Start by marking “From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)” as Want to Read:
From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)

From the Ashes

(Nuclear Dawn #3)

From the ashes, heroes will rise...
In an instant, Miami was devastated by a nuclear bomb. Millions fled the destruction as the lethal fallout descended.

Now, the entire city is a hot zone. Hundreds of thousands of citizens are homeless, hungry, and growing more desperate with every passing hour.

While the government scrambles to respond to the worst humanitarian crisis the
ebook, 2nd, 291 pages
Published 2019 by Paper Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about From the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Ashes

Start your review of From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)
Kate Mary
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to ruin anything, but this is a great twist to the apocalyptic genre with diverse characters, horrifyingly real details, and fantastic writing. Definitely looking forward to finding out what happens next!
Nisareen
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dakota arrived in Bellview Point to find Eden’s foster home engulfed in flames and would have died trying to rescue her if not for Logan. Unfortunately Dakota’s past has finally caught up with her and when she regains consciousness she is horrified to learn that Maddox got to Eden first.

The group are perplexed by the tension between Dakota and Maddox, especially when the latter reveals that not only is he Eden’s biological brother but that Dakota kidnapped Eden and killed his other brother.
XR
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This was a pretty exciting read.

On another note, die hard religion fanatics sure are scary crazy and I can't wait for Dakota to kick their arse.
Rosemary
From the Ashes - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Dakota Sloane continues her desperate struggle to exit the fallout zone that almost led to her death and brought an apocalypse of destruction to continental America.
After escaping the quasi-religious cult led by Solomon Cage, known as the Prophet. Her 'sister' Eden escaped with her, after the Mormon-like Prophet decided to take her for his next wife, but now Eden's brother (and the Prophet's nephew), Maddox - member of the Shepherds, who act as
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only 2 stars for the series as honestly, I felt meh at the end. I remember being absolutely confused when the first book ended. Surely the story couldn't be done? It was like 150 pages? I'm not an author or a publisher and have no working knowledge whatsoever of the book writing world but from my humble opinion - I wish the author had edited and pared down a few scenes and combined books 1-3 into one really great 1st book. The description lead me to believe they'd be surviving in the Everglades ...more
Cath
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Nuclear Dawn series of Post-Apocalyptic Survival. Miami is just one of many American major cities that has been targeted by a terrorist group with nuclear bombs. Whole areas of Miami have been completely wiped out and survivors are trying to make their way to any safe zones they can find. With so many cities being hit, the emergency services and army have struggles to get going, especially since many of them have been destroyed in the bombing and its aftermath as ...more
Teresa
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6M65RM?...
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Nuclear Dawn 3

From the ashes, heroes will rise...
In a matter of seconds, thirteen American cities were devastated by nuclear bombs. Millions fled the destruction as the lethal fallout descended.

Now, entire cities are hot zones. The nation's supply chain is crippled. Hundreds of thousands of citizens are homeless, hungry, and
Tina Gundy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the Ashes: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (Nuclear Dawn, Book 3) by Kyla Stone and narrated by Stacey Glemboski is another excellent addition that will have you on the edge-of-your-seat! Recommend for those who are following the series or if you’re looking for a new post-apocalyptic series.

The story continues where the previous book left off. Eden has been rescued and the group is together trying to make it to a safe zone for medical treatment. Only problem? Maddox arrives and causes
Kaye
ONE THRILLING RIDE!!!
Wow! Talk about raising the bar. Kyla really stepped up the game when it comes to imagination and insight on spinning a story so realistic it blows you away. A rollercoaster ride of circumstances and emotions that will rock you to the core. With your world crumbling all around you in epic proportions your forced deeper into this tangled web of intrigue and survival. In a race against time you resort to drastic measures while trying to stay one step ahead and losing ground.
Lisa
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dakota, Logan, Eden, Julio, and Shay just cannot catch a break! While this 3rd installment still has a lot of action, it does slow down a bit, which was actually needed. Everyone is ill from radiation poisoning, and/or injured from various fires, gang run-ins, hostage taking, etc...

So, after a while, they all FINALLY get some much needed medical care, much needed government information, and can begin to plan their trek into the Everglades.

I actually appreciated the, short, breather the author
Joni Janice Mielke
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reunions have taken place, but not all of them are positive and Dakota, Logan, Julio and Shay aren't out of the woods yet. Not by a long shot. Miami is still reeling in the wake of the nuclear destruction, and Dakota is forced to brave honesty with the people who mean the most to her - even at the risk of alienating those she cares for most in the world.

I like how things seem to be progressing at a natural rate here. People don't change overnight, but they do adjust their behaviour based on the
Beverly Laude
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, apocalyptic, 2019
This book is a great continuation in the series, full of non-stop action. What's not to love when you have a flawed hero, a kickass heroine, a religious cult, and gangs out to kill everybody who gets in their way?

The author slowly reveals the backstory of the characters in a way that really draws the reader into their lives. When you first meet people, it takes a while to learn more about them and what makes them tick, so this type of character development seems very natural. Along the way, you
Chris Wells
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kyla Stone weaves another story of post-apocalyptic survival packed with action and tension. We join up once more with Dakota and her group of survivors as they head to find Dakota's sister Eden. This instalment of the series hits the reader right from the start and it hits hard. Straight away we’re thrust into the thick of the action and the tension never lets up. Kyla Stone has proven again with this book that she is one of the best at writing apocalypse fiction. There’s added depth to the ...more
Georganne
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Filled with tension, fear and page turning action! The journey continues along with the violence. The gangs are getting bolder with the chaos of the people. Everyone is trying to flee the nuclear fallout, no one is safe. Dakota is focused on finding her sister, Eden. The unthinkable happens first. Maddox has found Eden. Everyone is surprised that Maddox is Eden’s brother, but he uses her to get to Dakota. The group rallies with Dakota. Maddox escapes. Dakota must protect Eden and find her way ...more
Sally
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the Ashes grabs you from the first page! Dakota finds her sister Eden, but then her past catches up with her. A hostage situation, a shoot-out, radiation poisoning sickness. If you love post-apocalyptic stories, you’ll love this one!
Logan isn’t sure if he can trust Dakota, from what he’s just found out, but he gives her the benefit of the doubt and helps the group get to the Emergency Operations Center. Dakota doesn’t trust easily, and wants to be in control, keeping everyone at arms’
David Taylor
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is based on the audiobook version. Ms. Stone has packed a lot of action in this third installment in the Nuclear Dawn series that takes off from Dakota’s group finding Erin’s foster home and their encounter with Maddox. Along with Dakota's facing Maddox, a couple of new characters make an appearance as they attempt to protect Erin. Additionally, the gang resurfaces as Dakota’s group is trying to get to the safety of the emergency area at the airport. Needless to say the trip form ...more
B. Fleetwood
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The next exciting instalment of this post-nuclear tale does not fail to deliver.
Dakota has reached her sister, Eden, but is now faced with surviving a dystopian nightmare where gangs roam the street looting and killing. Add to that the effects of radiation poisoning and a complete break down of society with no amenities and little law and order this story would be gripping enough! However, the author also adds into the mix the evil Maddox who is following Dakota and her sister, determined to
Jenny
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! There was a great pace to the action, with Dakota and her friends having to negotiate their way past Maddox, officialdom, the army, and once again, the gangs. By this third book in the series, the characters are well developed, and there are plenty of surprises in the plot to keep us on the edges of our seats. The author gives us the backstory we need, without interrupting the flow of the story, and without giving us a cliffhanger, sets things up so that we know more ...more
Fred Oelrich
Thrilling, Hard Hitting, and Real

This book has it all. Dakota, Logan and friends continue their journey out of the circle of radiation in search of Eden. They gain members and lose some too. All the while battling inner demons. They can’t shake Maddox or the gangs. There are surprises around every corner and turn. They save others and get saved themselves. The suspense pushes you through the book with very little chance to catch your breath. If you have a fireplace, light it up and get ready to
David Mcdaniel
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great reading

Loved the storyline and the characters. I don’t normally nitpick about any inaccuracies in the books I read bu with tat being said, I have to bring up one minor thing. The 4 gang member that showed up in a Corvette. I am a Corvette owner and there is no way 4 adults will fit in a corvette it is a 2 person 1 driver 1 passenger vehicle. I know that is minor and the book was a great story but being a Corvette enthusiast I had to mention this small inaccuracy. Looking forward to next
Manfred
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dakota has finally found Eden, her sister. As Eden is also affected by radiation poisoning, the group desperately needs medical help and gets on their way to an emergency medical setup at the Miami airport. After a violent encounter with the gang of the Blood Outlaws they get there having found a couple of new friends on the way.
This 3rd book in the Nuclear Dawn series is the most action-packed so far and I'm waiting for the next one as it ends with quite a big cliffhanger....
I voluntarily
Vicky Quenault
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in this riveting series continues to deliver the same complex characters and relationships that I have come to expect from this author. The dire situations that crop up are handled with gritty realness, showing how genuine strength of character can carry a person through dark and trying times.
Once again I find myself finishing a book in this series a little unhappy. Unhappy that the next book isn’t ready yet, as I’m eager to find out what happens next!
NanaShauna Joesten
A totally Epic read this Author writing hits a Major home run. Dakota and Logan are trapped in New york. In a matter of seconds life changes so fast. Citys Devastated by Nuclear Bombs. This read grabbed me by the first page and had me on the edge of my seat this is a real page turner. This Author really brings out the Characters, and brings the scenes to life. This would be a fantastic TV series.
Shauna Joesten
Candy Robosky
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dakota, Logan, Julio, and the others are still trying to get somewhere safe. Will Dakota be able to keep Eden safe? The twists and turns in the storyline keep the suspense at a high. I do wish we would find out what happened that fateful last night before Dakota and Eden started their run from Maddox. I found much of the scenarios believable but terrifying.
Donna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had read this but it is even better when narrated on audio. I love this story and the characters in it, strangers who band together to survive the nuclear bombs. A waitress leads them and others join her with their skills to lead this group to a safe place. They even decide to follow her to get her sister.

If you haven't read Kyla Stone's many books, this is a good series to start!
Shari
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful continuation of the series. Right in the middle of the action and fighting to stay alive. Lots of twist and turns. Characters are well described in their feelings. The action just keeps going and makes it hard to put down. Love the book.
doreen
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this series. Love the characters and the new ones brought in. Logan, Eden, Dakota, Parks, Shay and Hawthorne.
I even like Maddox, I hope he thinks for himself. I can't wait to read book 4 and 5. I have to Know what happens!!!
Alisa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plenty to keep you going

If you're an adrenaline junky there's plenty here to keep you ramped up. Everytime they get close to their destination something blows up, catches fire, or someone starts shooting.
BarbaraH
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling read! Finding her sister alive should be a happy time, but the nuclear blast has changed the world and there are read and fires all around them. Now she must run because the cult she had lived with behave found her. Where can there be safty?
Rod Holden
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart pounding action!!!

Kayla Stone continues to impress
I can say I'm a fan..
Heart pounding action
In every page.....
Well written very intense ...
Should be made into a movie.....

• Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Duck for Cover (Nuclear Survival Saga #5; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #2)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Take the Hit (Nuclear Survival Saga #4; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #1)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Melt (Melt, #1)
  • Rules of Conflict (Survival Rules #2)
  • Sink (Melt #2)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • The Age of Embers (The Age of Embers #1)
  • Rules of Darkness (Survival Rules #3)
  • Ride it Out (Nuclear Survival Saga #6; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #3)
  • Rules of Survival (Survival Rules #1)
  • Survive the Conflict (Small Town EMP #3)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)

Nuclear Dawn (5 books)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)
  • Into the Fire (Nuclear Dawn #4)
  • Darkest Night (Nuclear Dawn #5)