Start by marking “Sour” as Want to Read:
Sour

Sour

Falling for your best friend couldn't get any sweeter.

Tall, handsome, and eternally optimistic Noah has dated a string of gorgeous women. His best friend Elle has outlasted them all. Of course, he has no idea she's been in love with him for years. Why would he? It's not like she's going to tell him. After all, she's short and awkward, and as he's fond of reminding her, h

Published June 4th 2019 by Septem Stellae Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sour

AJ Loves to  Read
Sour was so.... sweet and completely devastating. I had to stop reading it at work on my lunch break because I thought I was going to cry!
Elle and Noah were amazing characters and when I started reading I had visions of this being a light, sweet, happy best friends to lovers romance.
Boy was I wrong! Sour took me on a rollercoaster of emotions. Giddy giggling to a borderline anxiety attack.
I completely fell in love with this book and these characters. Wow! Just amazing!!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Sour is a friends-to-lovers story that is filled with swoon worthy moments that are going to keep you wanting for more.

At the beginning of the story we get to meet Ariel (Elle) Bailey who has been away in Germany for her family’s yearly family adventure. With no phones, computers or any other kind of technology to keep in touch, Elle finds herself missing her best friend, Noah. Having been best friends for six years, the two have develope
Kari Hansen
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elle and Noah have been best friends for six years. He has been by her side through all the ups and down but it is when she is away for a while vacationing with her parents that Germany that she realizes it is love. The only problem is that she doesn’t believe that she is worthy of a man like Noah and that he would ever see her as more than a friend.

Noah never realized until they were apart how big a part of his life that Elle was. When she was away all he wanted was to be close to her and share
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Suh-woon. This guy! Noah Adler. First of all, I wish I had a BFF like him. Willing to clean your apartment when you come home from a trip, buy you pastries daily, BUY YOU A FREAKING HOUSE?!? I mean this guy. Now Elle? I get it, she's scared to lose her best friend but to run across the planet because you're scared of taking a leap of faith even though you admit to having feelings for Noah. Girl, come on. She made me want to bop her on the head.

I loved this book. Will definitely be checking out
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers.

This is an adorable friends-to-lovers romance. I liked the themes addressed in this book.

The characters were okay. I started out really liking them and then I ended up being somewhere in the middle. Not hating them, but not loving them either. I enjoyed reading about them well enough while I was reading the book because they were entertaining. I don't necessarily think that they are memorable though. The thing that I had an issue with while reading t
Jennifer Mitchell
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Woodhull has quickly entered my mental list of romance authors who make my heart happy.

Sour is not your typical rom-com. Although Sour begins Ariel and Noah's story the way most friends-to-lovers do (i.e. one or both vying for the other but too scared to cross the line), it becomes so much more with a few unexpected twists and turns along the way.

I really love Ariel and Noah together but I also enjoy them apart as two separate individuals. Ariel goes on a journey of self discovery. In
Melliane
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Jennifer Woodhull is an author I didn’t know about and I was curious to discover this novel after reading the synopsis.

Elle has a crush on her best friend Noah. However, it’s not easy, because he’s there all the time and she’s thinking more and more about him. However, she knows that admitting her feelings to him could ruin everything, and she is not ready to lose him. But Noah, too, has just realized on his side that he has feelings for her. But unlike his
Jody
As a fan of friends to lovers romances I gobbled this one up. From the first page to the last I discovered many charming moments in a tale that made me smile. From its sweet and sensual banter to its laugh out loud interactions the main couple of this story shined and kept me fully invested in their slow-burn romance. Was it a perfect romance? No it wasn’t, as it went on a bit too long and showed its main couple to be a bit too overreactive at times. Despite these small issues though I still enj ...more
Sharrice
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
When I saw that Jennifer Woodhull was coming out with another book this year I squealed. I was so excited after reading her earlier release this year In Other Words (Review HERE). Loved that story and I couldn't wait to read more from her.
Elle and Noah have known each other for a long time. They've been best friends since college and have been through it all together. When Elle's latest boyfriend dumps her and she runs to Noah for comfort, it changes everything for both of them. Now Noah is try
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
3.5 Stars!

This was my very first Jennifer Woodhull book and while I had a hard time connecting with our two main characters (it's a me, not you kind of thing!), the premise was a really good idea and the execution was... steady.

Best friends to lovers.. a sweeter, easier romance that'll have you whizzing through the pages.. Jennifer gives her readers a romance that was slow burning for the most part then lightening speed fast to the end.

When Elle goes on a family vacation cut off from communicati
Thuy Taylor
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has the two sweetest best friends in the world. I loved this book sooooo much, while it was fun, sweet, adorable, it was also devastatinggggggg. I was soooooooooo upset, I literally had to pause, close my kindle, take a few breaths and then finish. Jennifer gutted me with that part of the book. Like, what happened??? But in order to get to their happily ever after, there has to be some conflict right?

I LOVE Noah. I can't even tell you how much. Total book boyfriend material. Elle and N
Bibliophile  Chloe
A new to me author, another new author to start following!!

This is a story of friendship, this is a story of love and hope and also about fear, fear of the unknown and fear of change.

This is the story of Elle and Noah, best friends, ride or die friends.  When does friendship develop into more? Read this story and see how it unfolds.

This story gave me all the feels.  It was filled with heart, heat, a bit of angst and hope.  A prefect cocktail for a love story.

Elle is independent and fiery.  She i
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute and funny friends to lovers romance and I give it a 3.5 outta 4 side with leaning closer to the 4 stars, but not quite there. I enjoyed the read, but I felt as if I could not connect the female lead which is just my personal opinion!

With friends to lovers I feel as if there has to be a great story line on how all of a sudden two platonic friends start having feelings for each other and Jennifer Woodhull did a great job of growing that lust/love and transitioning Elle and Noah's
Belle
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sour has one of my favorite romance tropes - friends to lovers.

The story starts with Elle being away in a family trip in Germany with no technology, finding herself missing her best friend, Noah. They have been friends for like six years. Elle starts to fall for him when he's taken care of her during her break-up. Little does she know that Noah has fallen in love with her too. Noah wants to step up and confess his feelings for her. So he decides to do it during their trip to Vegas.

I loved their
Melena Torretta
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arcs
Noah and Elle have been best friends for years. They both also are secretly attracted to each other but haven't acted on their feelings. Noah is ready to take a chance, though, and wants Elle to know he loves her.

There were some cute moments in this book, but I didn't connect with either character. Though his heart was in the right place Noah made a number of big assumptions about how Elle would feel when he told her his feelings had changed. He threw a lot at her all at once even with some prev
Kate R
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I have mixed feelings about this one. I love a friends to lovers trope, so I thought this would be right up my alley. I thought the writing and pace were good but, unfortunately, I did not like these characters at all. Noah was, in my opinion, super forward, pushy and presumptuous. On the other hand, Elle had absolutely no self confidence and ran away from any conflict. While there was certainly steam, the relationship felt very forced to me. I just couldn’t get invested in their relationship. I ...more
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Friends to lovers romance. Sour is a friends to lovers romance. There was some humor and heat in this book. While I wanted to love this book, I just didn't. It was a good read, but wasn't a favorite of mine.

The plot of this story was intriguing. I like a good friends to lovers romance just as much as the next. However, this story felt a bit forced for me. The characters were good, but I wasn't necessarily rooting for them. While the heat was great, I am not quite sure how I felt about the rest o
Ashleyjayne
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed sour by Jennifer Woodhull, it was my first time reading from this author and have to say I will definitely be reading from her again. I really enjoyed Elle and Noah’s character and their friendship and how the story came to together, I had some laugh out loud moments and some awww nooooo you can’t do that!!! Moments throughout the story.

My rating for Sour by Jennifer woodhull is a solid 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐ it would of been 5 but I found some spelling mistakes or words missing throughou
Crystal
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute spin

Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite troupes!! I love how the author really showed Elle and Noah’s friendship and the humor around it. I felt like I was right there in Vegas and more with these two.

I am a total fan of this author and will say one of my favorite things is the settings she paints. You literally feel like you are right there with said couple. There are so much details and information about the settings and travels.

If your scene is best friends to lovers, you hav
Paige Rubino
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I loved this book. Will definitely be checking out
Autumn (Triquetra Reviews)
Sour is a friends to lovers romance, a lovely afternoon read.

It's not terribly long and the story is intriguing enough. Elle frustrated me just a tad, but that's me being too eager and hating conflict. I was really proud of her character development, and I'm glad things ended the way they did.

I think it's important to see characters my age not have to choose love or career, and this story balances those conflicts nicely.

*I was given a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.*
We Review Books
Insipid and Predictable

I went into this book thinking it was going to be like the movie Made of Honor. It was not like that at all. The plotline had potential, but the execution was immature and campy. The inner thoughts got old really fast. It would seem to me if these are best friends then they should be able to use their words to communicate. It just didn't work for me. The characters were simple and had no real depth. I am giving it 2 stars because the writing wasn't terrible, but the plot a
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Elle and Noah have been best friend’s for 6 years and she has always loved him but never really thought she had any chance. Noah has recently discovered hiw perfect she is for him even with her sour personality. I really lived this book in the beginning but after Noah revealed his feelings to Elle i found i was really upset with how she handled everything she was absolutely horrible to him but it work out in the end.
Reading Cafe
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sour is a friends to lovers story, which is one of my favorite storylines. Jennifer Woodhull never disappoints with her books, they only keep getting better and better. Noah and Ariel are such sweet and fun characters and you can’t help but fall in love with their wit and connection. This is a slow-burn like no other, but this is a journey worth traveling just to see their HEA❤

Nicole Jade
Le sigh. I had such high hopes for this one. I love books where friends fall for each other but I like a little build up to the moment of realization. I had some issues with Noah and Ariel tbh. Their relationship was cute but as individuals, they annoyed me VERY much. Full review later
Messy Bun Book Blog
I loved watching Noah realize his feelings for Elle, how he fought to make her his! They definitely didn’t have an easy road to their HEA, but the ending made it all worthwhile!!
Marcie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read a preview of it and I really loved it I can't wait to read it in full.
Becky Collins
Jun 09, 2019
Jennifer Woodhull is an author of romance with lots of wit, sexy heat, and plenty of heart. She is known for writing immersive settings that take readers to a wide variety of locales around the world. Her heroines are funny, strong, make bad decisions, and get in their own way sometimes before finding the path to their best life. Her heroes are driven, funny, sweet, and sometimes complicated.

Jenn