Start by marking “Bright Steel (Masters & Mages Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Bright Steel (Masters & Mages Book 3)

Bright Steel

(Masters & Mages #3)

A young mage-in-training is unwittingly pulled into a violent political upheaval, in the third book of this epic fantasy trilogy by Miles Cameron, author of the Traitor Son Cycle.

Masters & Mages

The Red Knight
The Fell Sword
The Dread Wyrm
The Plague of
Expected publication: December 10th 2019 by Orbit (first published August 22nd 2019)

Start your review of Bright Steel (Masters & Mages Book 3)
Edward
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, favorites
Here is the review of Bright Steel, folks. Please check it out on Grimdark Magazine and any other fantastic reviews of books you are interested in.

“Selfishness and tyranny do not make for stable allies.”
“Can I quote you on that?”

Bright Steel. Wow. Masters and Mages is now a finished trilogy, and Bright Steel ramps up every aspect that made Cold Iron and Dark Forge utterly brilliant. Fearsome battles with swords and sorcery, emotional punches, back-alley dealings and one of the best coming-of-age
Daniel Kelly
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Normally I had read only his historical fiction work but this series was amazing, it had everything and shows he is just as good at fantasy as he is in fiction. Looks like I will have to add all his fantasy works to my tbr pile unusually the kindle is more expensive than the paper but pricing has nothing to do with the author and the book deserves only praise. Bravo Mr Cameron, now get the head down and write us some more
Barry Mulvany
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good if somewhat rushed end to the series.

Again we start pretty much where we left off at the end of the last book. As usual I won't go into too many details this being the final book of the series. This book contained elements of both previous books. The first was Aranthur getting used to the city and the politics, the second was a military campaign. This contains both as the first part of the book is back in the city and dealing with the ambitions of certain factions there. The second part
Kevin
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoy this author.
Now to finish his other series
Sam Davis
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book last night! What a great story. Bright Steel is the conclusion of Masters & Mages. I really enjoyed the main character Aranthur and well, all the characters, really. Dahlia is essentially someone who could leap out of an Alexander Dumas swashbuckling tale. Wow! I don’t think anyone can write military action like Miles Cameron (Christian Cameron). Additionally, I really enjoy the magical elements of the story. Reading back over this, I’m not doing this story any justice. ...more
David
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somehow unsatisfying

Felt like the last red Knight book, with an all knowing hero saving the world in very similar circumstances. Left me somehow unsatisfied. There were also a lot of very similar large magical fights, which dragged on after a while. The master/pure conclusion almost felt like an afterthought, which almost betrayed one of the hooks of the first book. This is an odd feeling as it's the first Cameron book I haven't flat out loved.
Deniz Sezer
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-gen
It feels like the story was originally planned as 4-5 books but has been edited to be finished in 3 books. I cannot help but feel like a lot of things have been fast forwarded or just briefly told.

It was a very enjoyable story nonetheless.
negurici
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Half the stars for half a book

Rushed and unsatisfying.

The 3rd and final installment of the Cold Iron saga feels more like the synopsis of the book than the actual book. It definitely needed more time in the oven
Wombat
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Wow. This was the first time in a LONG time that i pulled an all nighter to finish a book!

I'm still a little sour over the whole "world ending threat" that came up in this series... although i'm partially satisfied by how he resolved the situation - seriously, this ending was a good one for this book - much better than most "epic fantasy" delivers.

I really loved our PoV Aranthur, especially that he was a truly good-hearted character who strived to be better (even though circumstances were
Carewolf
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointing
Better than the second book in the series. In this book things actually happens, and the story progresses. It even tries to go back and touch on some dropped plot points from the first book, but nothing done satisfactory.

The book is just making the main character and his possy more and more Mary Sue & Co, and most tension is lost as our main characters are just the best at everything for reason.
Kritter
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous!
THE BIBLIOPHILE (Rituranjan)
A good ending to the trilogy. This book blends the best parts of book 1 and book 2, and as such it was highly entertaining. It was thrilling to read this coming-of-age story, filled with grit, humour, action, magic, and camaraderie. Cameron's elegant writing carries the story in an enthusiastic manner, and this 'saving of the world from evil' tale is fastidious, and filled with all the interesting flaws that makes a fantasy story delightful in its own way. There are grim and dark moments ...more
Connor
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I was a little hesitant when I picked up Cold Iron, something about a coming of age story about a student didn't draw me in like the appeal of Cameron's other work.
Never the less I took the plunge and was delighted to find I loved it, to the point where I couldn't put it down.
And here we are, two books later with Bright Steel, at the end of the trilogy that has me wishing for more.

Cameron consistently proves he is a master at drawing you into his world with its dynamic power struggles
Julian Evans
Good read

Enjoyed the book but it was difficult to remember where exactly the previous book picked up without any reintroduction into the minor characters and various factions.

I found the plot to be interesting and the action very well written, but again without being and to recall some of the previous characters and plotlines it was slight confusing.
Carl Phillips
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for this for months and ended up reading it in a day and a half and loved every second of it.

I was a bit wary going in as the end of the last book was getting "taking, magic sword" for me, but that was dealt with very well in the end.

In short, this is a superb book. Nothing else needs to be said.
Harry L
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect ending of a great book

What a great book to end on it both beautifully raps up the story but as is fitting doesn't make it perfect or unreal. I do hope there will be more books set in this world.
Jamie Carracher
Honestly, this is a lackluster ending to an astounding series. It's still well above par for the current fantasy landscape (in my largely irrelevant opinion) but given how intricate and... inventive the first two were, this is a somewhat low ending for me.
Richard
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn’t put it down
Martin Green
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, ibook
Christian (Miles) Cameron never, ever disappoints. This wraps up the trilogy started in Cold Iron, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. As ever.
Otger Meuwissen
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
excellent but the storyline was a bit straightforward
Peter Anderson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent ending to an outstanding series.
Keight
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The brilliant conclusion to a brilliant series; Bright Steel brings it all home, and while I'm sad to say goodbye to my favourite series of the past few years, I couldn't argue with such an emotionally satisfying ending that keeps the intrigue going to the very last.
This book brings back so much of what I loved in the first book; the beautiful city building, the spying, the evolving and complex magical system, but ties in the chaotic and political elements of the second book. The cities feel
Andy
Akusho
Oct 14, 2019
Dr. JP Grattan
Aug 25, 2019

• The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • The True Bastards (The Lot Lands, #2)
  • The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • The Choice of Magic (Art of the Adept, #1)
  • Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • Howling Dark (Sun Eater, #2)
  • Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5)
  • Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City
  • The New Achilles
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer #5)
  • Defying Destiny
  • Secrets and Spellcraft (Art of the Adept, #2)
  • Ravencry (Raven's Mark, #2)
Miles Cameron was born in 1961 in a small town in southern Illinois. At age six months his parents moved to Madison Illinois. A small town in Southern Illinois as well. His interest in writing materialized around the age of 10. He would write short ghost stories for students in his class to read. Unfortunately one day his teacher caught a student passing a story to another student. The teacher ...more

Masters & Mages (3 books)
  • Cold Iron (Masters & Mages, #1)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)