Start by marking “Curse of the Amber” as Want to Read:
Curse of the Amber

Curse of the Amber

A curse, a resurrection, and a centuries old witch hell bent on revenge.

Quintus is a dutiful son and soldier, sent to Britannia to improve his marriage prospects and ensure the Druids never rise again. Roman soldiers destroyed the last Druid stronghold in a battle of blood and fire. So, he never expects to be sacrificed to their sacred bog, trapped forever by the gods belo
Published May 28th 2019 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Curse of the Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curse of the Amber

InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

There is a solid hook from the very start that no one is able to resist- pulling one in and giving them the ride of their lives.

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Ramona Plant
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Curse of the Amber is an interesting book written by Kathryn Troy. The author came up with a different kind of plot that had me captivated from the very beginning. The plot was unique and different from the books I usually read, which is a huge plus in my eyes. The pace of the book was pretty good with something happening at any given time. The author never rushes you through the story nor does the story ever drag out. One of my favorite parts is that the author focuses on druid magic in this bo ...more
kittykat
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
An ARC copy of this book was received with thanks from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book brings to mind Ichabod Crane from the TV version of Sleepy Hollow and how Abby brought him kicking and screaming (with certain hilarity) into the 21st century! It was a refreshing change from the usual PNR/UF that I'm drawn to and is proof positive that it pays sometimes to push outside of our norms. I've never been particularly enamoured with archaeology, but the small amount of insight
Rebecca
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Azi digs up the body of a Roman soldier during an archaeological expedition and it comes to life. Romance and mild adventure ensues. The beginning was promising. I liked the concept of the book and the scene where Quintus' corpse came back to life was masterfully done. It had a good balance of horror and vulnerability.

The story follows that up with your typical fish-out-of-water hijinks, which were on the mediocre side. There
Dawn Ireland
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing read. The plot was unusual -- fresh, not a stale tale that has been done repeatedly. Kathryn Troy knows how to create characters you'd love to kill, or run away with. The story kept my attention from straying. I couldn't wait to get back to it and was satisfied with the ending. I'm so glad Kathryn gifted this book to me. I would have missed this fascinating read. Highly recommend.
Haley
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into Curse of the Amber not really knowing what to expect but being pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the main characters and felt like the they handled the situations thrown at them realistically and were actually smart! No tstl characters here! The plot itself was super interesting and had its own unique take on it that I haven’t really seen anywhere else. It’d be interesting to see more from this world and I’d recommend giving this one a try.
Denise Taylor
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again, my first thought about this book is that the author had fun writing it and it makes it fun to read. It's ridiculous in a really fun way. It probably won't be winning any pretentious awards, but it's a good light read.
P Diotte
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A captivating novel from beginning to end! The plot was solid, the characters had depth to them (the two main ones at least), and the emotions were believable. I really enjoyed reading this and I will keep an eye out for more from this author!
Amy
Julie
Aug 06, 2019
Ashley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was gifted this book early to review, and I can say I’m was not disappointed. I was not sure what expect having not read a book by Kathryn Troy before. The story was unique and well thought out, though at places a bit rushed. The characters are smart and react to the obstacles presented to them mostly realistically. Saying this I believe a bit more could have been done to show more character growth, or depth. A solid read and would recommend to anyone interested.
Eleanor Margo Byrne