Start by marking “The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)

The Help

(Kings of Linwood Academy #1)

Rich boys don’t fraternize with the help.
They don't torture the help.
They don't crave the help.

For as long as I can remember, my mom and I have lived on the edge of ruin, so when she finally gets a decent job offer, she moves us cross-country to take it.

Who cares if it means working as a live-in housekeeper for a man wealthier than God? The paycheck
Published June 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Help

Start your review of The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)
Alaina
The ending annoyed me but ugh, I knew it was coming.

The Help is another RH book that I devoured in a short sitting. I thought it was interesting getting to see Harlow's little backbone. I mean the girl already kicked cancer's ass.. a bully means nothing to her right? Other than that, I really enjoyed that she was trying to help her mom out. I get that see saw how tough it was on her while she was dealing with cancer. I mean the whole money problem is no joke. So it was really sweet that she w/>The
Jamie Campbell
Just before I step through the arched doorway at the back of the room into a small gallery space, I glance over my shoulder.
Lincoln is standing on the second-floor balcony, hands braced on the railing, gaze locked on me.
It’s only then that I realize his rude behavior earlier was actually him holding back—putting on a mask of civility. He must’ve been restraining himself, keeping his emotions in check in front of his dad and my mom.
Because the look on his face now?
It’s one
Snow
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm on a roll here...

I'm actually having fun with these books...LOL, I don't usually venture into the "bully romances" but somehow the enemies to lovers anticipation and pent up energy always gets me in, somehow, so yeah, I read these too...
Sammi Jayne Brooks
Jun 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I don't know what made me download this one but apparently I was half asleep because if I had known there was a cliffhanger and a second book then I wouldn't have bothered.

On Amazon this is listed in 3 different "Romance" categories, but why? There is no romance in this book. All we get is:

- Unrealistic situations (view spoiler) ...more
Amanda Anderson
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell! 5 stars! This was my first Callie book and I am jumping to Savage Royals asap after this. Lincoln, oh my broody boy, you are by far my favorite boy of them all. This book had it all! Mystery, suspense, romance, hot boys, troubled teenage girl, lustful events etc. River is definitely a close second for me, I cannot get that boy out of my damn head. Cant leave out Dax & Chase though..sexy ass boys..
AND THAT ENDING!!!! OMG it came straight out of nowhere and left all of us read
BokaniSak*BookWhore
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars**

this was just a nah for me..

1. unprotected sex.. these are 17 year olds btw
2. relationship build up is dumb as F. so its okay to go around kissing random boys who are actually friends? it just doesnt feel right in the RH set-up world (yes, self conflicting statement but real RH lovers will understand what i'm trying to say), it feels more loose in morale cause i dont think under normal circumstances a group of tightly neat friends go fucking the same girl u
Oredeen (honest reviews)
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
So far so good. Story is engaging and there isn’t too much going on to be frustrating but there is a lot going on. Some steam and two detailed sex scenes, not quite a rh yet, but working its way there.
Few things I didn’t like are the side characters, or rather Harlow’s life at school. The story is far more about her relationships with the guys and specifically Black mansion. There’s a good amount of them at school though, I feel should be more explained or less. It’s in that gray area where it’
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: bully-romance
Same debuting author as Savage Royals: A Reverse Harem High School Bully Romance, which I found a few weeks ago, but with a different angle in that the heroine is the daughter of the rich family's maid. It's not totally original because I can think of a few manga where this is the same scenario, but I haven't seen it used often in books in the western world, so I'm interested.

This one appears to be releasing after Savage Royals, so if the latter is good I'll probably check out this one! :)
BLuvsBooks
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
That ending! Wow. I did not predict that at all.
If you love bully romance then this book is for you.
Fast paced, twists and secrets.
Looking forward to the next.
Nikisha Neely
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This book was everything I love Harlow and her mom’s relationship. I can’t wait for book 2 I hope Harlow goes crazy on those boys,
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
I wasn’t sold on these relationships at all. Maybe it’s because I just finished The Ballers trilogy and I’m still in a bit of a hangover from that. The heroine was...weak and annoying. The build up for the RH set up—what build up? One second they’re bullying her and then bam, all of a sudden they have a bond? Yawn.

I thought the characterization and the overall story line needed a little bit more work. But because a certain twist of the story has piqued my interest... I’m gonna try and read the
Nicole Dunton
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story much more than I thought I would. I was recommended it by somebody I trust well. So I thought, why not? I had my reservations due to a book I had thought was similar. It wasn't anything like that book though. It also wasn't as harsh as I thought it was going to be either. People always say don't judge a book by its cover, but it should really be said that we shouldn't judge a book by preconceived notions as well. Though I should note the cover is absolutely gorgeous!< ...more
Megan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
It’s a little embarrassing that I’ve never read any of Callie Rose’s books until this week. This book was fantastic. Harlow and her mom move to a rich town and move in with a rich family to be their live in maids. It sounds like a dream come true for them... until she meets the son that lives in the house and he’s a jerk. Him and his friends set out to make Harlows life a nightmare. Of course the line between hate and lust is extremely thin. There is a lot of drama going on and Harlow trusts the ...more
Karen Graham ballinger
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Help

I really enjoyed this book as I do with all her stories...My only is is ALL the cursing. This book was just so filled with it that it sometimes took away from the story. 4.5 stars...would've been 5 if not for that.
Christina G
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In “The Help: Kings of Linwood Academy #1,” Callie Rose introduces the reader to Harlow and her mom, Penelope Thomas. The two make a cross country move in order for Harlow’s mom to take high paying position as an Executive Housekeeper in a prestigious neighborhood in Connecticut. Harlow, a teenager who lives her life to the fullest and does what she can to help her mom, is thrust into a world that she knows nothing about when she meets the Kings of Linwood Academy who can make or break her. ...more
Briane
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok. It really didn’t get interesting until close to the end. No real action happened until then either. All the questions that arose throughout the book weren’t answered either. Terrible cliff- hanger ending. I mean she creates so many mysteries and suspicions about things but doesn’t even come close to solving them.
Jessica Roessler
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With the common bully trope, we are starting to see Bully High School Romance Galore, and this is something I am truly happy about because I LOVE this trope. But, sometimes these books can be really similar. I have to say, Callie Rose was able to take a trope that I SO enjoy reading, and make it completely her own. The Help had me on my toes from beginning to end, and I am already dying for book 2!
Harlow's mother was able to get herself a well paying job across the country in a town called
Faye
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, I'm basically a fan of bully romances who knew esepcially if it is a reverse harem.

I thought that this would be sort of a lighter read in which it doesn't become like a thriller but it does. This isn't really quite that simple. With Harlow and her mom moving due to a big time job offered to her and meeting the son of her employer and his friends.

I would say that you could see a connection more like lust coming from them at the beginning. Her relationship with the guys
Hope Cummings
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy shit, Batman. I’m all about books that make my heart race with adrenaline but this one just came in and wrecked my world. I mean, sure I saw some things coming but I had theories and that ending? That is not how My theories played out. I want more now. I’m so anxious to see how this story goes from here. I want to see Low destroy people now. It will be so beautiful. I want the guys to swoop in and help her. Ugh my head is bursting with new ideas and theories! The Game needs to get here now.
Rebecca ellis
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where has Callie Rose been my whole life???
The first book I read from her was Savage Royals and it was brutal in the best possible way ( if you haven't read that yet then do it immediately!). Now she has blessed/cursed me with the first book of her new series The Help.
Y'all....
This is such an amazing read. If you're a fan of bully romance, RH, mystery, sexiness, hot dudes, betrayal, maid outfits, poker, crappy nissans, garbage, parties, breathing, living...anything, then you'll love
Kari
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hmmmmm what?!?! Ok so I just finished this and I just can’t even. . . So the book is really well written, and I’m loving the storyline so far. But that ending. . . Girl!! That was so wrong but oh so right! Can’t wait till the next one.
Kim Whitehead
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOODNESS!! What a whirlwind! From enemies to lovers! Twists and turns! Right when you think you’ve got it figured out, key word think, Bam it twists again! And holy moly the ending had me stunned I mean flat out stunned! What an awesome beginning to this series! Freaking awesome!
Clare
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really really liked this book, But I would have waited to read if I knew it ended in a cliffhanger lol I got so into this book that before I knew it I'd read the whole thing and my gosh it left me to need the next book. I hope it comes out quickly as I need to know what happens
Adriana
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
One star off review for serial cliff hanger. Hate em.
Sable Lewis
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Loved Harlow and the guys. And that ending?!?! Can't wait for the next one!
SWEETY
The help is at its best very unrealistic.
There are so many books out there in this same genre, sometimes it feels like if you’ve read one of them, you have read them all. Unfortunately for the help, it was too similar to many other popular books of the bully romance genre.

The main plot aggressor, (view spoiler) seems to come out of nowhere. The explanation that is given by the boys for their actions following the said
Yasmin
Aug 16, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
Sassy or just plain petty?

✖ Kicks River's phone into the pool because the guys were sexually objectifying her behind her back (But then feels bad and dives in to get the phone?)
✖ Takes her time getting ready to be driven to school just to make Lincoln late to school (But she will be late too...)

Willfully ignorant?
✖ MC hears Mr. Black (boss) having sex in the laundry room, and the MC wondered who the woman was. She then sees her boss checking out her mom, and sitting on the sofa with her.(But(But
Jessica Marie Sebaugh
It was okay. It was well written but this book reminds me of so many others and the plot was unoriginal. I have read better and the cliff hanger didn't have me crying so i think that says it all.
thank you, next.
Tia
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It was starting to drag towards the end and then there was a good twist.

Let’s see there this goes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Outcast (Kings of Mercia Academy #1)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville High Elite #1)
  • Beautiful, Dirty, Rich (Blood and Diamonds #1)
  • Game On (The Ballers of Rockport High, #1)
  • UNTouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
  • Revenge (Kings of Mercia Academy #2)
  • Broken (Evergreen Academy #2)
  • Foul Line (The Ballers of Rockport High, #2)
  • Shunned (Kings of Miskatonic Prep, #1)
  • Marked (Evergreen Academy #1)
  • Sinners (Pawns of Patience, #1)
  • The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1)
  • Bound (Evergreen Academy #3)
  • UNLoved  (Bay Falls High #2)
  • In the Arms of the Elite (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #4)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville High Elite #2)
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • The Ruthless Boys (Adamson All-Boys Academy, #2)
Callie Rose is a bestselling author who loves to write books that will grab you by the feels and not let go till the very last page. She loves twisty plots, tortured bad boys, strong FMCs, and redemption stories where that shit is *earned*.

For new release updates and other fun goodies, sign up for her mailing list: https://mailchi.mp/67bf6454607c/calli...

She promises not to bite (or spam you)!

Kings of Linwood Academy (3 books)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)