Start by marking “Kahvel, nõid ja lohemadu” as Want to Read:
Kahvel, nõid ja lohemadu

Kahvel, nõid ja lohemadu

(Tales from Alagaësia #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  9,327 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews
Nautige Paolini võrratut fantaasialendu põnevas kogumikus, mis viib teid tagasi „Pärandi“ sarja maailma! Rändaja ja neetud laps. Loitsud ja võluvägi. Ja muidugi lohed.

Tere tulemast tagasi Alagaësia maailma! Sellest, kui Eragon lahkus Alagaësiast, et otsida sobilikku kodu, kus õpetada välja uus Loheratsanike põlvkond, on möödunud aasta. Nüüd maadleb ta lõputu töökuhjaga:
Hardcover, Alagaësia lood, 200 pages
Published May 2019 by Pegasus (first published December 31st 2018)

·  9,327 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews

Start your review of Kahvel, nõid ja lohemadu
Miranda Reads
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

The tales contained in this volume are all true, and every one is false. I leave it to the discerning reader to untangle the contrary strands of history...
Oh. My. God. I can't breathe.

My prayers have been answered.

I am an absolutely massive long-time fan of Paolini's work and have spent the last seven years of my life pining over this series.

But that is all in the past - because his new book came out. A NEW BOOK!!!! (*cue the hyperventilating*)

I just...whew...getting a bit dizzy from the
Kai
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2018
"Does the eagle worry about the length of the day? Does the bear or the deer or the fish in the sea? No. So why should you?"

This new instalment from the world of Eragon and Saphira was more than I hoped it would be. Initially, I had my doubts that a few short stories would do the trick – that they would be able to transport me back into this world. But to my great surprise, it was the perfect book for several reasons. Of course, it’s wonderful to see what happens to Eragon and his people – and
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Bring on the babies!

Mel
Yamna Rashid
I have come home.

Just look at this beauty:

What a blast of fresh air this has been; I had forgotten what it felt like to devour a book so pure in its storytelling that you lose track of time. I feel like a reader again, if that is even possible.
I read Eragon back in high school. I remember that time clearly. We had chatted about Saphira, Brom, Nasuada, Galbatorix in between classes, a discussion filled with starry-eyed wonder for our new favorite series after Harry Potter. And what a joy it is to
AziaMinor
My ONLY complaint of this book - To. Damn. Short.

description

I needed about 500+ MORE pages to satisfy myself and was cut short - literally. And it was like taking a cap-full of water when you haven't drank anything in days. It left me yearning for more and Paolini better be on the ball here with more cause I NEED IT!!!!!!!
Elizabeth Sagan
Cute, but don't get too hyped. It's not Eragon level.
Mary S. R.
4 STARS! oh my precious, oh my heart ...

Happiness, Eragon had decided, was a fleeting, futile thing to pursue. Contentment, on the other hand, was a far more worthwhile goal.

The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm is a book Christopher Paolini had not intended to write.

In fact, as he puts it himself in the Afterword, he wrote the first version of “The Worm of Kulkaras” a bit over two years ago as a means of clearing his head between sections of a larger sci-fi project (which I'm anticipating,
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
At first I was, like:

And after, I was, like:
description

As for many, it was very exciting that C.Paolini was releasing a new book. I've been a huge fan of Inheritance cycle and couldn't wait for more. And of course, even if I was promised just a "short glimpse", expectations were high. But I was so disappointed!

Also, have you heard about "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"?

Even not all chapter were written by C. Paolini and half of it is even not about Eragon or any familiar character. It's said
Reyna~I've gotta be on my own~
Christopher Paolini. I did not even read this book when it came out I read it in 2011 and I've been waiting for 5 YEARS. IMAGINE THE POOR PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE IT CANE OUT PLEASE WRITE FASTER I NEED THIS.
✨ A ✨
INHERITANCE SPIN-OFF WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!
description

WE ARE FINALLY GETTING MORE PAOLINI AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ THE LAST BOOK I'M THE WORST
description

NOTE TO CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI: Not happy with this cover man. It's not going to look nice on my shelf but I'll buy it anyway.
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
absolutely LOVED returning to the world of Alagaesia. forgot how much the inheritance cycle meant to me when i was younger and how much I considered the characters my friends. happy to see more stories with them and NEED MORE from the world of Eragon ASAP because i have SO MANY unanswered questions!!
Gillian
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My all time favorite series! I'm so glad we are getting a 5th book because the ending to Inheritance killed me! I can't wait!
~Bellegirl91~
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once Upon a time back in 2006 when I was 15 and being in my sophomore year of High School, I had to take a reading test that was required for all Sophomores for the English classes and if we passed a certain grade level, then we didn't have to take this reading class that lasted one semester. Well, I got a 3rd grade reading level and I HAD to take this class and drop one other. I did used to love reading considering I was born in '91 so which means Junie B. Jones, Magic Treehouse (the ...more
Claudia
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
So good to be back in Alagaësia! Didn’t realized how much I missed this universe until I delved into the pages.

There are three stories within, separate events but connected in between. The Fork is the lovely story of a little girl and how Tornac (view spoiler) helped her, in The Witch we learn (or at least we think we do) some new things about Angela and Elva and The Worm is the legend of brave Ilgra and her quest against Vêrmund, the dragon of terror, legend told
Will.J.R. Gwynne
The day the dragon arrived was a day of death.

The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm continues a year after the end of the Inheritance Cycle with a few interlinked short stories. It consists of many characters from the series and addresses the trials they have faced since the aftermath.

I shall not name any characters that were in the Inheritance Cycle to avoid spoilers, so will focus on what was completely new.

The final third of the book was the reciting of an old legend about revenge. A dragon
Travis
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is exactly what happens when a book just transports you to a new world and completely takes over you. I finished this book in less then a day (yes it is shorter then 300 pages but I have also been crazy busy). Being back in this world was such a treat and a joy. Christopher Paolini can write everything in the world of Alagaesia and I will throw money at him!! I needed this like I needed air. Not only was this little collection perfect it was also a great foundation for what will be the true ...more
Leah (Jane Speare)
Hmmm. Interesting novella, of a sort. Good narrator, and I think he’s the same as the Eragon books. A voice from my childhood.

I will admit, I wasn’t paying the best attention, my mind drifted. Maybe because it’s been too long since I read the other books to really connect with the world, and especially for such a brief time? Interesting, but not great.
Micheline Ryckman
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was skeptical about this return to Alagaësia for about the first ten pages, but as it progressed my interest and admiration grew for Paolini's ability to write in very different voices. Each little tale within this book is enjoyably distinct, and I loved that.
Teresa
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I was in Middle School when Christopher Paolini's Eragon first came into the world. When I read it, I remember crying when I finished because I had never read such a good book and there wasn't more...yet.

Now the Inheritance Cycle is complete, with four books in the series: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. The end, right? There has been numerous contemplation and even valid assurance by the author that there will be more stories in the world of Alagaesia, and finally, after seven long
Barbora
I'm really struggling to give this book a rating. On the one hand I can't even describe what an emotional feeling it is to return to Alagaesia after all these years and be able to spend a few brief moments with the characters I've grown to love som much. To see how they are doing and find out about what they've been up to since after the end of Inheritance. On the other hand this being the first writing about Alagaesia since Inheritance came out years and years ago and the size and scope of the ...more
Charlotte May
YES, YES AND MORE YES!!!
Lucy of House Rojas
Oct 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: checked
this book is released on december 31 2018 and it's already the most important book of 2019
Mariah
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED coming back to Alagaesia, I just have a hard time fully enjoying anthologies and companion books because I can't help but feeling they lack substance.

This book picks up a year after the events of The Inheritance Cycle (I won't spoil this book, but if you haven't read Inheritance I can't promise you won't have anything spoiled for you in this review), and we catch up with Eragon and Saphira as they deal with the aftermath of Galbatorix's reign.
Olivier Delaye
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short read but an amazing read. And the best part is that you don't even need to have read Eragon to enjoy this. But it sure helps!
J.E. Reed
Not what I hoped for.

I absolutely loved the Inheritance Cycle and when I heard about a new book coming out I was more than excited, but this didn't really meet my expectations.

I'll break down each part.

The Fork was an interesting story that started us off with Eragon and what he's up to now. It had a very nostalgic feeling and I loved that first chapter. The next part started to confuse me as we were introduced to another character, but it was worth the read as you meet a long time favorite. I
Natalie
Jul 18, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wait... THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK COMING?

EXCITING
Helen
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019 and so it's super exciting to me that this was the first book I finished this year! If you watched my announcement video for the book, you'll know that I was cautiously optimistic - and overall my feelings on this are pretty positive!

The Inheritance Cycle is so, so important to me as a reader. Eragon has been a favourite of mine from an extremely young age; the series overall was highly formative in my years as an early reader, and I just adore
Leah Nadeau
Really sweet and short novella. There's a few mini stories in here and the worm {BTW worm = dragon ;)} in particular is pretty enjoyable :) There's also a star appearance from the series that actually surprised me and I learned a bit more of their character through the story.

It's still in the world of Alegasia which I love <3 There's a bit of Eragon in it and what his life is like after the series ended which was really cool. I just wanted more! lol
Lily White
Jan 17, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I started hyperventilating when I saw this!! This series means soooooo much to me and knowing there is going to be another one makes me sooooo happy!!!! I will definitely be waiting at the the store the day before this is released!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!! THIS IS SO AMAZING!!!
Rachael
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited when I heard Christopher Paolini was writing more in the Inheritance Cycle world. It is a long overdue return to Alagaesia. There were plenty of nods to the past and tantalising hints of what's to come. I really hope we get more Tales from Alagaesia.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Fork, The Witch, and the Worm: Eragon [Jan 5, 2019] 15 69 Jan 25, 2019 09:42AM
When is this going to happen? 5 78 Oct 10, 2018 12:12PM

• Duel at Araluen (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • The Red Fox Clan (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger, #2)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Skyward (Skyward, #1)
  • La belle dame sans merci (Lady Mechanika, #6)
  • 9 From the Nine Worlds
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Fire & Blood (A Targaryen History #1)
  • Cendres
  • Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay
  • Listopad
  • Deathcaster (Shattered Realms, #4)
  • Kuiskaajien kilta (Ikimaa #2)
Christopher Paolini was born on November 17, 1983 in Southern California. He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana with his parents and younger sister, Angela. The tall, jagged Beartooth Mountains rise on one side of Paradise Valley. Snowcapped most of the year, they inspired the fantastic scenery in the Inheritance Cycle.

Christopher is grateful to all his readers. He is
“Sometimes you have to stand and fight. Sometimes running away isn't an option.” 14 likes
“- I have questions, he said.
- Then you have more wisdom than most.”
10 likes