Start by marking “We Live Inside Your Eyes” as Want to Read:
We Live Inside Your Eyes

We Live Inside Your Eyes

Published April 2019 by Elderlemon Press

To ask other readers questions about We Live Inside Your Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Live Inside Your Eyes

Mindi
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who knows me at all knows that I'm buying any new Kealan Patrick Burke release immediately. They also know that I'm going to bump that book up on my impossibly huge TBR, because I know it's going to be worth it. So I got this one in my hands and I was ready to rumble.

This collection is essentially stories within a story, and I love that. Burke sets the scene in the beginning that is actually taken from his childhood (Story notes are included in the back of the book, folks! You read that
Cassie Lola (holo.reader)
Finished just in time for the ending of my readalong tomorrow!!
Kevin Jones
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Eyes Have It!

This is a fantastic mix of short stories. Other than a framing story that starts and ends the collection, each story appears to stand on its own. There is a thread of blue eye references that runs throughout the collection, but ultimately I could not make anything of it. This disjointed approach, however, actually works to the benefit of the collection. The stories run the gamut from weird, supernatural incidents, to bloody encounters that make you question the line between fan
Sjgomzi
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-list-2019
This is a writer at the top of his game right here. Every single story in this book was pure enjoyment. Enjoyment, that is , if you love being scared, made uncomfortable, or forced to examine your own faults, phobias, and inner demons. This book will do that, and entertain at the same time, accomplishing all of it with some of the finest writing around. True horrors lie within folks. Loved it! 😉
Bill
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short story collections aren’t really my bag. I struggle with them. Always have. Not sure why. Of course, there are a few (very few) authors that I will go out of my way to read anything and everything that they put out there, short story collections included. KPB is at the top of the list.

WE LIVE INSIDE YOUR EYES (1) - Wishes are wet sticks that will never start a fire.4*

THE LAND OF SUNSHINE – The heart that gets lost and found again 4*

TRAVELER - Vengeance matters. It’s sometimes all we have le
Carla (Carla's Book Bits)
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: collections
Don't judge me.

But this is so freaking good so far and I no longer want to read it on my Kobo so I shelled out more money to get it on paperback... So I can read it physically. It's that good.
Irene
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A creepy collection of tales from one of my favorite horror authors. I had previously read The Mannequin Challenge when it appeared in Halloween Carnival 4. It was one of the best stories in that anthology and it was enjoyable to revisit it here, My favorites in this collection were You Have Nothing To Fear From Me in which a lonely middle aged woman finally finds the perfect date, and Wicked Thirst, which is a disturbing tale about an alcoholic who has given up on sobriety and is instead accept ...more
FanFiAddict
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

In the ruins of an old parking garage, there is an effigy lashed to a pillar. To anyone else, the remains of the woman with the goat skull head is a warning. To a lonely young boy looking for escape, it is a god of salvation. At its feet lay tattered old notebooks, scattered stories, tales of strange encounters, of broken people and monstrous things, and of corrupt hearts and evil minds. In order to complete his transfiguration, the boy must read these stories, but he has no
Jessica
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the latest collection of short stories by Kealan Patrick Burke. They are nothing short of jaw dropping shock and spine tingling terror. I devoured this book so fast, I couldn't help myself! This deserves all 5 little black sparkling stars!! 🙌👌

This author has becone an auto buy for me and this is my third book I've read by him. Small short stories, but packed with a punch, that sits with you long after you've read them! If you haven't picked up anything by this author by now, I strongly s
Kim Napolitano
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I’m a big fangirl of Mr. Burke, his attention to detail and the ability to drop you into the world built by his words are pure magic. Master of darkness, there is no light in these stories but rich none the less. I won’t review each short story individually as that’s not what I do, I just tell you what I feel. I especially enjoyed the first few stories in the collection that to me gave me post-apocalyptic feelings of dread.. just settles in your bones. All the stories are amazing and yo
Dawn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Y'all already know I'm a huge fan, so I had to have this. This is a great collection of stories in stories and my favorite part (besides the last few chapters) is how he came to write each story at the end of the book. If you've never read Kealan Patrick Burke, this would be a great place to start. Highly recommend by me :)
Siân Plummer (plumreads__s)
"Oh my word, some of these stories fully blew my mind."

Read my full review here!
I felt this was such a different take on the usual vampire novel, that I was intrigued from the start and quickly felt the pages turning.
Jackie Cowgill (LanternsJourney)
The stories in this horror anthology were really captivating and immersive. I really felt as if I were there; I could feel the dank are pressing around me and choking me with mold spores. I had tingles down my spine and nightmares from some of the imagery. It was a good mix of stories and I liked that they were all encapsulated within a framing story that pulled them together.

I dont want to give anything away because half the thrill is reading and discovering for yourself, but I will say that m
Rhiannon
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew I was likely to enjoy this book as a fan of Kealan Patrick Burke's work, but WOW! This one just really hit it out of the park!
Around 99% of what I read/listen to is horror, so, (as one does) I've become a bit desensitized to it. However, this book made my skin prickle--and when I do find a book that can persuade real fear and make me want to leave a light on at night, I relish it!
And relish, I did! I couldn't stop turning the pages. In bed with my book light, I would warily watch the sha
Mommacat
Alexandra Bowie
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this collection of short stories from start to finish in one sitting. Every story had brilliant writing and plot and all with satisfying endings. My favourite story in the collection is 'The House On Abigail Lane', which I found the most interesting and could see visually like a film playing out inside my head (I could with every story but this one more so than the others).

I really enjoy this author's writing and I can't wait for whatever he writes next, I also need to read his other boo
Sheela
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burke always manages to find a way to completely unsettle me before I even understand what is going on. This short story collection is eclectic and still manages to weave a few similarities between them. Admittedly some of them didn't quite hit the mark with me, I got a little zoned out in the environment I think but the ones that did were more than enough, The House on Abigail Lane could have stood all on it's own, it's just that great.
Tina Marie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Burke at his best. A book full of great, spooky short stories. They will make you feel a wide range of emotions. A couple of my favorite stories were “You Have Nothing to Fear From Me” ... its rather heartbreaking. Also “The House on Abigail Lane” ... Spookishly brilliant story. Burke has easily become a top favorite author of mine.
Alex
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The frame stories “We Live Inside Your Eyes (I & II)” are definitely weird, but the opener doesn’t flow into the first collected story well. I’m not sure why a young boy from an apocalyptic world blooming with mildew would be interested in an introspective story about midlife marital doubts and anxiety. This collection evokes thoughts of Barker, but doesn’t quite grab his glee.
Cyndi  McIntire
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My eyes?

Great collection of shorts, some I didn't understand at all but they did fit in the over all feel of this collection. My favorite is The House on Abigail Lane, so glad KPB decided to dust this one off and finish the story.
Hayla
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how personal this book feels 🖤
Burke dedicated the book to his bookstagram fans (includes me 💕) and included a section where he shares the inspirations behind each of the short stories (which were all enjoyable). ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and an extra ✨
Dead Head Reviews
WLIYE is a collection of Kealan at his finest. Every story brings something darkly unique and magical to it. I loved the idea of stories within a story and it really added to the overall dynamic of the collection. I could honestly go on about this book for sometime. Highly recommended!
Lynne Dowe
Boring, no development

Sloppy, endless adjectives strung together to emulate actual stories. Descriptions that lead to nothing. Several typos that an editor should have caught.
Jesse Bollinger
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a very solid collection. i really enjoyed all the stories and the 1 poem.
Krystina Hartigan
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were MORE stars!
J.M. M White
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get this short story collection just for 'Mannequin Challenge'. You won't be disappointed. Burke does it yet again!
Courtney Tetreault
Great and creepy set of stories

I really enjoyed these , House on Abigail Lane was amazing and kept me swiping pages long after bedtime ❤❤❤
Edward Brock
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one thing that annoys me about Patrick, is that he can always be depended on to give you a dark, creepy, fun, and frightening book--every time. And this book is no exception.
Patrick C Greene
Jun 04, 2019
LeAnna
May 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Born and raised in a small harbor town in the south of Ireland, Kealan Patrick Burke knew from a very early age that he was going to be a horror writer. The combination of an ancient locale, a horror-loving mother, and a family full of storytellers, made it inevitable that he would end up telling stories for a living. Since those formative years, he has written five novels, over a hundred short st ...more