Start by marking “Lion's Head Revisited (Dan Sharp mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Lion's Head Revisited (Dan Sharp mystery, #7)

Lion's Head Revisited

(Dan Sharp Mystery #7)

A case brings PI Dan Sharp to the northern Ontario wilderness, where he has to face his own dark past.

When a four-year-old autistic boy disappears on a camping trip, his mother is reluctant to involve the police. Instead, she calls in private investigator Dan Sharp after a ransom demand arrives.

On investigating, Dan learns there are plenty of people who might be
Published February 1st 2020 by Dundurn

To ask other readers questions about Lion's Head Revisited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lion's Head Revisited

Start your review of Lion's Head Revisited (Dan Sharp mystery, #7)
Carolyn
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5* stars.
This is the second book I have read in 2019 featuring Dan Sharp, a gay private detective. He specializes in finding lost persons. Jeffrey Round’s mystery novels have won Lambda awards, for books which celebrate or explore LGBT themes. His mystery novels give gay readers a chance to be represented in crime fiction, but would give most everyone some insight into the gay community while reading this gripping, thrilling mystery. The author builds suspense and tension, while presenting
Philip
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually take breaks from my 2020 Arthur Ellis entries reading project to read the latest releases by favourite authors and this book is the latest release in Jeffrey Round’s fine Dan Sharp series. I sure am glad I read it because I found it a very enjoyable read and it possibly ranks as one of the best yet in the series. Although this book has a great main plot and lot’s of suspects and the usual Dan Sharp persistent investigation and some really surprising twists it also is very character ...more
Joyce
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This is the story of the kidnapping of a four-year old autistic boy. The two women who are his mothers and his biological father are beside themselves with worry. They go to Private Investigator Dan Sharp with their story and that they have received a very odd request from the kidnapper. He wants a “donation,” instead of asking for a ransom. Later he says he demands a million dollars.

Dan is on the case. With the assistance of his boyfriend Nick, who is a detective with the local police,
LenaRibka
4,5 stars

Dan Sharp series is a MUST read for all gay mystery's fan. (And I swear, the MUST , written in big letters wasn't my intention, that did my tablet on its own, a very smart device, by the way, it knows my taste and it can recognize the high quality ).

Because we are talking about the book #7 in the series, some readers would probably like to know, if it is nesseserily to start the series from the very beginning. As much as I prefer you to do it in the right order, I think you can read
 Reading Divergence
Private Investigator Dan Sharp of Toronto is like a flaming arrow of justice. This man is unstoppable. He won't let go until a case is truly closed out, and this time, such determination could result in a fatal outcome. Dan is asked to take on a parallel investigation into the kidnapping while camping of an autistic three-year-old, but the facts are buried deeply and are immensely tangled. It's recommended to read this one between AFTER THE HORSES and THE GOD GAME.
Qukatheg
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copy
I received this book for free through NetGalley.

Lion’s Head Revisited by Jeffrey Round is a mystery, part of the Dan Sharp Mystery series, but it can be read as a standalone without any issues. It’s not dark or noir, but not exactly cosy either. I would call a it a moody book, set partly in the Canadian wilderness and partly in Toronto, with a serious topic and a Private Investigator who has flashbacks of unhappy memories related to the area this investigation is taking place.

PI Dan Sharp is
Kurtis Mcdowell
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
**FULL DISCLOSURE** I received an ARC of, this story for review purposes. The author requested a review, but made no conditions for it. I am writing this review based solely on my enjoyment of this story in particular, and the author's writing overall.

Lion’s Head Revisited by Jeffrey Round is the 7th book in the Dan Sharp Mystery series, but it can be read as a standalone without any issues. Dan Sharp is a private investigator and he is called in to work on the kidnapping of a young boy. There
Kathy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Lion's Head Revisited by Jeffrey Round is a multi-layered mystery that is quite compelling. Although this newest release is the seventh novel in the Dan Sharpe Mystery series, it can be read as a standalone.

Private Investigator Dan Sharpe's new clients bring him what should be a straight-forward investigation. Janice Bentham's four year old autistic son Jeremy has been kidnapped and a ransom demand has been made. She is accompanied by her girlfriend Ashley Lake and friend Eli Gestner
Charlotte
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, mystery
This was a solid, well-written mystery! This book is part of a series, but I haven't read the previous ones and I still found this very enjoyable. I'm certain there is a lot more interesting history of the characters in previous installments so I'd suggest going back to the beginning and reading if you're interested in a great mystery series!

Dan Sharp is a private investigator and he's called in to work on the kidnapping of a young boy. There are lots of interesting supporting characters in this
Grace Koshida
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Jeremy, a four-year-old autistic boy disappears on a camping trip in the Georgian Bay area, his mother Janice is reluctant to involve the police. But Janice, her partner Ashley and Jeremy's biological father Eli call in gay PI Dan Sharp after a ransom demand arrives. Dan quickly learns there are plenty of people who might be responsible for the kidnapping: Janice's ex-husband Dennis who wrongly believed the boy was his son; the boy’s surrogate mother Sarah who is now a drug addict; Jeremy's ...more
Jaclyn
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good, solid mystery. The reveal was far more complicated than I expected, and I didn't expect the ID of the ultimate baddie, but the mystery was satisfyingly twisty. I also liked the subplots with Dan's friends and family (e.g. His BFF Donny not liking his BF Nick).

The story of Sandy -- a dog Dan's parents made him abandon when he was a kid -- made me really sad.
Neil Plakcy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-mysteries
Another very solid mystery by Jeffrey Round. Dan Sharp is an intriguing character, and Round does a great job of situating him in his personal life, and of making this case matter to him. The settings in Toronto and out in the country are very evocative, and the case is appealing.
Morwen
Andrew Reid
Dec 17, 2019
Alexis Ames
Dec 26, 2019

• Land of Wolves (Walt Longmire, #15)
  • Graveyard Shift (Hope Sze medical crime novel 7)
  • Carved in Bone (Henry Rios Novels #2)
  • Egg Drop Dead (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Here Comes the Body (A Catering Hall Mystery #1)
  • Evidence of Uncertain Origin
  • Simply the Best (Dale Hunter Thrillers, #2)
  • Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)
  • Operation Vanished: A Crime Thriller
  • A Striking Similarity: Book 1 of The Ottawa Detective Series
  • Social Justice (Wild Justice #2)
  • A Matter of Malice
  • A Fatal Fabergé (Antiques & Collectibles Mysteries Book 8)
  • Bleak Harbor (Bleak Harbor #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Purgatory Bay (Bleak Harbor, #2)
  • Under the Radar (A Zoe Chambers Mystery Book 9)
  • Colombiano
Jeffrey Round is best known as the Lambda Award-winning author of two mystery series, the gritty DAN SHARP books, and the comic BRADFORD FAIRFAX books. He is also an award-winning filmmaker, television producer and song-writer.

SHADOW PUPPET, sixth in the Dan Sharp series, was published in 2019. Margaret Cannon of the Globe and Mail said, "...this is as good a whodunit as we will see this year."

Dan Sharp Mystery (7 books)
  • Lake on the Mountain (Dan Sharp Mystery, #1)
  • Pumpkin Eater (Dan Sharp Mystery, #2)
  • The Jade Butterfly (Dan Sharp Mystery, #3)
  • After the Horses (Dan Sharp Mystery, #4)
  • The God Game (Dan Sharp Mystery, #5)
  • Shadow Puppet (Dan Sharp Mystery , #6)