Start by marking “For Emily” as Want to Read:

For Emily

A little dedication goes a long way. That's why Catriona Robinson, the country's favourite children's author, always dedicated her books to those who touched her life the most - not least Emily, her reclusive granddaughter.

Emily never thought too much about these dedications. But when Catriona dies unexpectedly, each one becomes a cryptic clue in a breadcrumb trail that a
Published September 5th 2019 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about For Emily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Emily

Daisy Dooley
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katherine Slee has given us something pure and breathtaking in this, her debut novel. I truly adored every word of this amazing book. For Emily, begins with the death of her beloved grandmother, a famous children's author who wrote a series of books about a girl called Ophelia who discovers a magical atlas that transports her all over the globe. Emily tragically lost her parents in a car accident, that also left her severely injured. Losing her beloved grandmother has left her rudderless and ber ...more
Tara
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you read book dedications? I do, always, and quite often they make me wonder about that person, especially if it's just one name or an initial.
It seems to be something Katherine Slee has also pondered, given that her debut, For Emily, centres around a series of cryptic dedications in children’s books written by the title character’s beloved grandmother.
It’s quite a complex story, weaving several plot lines into one, but it is all brought together beautifully.
I really liked the way bruised but
Angela C
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all readers
For Emily

Everyone has decisions to make in life - with hindsight some would be different. Can we be overprotective of those we love? Is it cruel to be kind? Should we put our own needs before others?

As recorded in her diaries, Catriona chooses to live her life following her own desires and impulses regardless of the affect these have on others who love her. The life she chooses for Emily has repercussions which have to be addressed with shock tactics.

Emily has been damaged physically and emotion
Aislinn Kelly
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For Emily is an easy read of a book which I read over a couple of hours. I enjoyed the story and its's characters. There were some elements of the book that could have been done better such as character development and the ending was slightly disappointing. However if you are looking for a book that is easy to follow and very enjoyable then this is the right book for you.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for this ARC
Annarella
Not my cup of tea. Even if the book is well written I couldn't connect to the characters and the plot didn't keep my attention.
DNFed.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Emily