Start by marking “Dog Man 1: Die Abenteuer von Dog Man” as Want to Read:
Dog Man 1: Die Abenteuer von Dog Man

Dog Man 1: Die Abenteuer von Dog Man

(Dog Man #1)

Es gibt einen neuen Superhelden in der Stadt. Dog Man ist halb Hund, halb Polizist und voller Tatendrang! Mach dich bereit für Spannung und jede Menge Spaß! - Farbige Illustrationen auf jeder Seite.
Published April 5th 2019 by Wimmelbuchverlag (first published August 30th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dog Man 1, please sign up.
Dan Perhaps the word "attacks" is not the most appropriate word to use in this situation. I was simply pointing out that you have not read the book--- AND…morePerhaps the word "attacks" is not the most appropriate word to use in this situation. I was simply pointing out that you have not read the book--- AND that the book contains no misspellings, as you have implied.

The book you admitted to reading was a 64 page promotional booklet, NOT the actual book. To be clear, none of the material in the promotional booklet you read appears in the actual book. The actual book, which has a different cover, and 240 pages of all new material, doesn't come out for five more months.

This was not an attack --- just a clarification.(less)

Start your review of Dog Man 1: Die Abenteuer von Dog Man
Tisha
Feb 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan of intentional misspelling and bad grammar.
Theresa Grissom
Oh my gosh, this book is HYSTERICAL!! I haven't laughed this hard in a good while. As an elementary librarian, I can see this book being highly popular with 2nd-5th grade. And a sequel in January 2017? Yeah!! This one's a winner Dav Pilkey!
Michelle Kelley
I am a huge fan of Captain Underpants and loved the days I would read them aloud to my son, Tra-La-LA!-ing and fliporama-ing and laughing along the way. So I was super excited for Dog Man, another Pilkey Underpants companion book. While I thought the level of potty humor in the Underpants books I read were just right - enough to appeal to boys but not enough to be completely tasteless, I thought Dog Man just took it too far. I sat through enough pee and poop references without flinching until ...more
Josiah
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fourth-graders George Beard and Harold Hutchins sure know how to tickle the funnybone, don't they? Whether they're creating adventures for Super Diaper Baby, Captain Underpants, or Dog Man, theirs is a sublime mix of intentional and unintentional comedy, superintended by that great funnyman of children's literature, author and illustrator Dav Pilkey. Based on George and Harold's earliest sketches, Dog Man is a unique hero dedicated to stopping evildoers, and chapter one of this book is his ...more
Scott Robins
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gn-kids
The first graphic novel under the Graphix imprint for Dav Pilkey will not disappoint kid readers. In fact, it maintains a lot of the charm and humour from his Capt Underpants series but feels totally new and original. Continues to push boundaries in regards to crass, scatalogical and off-colour humour - I laughed out loud in many parts, which means your kids will be rolling on the floor reading this.
Erica
this book was hilarious. god bless this book. omg. hi. hello. it's me. this book is funny.
Melki
For years now, boys in the 7 to 10 age range have been asking for the Dog Man series. Since that seems to be the age group where the male sex frequently gives up on reading for pleasure, Miss Nancy finally relented, and now we have the first four volumes on our library shelves.

I can definitely see what all the fuss was about.

Unlike the Captain Underpants series, these are full-on graphic novels, full of gross humor, and wacky situations: poop jokes, hot dogs coming to life and plotting mayhem.
Jason
I really appreciate how Pilkey pushes boundaries of good taste here, but in a way that's going to thrill kids and probably annoy adults. The whole premise for Dog Man is a little macabre--a dog gets his head sewed onto a cop's body--but because the whole thing is couched in such silliness, you're not inclined to put that much thought into it. My favorite moment was when two cops high five each other while one of them is holding a pile of crap, and it splatters everywhere. Soooo gross, but if ...more
Aliza Werner
Supa good! Many laugh out loud moments and clever ideas. Kids will gobble this up.
Margie
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, human and non-human. They can be ordinary individuals placed in extraordinary circumstances, the victors in an unexpected challenge. Some heroes have remarkable skills or characteristics unknown to others until a situation demands their use. Heroes can be a part of everyday life or come from the pages of fiction.

For a moment let's agree on two things. Dogs' lives are simply too short. Not all humans use their brain power to its fullest capacity. In the
Mariam
I like it beacause it is funny
Nicola Mansfield
This newest book by Dav Pilkey is a full-colour graphic novel. While wondering about the loose threads left at the end of the last Captain Underpants book George and Harold start searching their house and come upon hundreds of comics they wrote in first and second grade featuring Dog Man. They edit them, making the pictures better and correcting the spelling mistakes (though not all grammar ones) and present to us here three adventures of Dog Man a superhero cop. It's a lot of fun and just what ...more
Ann Latini
SOOO funny...my 8 year old couldn't stop laughing. Perfect for any reluctant or struggling readers. Beware...potty humor ahead.
Sarah Swann
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this for my Materials for Children class. I also read it in about 30 minutes. I thought this was pretty cute. It’s a comic “written by” Harold and George from the Captain Underpants books. The drawings were cute and I liked the flip-o-rama pages. I thought it was creative and can absolutely see why kids would love these books.
Brittany
I didn't enjoy this quite as much as Captain Underpants...and that's a sentence I never thought I'd have to write. I can definitely see the kid-appeal in these books and appreciate the subtle adult humor and pro-reading inclusions.
Leigh Collazo
My 11-year old son loves graphic novels and reads at least one every single day. Even though he sucks them down in less than an hour, I don't have any problem buying them for him because he will read his favorites over and over and over. The Dog Man series is one of those favorites.

So this book is Book #4 in my 14-day Book Blitz. See, I am already really behind in my 2018 Goodreads Challenge of 100 books. I've taken on this challenge with several students and teachers at my school, and my
Stacy Fetters
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy at BEA Chicago!!!
George and Harold are back, alittle older and re-releasing Dog Man!
Officer Knight and Greg the dog get into trouble for breaking in the Chiefs new green couch. Now its warm and covered in dog hair. The Chief freaks out and kicks them to the curb.
Petey the cat is up to something sneaky to take down those two nosy cops. Something goes amiss and those two are rushed to the hospital. Gregs body is going and Knights head is going. A nurse comes up with an inventive
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
I read this comic/graphic novel aloud to my son who thought it was hilarious. Some things were over his head, but for the most part, he was really into the story and was sad to see it end. I thought it was annoying in the same sense that Captain Underpants is, but I get I am not the target audience. This series will be another hit, especially with reluctant readers.
Jaden
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was actually better then I expected. I've never read any of Dav Pilkey's books untill this one and expected it to be pretty cheezy because the title is "Dog Man" but it was actually pretty good.
R.I.P Chief's couch.
Clare Lund
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, funny graphic novel series for ages 7 and up.
Ronda  Tutt
Cute!

My 7 year old grandson is into reading these fantasy books and his reading seems to get better with these types of books. Even though he lets his vision get carried away with speaking what is really written. LoL, I'd just make him look at the sentence and read the word and not the picture. The half dog and half man is cute, its funny because even though he is more man he has more dog traits. LOL. I love the bad guy (the cat). I love how the cat escapes - LOL Hello see saw and big dude to
Joshua
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dogman is the hero this world needs, not the one it deserves. A hero willing to pee on the chief's sofa over, and over, and over again, no matter how many times he's been told not to. Because he knows, he trusts, and he understands that that couch needs to be peed on. For the city, for the country, for the people living in [INSERT CITY NAME HERE BECAUSE I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION] City. Dog Man is the hero of our times.

And he'll always be here when we need him most.
Raina
After many years helping kids find books by Dav Pilkey, I finally read one.

Dog Man was silly, scrawly, goofy, and fun.

I get why kids like his stuff.

Not particularly revelatory or insightful - just good fun.
Emma
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-2018
Wolfie read this almost entirely on his own, so I do suppose I should get him his own Goodreads now. He's requested the next one and especially loved the bit at the end that showed him how to draw "petty" which is what he mistakenly called Petey. ...more
Cathy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not for me, but my first graders sure love it! Whatever gets them excited about reading, works for me!
Seth
My daughter likes this book so much she insisted I read it. So I dutifully did. It on;t took me about 30 minutes and was occasionally hilarious. Emboldened by my favorable review, now she is insisting I read the next book in the series which she says is even better.
Letica
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decided to read this because my 9 year old loves them. Had some pretty funny parts in it that had me giggling
Christina
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More fun from Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants. This brightly colored "comic book" graphic novel is perfect for readers who love Captain Underpants; need I say more? very cute illustrations that are supposed to look like a first grader drew them, with handwritten word bubbles full of scratchouts and misspellings, again like a kid would do. These are supposedly the comics that George and Harold, creators of Captain Underpants in 4th grade, drew when they were in first grade. Love it. ...more
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
So I've always been curious about this children's book and figured when better to check it out than during the Dog Days of Summer readathon. I knew nothing about Dog Man himself and was slightly shocked to find that he was created when a sneaky cat blew up a cop and his dog. The cop's body survived and the dog's head survived so they created Dog Man. And honestly, I don't know what the force would do without him because he is clearly the smartest one in town.

Vol. 1 contains 4 tales of Dog Man
Mary Lee
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you didn't listen to Dav Pilkey's interview on The Yarn, go listen now:

I've been a Dav Pilkey/Captain Underpants fan since the very beginning. This first book in Dav Pilkey's new series is just as fun as Captain Underpants. What I love most are the jokes that no child will ever get. On page 190, in the part where Petey, the evil cat, brings the hotdogs to life, and then, needing more muscle for his weenie army, brings Philly, the cheesesteak mascot to
Rita Billeh review 3 1 1 Sep 27, 2019 11:52PM

• Guide to Creating Comics in 3-D (Dog Man)
  • Stan the Hot Dog Man
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • Press Start! #2: Super Rabbit Boy Powers Up!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • Game Over, Super Rabbit Boy! (Press Start! #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • Super Rabbit Boy vs. Super Rabbit Boss! (Press Start! #4)
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly, #1)
  • Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal
  • Guts
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

Dog Man (8 books)
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)