Start by marking “Grading Curves” as Want to Read:
Grading Curves

Grading Curves

I didn’t know him the night I climbed into his chair and under his tattoo machine. I didn’t know him when he taught me about the kind of pleasure I’d only read about in kinky millionaire romances.

I didn’t know that when I walked into my college classroom the next morning the man who’d inked my skin and dirtied my body would be sitting in front of me.

Dean Shaw is my stude
Published July 21st 2019 (first published April 29th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Grading Curves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grading Curves

Carol
3.5 stars.

Naima Simone's books are always scorchers.
And this short story was no exception, it was smokin HOT.🔥
I really do enjoy her writing style.
However I wish this novella could have been just a little longer as I really would have liked more here, in terms of character development and storyline.
It simply finished way too soon for me!!!!
Otherwise no complaints.💖💚💖
Mindy Lou's Book Review
-Older woman, college professor
-Younger man, student and tattoo artist
Isabella.R
4 Sizzling Stars ⭐

Grading Curves is a steamy novella that sure packs a lot of heat in a short amount of pages.

When Professor Nikki Barber decides to lose her ‘tattoo virginity’ she didn’t anticipate the bonus orgasm that she received from her devilishly sexy tattooist, Dean.
Whether it’s the high from the ink or just lust these two quickly get down and dirty...

”I’m shaking now, and there’s no way he can’t notice it. Maybe because it’s been at least a year since I’ve been with a man. Maybe it’s
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Woodpecker tattoo' Stars!

Naima Simone has been on my "authors-to-check" list for a while. When I saw she released a teacher/student, older woman/younger man short story, I was all over it! I find novellas the perfect way to see if you can enjoy an author's writing and boy, did I enjoy this one! Nikki and Dean were perfect together and their chemistry was off-the-charts hawt. I cannot wait to check more from this author from now on!
Sherilee Gray
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to Grading Curves on the Read Me Romance Podcast, and what a sexy SEXY little beauty this was. I loved it, and loved both the heroine and the hero of this story, which wasn't a surprise since I've loved everything by this author! Highly recommend!
Tracy  C
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyable. This is my first Naima Simone. I'm going to read her back list!
Kate Hastings
🎧 Read Me Romance 🎧

My first Naima Simone & I loved the shiz outta it!
Nikki is my fave type of heroine - strong yet soft, sassy but genuine, intelligent and open, contemplative and humorous. Dean is what I term a “ninja alpha” - his strength and innate masculine rawness are stealth, meaning you combust in degrees but there’s no mistaking he’s the cause. Together, Nikki & Dean are freakin’ FIRE!
The characters are multidimensional and real, the writing so fluid you’re drawn in immediately
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
*Work-out listening*

Fast, dirty and a touch of taboo (student-teacher).
Nikki/Nicky/Nikky (so many different ways to type) didn't have it easy with such a hard ass mom. I felt really bad for her! I'm happy to see she got past all her anger and just accepted how she was. I'm a big person for don't take your mom for granted because one day she will be gone. So it's hard to tell something like that, but in this situation...
Dean is a very dirty boy/man who's possessive and a gentle lover at the same
Lauren
Grading Curves is a story that was featured on the read me romance podcast. This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. Grading curves is the first book of Naima Simone’s that I have read but it won’t be the last. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline enjoyable.
Nikki is starting over in a new town after escaping her past and her awful family. Deciding to bite the bullet and get
Kisha (BooksBlush&BlackHair)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listened to this on the RMR podcast today and greeeeeeat day! Older woman/younger man trope. College campus. Multicultural; she’s black, he’s white. (I LIVE! I LOVE!) 😭😍 He’s a 23 year old tatted first year college student and she’s a 29 year old newly relocated professor. She went in to the shop to get her first tattoo and SHOOOOT! Went to class the following Monday and guessss who she saw?

I’ve never heard of this author! This was LIT! Hold on to your boots, kids! This one ain’t for the faint
Rosie J.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
A woman trying to rise above the toxic people in her life finds the courage to mark her journey with a meaningful tattoo. The Tattoo Artist is an inked tall sexy drink of water. She's afraid of needles, but what she should be afraid of are the feelings The Artist invokes in her. Sexy. Sizzling. Hot. Pure Fire! I loved it! Highly Recommended: Read It!
Timitra
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Grading Curves is a smoking hot, quick read with an age gap, older woman/younger man that I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend.
Gi's Spot Reviews
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Resch Reads
May 09, 2019 marked it as dnf
I couldn't make it through the first installment on Read Me Romance, it was horrid. The author was so descriptive I felt the story was never going to actual happen. I was waiting for a description of the dust mots floating in the air, it was that bad. I don't need all these descriptions, it felt like the author busted on the thesaurus and was like, what words shall I use today.

So boring, and the narrators voice wasn't that great either. I didn't want to have to listen to her say another Jeeeee-
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 5 Steam Fans

Sexy, short, sweet, and fun erotic age gap story. Nikki is a professor at a new private college but before she starts that new chapter in her life she want to get a tattoo. As she has apprehensions about getting ink when she enters the tattoo parlor, Dean the super sexy tattoo artist that gets her comfortable and inks Nikki with something meaningful. Nikki and Dean then have an unexpected run in during Nikki's class. I enjoyed that the power dynamic is reversed from the
Barb
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great novella with an older woman/younger man theme, the woman being a seemingly sweet, straight-laced professor and the man a crazy hot tattoo artist. They during a tattoo session and the sparks fly. Although it starts out pretty fast, the rest is a delicious slow burn to the HEA. Very enjoyable and the read and both the narrators were very good, the male slightly better with that growly, rough timbre to his voice.

I listened to this for free on the Read Me Romance podcast. If you like romance a
Lindsay
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the storyline of this HEA. I thought some of the narration was a bit stunted for the audio book, but if I had read it myself I think it might have been better.
The bad-boy-tattooist is definitely hot, and the taboo relationship is steamy. I love the growth of the characters, together and selfgrowing.
So I DO recommend this romance, but if I were to redo it, I'd read it instead of listen.
b.andherbooks
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well. That was entirely satisfying and quite steamy. I mean, it is Naima Simone, so really 'nuff said. I adore this quick romance of an almost 40yo Professor getting her happy with a hot young tattoo artist, who just ope, happened to be one her students. I also was totally fine with the way this power imbalance was handled and you can read this for free on KU.
Carissa

Google Play ➝ http://geni.us/7lB4UBK
Stitcher ➝ https://bit.ly/2yX2zeH
Kelly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Listened on the Read Me Romance Podcast! The heroine was a hoot & the hero swoon-worthy!
Janita
Grading Curves is probably the first four star read via Read Me Romance since like Halfway Girl back in February. I don't think I have read Teacher/ Student book before (unless you count in wattpad) and I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this one.

I love how there was a mention of Hellmouth in the first few seconds after Grading Curves started.

Hero and heroine are both great. Neither annoyed me with their behavior. Nikki, who has a fear of needles, decides to get a tattoo and she meets Dean. I lo
Christie
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to this novella on the Read Me Romance podcast. I know I've said this before, but to date, this is the best RMR book I've listened to so far. I love a teacher/student romance and although I'm not usually into older woman/younger man, I really enjoyed listening to this.

The main reason I liked this was because the writing was just brilliant. The level of detail and description in each scene was phenomenal and worked so well for audio. The chemistry between Dean and Nikki was really inte
Erika Vincent
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked the story and how the author didn’t make, age or race a big deal. I liked how Nikki was brave and firm and dealt with her mother and her brother. Too often in bwwm books we get the forgiveness spiel no matter how toxic the parents are. This seems a lot more realistic and brave to me. I liked how mature Dean was and how he found the perfect solution for them to stay together and him receive the education he really needed. The only reason I didn’t give the 5 star is because I’m a
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5 stars. Quickie review - This was another audiobook I listened to on the Read Me Romance podcast. Grading Curves features an older, more on the conservative side heroine who is a college professor. She goes in for a tattoo and ends up hooking up with the hot, younger tattoo artist. Imagine her surprise on the first day of school when the tattoo artist turns out to be her student. I liked the narrators in this book. I also liked that it was pretty quick, fast paced and the angst is not drawn o ...more
Becky
I've read other books from Naima Simone that I like so much more--this one was okay, but I wouldn't read it again, and I don't think it would inspire me to read others if this had been my first. The conflict was resolved well, but the way they went from I'm-here-for-a-tatoo to NSFW in the beginning was more than a little offputting. Maybe I'm just too old, but aren't those places supposed to be overly concerned with hygiene...? Actually, come to think of it I probably would have liked it a lot m ...more
If I had the tech savvy, I would open this review with a gif of someone squealing and clapping and bouncing in her chair. Because that is how I feel about Grading Curves. But I don't know how to do that.

How did I get this far into my tenure as a prodigious reader of quality smut without reading Naima Simone? Her words are magical! They are also powerful and elegant, and at times humorous and d*mn sexy. In 100 pages, Simone fleshes out two characters, both beautiful and flawed, and connects them
Chelsea
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
🎙Listened to this story on the Read me Romance podcast🎙

So... Overall the story was ok. Older woman/younger man (both with personal family issues).

My issues were:

1. The narrator for Nicki, her voice was so annoying it made me not want to listen but I forced myself to keep going. It did not get better.

2. The Author just goes into way too much detail for things that are not that important which drags out the story.

The base story was decent and the sex was hot but the other things were just too o
Melanie Milburn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and Heated

Nikki has been through a lot but she’s starting a new chapter in her life, and she’s marking it with her first ever tattoo. She ends up with so much more! Dean sees the beautiful woman in the shop and jumps to be her tattoo artist. There’s something about her that calls to him and he sees that she’s similarly affected. One thing leads to another and...they’re both in for the surprise of their lives the next morning. Lots of heat and lovely moments in between Dean and Nikki make t
Patty
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short, taboo and sexy, this audiobook on Read Me Romance will leave you hot and bothered! New professor, Nikki is starting her new life with a new tattoo. Dean is her tattoo artist and their attraction is palpable. Little does she know that he will show up in her class and their attraction will only grow. Naima Simone writes a quick, well developed, steamy story that flies. Narrated by Lacy Laurel and Alex Kydd, the performance sucks you into their world and won't let you go. It's an hour well s ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—a ...more