Start by marking “Radiant: His Light, Your Life for Teen Girls and Young Women” as Want to Read:
Radiant: His Light, Your Life for Teen Girls and Young Women

Radiant: His Light, Your Life for Teen Girls and Young Women

Published August 6th 2019 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about Radiant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Radiant

Start your review of Radiant: His Light, Your Life for Teen Girls and Young Women
Hailey
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Would highly recommend!!
Robin
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a beautiful summary of the book of Ephesians. I at first was worried that it would be geared more for teenage girls and not really apply to me (not a teenager),but I soon found out that I was wrong. My pink highlights and sticky notes all throughout the book are a witness that it is for anyone who has a hard time seeing how they fit into the beautiful image of God. It challenged and convicted me. I laughed and cried as I went through each chapter. It will inspire you to view yoursel ...more
Carina Shephard
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Expectations: This book is small, has a pretty cover, and cost me $3 from the clearance shelf at Hobby Lobby. I read it fully expecting it to be decent but not noteworthy and to hand it to a younger friend of mine who might get more out of it after I was done. From my experience Christian nonfiction books geared specifically for an age group younger than 20 tend to be shallow and fail to connect and be relatable for the reader.

Reality: While this book acted more as a reminder for me than learni
Jessica
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for my daughter, for us to read together. I had no idea that it would touch me so deeply as well. It is written for teen and young adult girls, but my oh my, no matter the age, the message is the same. Powerful. Impacting. Empowering. In a world telling girls who they should be, Priscilla Shirer uses her powerful voice and relatable humor to remind us who God says we are and who He made us to be.
This is a must read for all young girls, and even some of us older ones.
Riley
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading my first Priscilla Shirier book! I loved her stories that connected how we can shine the light of Jesus!!
Karl Dumas
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Most people have trouble understanding who we really are, especially who we are in Christ, who we are in God’s eyes. Instead we tend to listen to everyone else and blindly accept the labels that the world pins on us. Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone would study the book of Ephesians and learn about their true identity?
Recently a new faith-based movie, Overcomer, directed by Alex Kendrick and produced by Stephen Kendrick released in theaters. Several books ‘inspired by the movie’ and geared towar
Theresa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am long past being a teen girl or young woman, but I got so much out of the book. I enjoy Priscilla Shirer's writing, and am beginning the study Defined (that accompanies the movie, Overcomer by the Kendricks). I wanted to read this as a quick summary to know what was ahead. I do disagree with Mrs Shirer about some details of theology - not just in this book, but in other studies of hers I have done. I find if I can look past those, her books offer so many valuable nuggets. I grow every time I ...more
Cindy Navarro
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did you know that God’s light can shine through every facet of your identity? Radiant is an invitation for teen girls and young women to enjoy a candid conversation on identity with bestselling author Priscilla Shirer. You’ll hear reflections on life lessons she’s gathered from her teen years until now. She’ll show you how the light of God’s Word shaped her identity, and she’ll teach you how it can change and shape your life as well.

The book is less than 150 pages, but each page will touch the h
Jill
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
In association with the newly-released film, "Overcomer" from Alex and Stephen Kendrick, Priscilla Shirer wrote "Radiant", a book about finding identity in God for teen girls and young women.  Using examples from her life as a teenager, Shirer encourages young women to look for their identity in the pages of Scripture rather than social media and their peers.

She teaches young women how to be radiant with the love and joy of Christ and to use their uniqueness to serve God and reflect Him to the w
Dawn
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I bought this book for my daughter who is graduating from high school this year. I thought it would be a good graduation and "send-off" gift to remind her to look to God's guidance to find her way. It is that in many ways, but it might just not fit for my daughter in this particular year. It starts with a story of graduation...which we are not even sure is a possibility for her this year. There are many great passages and stories that could be very inspiring for her, but I'm not sure if she will ...more
Mariabylove
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for everyone! It may be written for girls but women and I believe boys and men can truly receive the “gift” that is this book and the words of “love” written by Priscilla Shirer.

Each page is like a huge hug from God, a Mother, Grandmother, Father, Grandfather and loving Friend. It radiates love and gives you a solid foundation for believing in yourself through God loving voice.
Arabella Grassmuck
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shanda Jones
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't love this enough. If you are, have, or even have been a teen or young adult woman, this is a beautiful dose of God's truth and love. Priscilla Shirer does an outstanding job sharing life and lessons that are relevant and relatable to today's growing ladies. It's real talk without the sting of condemnation and Biblically sound doctrine without complication. ...more
Challa Fletcher
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for Young Women

This is a great read for young woman especially under 21 or so; just really stepping into life. It touched on great things that women struggle with and if we can really get a hold of can make us stronger individually and collectively.
Lauren
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly necessary look at identity in a world where young women struggle to find it. Priscilla Shirer’s first book for a young adult audience does not disappoint, and is perfect to give to both Christian and unsaved girls alike.
Luann
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book to encourage teenage girls or woman on their purpose in life. They are put here in this time and generation for a reason. They are given challenges in their life for a reason. Turn to god to guide your path. Very uplifting!
Micahya Costen
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Priscilla did such an amazing job writing this book and getting readers to understand God’s will for them and how they must look at life to understand it the way God created it and to enjoy life!!
Anna Reimink
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really great book full of incredible truths that every girl should know. I read this as a 19 year old and would definitely say it’s aimed toward young teen girls. Will be giving to my sister!
Maria C. Johnson
Excellent Resource!!

Radiant is an excellent resource for young women’s Christian mentor and Bible study groups. This book is practical, relevant, and biblically sound.
Jeanette Keys
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was an on point book that hit the mark in every way. Thank you for taking the time to be led in writing this book.
Heather
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this message Of identity being rooted in Christ!
I’m passing it along to my teen girls!
Natalie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was so encouraging and lifted my mood. Radiant helped me realize so many truths and I’m really glad I found it.
Taylor Dee
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extremely inspiring and uplifting. I’m so thankful my mom bought this book for me to read.💜
Julia Carr
Insightful book supported by scripture!

Love how Priscilla connects her stories with insight and scripture! Appreciate how it applies to a wide range of women.
Grace
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This book was a good read. Intended for a young female audience but I still enjoyed it in my mind 30s. Encouraging and reassuring.
Sophia  Lumsdaine

• Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Live
  • Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms
  • Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • In Search of Wisdom: Life-Changing Truths in the Book of Proverbs
  • Defined: Who God Says You Are
  • Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It
  • Holy Ghost (Virgil Flowers #11)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Values
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • Insecure: Fighting Our Lesser Fears with a Greater One
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • The Patient Ferment of the Early Church: The Improbable Rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire
  • Wishes and Wellingtons