Start by marking “Grading Curves” as Want to Read:
Grading Curves

Grading Curves

I didn’t know him the night I climbed into his chair and under his tattoo machine. I didn’t know him when he taught me about the kind of pleasure I’d only read about in kinky millionaire romances.

I didn’t know that when I walked into my college classroom the next morning the man who’d inked my skin and dirtied my body would be sitting in front of me.

Dean Shaw is my stu
Published July 21st 2019 (first published April 29th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Grading Curves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grading Curves

Start your review of Grading Curves
Carol
3.5 stars.

Naima Simone's books are always scorchers.
And this short story was no exception, it was smokin HOT.🔥
I really do enjoy her writing style.
However I wish this novella could have been just a little longer as I really would have liked more here, in terms of character development and storyline.
It simply finished way too soon for me!!!!
Otherwise no complaints.💖💚💖
Mindy Lou's Book Review
-Older woman, college professor
-Younger man, student and tattoo artist
Isabella. R
4 Sizzling Stars ⭐️

Grading Curves is a steamy novella that sure packs a lot of heat in a short amount of pages.

When Professor Nikki Barber decides to lose her ‘tattoo virginity’ she didn’t anticipate the bonus orgasm that she received from her devilishly sexy tattooist, Dean.
Whether it’s the high from the ink or just lust these two quickly get down and dirty...

”I’m shaking now, and there’s no way he can’t notice it. Maybe because it’s been at least a year since I’ve been with a man. Maybe it’s
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Woodpecker tattoo' Stars!

Naima Simone has been on my "authors-to-check" list for a while. When I saw she released a teacher/student, older woman/younger man short story, I was all over it! I find novellas the perfect way to see if you can enjoy an author's writing and boy, did I enjoy this one! Nikki and Dean were perfect together and their chemistry was off-the-charts hawt. I cannot wait to check more from this author from now on!
Curlyhairlass19
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Scorching hot stars!

I’m so glad I decided to read this book! It had been on my kindle since last summer, but had gotten lost in the TBR pile shuffle. Naima Simone has gotten on my must read list now, and I must devour all she’s written!

This book hit every spot that I look for to feel in a read like this!

Reverse Age gap—7 years

Black woman. 30 years old. A College Professor. Natural curly hair. Slightly fuller figured.

White man. Tall, filled out, and tattooed. Works in a tattoo shop. Is great
Antonella
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, short
* read me romance podcast

I know this was a novella but still too short for me.
Also, I am not huge fan of older woman younger man kink... But this was my first by this author.
I am interested in more.

I didn't like the narrator. Sadly.
Mara
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was surprised by how much character development was packed into one of these kinds of short, hot novellas. While I think the age difference was over played in the story, overall, this was a good first outing with this author & I would definitely read more from her ...more
Sherilee Gray
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to Grading Curves on the Read Me Romance Podcast, and what a sexy SEXY little beauty this was. I loved it, and loved both the heroine and the hero of this story, which wasn't a surprise since I've loved everything by this author! Highly recommend!
SassafrasfromAmazon
5 solid stars!

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this little gem! It is a novella, but boy does it pack a wallop. This novella is rich with substantive content, something that some full length books fail to achieve.

The story revolves around a teacher and a “tatted up” tattoo artist. Nikki is new to the area and is a teacher at the college. Dean has enrolled in a college business course to satisfy a promise he made to his mother, but he’s really passionate about one day opening his own tattoo shop
Tracy  C
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyable. This is my first Naima Simone. I'm going to read her back list!
Kim
What a wonderful, satisfying and, at times, hot as hell, story. It seriously could've been a five star read for me, but the female narrator had some vocal tendencies that made me really not enjoy listening at times. Particularly when she was voicing Dean. The male narrator, on the other hand, was amazing. Great characters and storyline. Sexy with some feels. Enjoyed it SO MUCH.
Kate
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-me-romance
🎧 Read Me Romance 🎧

My first Naima Simone & I loved the shiz outta it!
Nikki is my fave type of heroine - strong yet soft, sassy but genuine, intelligent and open, contemplative and humorous. Dean is what I term a “ninja alpha” - his strength and innate masculine rawness are stealth, meaning you combust in degrees but there’s no mistaking he’s the cause. Together, Nikki & Dean are freakin’ FIRE!
The characters are multidimensional and real, the writing so fluid you’re drawn in immediately and ther
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
*Work-out listening*

Fast, dirty and a touch of taboo (student-teacher).
Nikki/Nicky/Nikky (so many different ways to type) didn't have it easy with such a hard ass mom. I felt really bad for her! I'm happy to see she got past all her anger and just accepted how she was. I'm a big person for don't take your mom for granted because one day she will be gone. So it's hard to tell something like that, but in this situation...
Dean is a very dirty boy/man who's possessive and a gentle lover at the same
bri ♡
don't think ima rate the short & smutty books I read that don't have much of a plot anymore but this was an okay read. I like professor/student romances and this had a woman professor so that was a nice change. ...more
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***4.5 STARS***
Stacie
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 "You want me to do something about it?" Stars!

This opposites attract/ age gap/ taboo (teacher) love story was straight up sexy. Plus toss in some sweet with a surprising big emotional punch for such a short story and bam! Naima Simone has herself a new fan. My first book by her, but it won't be my last. Very good! Happy reading!
Lauren
Grading Curves is a story that was featured on the read me romance podcast. This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. Grading curves is the first book of Naima Simone’s that I have read but it won’t be the last. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline enjoyable.
Nikki is starting over in a new town after escaping her past and her awful family. Deciding to bite the bullet and get
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This super sexy novella sizzles with tension, from the moment Nikki sets foot into Dean's tattoo shop and he agrees to give her her first ink. What follows is an extremely hot makeout session (plus a little more) that gets unexpectedly interrupted, and when they next see each other, Nikki is Dean's college professor. This erotic romance has some sizzling sex scenes as well as an emotionally moving story line relating to each of their families. Even though it's short, it's still got all the passi ...more
Kisha (BooksAndBeautyMarks)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listened to this on the RMR podcast today and greeeeeeat day! Older woman/younger man trope. College campus. Multicultural; she’s black, he’s white. (I LIVE! I LOVE!) 😭😍 He’s a 23 year old tatted first year college student and she’s a 29 year old newly relocated professor. She went in to the shop to get her first tattoo and SHOOOOT! Went to class the following Monday and guessss who she saw?

I’ve never heard of this author! This was LIT! Hold on to your boots, kids! This one ain’t for the faint
Rosie J.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
A woman trying to rise above the toxic people in her life finds the courage to mark her journey with a meaningful tattoo. The Tattoo Artist is an inked tall sexy drink of water. She's afraid of needles, but what she should be afraid of are the feelings The Artist invokes in her. Sexy. Sizzling. Hot. Pure Fire! I loved it! Highly Recommended: Read It!
Timitra
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Grading Curves is a smoking hot, quick read with an age gap, older woman/younger man that I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend.
Dulcie
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this novella.
Short, dirty and sweet: maybe my most favorite read of Simone’s so far.
Camille
3.55

A nice little read. Too much sex. Sounds weird to say, but a short piece needs a good balance and more story.
Gi's Spot Reviews
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 5 Steam Fans

Sexy, short, sweet, and fun erotic age gap story. Nikki is a professor at a new private college but before she starts that new chapter in her life she want to get a tattoo. As she has apprehensions about getting ink when she enters the tattoo parlor, Dean the super sexy tattoo artist that gets her comfortable and inks Nikki with something meaningful. Nikki and Dean then have an unexpected run in during Nikki's class. I enjoyed that the power dynamic is reversed from the
Resch Reads
May 09, 2019 marked it as dnf
I couldn't make it through the first installment on Read Me Romance, it was horrid. The author was so descriptive I felt the story was never going to actual happen. I was waiting for a description of the dust mots floating in the air, it was that bad. I don't need all these descriptions, it felt like the author busted on the thesaurus and was like, what words shall I use today.

So boring, and the narrators voice wasn't that great either. I didn't want to have to listen to her say another Jeeeee-
Dicina
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nikki is starting her life over in a new city after her mom stole all her money. Her first step in her new life is to get a tattoo. That’s how she ends up under Dean’s tattoo gun. Dean is sex on a stick and obviously out of her league but their attraction is such that they end up in each other’s arms in the tattoo parlor but are interrupted before getting into more than foreplay. Nikki cannot believe she was about to have sex with a stranger, younger than her, in a public space so she runs.
She
Barb
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great novella with an older woman/younger man theme, the woman being a seemingly sweet, straight-laced professor and the man a crazy hot tattoo artist. They during a tattoo session and the sparks fly. Although it starts out pretty fast, the rest is a delicious slow burn to the HEA. Very enjoyable and the read and both the narrators were very good, the male slightly better with that growly, rough timbre to his voice.

I listened to this for free on the Read Me Romance podcast. If you like romance a
Lindsay
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the storyline of this HEA. I thought some of the narration was a bit stunted for the audio book, but if I had read it myself I think it might have been better.
The bad-boy-tattooist is definitely hot, and the taboo relationship is steamy. I love the growth of the characters, together and selfgrowing.
So I DO recommend this romance, but if I were to redo it, I'd read it instead of listen.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)
  • The Duke's Twin: A Regency Short Story
  • Between Us and Forever
  • The Objection
  • Smolder (Guardian Protection, #2.5)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Balls Out
  • A Kiss to Keep
  • The Virgin Roommate (Virgin Marriage, #3)
  • Plumbing the Virgin
  • Keane: Time of my Life
  • Find Her
  • Definitely Kinky
  • Trapping Her
  • American Squire
  • Date Night
  • The Football Pants Chronicles
  • The Midnight Bride (The Dead Lands, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—a ...more