Start by marking “Breaking the Plan (Mill Street Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Plan (Mill Street Series #1)

Breaking the Plan (Mill Street Series #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  63 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published June 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Plan

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Breaking the Plan (Mill Street Series #1)
Yna the Mood Reader
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“But isn’t it possible to love two women? Two very different women for very different reasons?”

Much thanks to NetGalley and Jessica Calla for this complimentary copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

Buy This Book: Amazon Barnes & Noble
Series: Yes.
Genre: New Adult Romance.
POV: Alternating First Person.
Cliffhanger: No.

Content Warnings: (Not Technically) Cheating. Self Bodyshaming. Self Esteem Issues. Slutshaming.

Read if: you are looking for a new
Kate R
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Well, this was quite a surprise, in the best way! This was a new to me author and I was a little nervous from the blurb. It’s definitely a forbidden romance, in that Taryn is Violet’s roommate and best friend, and Violet was dating Oliver. When Violet breaks up with Oliver, Taryn agrees to help him try to get her back. They have tolerated each other in the past, more enemies than friends. This made for great banter, and some serious sexual tension.

From the very beginning, I LOVED Oliver. He was
☆Tweety ☆
Jessica Calla is not a new author to me, since I loved her Sheridan Hall series. With this new one we're still in New Jersey, following the story of Ollie and Taryn.

Oliver is a nerd who is trying to stick to his plan, which consists in becoming a lawyer and marry his longtime girlfriend Violet. But when Violet breaks up with him and goes abroad for something related to her major, Oliver is heartbroken and can't accept that his future plans are basically ruined. Taryn is Violet's roomate. She's
Coco.V
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/8/2019)! ...more
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
***I received an eARC for review from NetGalley. All thoughts are my own.***

Oliver is the man with the plan. He is going graduate college, get into Harvard Law, become a successful lawyer, and marry his 5 year girlfriend, Violet. This is how things are meant to be. Until Violet tells him she needs "space" and then promptly takes a six week college course in Italy.

Oliver feels lost and he is sent reeling by what he feels is his life crashing down on him. He has no one to turn to except for Taryn,
Katherine S.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Nerdilicious stars!

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was from a new-to-me author so I tried not to have high expectations about it, even though the blurb hinted to one of my favorite tropes.
As soon as I started, I was hooked. I absolutely fell in love with Ollie and Tar and there sort of forbidden romance. The storyline was super addictive and I wanted to find out how things would play out for them. The writing was absolutely flawless which made the story flow naturally.
I loved
Melissa Chambers
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this enemies-to-lovers story of Ollie and Taryn who are so different but mesh together so well. So many fun twists and turns, Italian food and wine, reluctant beauty queens, math equations, and all the feels! Love this author, and this story is in keeping with her well-developed characters and her stomach-fluttering emotion. Highly recommended!
Heather Fleet
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so much love for Ollie and Tar. ...more
Deana Birch
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Calla strikes again with another can't-put-down and well-written New Adult romance. From the moment we first meet Ollie and Taryn, their chemistry leaps off the page. I for cheered them throughout the whole story. I loved that they grew to be their better and true selves together and discovered how wrong they were about each other in the beginning. Highly recommend.
Uzma
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swore I had read Jessica Calla before, I just couldn’t put my finger on the book. So I decided on reading this one, and then going back and finding the other one. In to the first two chapters, I knew I’d love this book. In to half of the book, I couldn’t put it down, I had a flight to catch, but book took preference; PRIORITIES!
We have this adorable hero, Oliver, who in the start seemed like a control freak and I felt that he kinda pushed his agenda on to others, specially his now ex
Tania  Jónasdóttir
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** spoiler alert **

This book is about Oliver who gets broken up by his girlfriend of 5 years and gets her best friend Taryn to help him get her back, they don't like each other at first, she thinks he is just a nerdy guy that is keeping her friend from living her life in college and he thinks she is just a party girl who gets with a lot of guys. When the friend goes away, they make a deal but when times goes by they get to know each other and start falling for one another.

I really enjoyed this
Cynthia Wiedefeld
Love This New Series!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! This book has it all! I loved the Sheridan Hall by Jessica Calla as well so I was excited to see the newest series is set in not only the same universe, but on the same campus! With all of her books, there is humor, swoon worthy romance, and the best HEA ending making me crave more. I binged this one in two days and have already preorder the next book in the series, Making The Move. Can’t wait to dive into the next one!
Paula White
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed this one and I was routing for Ollie and Taryn. As a reader you felt along with them, you could pick up on the tension that grew as they got to know each other. They were great together and Taryn made Oliver think and not just go along with a plan for the sake of ease. Oliver and Violet had been a couple for years and had grown up together. She needed a break and went off - this gave Oliver and Taryn time to get to know each other. As a reader you don't get to see Oliver and ...more
Brooke
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat Turner
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a heartwarming and emotionally satisfying story. I connected with the heroine strongly and almost instantly as someone I could see as my friend, someone I cared about. She was interesting, relatable, smart yet not without her insecurity struggles, and so much more than she seemed to be on the surface. I loved how she challenged the hero's expectations in the best way possible. The love story was believable, and, at times, heart-wrenching. I was rooting for this couple so hard. Kudos to Ms. ...more
Marit
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ollie and Taryn are addicting from page one. They have perfect banter - a total must for me in Romance - and their story was so much fun to read. Life got in the way and I had to put it down a few times, but coming back to it was always an easy pleasure. I will definitely be reading the next one.
Tammy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-keepers
I tore into this book. Oliver was the perfect amount of nerdiness. Taryn was nice after you understood her walls she had up. Loved the pace of the two getting together and when they did, wow! Hated when the book ended. I wanted to see more of what happens with them. Wasn't a fan of Violet but hope she redeems herself in the next book. Josh - what a great friend and I can guess who he likes. She better deserve him. Overall this book is a 5K for me and that means it is a keeper and would be on my ...more
Brianna
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just...wow. I could not put this book down. I am pretty sure I read it in just a few hours. The story and characters just kept me sucked in as soon as I started it. The relationship between Taryn and Ollie was fun, heartbreaking, amazing and happy all at the same time and the writing made you feel all those emotions right along with the characters. I could not reccomend this book enough and can't wait for the next one!
victoria_tonks
Jul 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. It was a freebie from Amazon. Bad editing, too much profanity, content not clean.
Pearl
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Loved Oliver and Taryn and watching where they were going in this story. It was such an enjoyable book! Looking forward to book two in this series and hope its Josh's story!

Thanks Net Galley for the copy of this book!
Poppy Dubois
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! Normally I don't root for the nerdy guy, but he was so loveable! I felt like I was in the book the whole time.
Angel Hatfield
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oliver/Ollie and Violet/Vi Had been together five years but he punched her summer job boss and that made things worse. He remembered Violet begging him to say something to make it right. This wasn’t an easy fix and they both knew it. This time it was a major screw up that was critical. Maybe Violet was right - Oliver thought-, he was a mess. He certainly didn’t deserve her forgiveness. Still Violet was forever. They had plans. Oliver’s roommate and best friend was Josh. Josh was a football ...more
Miranda Knight
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. I love love love Oliver. I also have a slight weakness for those nerdy hotties too.

Oliver, he has a plan. A plan for his entire future. He wrote this plan in high school and has made a few alterations to the plan--the basics remain the same. Go to college. Go to law school. Marry Violet. Make partner at his family's law firm. Violet breaking up with him was not part of the plan nor was her spending the majority of the semester
Akshatha Kamath
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thank #netgalley & the publisher for providing me with an ARC of this book - 'Breaking the plan' the first book in the Mill Street series of romance novels.

Meet Oliver, a nerdy guy who has his whole life planned out before him. He is rich and quite handsome with supportive lawyers of parents who want him to go to law school. He wants to become a lawyer and marry his long-term girlfriend, Violet. He wants to have a house with kids running around. Basically, his whole life planned.
Then,
Jeeves Reads Romance
There are too many things about this book that rubbed me the wrong way for me to say that I really liked it, but there were definitely elements to the story that I enjoyed. The writing style is great, and I loved the light, fun banter throughout the book. There is a playfulness to the story - mixed with heavy shots of angst - that was really refreshing. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t get past that sort of icky feeling that something wasn’t right.

The story follows Oliver, a college student who
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Ollie has his life planned out with his girlfriend Vi. They are going to graduate, move to Cambridge while he goes to law school, graduate, get a job in NYC... he's got it all mapped out until Vi breaks up with him before she takes off on a trip to Austria.

Turning to Vi's roommate, Taryn, Ollie begs her to help him get Vi back. Only one problem -- as they spend time together, they both find friendship and more. Both Ollie and Vi don't want to hurt Vi, and they know it's wrong, but they
HMichaele
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Oliver Stoneridge loves order and plans, especially when they’re laid out on a perfectly formatted spreadsheet. But when his girlfriend, Violet, dumps him, Oliver’s strategy for the future slips away. Desperate to win her back, he begs Taryn, his archenemy and Violet’s beauty queen roommate, for help. Taryn’s gorgeous, thinks he’s a nerd, and wouldn’t know a plan from a prom dress, but Oliver soon finds himself tangled in her web of sexy. Suddenly, Ollie’s falling for Taryn and losing track of ...more
Sandra Lopez
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The plan: Violet and Olive to be together forever.

But she decides to break the plan

Violet decides to study abroad for 8 weeks in Vienna, thus, being the first time they would be apart since preschool. To Oliver, it just sounded like an opportunity to date other guys.

I agreed with Violet that Oliver can be very extreme. In fact, space would do them both good.

It’s college: Violet was choosing herself over him. What’s the big deal?

Oliver was too needy and Violet was too dependent. She needed this
Emma Cox
I enjoyed reading Breaking the Plan and found it quite easy to read.
Ollie has his life all planned out and knows exactly what him and his girlfriend Violet will be doing in the future. That is until Violet dumped Ollie before she spent a semester in Europe.

This is a story of two people getting to know each other. Oliver and Taryn are not two people who would usually get on well with each other
I liked the two main characters but I feel like the additional characters were a bit wishy washy and
Rachel Kirwin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ollie is a smart guy who has big plans with his girlfriend Violet but those plans change when she dumps him. Ollie enlists in the help of her best friend, Taryn to win her back but instead he falls for Taryn.

This book definitely kept me wanting more. I read it in one day. It was very well written and I liked the playfulness of the characters.

When I first started it I was irritated with Ollie because he claims to love Violet and she isn’t even gone a day when he starts scoping out her best

• Can You Hear It
  • Dating Roulette
  • I Hate You More
  • Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)
  • Dark Heart
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)
  • Dalliances & Devotion (The Truitts, #2)
  • Another
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)
  • Frat House Confessions: Ridge
  • Enemies With Benefits (Loveless Brothers #1)
  • The Good Mistake (Hemsworth Brothers, #3)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • The Locker Room
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
Jessica Calla is a contemporary romance and women's fiction author who moonlights during the day as an attorney. If she's not writing, lawyering, or parenting, you'll most likely find her at the movies, scrolling through her Twitter feed, or gulping down various forms of caffeine (sometimes all three at once). A Jersey girl through and through, she resides in the central part of the state with her ...more