Start by marking “My Whorizontal Life: An Escort's Tale: The First Six Months” as Want to Read:
My Whorizontal Life: An Escort's Tale: The First Six Months

My Whorizontal Life: An Escort's Tale: The First Six Months

ONE WOMAN.
TWO LIVES.
OH SO MANY MEN.
One at a time (mostly).

My whorizontal Life is the true story of a naïve, empathic young woman driven by her desire for fantasy and romance, fearful of the ‘real world,’ who dreams of finding true love and becoming an actress extraordinaire. As poverty and debt overwhelm her, she takes what she thinks will be a very limited leap into t
Published May 1st 2019 by Redwood Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Whorizontal Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Whorizontal Life

Lost in a Book Review
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was kindly sent this book by the author, Sephe Haven. In exchange for an honest review.

I was a bit sceptical about reviewing this book as I was worried about the content.  I was pleasantly surprised. The book is very well written and is full of emotion. You're pulled straight into the story and you're fully wrapped up in what's going on.  You feel nervous as you're reading about Sephe's encounters and also you feel empathy for some of her clients too.

The book has opened my eyes to the "underg
David
“A Surprise”
I got the book, got about halfway through and I couldn’t put it down- but I had to go to a meeting—and honestly I needed a break - so many emotions - smiling - laughing - crying 😢 - thoughts 🤓 - Not much work done yesterday—but I read the book in two sittings.

Initially, the cover caught my eye and I was curious about the subject and the clever title “My Whorizontal Life: An Escort's Tale: The First Six Sex Months “ caught my attention.

This is truly a unique story and gives a perspect
Felis Stella
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. It was going to be my summer read, but I have no self control so it was inhaled in one day, with a glass of wine and a box of tissues. This book is not just a series of salacious and laugh-out-loud hilarious tales of an escort's adventures (although most of the chapters will leave you in stitches). It is at once engaging and relatable story with big heart. I never thought that I would relate to the main character/author and figured I would just be a passive voyeur, but I so ...more
Martha Thompson
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This compelling story is told with great humor, honesty and tenderness. Sephe is a survivor who ventures into the world of "escorting" out of desperation, but discovers surprising rewards. She creatively makes her way through every strange new challenge and is able to find wonder and delight. Her fascinating stories taught me a lot about this profession and helped me understand how and why some people get good at it and find fulfillment. I'm looking forward to her next book!!
Heather Sandlin
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first saw Sephe Haven when she was doing a standup routine about her life as an actress and escort! I was on the floor laughing! I was so happy to hear that she wrote a book describing her escapades. I felt a roller coaster of emotions as I read each chapter. I finished her book in two sittings and I can’t wait to read the next installment! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
Jane Alcala
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While Sephe Haven had me at "tale of an escort," I had no idea I was in for a gifted writer's journey to seek an extraordinary life. And it's jaw-dropping! The twists and turns in this story are phenomenal, as are Sephe’s wit, warmth and literary flair. I was astonished by her ability to endure extreme isolation, exhaustion, discomfort, scorn, disgust and fear to keep herself afloat and win her golden ticket. There's also much depth here: her astute observations about two worlds few walk in at t ...more
Brenna Kaye
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed (and transported)! This was an intimate voyage into the heart and lifestyle of a beginning call girl who found meaning and purpose in taking the "sex business" to another level, beyond the transactional. She elevated it to an art, a healing practice, all the while observing all the nuances of the characters in her life with a trained actress' eye. The writing is clear, evocative and fresh, both heartbreaking at times and then funny, such a strong voice. Dying to find out what happens nex ...more
Rachel Parker
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compassion.

After a satisfying two sittings, I've walked away from this book with more compassion. For escorts. For the people who seek them out. For humankind.

Sephe Haven's account of the events leading up to her choice to become and to remain an escort in New York City after grad school at Juilliard is startlingly honest. I've had to recalibrate my own perceptions - and acknowledge my own biases - surrounding sex work because of her story, which is told with such humor, courage, and levity.
Peyton
Jun 29, 2019
E McDonald
Jul 10, 2019
1 follower
SEPHE HAVEN is an actress from a really fine drama school who took a break to pay off her student loans and lost track of time. Eventually she began telling stories, doing stand up, and writing this memoir. She has chosen to remain under a pen name so she can talk freely about the times she spent doing the work of love and pleasure.