Mountain Man, Holiday Romance
  • The Rancher's Rose: Ranchers Only Series
  • For Ranchers Only: Ranchers Only Series
  • Before You
  • Prince Albert
  • The Boy & His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1)
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)
  • Outmatched
  • Claimed by the Demon Hunter (Guardians of Humanity #1)
  • Vampire Bait
  • Look the Part
  • Gent (#BitterSweetHeat, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • The Husband Checklist
  • Together: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The Girl in Red
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
Suze Robinson is a contemporary romance author. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and daughter. Her passion is writing stories about strong women, hunky book boyfriends and happily ever afters.