Start by marking “Butterfly in Frost” as Want to Read:
Butterfly in Frost

Butterfly in Frost

From #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon Sylvia Day comes a hotly anticipated and passionate new love story.

Once, I would never have imagined myself here. But I’m settled now. In a place I love, in a home I renovated, spending time with new friends I adore, and working a job that fulfills me. I am reconciling the past and laying the groundwork for the future.

Then Garr
Published August 27th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly in Frost, please sign up.
DW4 The author has said it is a stand alone BUT there will be mentions of Crossfire characters in the story.
June Publicación en España: Oct 29, 2019
Título: Un nuevo corazón

Al parecer se ha retrasado la publicación en España hasta el 12 de noviembre de 2019

Corina
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, sexy
What can I say, the author’s CrossFire novels were some of my favorites 7 years ago. I devoured book 1-3 and thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. That’s now many years ago, but I was still extremely interested and excited to get my hands on her latest release, even if it’s only a novella.

But with 199 pages, it’s a good length novella. Great for in between heavier books, for a sunny afternoon, a few hours of easy reading.

One thing is for sure the author knows how to write sexy an
Sophia Triad
After Gideon Cross, let's meet Garrett Frost!
New book and new alpha male from Sylvia Day, August 2019.

5 “wait for the twist!” stars

“You’re broken. I’m broken. We don’t throw the pieces away. We fit them together until they make something new.”

I always appreciate a good twist and this book has been such a treat for me. I highly anticipated it and it did not let me down. An unbelievably fulfilling story and an out of the blue ending. A story that leaks desperation and darkness but at the same ti
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS
We don’t talk about next week. We exist only in the now and tomorrow, right here.

I've missed Sylvia Day's writing immensely. So when I saw she has a book coming out, I jumped on it quicker than you can blink. I barely spared the blurb a glimpse, if I'm being perfectly honest here.

I was immediately enraptured in Day's words and the quick paced story line. This is tied in the Crossfire world, and you get come cameos of Eva here. I don't remember much of the series beyond the first book,
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you Montlake Romance for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review. 💙

Butterfly in Frost is Sylvia Day's comeback novel. Though it's a short book, I'm excited to see what's in store for her since Crossfire series.

The story is about Dr. Teagan Ransom, a cosmetic surgeon and she's divorced from her husband. Being brokenhearted led her to depression and she isn't ready to fall in love again. When a new guy moves in their neighborhood, it shook Teagan and she never thought she'll find
Lynn
May 12, 2019 marked it as hop-skip-jumped
Maybe... I'm gonna wait for one of my friends to review this book before diving in. I loved the crossfire series, but after spending that much money on five books, and hating the ending. I have to admit, I'm scared to read another from this author.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

Sylvia Day. Back after years of ... whatever she was doing or going through. And I'm so happy she's back! I LOVED the Crossfire series! And I loved this one. First of all ... the cover! Isn't it pretty????
I'm not really sure where butterflys are to be found in the book, but pffft - it's so pretty! And Frost is obviously our hero's last name!
OK ... I have SO much to say about the story. But I will have to put most of it in a spoiler thingy! And please don't read my spoiler before reading the book
Geri Reads
Aug 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

This was by far the blandest book I've read this year. I couldn't muster any interest in the two leads and their romance is as exciting as watching paint dry.

ARC provided by Montlake Romance
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Review coming on release day!
Anne
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just saw that this book is supposed to be published in August this year.
Since I was drinking coffee when I read that, I literally snorted said coffee all over my computer screen 😂
This has to be a joke, right?

I have previously enjoyed reading some of miss Days books, but she will hardly go down in history as a reliable author.
Her first book in the Blacklist Series; So Close was originally scheduled to be published in 2017 and it has yet to actually see the light of day.
Seriously; a 2,5 year d
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I find it difficult to do spoilers free reviews but this one is definitely better when one goes in blind, the plot twist was well done with hints of the situation only coming out in the late half of the book. My problem is that for all that it was sexy, emotional and interesting it felt like half of a book! So much of the story was left hanging I wanted to scream! Seriously I love you, I've always loved you ........and that's it???? I want to know how??? I want to know why???? I wanted to Know t ...more
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: August 27, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance

I am a big fan of Sylvia's novels so when I saw that she was writing a new book I got super excited! While I personally prefer the Crossfire series (Gideon is the ultimate book boyfriend) I thought this one was really good. It's tender, irresistible, and heartbreaking. Sylvia knows how to write characters with flaws and the brings them to life as realistic people. This is no different with these characters. I am thrilled to share that S
Ari
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

SYLVIA DAY IS BACK!

description

As a huge fan of Sylvia Day’s Crossfire series, I was over the moon to hear that she was finally releasing a new book. It’s been years since I’ve read a book by Day and I was low key starting to get anxious that maybe we weren’t going to get another book at all but I’m happy to say that I was wrong and I couldn’t wait to dive into Butterfly in Frost to see what it was all about.

After
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
Aug 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc-2019
It’s the year 2013… I got my first taste of Bared to You. I was hooked with Gideon and Eva story. Crossfire series was one of those series that pushed my limit and gave me a taste of a genre that was completely different. Though I have to say that Fifty Shades of Grey was also one such book.

Fast forward the year 2019…When I found out that Sylvia Day was releasing a book, I wanted it ASAP! Plus, that cover was the completely opposite of the Crossfire series so yes, I was intrigued.

Now I have to b
Bookread2day
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review of Butterfly In Frost is on my website. www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

Butterfly in Frost introduces readers to Sylvia Day’s newest characters. Dr. Teagan Ransom and artist Garrett Frost, as they embark on a passionate journey to find redemption, hope, and ultimately, each other.

My favourite character was gossip Roxanne

Foxy is fascinated by celebrity, glamorous and filthy rich couple Gideon and Eva Cross. Foxy can’t keep a secret beyond five minutes, she wants all the gossip about Gideo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Unbelievable. With an ending that I never saw coming, Butterfly in Frost was an engrossing and engaging novella. Garrett and Teagan were explosive together.

You could feel the energy between them from the moment they ran into each other. Both were battling a past that was haunting them but Garrett knew that they had it in them to fight for what could be the best thing that ever happened to them both. Teagan was afraid to let Garrett in but knew that he was determined to show her just how much th
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
This was such a joyful surprise, having been a fan of Sylvia Day since I first discovered her over 5 years ago with Gideon, I was absolutely over the moon to get an ARC.

Butterfly is Frost is an insta-sexy and captivating read that threw me for a loop. It's heart racing, surprising, and at times, stunningly heartbreaking. I want more.

~Tanja

*ARC via publisher

TwitterFacebookPinterestBookBabblersInstagram
Zoe
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Quick, fervent, and surprising!

Butterfly in Frost is an emotionally-charged, erotic novella that takes you on a journey into the life of Teagan Ransom, a fragile, hesitant, plastic surgeon who finds herself inadvertently in the crosshairs of her sexy, secretive, new neighbour, Garrett Frost whose determined to sweep her off her feet.

The prose is seductive and tight. The characters are wounded, lonely, and hopeful. And the plot is a dramatic tale with a sliver of mystery that’s full of
Kayla Brunson
When I saw that Slyvia Day was releasing something new I was quite intrigued. How could I not be? I adored the Crossfire series when I read it a few years ago. However, while this book started off great for me it didn’t stay that way.

At first, I didn’t understand seeing all of the 3 star reviews for this book. After reading it, I can see how people could have all of these mixed feelings about it. I don’t even know how to express why I feel the way I do because that would be spoiling the book. A
Stanella
Aug 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well. That was interesting--AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY.

Lots of spoilers ahead.

I have lots of opinions, but FUNDAMENTALLY, if you would like to see how narrative choice can really fuck up a book, here you go.

So Teagan is a grieving mother and presumably the first person present narration is a way of capturing how she's just soldiering through moment by moment. Okay, I could see how that might work.

But, having first person present totally undermines the entire plot twist. It literally doesn't make a
Three Chicks
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I wanted so badly to like this book. After all it's by the woman who created Gideon Cross. But it just went down too many paths and lost it's way.

The main character, Teagan, is a plastic surgeon who is working on a beauty product for a famous company. If she mentioned the word ECRA+ one more time...I really started to wonder if the product truly existed and the author was somehow connected to it.

She has some kind of tragedy in her recent past, but it's murky and mysterious.
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sylvia Day Fans, Romance
3.5 Pain and Reinvention Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Sylvia Day is back. She has a career to marvel. I first found out about her like many others through Bare to You, the first entry of the Crossfire series. While I waited for additional parts of the series, I found her older books, Seven Years to Sin and The Stranger I Married. These historicals were just as compelling and sexy as the contemporary work.

It has been a long minute since a new release from Ms. Day so the anticipation may be mixed. M
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 STARS

“I’m tired of hurting,” he says softly. “You remind me that my body can feel things other than pain.”

What a white-hot and lovely novella! With a spectacular twist that had me gasping! Of course I will read anything that Sylvia Day writes so I was thrilled to get an early copy of 'Butterfly in Frost'. The story is set in the world of Crossfire but can be read as a complete standalone. Teagan is a physician who works with Eva Cross (!) on the launch of her new skincare line. Something h
Gi's Spot Reviews

4.5 ‘You set me free.‘ Stars

OMG… Raw, heart wrenching, emotion punch, BUTTERFLY IN FROST packs up a huge and colorful trichotomy of feelings: ocean deep sadness, soul warming joy and primal, ‘cell ingrained’ attraction! True literary personification of hope, passion and EPIC LOVE!

I’ll keep this review on the very short side as to avoid spoilers of any kind, because this book, my god, it’s ALL about the journey, the full on impact of emotions and events ca
"Avonna
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

Butterfly in Frost by Sylvia Day is a new contemporary romance novella that is emotionally charged, explicitly hot and sexy and has a twist that threw me for a loop!

I am writing a mini review because the book summary sets the novella up well and if I give too much more information, I risk revealing something that may give away the surprise twist. When I am looking for an erotic romance, Sylvia Day is one of my “go to” writers and
Anne OK
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW! I did not see that coming . . . but I loved that Sylvia Day kept it hidden so well, and that the surprise took my breath away. Great characters -- Garrett, be still my heart! The man was simply perfection. Day really knows how to put a hero together from top to bottom and from inside to outside. I was a little stand-offish where our heroine, "Doc" was concerned. But now I understand why she affected me the way she did. All the way around, the camouflage was well-done.

Only complaint here is
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
===========
I read the book to the end to see if anything would happen, but nothing happened. It was very boring.
She remained celibate and drowned in depression; he gave up their marriage very easily. It is not clear whether he was celibate or not. That blonde with him at first helping him move home leaves us in doubt.
The story is full of holes and leaves us not really knowing what happened and when it happened. So much that went unanswered that frustrated me with reading.
I was disappo
Angie Elle
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC from Netgalley

Butterfly in Frost is Sylvia Day’s long-awaited return to publishing, and I’m going to be honest with you. I had no intention of ever picking up another book by this author. The first two books in her Crossfire series are favorites of mine, but with the runaround we got about publishing dates and then the way the series fell apart, I thought I was done with her. I should have known better. When an invitation to read this showed up in my inbox, I couldn’t resist. And for good re
Carrie Elks
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, emotional and twisty. Can't say much more than that without spoiling it!
Katerina
May 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Not going to hold sis to her word of getting an August release because we know Sylvia day can take up to years.

2. Make this man sooooo loyal, Chris brown’s head spins. Because if I get any more of the bullshit rhethoric that he’s some has been manwhore or has five ow’s traipsing around she needs to watch out for or be threatened by, sooooo not going to be happy.

3. I hope for all our sakes she isn’t a virgin he deflowers, because imma be real bored in that event.
Don't miss out on the hotly anticipated love story from Sylvia Day, the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in over 40 countries. Butterfly in Frost releases August 27th.
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com
“But what really hurts is that you automatically default to thinking my way is wrong just because I handle things in a way you wouldn’t.” 1 likes
“I don’t have kids; I’ve never lost a pet. My parents, grandparents, siblings, and in-laws are all alive and kicking. What do I know about losing someone you love?” 1 likes