Start by marking “Applied Electromagnetism (Chemistry Lessons, #4)” as Want to Read:
Applied Electromagnetism (Chemistry Lessons, #4)

Applied Electromagnetism

(Chemistry Lessons #4)

A business trip with the office hottie turns into a road trip from hell.

Adam Cortinas may be gorgeous, but he’s made it clear he can’t stand Olivia—and the feeling is one hundred percent mutual. Too bad, because in order to bring the company’s new power plant online, they’re stuck with each other for the next week.

When their travel plans go horribly awry, Olivia finds
Published July 2nd 2019 by Haver Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Applied Electromagnetism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Applied Electromagnetism

Start your review of Applied Electromagnetism (Chemistry Lessons, #4)
Syndi
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was listening to this amid social distancing and work from home mode. And let me tell you, this book is perfect for the occasion. It is a sweet cute story about 2 people who have prejudice on the first glance.

They embark in a road trip from hell and finding out each other. Fall in love. Their romance progresses into getting to know each other during their isolation. It helps me entertain during all worse news around the world.

When you stuck at home,take time to get to know your family again.
Brandy Hensley
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***I voluntarily read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review***

To be more accurate, I basically begged for an ARC of this book because I Love (capital L Love) everything this author has written, and I not so patiently await new-release dates. This book, thankfully, didn't disappoint.

Adam and Olivia are coworkers who intensely dislike each other and end up stranded together on a business trip. As they spend more time together, they actually begin to enjoy the bickering and actually
Susannah Nix
Jul 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored-by-me

★☆★ NOW LIVE!!! ★☆★
APPLIED ELECTROMAGNETISM is available everywhere! This forced proximity road trip romance is the perfect summer read.
AMAZON ➤ https://amzn.to/2GpJV1E
APPLE ➤ https://apple.co/2XI1jWA
B&N ➤ http://bit.ly/2v9i1lv
KOBO ➤ http://bit.ly/2IrCSsV
GOOGLE PLAY ➤ http://bit.ly/2DmUAtt
Brenda Brown
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Adam and Olivia's story had everything I love in an enemies-to-lovers romance, and the chemistry between these two was off the charts. Highly highly recommend!
Janelle
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It's... okay? The heroine starts off as a bit of a sop, which is deliberate, but also annoying. The hero is bland grumpy dude with a heart of gold. Really, the most interesting character in the whole story is the weather.

Still, it's tough to regret a few hours spent in a Nix romance.
Lauren
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

I LOVED this book. Olivia and Adam were such a great match, and I loved their banter. They were such different people, but they fit together despite their pasts and preconceived notions of the other person. I'll start this review by saying: I know nothing about science or math or computers or anything even remotely resembling Adam and Olivia's jobs. They were talking and I had no clue what some of it meant, but it w
Thenia
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
The story of a business trip from hell that brings Olivia and her crush/nemesis together.

Adam has just (view spoiler), when the two are ordered to take a business trip together.

Olivia, who has been pretending to be a lot nicer than she really is at work, doesn't feel the need to do that with Adam anymore, so the two finally start getting to know each other wi
Escape_in_a_Book
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers workplace romance. Forced into awkward shared quarters due to a larger than life Texas storm, these two sort through their misconceptions about one another. I love a well developed heroine with the smart is sexy vibe about her. Olivia’s frustrations with the double standards in her work place treatment and others impressions of her due to being female, well it’s like the author had a window into my memories of working in a predominantly male field. 🤯 Such ...more
Tiggress47
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
This was one fun, sweet, rollercoaster ride!

I loved how true to life this is for women in the tech industry.

And the intellectual bantering! The one about real vs make-believe had me grinning from ear to ear. I've had these arguments. I just wasn't as well spoken as Olivia. I wanted to copy down all her points and share them with my friends.
Miramanee
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. Love. This. Series. And. I. Need. More.
Anna
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, kindle-reads
Received an ARC for an honest review!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I love everything Susannah Nix writes. It could be because her characters are relatable or because her writing style is so comforting and familiar, but whatever the reasons may be, I will never turn down a Susannah Nix book, no matter what.

And like with the rest of the Chemistry Lessons books, this one was beautiful. Olivia and Adam are such interesting characters and the relationship they have right from the start is
Leigh Kramer
Susannah Nix is back with her delightful Chemistry Lessons series. If forced proximity is your thing, this is the book for you! The bulk of the book takes place over the course of a couple of days while Adam and Olivia are out of town for work. I hope I never have their bad travel luck (speaking of, don’t start this while you’re on a plane) but at least they had each other. They had such crackling chemistry and it was a relief when they finally got together. The scene of them kissing in the rain ...more
celene
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
abandoned the books im reading for this, did not regret a thing <3

thought u should know:
-grumpy/sunshine trope (but the sunshine part,,, is not what it seems,,,hmm?) so yeah opposites attract trope <3
-when he calls her by her last name,,,, yeah,,, that’s hot,,,
-theyre so flippin cute like???? 😩
-adam cortinas,,,, i am looking,,,, 👁👄👁
-colleague romance <3
-adhd rep
-the way they act like a married couple when they werent even together yet <3
-there’s only one bed trope <3
-the twenty questions scene u
Laurie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
In "Applied Electromagnetism," Olivia Woerner and Adam Cortinas are colleagues forced together on the road trip from hell when they are assigned to work together to bring their company's newly acquired power plant online. I'm a sucker for a good road trip story, and when combined with a dash of office romance and a touch of enemies-to-lovers thrown in for good measure, the result is delightful. Adam and Olivia make for incredibly likeable, endearingly awkward, and relatable protagonists, and I l ...more
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
I didn‘t round up, because I didn‘t really connect with the characters. But I really like some parts and was entertained by the rest, so it was still a satisfying read.
Prerana
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it! This was just the perfect cute romance. I want to read all of Susannah Nix's books. And I'm out.
Rebecca Parker
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**NOTE: I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

I've only truly gotten into the romance genre over the past year or so (the escape the genre gives me from real life seems like a survival strategy more than anything lately), and I've read a lot of different romance authors, but Nix is far and away my favorite. Every new book of hers feels comfortable and familiar, but not in a boring way.

Here's what you get with this book (and all of Nix's books): a smart heroine. I
Ruth
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Applied Electromagnetism is the long-awaited (to me, at any rate) fourth novel in Susannah Nix’s Chemistry Lessons series, all featuring geeky heroines working in STEM. The science part, I cannot relate to, but the way these heroines geek out over everything from Doctor Who to Star Trek? – RELATABLE. I devoured the first three books in this series last year and feared Nix had moved on to writing other fiction, and so was THRILLED when Olivia and Adam’s story was announced. If enemies-to-lovers o ...more
Olga Godim
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Adam and Olivia work for the same electrical company. Olivia is infatuated with Adam, until he refuses to give her a reference for a promotional course she wants to take. Afterwards, she is seriously pissed at him.
When they’re both sent to Texas to do a job together, it turns into a road trip from hell. Or rather a business trip from hell. Everything that could go wrong for our heroes does, except the work they were sent to do. Their plane gets detoured. Their rental car gets a flat tire. A hea
Julia Wolf
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susannah Nix is one of my favorite authors, and she hasn't steered me wrong yet. Applied Electromagnetism may have taken over my top spot for favorite book by her, but I might just have to go back and read the rest of them again to make sure.

Adam, the hero, is grumpy AF. I love a grumpy hero, and Susannah Nix writes them with aplomb. And the best part of the way she writes is that there is always an underlying kindness behind the grump. I never feel unsafe for the heroine.

Olivia is fantastic. I
Amelia Autin
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The queen of witty, super-smart heroines does it again!

I don't know how Susannah Nix does it (well, yes I do, actually, but it's super difficult). I giggle-snorted my way through the entire book...except when my heart was breaking for Olivia and Adam. Humor and heart has to be the toughest type of romance to write, but Ms. Nix has done it again. Applied Electromagnetism is the 4th book in the Chemistry Lessons series, and it's another winner.

I love witty, intelligent heroines who are (gasp!) sma
Brittany
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haley Dauel
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 4.5/5 stars! My only complaint is that it wasn’t longer! It was such a good take on the enemies to lovers romance. I was so excited when I got approved for this ARC and I’m so glad I got to read it. I absolutely loved it! It was a slow burn, but it wasn’t boring or too drawn out. I didn’t lose interest like I have before, I was constantly wanting to know what was going to happen next. There was a lot of back and forth between the h and H, but it was believable.

Olivia was faced w
Francesca
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for this Arc Susannah Nix!

So, I read all of S.N. books and I can say that I loved them all. This one is no different.
Adam Cortinas is the golden boy of the independent power producer company Olivia Woerner works for. She has a little crush on him. She decides to ask him for a reference for the for a Course, an opportunity for her professional growth.
Adam harshly says no.
And she and Adam are sent by their bosses in Texas to complete an impossible job.
I like a slow-burn enemy to lovers
Jill Hart
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susannah Nix is an auto-buy author for me and so when I was offered the chance to review her newest novel, Applied Electromagnetism, I jumped at the chance. This one is enemies-to-lovers, which is always a good time.

One of the things that I love most about Nix’s stories is that they are filled with smart, kick-ass heroines. Applied Electromagnetism is no different. In fact, I think Olivia might be my new favorite main character in Nix’s Chemistry Lessons series. Olivia starts off smart, but unsu
Jess
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
***i voluntarily read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*** I really enjoy this series. I like smart characters doing smart things and falling in love. Olivia and Adam were no different. I enjoyed the slow burn and the quick fall. There is really great character development. It's insanely enjoyable. I really felt what the characters were feeling.

Adam and Olivia really dislike each other and ironically get stuck together on a business trip. There's lots of witty banter once they
Darcy Speed
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This light romance centres around co-workers, Adam and Olivia, who find themselves travelling together for work. There are many hiccups along the way, including travel issues (aka Planes, Trains and Automobiles), weather, and sexual tension. Susannah Nix has a way of creating endearing characters worth rooting for. Both Adam and Olivia have depth and nuances not always seen in a fun, romantic comedy. The story moves smoothly, without any uncomfortable or lagging plot lines. I absolutely loved it ...more
Bookgyrl
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: office-romance
So, my first Susannah Nix book and yes, I liked it!

Olivia and Adam work for the same company and she has a secret crush on him. But he is silent and aloof and the golden boy while she - as a woman - has to fight for her status. When the company acquires a new power plant the board expects Adam - and Olivia - to get the plant up and running in just four days. It is clear Adam doesn't want Olivia on the trip. The journey to Texas and the plant does not go as planned and they have to take a road t
H.B. Jasick
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will make you blush, it will make you laugh, and it will make your chest tighten with everything Adam says and does. I could really relate to Olivia, and this made me feel exactly how she felt from beginning to end. These two had undeniable chemistry. I couldn’t imagine these two any other way. This book was amazing, the plot was addictive, and everything wrapped up into something completely unforgettable! I wish he was real, and I wish I could be her! An absolute must read!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Replace placeholder book cover 4 19 Jun 13, 2019 11:15AM

• Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Kissing Galileo (Dear Professor, #2)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Ship of Fools (Fandom Hearts, #6)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Geektastic (Dorky Duet Book 2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
Susannah Nix is a RITA® Award-winning author of contemporary romance who is best known for her Chemistry Lessons series featuring heroines who work in STEM fields. She currently lives in Texas with her husband, two ornery cats, and a flatulent pit bull.

Chemistry Lessons (5 books)
  • Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons, #1)
  • Intermediate Thermodynamics (Chemistry Lessons, #2)
  • Advanced Physical Chemistry (Chemistry Lessons, #3)
  • Experimental Marine Biology (Chemistry Lessons, #5)

News & Interviews

“Her preferred strategy was to prepare people for the worst, then hopefully deliver more than they were expecting.” 0 likes
“The halls of IT history were littered with the bodies of people who thought something would be fine when it wasn’t, and the stakes were high because it was power.” 0 likes