Start by marking “Butterfly in Frost” as Want to Read:
Butterfly in Frost

Butterfly in Frost

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  11,623 ratings  ·  1,619 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon Sylvia Day comes a hotly anticipated and passionate new love story.

Once, I would never have imagined myself here. But I’m settled now. In a place I love, in a home I renovated, spending time with new friends I adore, and working a job that fulfills me. I am reconciling the past and laying the groundwork for the future.

Then Garr
Published August 27th 2019 by Montlake Romance
Featured Notes & Highlights
Sylvia
Sylvia - author, romance

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly in Frost, please sign up.
DW4 The author has said it is a stand alone BUT there will be mentions of Crossfire characters in the story.
June Publicación en España: Oct 29, 2019
Título: Un nuevo corazón

Publicación en España: Oct 29, 2019
Título: Un nuevo corazón

Al parecer se ha retrasado la publicación en España hasta el 12 de noviembre de 2019(less)

·  11,623 ratings  ·  1,619 reviews

Start your review of Butterfly in Frost
Sophia Triad
After Gideon Cross, let's meet Garrett Frost!
New book and new alpha male from Sylvia Day, August 2019.

5 “wait for the twist!” stars

“You’re broken. I’m broken. We don’t throw the pieces away. We fit them together until they make something new.”

I always appreciate a good twist and this book has been such a treat for me. I highly anticipated it and it did not let me down. An unbelievably fulfilling story and an out of the blue ending. A story that leaks desperation and darkness but at the same
Corina
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, sexy
What can I say, the author’s CrossFire novels were some of my favorites 7 years ago. I devoured book 1-3 and thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. That’s now many years ago, but I was still extremely interested and excited to get my hands on her latest release, even if it’s only a novella.

___________________________________

But with 199 pages, it’s a good length novella. Great for in between heavier books, for a sunny afternoon, a few hours of easy reading.

One thing is for sure th
Stanella
Aug 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well. That was interesting--AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY.

Lots of spoilers ahead.

I have lots of opinions, but FUNDAMENTALLY, if you would like to see how narrative choice can really fuck up a book, here you go.

So Teagan is a grieving mother and presumably the first person present narration is a way of capturing how she's just soldiering through moment by moment. Okay, I could see how that might work.

But, having first person present totally undermines the entire plot twist. It literally doesn't make a
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
We don’t talk about next week. We exist only in the now and tomorrow, right here.

I've missed Sylvia Day's writing immensely. So when I saw she has a book coming out, I jumped on it quicker than you can blink. I barely spared the blurb a glimpse, if I'm being perfectly honest here.

I was immediately enraptured in Day's words and the quick paced story line. This is tied in the Crossfire world, and you get come cameos of Eva here. I don't remember much of the series beyond the fir
Sentranced Jem
Aug 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc-2019
It’s the year 2013… I got my first taste of Bared to You. I was hooked with Gideon and Eva story. Crossfire series was one of those series that pushed my limit and gave me a taste of a genre that was completely different. Though I have to say that Fifty Shades of Grey was also one such book.

Fast forward the year 2019…When I found out that Sylvia Day was releasing a book, I wanted it ASAP! Plus, that cover was the completely opposite of the Crossfire series so yes, I was intrigued.

Now I have to b
Geri Reads
Aug 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

This was by far the blandest book I've read this year. I couldn't muster any interest in the two leads and their romance is as exciting as watching paint dry.

ARC provided by Montlake Romance
Jonetta
Teagan Ransom is reinventing herself. She’s a plastic surgeon and former reality TV star now living in Seattle, transplanted from New York. She’s made new friends and is living in a butterfly-roofed house with a view of Puget Sound and working from home developing skin care products. Her tranquil existence is disrupted when her next door neighbors suddenly sell their home to Garrett Frost, a successful photographer. Their attraction is instant but it’s clear that both have some tragedy in their ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Beatrice Masaluñga
Thank you Montlake Romance for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review. 💙

Butterfly in Frost is Sylvia Day's comeback novel. Though it's a short book, I'm excited to see what's in store for her since Crossfire series.

The story is about Dr. Teagan Ransom, a cosmetic surgeon and she's divorced from her husband. Being brokenhearted led her to depression and she isn't ready to fall in love again. When a new guy moves in their neighborhood, it shook Teagan and she never thought she'll find
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Disappointing

Take this review with this grain of salt: I'm a YUGE fan of her Crossfire series so I had high expectations for the first book Day has written since that unforgettable series three years ago. Maybe too high.

Almost immediately I found the the similarities between this narrative and even these characters eerily similar to Eva and Gideon. Too similar.

• Both have mental health issues.
• Garrett is über possessive and comes on like a freight train just like Gideon. Also, both names start
Anne
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just saw that this book is supposed to be published in August this year.
Since I was drinking coffee when I read that, I literally snorted said coffee all over my computer screen 😂
This has to be a joke, right?

I have previously enjoyed reading some of miss Days books, but she will hardly go down in history as a reliable author.
Her first book in the Blacklist Series; So Close was originally scheduled to be published in 2017 and it has yet to actually see the light of day.
Seriously; a 2,5 year d
Syndi
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nope. I do not like this book at all. Its very confusing. And the twist at the end, its very bizzare. Thankfully this book is short.

The twist is suppose to heighten the climax/ mystery. But to m its very confusing and turns off. The sex scenes are mediocore.

2 stars
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I find it difficult to do spoilers free reviews but this one is definitely better when one goes in blind, the plot twist was well done with hints of the situation only coming out in the late half of the book. My problem is that for all that it was sexy, emotional and interesting it felt like half of a book! So much of the story was left hanging I wanted to scream! Seriously I love you, I've always loved you ........and that's it???? I want to know how??? I want to know why???? I wanted to Know t ...more
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
As a fan of the Crossfire series that was written by the same author, I was really anticipating this novel. That anticipation did somewhat decrease when I heard about the length of this novel (or novella) but I still had some hope.

Well. That hope was lost. Quickly.

I spent the majority of the time while reading this book thinking, 'what the heck am I reading'. I have to tread carefully to avoid spoilers but this story was very odd and uncomfortable to read. I will say that the ending (and expla
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

Sylvia Day. Back after years of ... whatever she was doing or going through. And I'm so happy she's back! I LOVED the Crossfire series! And I loved this one. First of all ... the cover! Isn't it pretty????
I'm not really sure where butterflys are to be found in the book, but pffft - it's so pretty! And Frost is obviously our hero's last name!
OK ... I have SO much to say about the story. But I will have to put most of it in a spoiler thingy! And please don't read my spoiler before reading the book
Jacqueline
Bizarre twist

This started so well but got crazier. I wondered few times if I'd accidentally skipped forward a few pages because the story seemed to move faster than I was seeing. While the tension and the smut were fab, I'd actually forgotten how irritating all of the navel gazing and talk of therapy is in her books. That was the thing that I really disliked about the Crossfire series and unfortunately it's a recurring and annoyingly frequent theme in this too, despite it's short novella length.
Zoe
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Quick, fervent, and surprising!

Butterfly in Frost is an emotionally-charged, erotic novella that takes you on a journey into the life of Teagan Ransom, a fragile, hesitant, plastic surgeon who finds herself inadvertently in the crosshairs of her sexy, secretive, new neighbour, Garrett Frost whose determined to sweep her off her feet.

The prose is seductive and tight. The characters are wounded, lonely, and hopeful. And the plot is a dramatic tale with a sliver of mystery that’s full of
Kayla Brunson
When I saw that Slyvia Day was releasing something new I was quite intrigued. How could I not be? I adored the Crossfire series when I read it a few years ago. However, while this book started off great for me it didn’t stay that way.

At first, I didn’t understand seeing all of the 3 star reviews for this book. After reading it, I can see how people could have all of these mixed feelings about it. I don’t even know how to express why I feel the way I do because that would be spoiling the book. A
Lu Bielefeld
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
===========
I read the book to the end to see if anything would happen, but nothing happened. It was very boring.
She remained celibate and drowned in depression; he gave up their marriage very easily. It is not clear whether he was celibate or not. That blonde with him at first helping him move home leaves us in doubt.
The story is full of holes and leaves us not really knowing what happened and when it happened. So much that went unanswered that frustrated me with reading.
I was disappo
Three Chicks
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I wanted so badly to like this book. After all it's by the woman who created Gideon Cross. But it just went down too many paths and lost it's way.

The main character, Teagan, is a plastic surgeon who is working on a beauty product for a famous company. If she mentioned the word ECRA+ one more time...I really started to wonder if the product truly existed and the author was somehow connected to it.

She has some kind of tragedy in her recent past, but it's murky and mysterious.
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: August 27, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance

I am a big fan of Sylvia's novels so when I saw that she was writing a new book I got super excited! While I personally prefer the Crossfire series (Gideon is the ultimate book boyfriend) I thought this one was really good. It's tender, irresistible, and heartbreaking. Sylvia knows how to write characters with flaws and the brings them to life as realistic people. This is no different with these characters. I am thrilled to share that S
Ari
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

SYLVIA DAY IS BACK!

description

As a huge fan of Sylvia Day’s Crossfire series, I was over the moon to hear that she was finally releasing a new book. It’s been years since I’ve read a book by Day and I was low key starting to get anxious that maybe we weren’t going to get another book at all but I’m happy to say that I was wrong and I couldn’t wait to dive into Butterfly in Frost to see what it was all about.

Afte
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Sep 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: damaged-heroine, dnf
I DNF this.

From the get go, it felt choppy and bizarre. The logic of the Hero and heroine's actions right from the get go made no sense. I felt some sort of super reveal coming but the beginning just didn't hold my interest enough to make me want to go there.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
This was such a joyful surprise, having been a fan of Sylvia Day since I first discovered her over 5 years ago with Gideon, I was absolutely over the moon to get an ARC.

Butterfly is Frost is an insta-sexy and captivating read that threw me for a loop. It's heart racing, surprising, and at times, stunningly heartbreaking. I want more.

~Tanja

*ARC via publisher

TwitterFacebookPinterestBookBabblersInstagram
Maree Repa
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Secrets

I was absolutely thrilled to enjoy this most wonderful, spiritual and heartbreaking. I completely loved t the entire Crossfire series so much. Written by my most favourite writers, Sylvia Day. I simply loved and enjoyed this magnificent and phenomenal novel!!

It was very early that morning when her closest friend, Roxanne came to visit with her two noisy dogs. She now had been away for nearly a month now. As they both sat down and cuddled the dogs. Her friend Roxy kept
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Unbelievable. With an ending that I never saw coming, Butterfly in Frost was an engrossing and engaging novella. Garrett and Teagan were explosive together.

You could feel the energy between them from the moment they ran into each other. Both were battling a past that was haunting them but Garrett knew that they had it in them to fight for what could be the best thing that ever happened to them both. Teagan was afraid to let Garrett in but knew that he was determined to show her just how much th
Bookread2day
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review of Butterfly In Frost is on my website. www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

Butterfly in Frost introduces readers to Sylvia Day’s newest characters. Dr. Teagan Ransom and artist Garrett Frost, as they embark on a passionate journey to find redemption, hope, and ultimately, each other.

My favourite character was gossip Roxanne

Foxy is fascinated by celebrity, glamorous and filthy rich couple Gideon and Eva Cross. Foxy can’t keep a secret beyond five minutes, she wants all the gossip about Gideo
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Teagan has been slowly settling into her new life, far away from NY city. After living in the spotlight of her own reality tv show for so long, living somewhere where she is relatively unknown is a welcome reprieve. She has made friends with her new neighbours and is just getting on with life,. One day at a time.

When a new neighbour moves in next door she is pleasantly surprised to see it is a man, a very gorgeous man at that. After their initial first impression does not go well, they agree to

• Leave Me Breathless
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Perfect Chaos
  • Dirty Letters
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
  • Dirty Rich Secrets: Part Two (Dirty Rich Secrets, #2)
  • Artful Lies (Hunt Legacy Duology, #1)
  • Tell Me to Stop
  • Broken With You (Stark Security, #2)
  • Always With You (The Connor Family #6)
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Uncovered (The Untangled #3)
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • Indulge Me (Stark Ever After #6.3)
  • Ruthless
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com ...more