Start by marking “Dithered Hearts” as Want to Read:
Dithered Hearts

Dithered Hearts

A gender-confused farmer desperate to reclaim her farm and escape her stepparents’ abuse. A closeted prince more interested in helping his people than finding a bride. A fairy godfather with a ton of secrets and no powers. In this diverse fairy tale, everyone is searching for a happy ending.

The masquerade ball to find Prince Longhollow’s future bride might be Cynthia Lynah
Expected publication: July 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dithered Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dithered Hearts

Solly
I loved this a lot <3

I generally love Chace Verity’s work because it’s unapologetically queer and otherwise diverse and this was no exception. It filled my little queer heart with happiness to see so many queer IDs represented, without it being a big deal. An aromantic pansexual trans guy fairy, a nonbinary sapphic MC, a black gay prince (and a side m/m romance with his knight), a fat lesbian and a disabled lesbian. It was super heartwarming and I loved it.

Now to get into the story a littl
Chasia Lloyd
A running gag in this book is that the protagonist never reads the fine print. It certainly gets her into trouble. That kind of trouble is fun to read.

However, it's not fun to accidentally get yourself into trouble if you don't read all of the content warnings! This book is darker than my other fantasy works, and your safety is my number one priority.

Content warnings:

- Abuse toward queer characters, including mental, emotional, and on-the-page physical abuse
- Abuse toward a disabled character
- A
Lily
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating 4 ★
Review to come
Arlene
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I was so, so happy to be able to read this early! Every Chace Verity book I've read has been a sweet, easy, feel-good read and this book definitely delivers the same experience. There are some content warnings that you can check out as there is a reason why this is labeled a 'Taboo Fantasy Romance'.

I loved that this book was SUPER queer -- it's everyone. Everyone is gay. The MC is Enby, charming and relatable and the prose is approachable and light-hearted. The character interactions felt ve
Angel Graham
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. Cinderella story with a few twists. The main character is non binary (she/they) Step sisters turn out to both be lesbians. Fairy God-father says he's trans. Prince and his personal body gaurd/knight are both gay, but must hide it.. including from each other.

We've got villains and heroes. Twists and turns.

I recieved an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.
Aeriel
Jess
Jul 03, 2019
Saralyn Smith
Jul 03, 2019
Chace Verity (she/they) is publishing queer as heck stories with a strong romantic focus, although queer friendships and found families are important too. Chace prefers to write fantasy but dabbles in contemporary and historical fiction as well. An American citizen & Canadian permanent resident, Chace will probably never be able to call a gallon of milk a "four-liter."