Start by marking “The Tether (The ELI Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tether (The ELI Chronicles, #2)

The Tether

(The ELI Chronicles #2)

“Beauty and the Beast meets Dracula in this tension-filled sequel with a strong female lead.”

Ruby Spencer hasn’t slept in nine years.

Which makes her dream-like visitor more peculiar. Liora, an alluring immortal, professes to know the source of Ruby’s unique blood: blood that saved humankind from a bioweapon; blood that enabled her to become the government’s warrior against
Published April 23rd 2019 by Julia Ash

To ask other readers questions about The Tether, please sign up.

Miranda Reads
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

A shudder raced down her spine.
Something was coming...
Ruby Spencer has surprised the world over and over.

She was the one (and only) human to be immune to the zombie apocalypse and nine years ago, she was transformed into a vampire (thanks to a unhinged genius).

She settled back into her "old" life but unfortunately, the past has a habit of creeping up on you.
I merely wish to convey that your service to our kind has been a grave disappointment.
Ruby soon learns that she is not th
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

The ELI Chronicles Series
#1 The One and Only - ★★★★
#2 The Tether - ★★★★

As soon as I read The One and Only, the first book of the ELI Chronicles, I knew I had to finish the series. When Julia Ash reached out to me, letting me know the second book, The Tether, is available for review – I obviously jumped at the opportunity!M/i>

It took me a bit to get to it due to my busy schedule, but once I finally got my hands on The Tether and started readi
Darce
**free copy provided in exchange for an honest review**

The Tether took a very different turn to it's predecessor, The One and Only. The Tether took a more paranormal, fantasy theme - and I really enjoyed the change of genre.

The Tether continues on from The One and Only, but 9 years in the future, with Gabby as a very sweet and competent child who can now walk and talk! However, Ruby is frozen in time a vampire, with Clay aging every day but Ruby remaining the appearance of 27. Clay doesn't appro
C.K. Wiles
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia Ash has done it again with, The Tether, the second book in the Eli Chronicles. In this story, Ruby is adjusting to her life as a supernatural being and all the perks and challenges that come with that. When The King of Darkness appears, Ruby’s world is shaken, creating some tough decisions for her to make in order to save her family and humanity.

Ash’s talent as a storyteller and world builder, shines through in this page-turner. Her characters, including the villain, have depth, which mak
Marie
First I want to say that the author, Julia Ash, provided me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Ruby Spencer is back! Nine years have come and gone since Ruby debuted on the scene, but she is not the same woman she once was in the previous book as she has new abilities that make her far more superior now.

Ruby has unique vampire blood running through her veins which makes her a very formidable opponent in any given situation. Little does she know that she is not one of a kind a
Parker McIntosh
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really fun sequel in the series. We go from semi-plausible zombie/vampire infection to full blown new world inhabited by ancient vampires. The world building is done well and puts you right in the thick of the new planet. The politics between the warring factions was fun, and if anything I would have enjoyed more of that intrigue. Overall similar cast but very different overall and a lot of different areas to explore going forward. Excited for book three!
Brooke Witherow
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the sequel I was waiting for! It was great to see Ruby come into her own and kick a**! This book resides more in the realm of fantasy than the first, but with the same great notes of intrigue, action, and horror that the first book gave us. I’d love to see a pure horror book from this author at some point because man can she write a creepy and tense scene.

I loved several characters and then was distraught as I had to watch them go through the wringer. Some make it, some don’t... tears
Sheila Beaumont
Wow. I started reading this science fiction/fantasy thriller yesterday afternoon, and I never expected to finish it today, but I could not put the book down!

Julia Ash's first novel, The One and Only, was an unusual, atypical zombie tale, unlike any I've read before. And this one is an unconventional and original vampire thriller with both science fiction and dark fantasy elements, as well as fairy-tale-like themes, unlike any vampire story I've ever read. I never would have expected a vampire pl
Bekki
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I finished this book a couple of days ago......I couldn't put it down! I had to wait until I had time to give it the review it deserves!

I have to admit to being somewhat cynical when it comes to vampire novels. Nine times out of ten I feel like I’ve read the story before and maybe, I have read it all before – usually better the first time around. So when I started this series with The One and Only last year, I was surprised how quickly it grabbed me! The inspirational spark is elusive and M
J.J. Falco
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With The Tether, Julia Ash has infused her sci-fi thriller series with a hefty dose of myth building and a bit of good old fairy tale. While I'm not big into fairy tales, The Tether told an entertaining story with unambiguous morality while retaining enough of the sci-fi/political thriller elements begun in The One and Only to keep me thoroughly engaged and excited to see where things go from here.

Ash's characterizations are spot-on. No one in a Julia Ash story is forgettable. New characters are
Charlene
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but I love this one and would have picked it up even if I hadn't read the first book! I really liked The One and Only but thought this one was even better--a little less sci-fi and more fantasy. In this story readers learn more about Ruby's history as Ash introduces another planet and a new villain for Ruby to face. Quality writing and a story full of twists. I was happy to see evil genius Emory Bradshaw make an appearance and loved the way ...more
David Humphrey
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Julia Ash does it again!
Set several years after the events of The One and Only, Ruby Spencer is still struggling with her new vampiric powers in a rebuilt America.
The sudden appearance of a new and deadly enemy has devastating repercussions for Ruby and her family in shocking ways as she learns secrets about her past.
Ruby travels to a distant world and is caught in the middle of a perpetual war between good and evil.
A very different story from the previous one, so don’t expect a lazy retread
Nicole Howell
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia Ash is a phenomenal writer with her Eli series. I enjoyed getting to learn about Ruby's vampirism. The first book is an Ace of a story about the apocalypse. We get to find out how she has been living her last 9 years as a vampire. She learns that she was given Vampire Blood when she was born and that's how she survived and became the one and only. We meet new characters including Zagan the vampire king and her battle against him for the human race. I love Julia Ash's novels. Very much look ...more
Jodi Hardwick
Kenny england
Jul 19, 2019
Kristie
Jul 19, 2019
JULIA ASH is the author of a dark-fantasy series, The ELI Chronicles, which includes THE ONE AND ONLY (April 2018), THE TETHER (April 2019), and THE TURNING POINT (planned for release in the spring of 2020).

As a realist with a passion for the fantastical, Ash enjoys reading and writing fresh twists involving monsters in literature (zombies, vampires, and werewolves).

She lives with her husband Ric

The ELI Chronicles (2 books)
  • The One and Only (The ELI Chronicles, #1)