Start by marking “The Demon You Trust (Magical Elite #1)” as Want to Read:
The Demon You Trust (Magical Elite #1)

The Demon You Trust (Magical Elite #1)

If Ellie Locke dies, so does her sister, so when Ellie is murdered by a water god, it's a no-brainer to cheat death by accepting a deal from a stranger with the power to freeze time…until she discovers he has just set her up as a target for sociopathic serial killer with excellent magical skills.

Her only chance to survive her new job as an agent in a magical crime-fighting
ebook
Published May 14th 2019 by Authenticity Playground, LLC (first published May 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Demon You Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon You Trust

Start your review of The Demon You Trust (Magical Elite #1)
Penny
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this novella, and I love being back in this author’s fun worlds. Ellie, Jack, and Tomas were such interesting characters, and this peak into their world just leaves me wanting more. Yes, this was a novella and there wasn’t much time to dip into this world to a large degree. However, this author’s great storytelling made me feel so much for the characters that I want to learn even more. I especially want to learn more about Tomas as we didn’t see him as much. This was a fun ...more
Judi S.
(SORT OF SPOILERS INCLUDED! NOT FULL STORY GIVEAWAYS, BUT SOME OF THE STORY...)

S.A.Bayne, or better known as Stephanie Rowe, has been one busy lady. And here, in a book that took her over 10 years to write because so many other things came first, she has finally released the tale that rattled around in her head for so long. And what a tale it is turning out to be!

Meet Ellie and Jack, two of the most unlikely heroes you could ever imagine. One a girl with no magic on a quest to find her missing
Kari
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not remember when I have been more thoroughly entertained by a book! I loved the concept and the characters are so well developed that they leap off the page. Ellie and Jack are absolutely brillant creations and I am madly in love with the possibilities for these two characters. Witty, tongue in cheek with a side of danger, this book is impossible to put down.
This is going to be a crazy good series and if the first book is any indication, its going to be one of my favorites.
I received ARC
Cynthia
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can't go wrong reading a S. A. Bayne book. She is great with the paranormal genre. A great start to a new series, it is short and easy to read. Tomas has chosen Ellie (witch with no powers) & Jack (half demon), giving them a second chance if they join the Magical Elite, a magical crime fighting organization. Ellie is running from assassins hired by her parents and Jack is working to keep his demon contained. Working together will they be able to defeat the Trick that is chasing them? ...more
Kristy Odom
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so intrigued by the first couple of chapters of this book. I LOVED it! This one just gave me a taste of the storyline, and I’m hooked! I can’t wait to read more!

Tomas asks Jack and Ellie to sign on for a mission that no one has survived. It seems like a lose/lose no matter how you looked at it. I was holding my breath. The more I learned the more I wanted to know what happens next! Of course, I want them to WIN. Seriously... I can’t wait to see how it unfolds!

and those super secret bonus
Laura Cozicar
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The quirky style and the unusual characters are a breath of fresh air in a world of the same old same old. Unlikely heroes, nonmagical members of a magical elite? The chemistry between the characters works and their motivation is complex. The sarcastic quips and banter help the story flow from the pages. Can’t wait to see what is next for our unlikely duo.
Sara Chandler
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the beginning of a new series Magical Elite. Great start and I’m really looking forward to continue reading more.
Judi S.
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(SORT OF SPOILERS INCLUDED! NOT FULL STORY GIVEAWAYS, BUT SOME OF THE STORY...)

Peggy
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy when I found out that S.A Bayne or as I knew her (Stephanie Rowe) was one of my all time faves come back to writing it made my day and to find out that she is doing more books I had to jump on that band wagon . I am so glad I did she is on a roll.
Here we find her playing with half demons and pissed off demigod Parents who are trying to kill their daughter and all she wants to do is find her missing sister .You see I love this book for many reasons it made me smile it had that I
Tyne Rieck
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always go into shorter books like this skeptically. Many authors seem to use them as a way to burn through a romance they didn't have an original idea about or characters they didn't like - and as a reader, I can always tell. Or the author expects you to believe some super condensed crap.

The Demon You Trust busts all those and is all kinds of book badness. In a good way! This book is the perfect intro to a series; a delicious balance of setting up long-term world building, mysteries, and
Kristi Gladden
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madeline
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
S.A. Bayne blasts through expectations which A Demon You Trust!

The beginning of an epic new series, the suspense, romance and supernatural-ness-ness-ness (not a word, but totally should be) with Ellie and Jack as the heroes.

Super unlikely, you are rooting for them from the very beginning! Ellie is devoted to her sister to the point where she takes a chance to cheat death to save her. Jack, the hunky demon, has a totally adorable daughter and is a single parent after his wife's death. The
Keryn
Great fun!

Ellie is the demi God daughter of two beings out to kill her. On the run for her life and desperate to find her beloved missing sister, she really wished she still has powers. Sadly her parents took them from her. So begins this story. Ending up inn a bar looking for something she somehow gets stuck in the midst of a fight for claiming her by two strangers. Who the heck should she trust? What was the best way NOT to die and manage to find her sister? And so she sides with Thomas the
Eva Millien
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie Locke & a deliciously sexy half-demon have one thing in common… they both have one thing to live. When death comes for them, they accept a deal in order to cheat death. Smoke, shadows, a hostile demon day from the beyond and highly paid assassins sent by loving parents makes things for a little complicated for the new partners.

This new series starts off with a fast paced and energetic read that introduces a promising new world. The characters are strong, vivid and easily grab readers’
Sylvia Robson
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take one daughter of 2 Demigods who has no magical power and a half demon widower trying to protect his daughter throw in a Crime fighting organisation headed up by Thomas Van Helsing who makes them an offer they cannot refuse to join the organisation as crime fighters.. and you have the start of a great new series from Stephanie a long time coming but well worth it... Ellie is trying to escape the assassins that her parents have sent after her to kill her !! And try and find her sister to ...more
K.  Ramjohn
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. The Demon you Trust was a quick easy read that will have you entertained from start to finish. I could not put it down. I loved Ellie and Jack. These characters were witty, unusual and so well-developed and their banter just made the story for me. Although a novella, the plot was well-crafted with mystery and great world building. It was intense and fast paced with twists and turns to keep you guessing.
This was a great introduction to this series and I can't
Denise Van plew
Since I do adore a good mystery this one was a double plus because it also was set in a favorite paranormal. I do like also the humor that is found through this to make for a read that is hard to get away from when life calls you back. Ellie knows how to ensnare us with her partner Jack and the fast pace this one takes. Jack is filled with yummy thanks to Ellie's fantasies at times even though they both seem to be in a race at times. You do find out why you can trust him. You do not get enough ...more
Stacey
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was completely engaged from the first page to the last page and didn’t want to put the story down. The characters are endearing, and their chemistry is palpable. The Demon You Trust is a fantastic start to a new series. S.A. Bayne gave us a complete story to begin with, but so many unanswered questions that we will want to come back for more. There is so much more to learn about Ellie and Jack. I look forward to the next adventures of the Magical Elite team!

If you like hard-hitting action with
Michalle
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very first page the story grabbed you and took you on a wild ride. It was high intensity through out. Ellie and Jack weren't what I would consider heros in the beginning, but they sure ended up that way. These two were paired up to fight supernatural criminals with no training or any real weapons. What Ellie ended up weapon wise was hilarious. This unique duo were great characters and I can't wait to see what happens next. I loved this book and if you don't read this one, you'll be ...more
Krystal Reid
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a short read for sure! Maybe even considered a Novella, but it is still action packed, funny, and pure joy to read. Ellie and Jack make a split second decision to join a team of “super heroes” both figuring that it must be better than what they are currently facing and at least they will still be alive to keep their families alive. Little do they know that they are about to be sent to battle with a piece of sandpaper as their only weapon.
S.A. Bayne has a knack for making her
Kim
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was not sure for a little where the story was going. I was hooked right away into Ellie's plight. However, the ending scene of Ellie's choice felt a little confusing for me. And then it quickly changed the scene to Jack's situation. I think my unease in the story came with Thomas. Not really getting a feel for liking him or understanding him better. Once I got rolling, the story was great. The were only a couple of areas that slowed me down. I certainly did not expect the ending twists. I am ...more
Cindy Abbott
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cindy Rivera
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love her books. One of my favorite authors. She never disappoints. The Demon You Trust is an awesome read. This book has a little bit of everything from humor, action, family love, and suspense. Ellie and Jack have one thing in common. They want to keep their special someone (sister/daughter) safe. Ellie does not have any supernatural powers and Jack wants to keep his demon side hidden. How will these two keep the people they love safe? Ellie and Jack become part of Tomas Van Helsing team. ...more
Stephany Ezard
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first book in the new series - Magical Elite Series is a very interesting read. Even though it is not a long read S.A. Bayne has given us a story that is well developped if not a little quirky and you can`t help yourself but to continue reading to find out the ending.

I would recommend this series if you are looking for something a little different amongst the same oh, same oh.....I can`t wait to read read the next book of the series.

I voluntarily read an reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of
Jackie
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was such a quick, fun read that it was over before I realized it, and I was definitely left wanting more. Bayne (Rowe) creates a wonderful world which sucks you in and makes the protagonists' battles easily relatable...even if you don't have your own magical abilities! I can't wait to see if this Magical Elite team recruits more individuals to their fighting force.

*ARC provided for honest review*
Sarah Harris
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as novellas go, I like it! I love love looooove the Stephanie Rowe writing style and I was really happy to see it bleeding through into her S.A. Bayne works. The unfortunate drawback to novellas is the lack of time to truly explore the universe within, but I’m really looking forward to what comes next. Tomas, Ellie and Jack are so far so awesome and I totally want to learn more about Dallas and why Claudia employed her. My only question is: when does Magical Elite #2 come out?
Joann
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

No spoilers of any kind included!
This book was absolutely fantastic even though it was a little short.
But it was fast pace and a lot of action that kept me so tightly glue to the story the whole time I was reading it.
I definitely can’t wait for more of the Magical Elite series.
So it’s going to be a big HECK YEAH I most definitely do recommend this book because I thought it was awesome and I think you will too!
Laura Boyd
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride! At first its like HUH, whats going on I am confused. Then who cares you are on a ride you cannot get off until the end. Fun, witty, and original with characters you want to know and embrace.
I was so happy for the bonus peeks because I am so anxious for the next installment. Who knew sandpaper could be so interesting! I received an Advanced Review Copy of The Demon You Trust in exchange for posting a review .
Scarolet Ellis
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Demon You Trust (Magical Elite #1) by S.A. Bayne, Stephanie Rowe is an awesome story that I have read and fell in love with. This is book number one in this awesome start to a brand new series that I am so in love with and can not wait to read the next book. I highly recommend this story to every who loves reading about demons.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
April Mollenkopf
This is the beginning of a brand new series. Meet Elle, a witch with no powers (and assassins after her) and Jack, who is half human half demon, trying to contain his demon half. They are both offered a second chance of sort and accept without knowing the whole story. This story had me giggling out loud as well as kept me interested to the end. It is a quick and fun read and I can’t wait to see where this series goes

• A Real Cowboy Always Trusts His Heart (Wyoming Rebels, #7)
  • Real Men Hunt (Real Men Shift, #7)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • Oops, I Hexed It Again: Magic and Mayhem Universe (Hex Drive Book 2)
  • Wrecked Intel  (Immortal Outcasts #4)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • The Vampire's Cursed Kiss (Shadowvale, #2)
  • Ignite (Dark Kings #15)
  • Breathless With Her (Less Than, #1)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Shadowvale, #1)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • A Turn of Pandemonium (Cirque du Shadow Book 1)
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Queen of Storms (Institute of the Storm Fae #1)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
S.A. Bayne is a freaking gift to the universe, at least according to her dogs, and everyone knows dogs are world-class judges of people. She was taught to play by the rules, but after suffering numerous apoplectic breakdowns, she realized that she had to ditch the rules, figure out her own way to live, and then turn that into high-octane, irreverent, unpredictable-as-hell, supernatural fiction ...more