Start by marking “The Wishing Cradle” as Want to Read:
The Wishing Cradle

The Wishing Cradle

This is a revised second edition after receiving my rights back.

After the devastating loss of another pregnancy caused by Greenberg family abuse, Sophie can’t take it anymore. She walks away from her marriage to Seth Greenberg and his rich family with the help of some new friends.
Looking to return to her simple way of life, she throws a dart at a map and decides to move
Published April 25th 2019 by DWC BOOKS

To ask other readers questions about The Wishing Cradle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wishing Cradle

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Wow, this book was utterly amazing. My heart went from being broken to hopeful while reading this story. As a woman that has suffered multiple miscarriages including a late one at 18 weeks this story tugged at my soul and broke my heart but it beautifully put the pieces back together again.
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Deanne Patterson
After an abusive marriage that caused miscarriages Sophie is ready for a fresh start. Throwing a dart at a map she goes where it lands, a small Pennsylvania town. Reconnecting with a previous best friend from school they renew their friendship. With money from her divorce settlement she buys a house for herself and opens a profitable business. She is obsessed with having a child especially after her last miscarriage. The book was emotional, so get the tissues ready. The romance aspect of the boo ...more
Wulfwyn
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely story! I’m delighted that I came across this book. It has wonderful characters along with plenty of drama and romance. It started off with domestic violence and I wasn’t certain I was ready for that. But Sophie had me hooked and the story flowed easily. The domestic violence did cause me a few twitches as I remembered my own experiences while pregnant with my oldest daughter. But the author didn’t get too graphic or violent though there were consequences. I like that she kept it re ...more
Ann
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story. Even though it was a little unrealistic it had a wonderful Christian outlook and some special Christmas miracles. Sophie and her friend Sue are both victims of domestic violence and when Sophie wins a huge settlement in her divorce case they both decide to start over in Holly Berry Ridge. Sophie has some personal issues to work through but with help of her new friends and neighbors she becomes a new woman who can accept herself and what God has given her.
CAROL VANATTA
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I WISHED 3TIMES

and G-D answered my prayers each time with a baby that needed a forever mommy.
Five wonderful wishes later I had two natural and three adopted children.
One of my daughters took almost two days to finally decide the world and I had waited long enough and
arrived on DECEMBER 22 AND CAME HOME IN A HANDMADE 36" LONG STOCKING.
JUST REMEMBER WISHES TRULY DO COME TRUE.
THIS IS A PERFECT COZY FOR THIS OR ANY SEASON.
Barb
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my honest opinion of it. I really enjoyed the beginning of the book but soon got bored with Sophie and her obsession with wanting a baby.
Dawn
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Sophie is in an abusive marriage and has suffered physically and emotionally at the hands of her husband and his wealthy family. He husband and mother-in-law simply want her to have a child, preferably a son, but her husband’s abuse has resulted in several miscarriages.
An unexpected opportunity arises that enable Sophie to start over again. She makes contact with an old friend and the two of them make their way to the small town of Berry Ridge. Sophie opens a new business and slowly begins to r
Kathy
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sophie endured a disastrous marriage, which brought abuse by her husband and his overbearing, class obsessed mother, along with a series of miscarriages that left Sophie, who really wanted a child, devastated. Finally, Sophie, with the help of another well-to-do family who recognized her tragic circumstances, escaped and moved on to a new life in a small town, Holly Berry Ridge. There she opened an antiques store, while also sharing space with townsfolk who had items they wished to sell to the t ...more
Deana Dick
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is now at the top of my favorite books for 2017. The author has talent that surpasses many famous well known authors with her details, and inspiring story. There was no way I could put the book down until I finished it. It has everything that makes a book a best seller. The characters are relatable and the storyline is emotional and intriguing. If you haven’t read one of the author’s books yet, I encourage you to grab them all. I recommended you start with this Christmas story that wil ...more
Melanie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I immediately fell in love with Sophie in this story and wanted her to come out on the winning end of everything. Sophie when we meet her had been living the life of luxury, except things are not always what they seem and as people say the grass is not always greener on the other side. Sophie is trying to figure out how she is going to get away from her abusive husband and horrible mother in law when things take a turn for the worst and Sophie doesn't have to worry about that anymore. When Sophi ...more
Lisa Millett
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Christmas Story

The Wishing Cradle is a beautifully written story that is timeless and will be enjoyed for many years to come. Sophie is married to a wealthy man who is cruel and abusive causing her to have had three miscarriages. She is afraid at first to leave knowing that she has nothing on her own and that she won't be able to survive. Things come to a head on Thanksgiving when her husband throws a once again pregnant Sophie to the ground causing her to miscarry for the fourth time.
Yannie Sorensen
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book doesn't only use all five sense but ALL the feelings as well; from despair to hope, from loss to gain, from misery to complete joy the reader experiences it all with Sophie. The very first sentence grabs, hooks, and doesn't release. Not even once the book is over! (Personally I've read it twice already!) Everything wraps up cleanly and well by the end, but that doesn't mean the characters are done whispering to the audience. It feels as though one can't get to the ending fast enough, b ...more
Margaret Appel
Shelves: favorites
Emotionally Charged

The Wishing Cradle follows Sophie, a young woman who marries into a rich family. After suffering several miscarriages, being beaten by her abusive husband, verbally abused by his family as a "nobody", Sophie gets help in escaping her situation.

After obtaining a divorce, she moves with her best friend to a small town, where she opens a consignment shop, while her friend takes over a bed and breakfast. Still reeling from the pain of her miscarriages, Sophie desperately wishes n
Jeannie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful, emotional engrossing book. I purchased it yesterday and finished it last night. I absolutely could not put it down. The storyline grabs you from the beginning and holds you there. The characters are easy to root for. The main character Sophie is so real, you feel her vulnerability and hurt. It is a story of despair and longing, hope, and in the end love. This author is headed for the best sellers list. Her descriptive writing style and her ability to make her characters jump of ...more
rhonda grant
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect much was I wrong

I thought this was going to be a little light reading, not expecting a whole lot from it. Not was I wrong. Sometimes you gain a lot of insight and perspective in a so called simple little book. Sophie had so much fear inside her, she really wanted someone she could love and would love her back but she lacked faith and trust. Parker had been hurt by the 2 most important women in his life and it all came down to money. And then there is Riley, the toddler who saved
Anne G. Kasaba
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievably wonderful story of pain, friendship, hope, and love. Would you have the strength to endure years of abuse, both physical and verbal? Would you be able to pick up and move to a town you’d never heard of before threw a dart at a map? Would you have the generosity to set up a friend in business and pay for a child’s school? Would you’ve able to let go of a dream you’ve had for years in order to not loss the man you love?

Heart warming and beautifully written. Characters you want to yell
Teri
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars is not enough for this book. I knew I was going to have a hard time reading it because I lost a baby but it was such a good book.

After suffering miscarriages, heartache and horrible marriage and in-laws Sophie finally breaks free and her and Sue her friend from the past head out on a new adventure. They hope to find great jobs, homes and maybe men to start a family with. Things get crazy for Sophie but she really hopes things work out in the end.
Laurie Pinnell
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Very Compelling Story

I literally couldn't put the book down.I read it in two days. I think everyone should read this book. It out so many things into perspective while you can't wait to see what happens next. There are probably more "wishing cradles" out there than we realize. This is a wonderful book and Ms. Clancy has penned a winner that should in my mind become a classic!
Laurie
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored this beautiful story. It has love, mystery, family and faith.
There were times when I anxiously waited to make sure the character's were ok. I loved Sophie and Riley from the first page and as the chapters moved on, learned to love Parker as well.
It's a novel you will enjoy over and over and especially at Christmas!
Mrs. Gayla D. Turner
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a wonderful story.

Initially, I thought that the book was a Christmas story, but it was so much more. There was horror, suspense, jealousy, intrigue and a happy ending. The characters were believable, interesting and at times, vulnerable and stubborn. I couldn't stop reading! I had to get to the end.
Carol
Grab some tissues!

I am in awe of Donna Walo Clancy's talent. This book is amazing and destined to be a bestseller! I fell in love with the characters, the storyline, and just everything about this book. I laughed, I cried and I felt love reading this book. Quite simply, this is the best book I've read all year. Thank you Donna Walo Clancy!
Karen
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Book!

I loved this book and would give it ten stars,if possible! A very touching,emotional,and loving story. Characters you will fall in love with,and a small town,you will want to live in. I couldn't put the book down. Highly recommend it!
Bernie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wishing Cradle is a beautifully written Christmas story written by author Donna Walo Clancy. It's an emotional book with wonderful characters. Thanks to NetGalley and Summer Prescott Books for the advance copy.
Sharon Thrasher
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Crying Book

And so yes I cried. It was a wonderful book, written from the heart. I do not know how these wonderful writers do it. This book had everything in it. Love, hate, meanness and mystery. It deserves more stars than I am allowed to give.
Denise
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get your tissues ready!

This is the first book I have read from this author, and it won't be the last! This book had me from the beginning and never turned me loose! It is heartwarming, endearing and magical! Tissues will be needed, trust me! Thanks Donna Clancy, this was amazing!
Shannon Binegar-Foster
You will need your Kleenex for this one.

WOW. I just can't find the words to express how much I LOVED this book. I don't think a book has touched me so deeply in a very long time. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I hope to read many more by Donna.
Rose
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I loved this cute story. It was sad and exciting at the same time. Keep writing your books. They are very good read.
Suzanne Homeier-poe
Awesome story.

I just loved this story. I would love to see more beautiful and uplifting story as this one was. I loved the people in the story. Riley was my favorite. Thank you.
Kathryn Garner
An enjoyable fairly light romance, a little bit of mystery and some soul searching.
Donna L. Walo-Clancy was born in 1959. She now resides on Cape Cod. Single, with three grown children, she enjoys walking the beaches, photography and day trips exploring new places with her kids. An avid concert goer, she has been known to hop in a car and follow a band up and down the east coast.