Start by marking “The Other Side” as Want to Read:

Denver, Colorado
1987

There are two sides to every story.
The surface reality that’s presented to the world.
And then there’s the other side.
The real one.
The one that matters.

Seventeen-year-old, self-proclaimed asshole, Toby Page, is alone.
No friends.
No family.
He trades maintenance work in exchange for room and board.
Every day he fights demons no one else can see.
Every day he
Published June 5th 2019 by Do Epic LLC

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jun 06, 2019
    This is a story to remind you that you aren't alone. I see you. I'd love to gift ten kindle copies to ten lovely readers. Thank you!

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 512 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jun 16 - Jun 28, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Other Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Side

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
    *****FIVE+++++++ STARS*****
    {ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Her outstretched arms are an invitation that I gladly walk into. I hug her. The hug lasts minutes. It’s more than an embrace—it’s apologies for the past and promises for the future. It’s solace, and safety, and reassurance, and friendship, and want, and need, and acceptance, and forgiveness. It’s contentment. It’s love.

I’m completely blown away by this incredibly poignant and exquisitely written story. ”THE OTHER SIDE” deals with very
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    4 STARS

This isn't an easy book to review,I don't want to give anything away.You should go to this blind because it's better!This one really touched me, it's an emotional and heartbreaking story.I don't think I will be soon ok after reading this one!

I had tears in my eyes and still thinking about it, even though I wasn't hooked from the first pages I find it amazing.The Other Side is raw,realistic and heavy.

It's a must read and I'm sure once you read it you will think about it for days!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bed time/lights out/out comes the ipad!! New to me Author!! So super excited to start this tonight!!
    B.N. Toler
    May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Another exceptional novel from Kim Holden that you do not want to miss.

I dare say, there is not a person alive that cannot in some way relate to this book. And that's why this novel is so good. It's deep, it's raw, and it's real. Kim wrote one story intertwined with many stories and seamlessly wove it all together. She challenges our perceptions of the world, of people, of what we think we know about life.

I fell in love with our hero who carried so much pain, yet did his best to show kindness t
    Donna B
    Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I don’t care which genre you prefer , this is a must read! Intense and thought provoking. This story is so necessary in this day and time. It’s raw and so real. Unforgettable, heavy content. It’s been 2 1/2 years since Kim’s last book and it was so worth the wait. It’s obvious that she put her blood , sweat , and tears in this book.
    See you On The Other Side ❤
    Jennie Simpson
    Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I don’t know how, but she always manages to write an amazing book that sucks me in every time. I think what makes TOS so special is Kim’s ability to be raw and real with a mental illness that is often not talked about or is misdiagnosed. Trust me, you will love Toby! True to Holden’s form, she surrounds the main character with a brilliant, complex, witty, and lovable supporting cast that adds immense depth and flavor to the storyline. Must read book!
    Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
    May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019-top-fave
    One of the best books I have ever read. This is Kim Holden's best book yet. Deeply moving and simply breathtaking... your emotions will run the gamut and you won't know what hits you as you flip pages, devouring this book. An unforgettable journey that will touch your heart and soul, that will restore faith in human kindness and will make you feel loved and that you matter. Kim has a gift of speaking to the reader that is just so touching and real... this is a book that you will never forget. &l ...more
    Cathy
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This is a powerful and beautifully written story. It was not an easy read, and I had to take breaks because the subject matter is one that deserves time to absorb.

Toby has been told repeatedly that he is worthless, and lives with guilt after a catastrophic loss, yet he is still a good person. His story is beautiful and heart-breaking, the romance is secondary and almost incidental to the story of all the people in this house and how their lives are interwoven and affected by the actions of other
    Ellie

Wow. Just, wow.
    Bloody amazing, this.
    It's been ages since I read anything that moved me, anything I liked without reservation. A worthy book was long overdue, but this one was all the things.

It's been longer since I encountered someone who deserves the title of 'author.' Ms. Holden is not a mere writer, she's a master at the craft.

Read.this.book, folks. Just do it. This story needs to be read. It's a proper best-seller. It's unique, not because similar stories have been written before,
    Talon
    Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
    You can almost always leave it to Kim to provide you with an emotional story that leaves lots of incredible imprints on you along the way. And different kinds at that! They're not all the same. The Other Side is no different from Bright Side, All of It, and even Gus. Once you finish this story-- you will be left breathless.

The best part of this book was the EXCELLENT story line and plot placement. When I say that, I'm talking about the POVs that we get along the way and the way that Kim structur
    Joy
    Such a touching, thought provoking, relevant story. There are two sides to every story and though you may know how any given situation affects you it's impossible to know how it affects others, how YOU affect others. Toby's story has you hoping and praying that someone, anyone can change his perception of himself. After his mother does the damage Toby is left in a world where he creates barriers to avoid connections but still has a heart of gold to make a difference if even for a little while. H ...more
    Constance
    Shelves: favorites
    Amazing... Loved every word.
    Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
    Such an emotional and powerful read. Full RTC.
    Katie
    Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Such a great book! The words were true and everything about it made you think, think about others and what they are going through. You can be the most helpful, but sometimes you just need someone there to help you!
    Louisa
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Why do I read?  I like to read escape into the life of a billionaire who falls in love with his secretary. Sometimes to observe a girl as she falls in love with her best friends brother, these books take me into a world that isn't my reality (no billionaire husband here!), but every once in a while I read a book that changes me, makes me a better person. Kim Holden is now someone who's done that twice, lightning strikes twice with The Other Side. I finished Bright Side with a renewed sense of l
    Kim Markett
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Kim’s writing is full of insight and understanding with this story. It’s a message to provide hope. To offer kindred thoughts to a topic that is difficult to endure.

I really didn’t sense how depressed Toby was. I understood it, I just didn’t feel it... He went on and on about his guilt and sadness but I really didn’t connect with it. But I did connect with his character because he was written with such detail and fierceness that I could picture him sitting beside me and I wanted to hold him and
    Hazel James
    Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book is nothing short of incredible. Kim Holden isn't afraid of tackling heavy topics, but not without a heavy dose of inspiration along with it. The other side is a must-read and should be a staple in high school libraries.
    Lady Westfall
    Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "I think sometimes we take people for granted…or we just assume that they know how we feel about them because if it’s so obvious to us, shouldn’t it be obvious to them too? I know now that people don’t know…they can’t know…unless we tell them. Because saying it, or hearing it, can literally be the difference between life and death."

My tears are literally still drying and I'm sick (literally as well). I'm off work today so had the time to finish this beautiful book. ❤

Kim Holden did it again. Ther
    Darlene Avery
    Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Every now and then we are fortunate enough to fall into a book that our souls need; whether we realize it or not.

I started The Other Side by Kim Holden without even reading the blurb. I just knew it was Kim’s writing and that she always captivates me.

Guess what?! She went above any expectations I could ever have imagined.

I actually messaged her while ago and told her from the depths of my being that I needed this book more than I realized.

I actually feel lighter after experiencing all the feels
    Erica S.
    Shelves: 2019-books
    The Other Side is a book that will touch your soul and never let go! It's raw, real, emotional and very eye opening.

There are so many things about this book I want to scream from the rooftops about but you need to go in with no spoilers. Just absorb Kim's phenomenal story telling because it's all consuming!

These characters are everything. Their stories will break your heart completely. I do promise that it will be mended back together in the end with minor cracks left behind.

Here are a couple o
    Konny
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    The Other Side by Kim Holden is a full length, standalone romance novel. The book deals with sensitive subjects and is not for the faint of heart. Consider you warned.
    Meet Toby Page. He's a 17 year ols senior at highschool and his life wasn't an easy one. He has no family left and works odd jobs to make ends meet. He's all alone and to make matters worse, he's battling a mental illness. He fights his demons day after day.
    And then a new tenant moves in , Alice Eliot. She's his ray of sunshine in
    Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
    As I sit here trying to write this review thru the tears running down my face the only thing that comes to my mind is that Kim Holden ability to write such heart wrenching story never ceases to amaze me. I loved the suspense and raw conclusion to this story. I never thought that she would be able to write about like Bright side that was able to bring so many emotions from me (Tears! Lots and lots of tears!)yet leaving me so happy and content with the ending but she did. Yet another book by this ...more
    Kimberley
    Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kim Holden has such a way with words!

Like your favorite blanket, or warm drink, her words wrap around you, snuggle in your heart and make you feel all kinds of wonderful things and smile through tears!

She publishes and I 1-click!!

You won't regret spending time with her words!!!!!
    Anne OK
    Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    A breathtaking gut-punch! Life doesn’t get more profoundly real than this. Pulsating with a deep undertow of dread, yet ultimately moving, this unsettling novel is brought to life by Kim Holden. Feelings of brokenness may be more common than we can even imagine. Great stories expose our flaws and struggles. This is what makes them inspiring. Books are a powerful way to shed light on all parts of the human experience. Holden weaves fact and fiction together seamlessly, and the end result is enlig ...more
    Ri
    Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If there is one thing that I can count on with this author it is her innate ability to make me feel. I had to stop numerous times to suck in my breath or wipe a tear as I muttered, "sweet holy hell" just to get my emotions in check. This book hit home to me for a plethora of reasons. I am not sure if it was the timeframe that this was written because I was Toby's age, the music which was all familiar with, or the actual thoughts that Toby experienced. It was all just familiar and it felt like ho ...more
    Readingtilthebreakofdawn
    Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This was a book that I needed to process a little bit before writing a review. And any review that I put into my own words will not do this book justice. This book is something I believe we all need to hear, to see and to listen to. We all need to know we aren't alone. And we all should see that there is two sides to every story. But that other side is very hard to see for some people.

"The most important time to listen is when words are missing, that's when hearts cry out the loudest."

Toby...wha
    Cyndi Marie
    Shelves: 2019
    I want to give this book 10 stars! For me this book hit home in a completely different way than I think it will most people. I expect to see a lot of comments from people who know the way Toby felt in this book but I am the opposite. I don't know this feeling and find I am sometimes unsympathetic toward people because I don't understand it but this book showed me and explained to me how someone can seem one way and feel a different way. I needed that lesson!

Toby's story is heartbreaking but it i
    Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
    Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    5 Cranky Stars

I firmly believe Kim Holden is some sort of mind reading magical fairy who puts out books exactly when we need to hear the words the most. Bright Side came out during a difficult time in my life when I was struggling to accept my illness and now The Other Side came out when I was struggling with my darkness. The Other Side gave you hope it was a steady reminder that you are enough.

Toby drowned in the darkness. The voices in his head told him everyday he wasn’t good enough. His upb
    Maureen Mayer
    Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book... My god, this book... It nearly broke me.

Every time I finish a book by Kim Holden, I’m left speechless. How can one person evoke so many emotions through a single story? There aren’t many I can say this about, but I feel like she truly just gets people, straight down to the very core of what makes them...them.

Toby. God, just thinking about him, I want to cry! He might try to come across as an asshole, but there is so much more to him than meets the eye. He has a beautiful soul, one
    Brenna
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kim Holden writes literary magic. She has a voice that should be heard by everyone, and this book is no exception. The pure emotion, rawness, and vulnerability that bled onto the pages could be someone’s lifeline. An answer to their cry for help (even if they’re just crying on the inside). Kim writes about something that everyone needs to feel life free to voice...the struggles of depression.

Now, I’m lucky enough not to constantly face, and battle, the bitch that is depression, on a daily basis.
    « previous 1 3 4 5 next »
    Young Adult Conte...: The Other Side by Kim Holden - Starting June 13, 2019 32 10 1 hour, 37 min ago
    Some of my favorite things: reading, writing, the two coolest guys on the planet (my husband and son), my bicycle (my husband built it for me), Facebook (I'm fairly certain it's an addiction at this point), iced coffee (hazelnut), and music (LOVE Sunset Sons, the 1975, Dredg, the xx, Balance and Composure, Teenage Bottlerocket, and 30 Seconds to Mars). I also love dreaming, which brings me to my n ...more
    “The most important time to listen is when words are missing, that’s when hearts cry out the loudest.” 0 likes
    “Inquisitive, quietly observing and sifting through people’s actions and words to decide if what someone projected on the outside matched who they were on the inside. It’s unnerving how perceptive he is.” 0 likes