Start by marking “Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet Book 2)

Different as Night and Day

(Father/Son Duet #2)

Book 2 of the Father/Son Duet

I laid my husband to rest....

Scott was my world and my future. His love for me transcended the dimensions of time and space—having made provisions for me in the event of his death. He was after all in a war zone and the odds were high he may not come home. But now I can’t help but think about the new man in my life – my husband’s father.
Maguire
250 pages
Published August 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Different as Night and Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Different as Night and Day

Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I'm calling this one at 50% Book one wasn't a huge hit with me, but I had hoped book two would bring on a better connection between the two mains. Unfortunately, I am not feeling anything other than boredom at this point. It happens...onwards.

description

descriptionBLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BOOKBUB

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I was really looking forward to the conclusion of the second book Father/Son duet by Leigh Lennon. The ending of the first book left me hanging for answers and I was excited to get started. Although once again the writing was very good this story was a little too slow for me and at times it could be repetitive, I found myself desperately waiting for something to happen.

I loved Maguire in the last book and my feelings didn't waver in this one. The man is a saint and gorgeous with it and all alph
Siobhan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Different as Night and Day is the second book in Leigh Lennon’s Father/Son duet, and to understand this one you need to have read the first book. Book one, Like Father Like Son, ends on a cliff-hanger, and this second book picks up right where it left off.

I’ll be honest and say I feared the cliff-hanger of an ending in book one would lead to a storyline that is overdone, one that would have me rolling my eyes. I was glad when such was not the case, although I’m going to be honest and say the sto
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different as Night and Day is the second book in the Father/Son duet by Leigh Lennon. This book starts right were Like Father, Like Son ended. The story and the writing are both amazing. And the characters very real and I love Maguire and Holland. I loved this book so much.
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
If you thought you were on an emotional roller coaster with the first half of this duet, brace yourself. Leigh Lennon is about to fully blow your mind. Maguire and Holland’s story picks up right where it left off in the previous book and their ride goes nonstop until the very end. It’s brutal, it’s beautiful, it’s raw and it makes you ask yourself repeatedly if you could sacrifice a soul deep love because of the world’s standards.
There is A LOT that happens with these two and I’d never want to
Katy Tinnin
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leigh Lennon cuts right to the heart with this emotional, angsty, taboo love story. I loved every second of it. The characters were so broken and so much better together. There were times I was crying for them and times I was laughing with them. And then there were times I wanted to kill and throw my kindle. This storyline was so unique to anything I've ever read before. It really makes the reader question what they see as right and wrong and when is love enough to erase all the lines.  I will d ...more
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I was desperately awaiting this arriving on my kindle so when it did I had to drop everything and jump straight in what a rollercoaster of emotions it sent me on. After the way book one ended I was on tenterhooks waiting to discover what would happen next.

Holland and Maguire are made for each other but because of the nature of their relationship things have been difficult. Dealing with guilt and grief is something they both need to work at if they ever stand the chance at been together.

A fantast
Flo Grugel
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh it took a while to get there but did they get their hea? All will be revealed...
BookLover
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story will rock your world in an amazing, earth shattering way. You will fall in love with Maguire, Holland, Elsie, Ned, Christine, and all the other key players will tug your heart strings. You will want to swoon (hello- Darlin’), cry, cuss, scream. So be ready. But, it is worth every emotion you feel once you get through their whole journey. It is beautiful and sweet and shows you fate can be mean and cruel, but also give you the happy ending you always wanted.

So it took me a couple days
Danielle Wormald
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars !

Picking up from that cliffhanger, your on the edge of your seat!

Holland annoyed and frustrated me so much, And so many times I was screaming in my own head telling her to follow what her hearts telling her! But at the same time what a predicament to be in ! So you can see where she’s coming from.

The chemistry between these two in intense and theirs continuous sparks waiting to be lit! And let’s face it Maguire is hot ! Although few, the scenes where they finally give in are steamy!
Christine
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, that sure ended how I thought it would......but what a roller coaster ride to get to the end! It was full of ups and downs, twists and turns; but at the root of it all is a story about two people who in all reality should never have been together - and couldn't help but fall in love.

The only thing that I didn't like so much about the story was Holland's mixed signals and feelings that she sent Maguire - I get the age difference played a huge factor in that, but I just wish she hadn't been
Nicole Johnson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to Holland and Maguire's story, I'm incredibly happy with it. This duet is written in a way where the characters are easy to like, understand their thought process and reason for doing things which in turn makes it super easy to relate to them. I understood Hollands hesitation and would probably do the same however I wanted them to be happy sooner rather than later darn it. They get their HEA and it is well deserved.
There are some sad moments in this one too, moments that had m
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different as Night and Day is a must read after finishing Like Father Like Son. This book picks up right after the ending if the first book and does not disappoint. The emotions you go through while reading this angst of all angsts book runs the gamut from happy to sad to angry to unexpected. Leigh Lennon does a wonderful job of pulling the reader in to this story that questions love, and without spoiling the story I'll leave it at that. Just know that this book is just as exciting as the first ...more
Sabrina Smith
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok for starters, Mr. M is hot, what's not to love. He loves Holland so much it hurts. Holland has her ups and downs, meaning that she loves but not want to. Confused she is. But I can't give nothing away. A few hot steaming sex in this book, but it flows well. I give it all 🌟 because Leigh Lennon thought long and hard about this book. This book as no cliffhangers. I was thinking I would like to see another book about a few more characters and their stories....
Candice Shaffer
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the major cliffhanger in book 1, Maguire and Holland find their happily ever after through all the sadness they have endured. This duet was good although both books could use more depth and a bit better flow at times.
Debbie
Shelves: books-read-2019
The first book ended on a cliffhanger and I was eager to read what happened next. I did enjoy it but I got very frustrated and at times annoyed with McGuire and Holland! Holland for denying how she felt and giving McGuire mixed signals and him for pushing her so much! I just wanted to bang their heads together!

Holland feels guilty about having feelings for her father in law, and although she loves him she keeps trying to keep him a distance, whilst trying to date a few other men, but there is n
Rebecca
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Controversial but with a satisfying twist. I love this other and how she pushes me into reading what I thought I would never read.
Courtnay Gray
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow, this story deserves 10 stars it’s THAT good!!

We were left on the cliff at the end of Like Father Like Son and this picks up from there. Holland hasn’t had the easiest year and it’s about to get harder but how long can she keep fighting her true feelings before finally giving in??

Leigh Lennon brings every emotion out with her writing, this is truly a masterpiece. I love the series and the way it concluded. 🖤🖤
Liz
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A taboo romance that was full of angst and steamy chemistry.
Cassie Ashford
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I went into this book with really high expectations based on where the first book ended. I was literally on the edge at the end of Book 1 because the story was at its climax then boom we have to wait for Book 2.

Book 2 is here and from the beginning it didn’t match the energy level of where Book 1 ended. It was played down when I felt like it still needed to have that high emotion you were left waiting with.

I got the ending I was hoping for between Maguire and Holland but I felt like important
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picking up right where book one left off we find out what happens after the fire!

I was brought in an emotional rollercoaster with this book. There were tears! I was shocked and I smiled.

I don't want to give too much away as you'll just have to read it to find out what happens.

This is a forbidden/taboo romance so if that is not your thing be warned that is what you'll find here.

I am a huge believer of love is love and you get lots of love in this book in all kinds of forms not just the sexy ki
Aneesah
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lord have mercy! The push me, pull me between Holland and Maguire near about drove me CRAZY in this book but it was worth it. It has been a long time since I read a romance where I truly didn't know until the very last chapter if the main characters would end up together. It was really touch and go up to that point. Thank GOD for Scott's final letter--I don't care what anyone says, he sent that thing from the GRAVE!

Can't wait to read more by this author. I'm hoping she will revisit some of the
Brittany
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different as Night and Day is part two of the Father/ Son duet.

Where I loved loved love Like Father Like Son I felt this one was lacking. Now dont get me wrong I did really enjoy this book, but to me it wasnt as enjoyable as book 1.

As I read there were moments where I wished we were moved past these age gap/in-law issues already. As taboo as Maguire and Holland's sorta but not relationship is, it's not really an issue for anyone but Holland. But the constant back and forth reminder was a little
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 TWIST AND TURN STARS!! This is the conclusion of this duet and let me tell you, I am tired from all the ups and downs.....but it was so worth the read. This beautiful forbidden story was an emotional rollercoaster and I loved every minute of it. Holland and Maguire will touch your heart with all the feels. You should definitely read this duet, so go ahead and 1-Click.
Gisell
It was so difficult to write this review. I absolutely enjoyed the first story, and due to the first book ending on a major cliffhanger, I couldn't wait to dive into this second half to find out what happened with the main characters, Sarge and Darlin'. However, this story just seemed well, all over the place and I really do not enjoy giving negative feedback on books :(

Although I had high hopes that in the beginning of this story, I was going to get a cohesive, well-thought out story that pi
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh! Hot Biscuits and Gravy! 🔥I was chomping at the bit to get this second book after that epic cliffhanger of all cliffhangers, book one left us with. Was this author going to devastate us with another loss like in the first book? Our Poor, dear hearts just couldn’t take it. 😭💔Now...I’m not saying she’s not going to break your heart. Oh my heavens... She’s gonna destroy it. Like a southern granny with a fly swat! 🦟

This story is a rollercoaster of feels. 😭🥰😂😍😢😭🤯 So Grab your Kleenex and ride this
Ri
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite things about books is that each reader can find something in them that makes them magic. That is most assuredly the case in regards to this book. I saw a few reviews that had left me concerned on whether I would feel that way and I can definitely say that I in my case this duet was perfect. I fell in love in the first book but I was totally gobsmacked with the second.

Normally, I am not a huge fan of taboo romances, especially ones with an age gap, but the premise of this one
Meghana Sarathy
This was a good conclusion to the father-son duet and I am really impressed with the author, especially on how she chose to tackle such a taboo story in a very realistic manner.
I had my complaints with the first book - with regards to the pacing but this book improvised in the pacing but where earlier I had liked all characters, Holland got on my nerves on quite a few occasions. I loved Maguire even more in this book. I loved everything about him - about how patient, understanding, sweet and st
Gladys
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the Father/Son Duet. You need to read book one Like Father, Like Son before you begin reading this book. This book picks up where the cliffhanger of book one left off. This is a very angsty, emotional and slow-burning story. As someone that really enjoys the forbidden romance trope I was extremely eager to read this series and I enjoyed book one. As for book two, I thought that it was basically a good read. I felt that the story idea was interesting and complex. It is filled ...more
Paulette
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When you have a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat in the first part of a duet it’s extremely hard to live up to the hype of that book in the second part. This one comes darn close. See the first part catches you off guard and if it’s a taboo subject it’s even that more tantalizing. The second book has to tie up the cliff hanger and continue to hold your interest.
In my opinion, this book accomplishes the task at hand.
Too, unless it’s a mystery or a who done it, you need to keep the a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Leigh Lennon is mother, veteran and a wife of a cancer survivor. Originally with a degree in education, she started writing as an outlet that has led to a deep passion. She lugs her computer with her as she crafts her next story. One could say she loves pretty nails, big earrings and spiky hair. She can be found drinking coffee or wine, depending on the time of the day.

Father/Son Duet (2 books)
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet Book 1)