Start by marking “The Deal (Manhattan Nights #3)” as Want to Read:
The Deal (Manhattan Nights #3)

The Deal

(Manhattan Nights #3)

Every city hides a few sins.

In Manhattan, what I did to Jesse Somerset was mine.

Five years ago, I spent the night with my brother's best friend.

Only he doesn't know it.

Now he's back in my life. In need of a phony wife.

And I know I'm going to sin again...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is a full-length, stand alone, brother's best friend/forbidden romance with humor, suspe
Published April 26th 2019 by Wrye Writing (first published April 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deal

Start your review of The Deal (Manhattan Nights #3)
ItaPixie
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I enjoyed reading Marilyn and Jesse story.
The Deal is the third book in the Manhattan Nights series, it could be read as a standalone but I really recommend you to read the previous ones too.

Marilyn, an Hollywood actress, and Jesse, a lawyer, met at a party years ago,they instantly felt a burning chemistry but they chose to ingnore it because it was too complicated for Heath's best friend to pursue his little sister.
Now years later they meet again in Manhattan and they find out they didn't for

Ayekah
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another insanely good read in the Manhattan Series from Natalie, The Deal stars the one and only Marilyn Daniels and her long time crush and brothers best friend /law partner Jesse Somerset.
Marilyn is a feisty Hollywood star and man I do mean feisty, you can bet your best pair of Doc Martens on that one, she's left LA and fled back to the safety of Manhattan after a few questionable selfies are leaked to the press by someone who hacked her phone. There while evading the paps and catching her bre
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I felt as if the author has set up the majority of the characters in this series by now and the book flowed a little easier than the prior two.

I really liked how the story progressed and we were able to get insights in to both characters:

Marilyn: We know from previous books is a close friend of Brett, sister to Heath, Hollywood Wild Child, and basically owns everything. The reader was able to get a much more detailed and in depth look, which I have to say I think tha
SCBookAddict
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought Heath was going to be my favorite in this series. Well, his sister, Marilyn, just took over that title. She's a fighter!
This book was filled with secrets and angst and it took an emotional turn for Marilyn that I wasn't expecting but it made her become relatable and lovable to me, the reader.
Both characters have issues with their pasts and self-doubts that they try to overcome with their own vices. Who knew that what they really needed was each other?
This book sucked me in from the ver
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Shannon
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series, fell in love with these characters and such great storylines!!!
Amber
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and beautiful story!

I laughed,
I teared,
I cried,
I snorted right along with Kayla!

But my point is that Jesse and Marilyn blew me away! Their secrets, their lies and their half truths all of it was exactly what made them uniquely them! And it was the second chance for them to get it right even if they didn’t get it right away! Jesse and Mare had their demons to fight, but even if their engagement was fake Jesse wanted to fight right along with Marilyn and actions speak louder th
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Deal is the third book in the Manhattan Nights series by one of my favorite suspense romance authors, Natalie Wrye. Even though this is the third book, it can be read as a standalone. If you did read the previous books then you have already met Jesse and Marilyn and like me, you have been waiting for their story.

Five years. That’s how long it’s been since Jesse and Marilyn were in the same room. She was back in Manhattan after scandal hit the internet. This one bigger than the others. She w
Christi Fowler
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: The Deal
Author: Natalie Wrye
Format: Ebook
Genre: Romance - suspense, fake fiancé, best friend's sister/brother's best friend
Standalone: yes
Part of a Series: yes book 3 in the Manhattan Nights series
POV: Marilyn and Jesse
4/5

Although The Deal is a standalone it's even better if you've read The Vow (Book 1) and The Bet (Book 2) first. The Deal takes place the week before the wedding of Brett and Elsie (The Vow) and starts just before the epilogue of The Bet and we get a glimpse of what happ
Anne Baker
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rogue God and Rebel

Once again Natalie Wrye gives her readers a mind blowing, intriguing suspenseful story! The Deal follows on in this wonderful series with all its great characters coming out in the third book of the Manhattan Nights Series. This wonderful authors prose always amazes me with the depth and intensity of her characters!
Marilyn Daniels an actress and Heaths’s sister is running from the paparazzi and returns to Manhattan, she also has a stalker. Jesse Somerset a lethal trial lawye
Maria
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natalie has outdone herself. This book is about Jesse and Marilyn, he is the BFF of her brother and the attorney working on Heath’s other BFF’s fathers case. This is the third book in the Manhattan Night Series, which was awesome. As with the second book, I had to go back to skim The Bet and the Vow in order to remember the characters and how it left off. Although this is a standalone book, it is best to familiarize yourself to the characters in order to understand where they are coming from. Th ...more
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
The Deal is the third book in the Manhattan series by the fabulous and talented Natalie Wrye. We met both Jesse and Marilyn in the previous books and I have been waiting for their story! They have a history that I was dying to know! Now they are seeing each other after five years and the attraction is still there. But so are the secrets. Jesse needs to concentrate on his job and Marilyn needs to get her life back on track after a scandal. What's the perfect way? Make a deal with the sexiest woma ...more
Tricia
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been trying to decide on how best to describe this author’s distinctive writing style. It reminds me of something but I’ve been unable to put my finger on it. This probably won’t make sense, and I mean this in a positive way, but as I read The Deal, certain parts made me feel almost like I was watching an action packed black and white movie, with the actors/characters bringing a certain kind of realism to their fictional role. I would have no idea how to write a book, or plot a storyline, ...more
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed this book,At first, I was a little skeptical about reading this because of the fake fiancé storyline, but I felt like that didn’t make the whole story and there was a lot more to the storyline. This is a perfect read for anyone who is into the sibling’s best friend trope. The chemistry between Marilyn and Jesse did really well developing through the story. I wasn’t the biggest Marilyn fan in the beginning but she definitely grow on me! This book w ...more
Elly
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Deal is the 3rd book in the Manhattan Nights series. Although each is standalone, I do feel like you need to read the prior two books in order to know more about the other characters. Even reading the other two left me feeling a tad lost at times.

The chemistry between Jesse and Marilyn is HOT!

We learn their current connection has been brewing for a while, and they both have their reasons for not acting on their attraction.

I enjoyed reading this book, maybe more than the other two; however,
EducatedBookFreak
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book hit all the elements I love to see. Natalie Wrye does a great job doing this in this book. The deal they make is one of convenience. It throws the story for a loop for both characters. As they continue the deal, you see the chemistry between them grow and get more Intimate. The lines crossed and relationship developing suck you in, begging for more as you read each page.

She is a wild child, but you learn to love her as the story progresses. He is a hotshot lawyer, but has his own set
Kari Hansen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marilyn has forged a successful career as an actress in LA but when she is one the receiving end of a media frenzy she decides to head to Manhattan one day early to attend her best friend’s wedding.

Jesse is a lawyer in NY who is determined to win his current case. He hasn’t forgotten the night he spent with Marilyn, his best friend’s sister, five year ago so seeing her in all her glory once again wasn’t helping.

Hot chemistry, drama and suspense abound as we not only get a front row seat for Mari
Crystal
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Deal is the third story in the Manhattan Nights Series. Can be read as a standalone, however I would start this great series at the beginning. We've met the characters Jesse and Marilyn in a previous story, and I was looking forward to reading their story. Jesse is Marilyn's brother Heath's best friend, he's a lawyer and just a great guy. Marilyn is an actress, and she's the center of another scandal, so she's run home. The story flowed well and it has abit of angst, some secrets, drama and ...more
Helena Rizzuto
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fake engagement..... two complete opposites... what could go wrong?

Seemingly everything but oh in the hottest way ever. I feel like I’ve been waiting for Jesse and Marilyn my entire life. Seriously. While they’ve never been the main characters, they’ve Leah’s been in the front of my mind. Natalie’s style of writing is a mix of sensual and angst. Guaranteed to make the reader squeeze their thighs, pant a little and be on the edge of their seat. This book has humor, ease of flow and certainly STEA
Tracey
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I said I loved Brett & Elsie's story in The Vow; then I said that I might have loved Heath & Violet's story in the Bet a little better....well, is it possible that I absolutely adored Jesse & Marilyn's story in The Deal!? How could I not when this series of standalones is so very good! As I've said before, I have read everything Natalie has written, but I must say that her writing keeps improving and getting better and better if that's at all possible. Intrigue, mystery, smart sexy char ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Deal by Natalie Wrye is book Three in the Manhattan Nights Series. This is the story of Jesse and Marilyn. This can be a standalone but the characters are weaved through the series, so for me I enjoyed it more having read them all.
Jesse is Marilyn's brother friend but there is also a past between the two. Neither have seen each other in a while but due to Marilyn needing some help brings Jesse full force into her life again. A pretend engagement deal is made but how long will it be pretend?
Elizabeth Wood-Noel
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is a great romance with a little bit of mystery. The author never fails to keep your attention to the story and always keeps enough detail to make you feel like your really in the story. When actress comes back to n.y. and sees her brothers best friend for the first time in years old sparks that never really went away reignite but then Jesse makes a deal and pretends to be her fiance. Can she keep her feelings in check to get through her best friends wedding or will it all come crumbli ...more
Petra
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG! This book sucked me in from page one. Jess is so hot! It’s got everything I love: brother’s best friend, fake fiancé and sparks flying between the two main characters! A little suspense to keep you up on your toes. The whole story kept me glued to the pages. Bonus: it’s a standalone but characters from past The Vow and The Bet are there as well, so we get an update on their lives. I’m looking forward to the next one.

I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntary an honest opinion.
Angie Klug
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is getting better and better!

And this brother's best friend/forbidden romance has been my favorite so far. I was so looking forward to getting more of Jesse after meeting him in the last book...and I was not disappointed. This one was steamy, intriguing, frustrating and fun.

It lagged a little, and I'm still feeling a little like I've missed something when it comes to how all of these characters fit together with the big bad father figure. But it hasn't diminished the HEAs.
Clare
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the third book in a series, and is a best friend's little sister book. Marilyn, the heroine, is a successful actress until a decision she made in the past, blows up in her face. The hero, Jesse, an up and coming attorney swoops in to the rescue. The chemistry between them is something to behold. Overall, this was a good book.
Sabrina
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book three in the Manhattan Nights Series by Natalie Wrye. Both characters were introduced in previous books. I must say these books and covers keeps getring better and better. This is Marilyn and Jesse's story..two slightly flawed characters that are just perfect for each other. I love the fake fiance/ brothers best friend romance trope! Throughly enjoyed this book, thanks to the author.
Sherry
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this series, and this book was everything you expect from Natalie. Lots of steamy passion and charismatic characters. Jessie and Marilyn are stunning together, and the little twist with the plot at the wedding was a bit unexpected. I am looking forward now to the next book in the series. Thank you Natalie for another great romance.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAH!! Marilyn and Jesse's story is EVERYTHING! I fell in love with Natalie Wrye with The Vow and I am officially obsessed! Brother's Best Friend is one of my favorite tropes and Ms. Wrye killed it! FIVE HUGE STARS!!
Meleaha Howard
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jesse is Marilyn's brother's best friend. They shared one night, years ago. Now, she is back, and trouble is on her tail. Can they keep things from blowing up, or not?
I loved how this book follows the story line of the other two books. You already know the characters from the other books.
Nicki  (BooksandChatt)
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Deal is the classic brothers best friend! Jesse is one hot lawyer who has always had feelings for his best friends sister! Marilyn is a all up in the tabloids soap star who just can’t get over her brothers best friend!
Definitely a good read!

• Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Dear Ava
  • Dear Enemy
  • In Too Deep (The Blackhawk Boys, #5)
  • International Player
  • The Trade
  • This Is Crazy (This is, #1)
  • The First Taste
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • 28 Dates (Crazy Love, #3)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
Natalie Wrye is a reader, writer and tequila lover best known for writing suspenseful big city romance and characters whose HEA's you'll love rooting for.

A notebook hoarder whose books have been featured on USA Today's HEA and PopSugar, when she's not watching Netflix re-runs or yelling at college basketball games on TV, she's usually crafting sexy suspenseful stories about hard-bodied, take-charg

Manhattan Nights (6 books)
  • The Vow: A Manhattan Nights novel
  • The Bet (Manhattan Nights #2)
  • The Kiss
  • The Note (Manhattan Nights #5)
  • The Play