Start by marking “Catching Chance (Gilcrest University Guys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Catching Chance (Gilcrest University Guys, #2)

Catching Chance

(Gilcrest University Guys #2)

Published April 2019

To ask other readers questions about Catching Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Chance

Start your review of Catching Chance (Gilcrest University Guys, #2)
☆ Todd
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oh, thank God!

This story had serious potential to turn into a "fucking with an established couple's HEA" tale, but it blessedly didn't go there at all. Color me thrilled.

I adored both Andy and Chance in the first book, which continued in this second installment, but I also have to give shout-outs to Andy's BFF, Cameron, and Chance's BFF, Travis.

They were both stellar supporting characters, as they playfully snarked and flirted their way through this follow-up story.
[I]f you fuck this u
Amber’s reading
Great continuation to Chasing Chance. A friends-to-lovers MM college romance. It’s sweet, funny, and super sexy. I loved Chance’s coming out process and the love and support he received.
Mindy
DNF at 35%

This was SUGAR OVERLOAD
description

Sometimes I like lots of sweet/cute. But this just didn't work for me. I think if there is a book 3 on the friends/roommates/teammates then I will read it.
JUST NO MORE PET NAMES PLEAS!
❤ Bibi ❤
Catching Chance is the second book in M.E. Parker's Gilcrest University Guys series. As far as I've understood it, it's also the last book with Chance and Andy in the lead. After reading the first book I was hooked!! So I was both excited and thankful to receive this one so fast, because I just needed to see if my new favourite gay couple got their happy-ever-after. And I'm happy to say that they did!! Both Chance and Andy are swoon worthy and sweet men, with hearts of gold. On a first glance it ...more
CrabbyPatty
The author notes that “Catching Chance” could be read as a standalone, but personally I would recommend reading Chasing Chance first to get the background of Chance and Andy’s romance. While the first book ends with Chance and Andy realizing they love one another, “Catching Chance” is all about Chance coming to terms with coming out and believe me, it’s a rocky road.

Chance loves Andy, and truly wants to be with him, and their romance and growing relationship feels real and honest. I especially l
Joyfully Jay
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Catching Chance follows the story of Andy and Chance, which began in Chasing Chance and is best read in order, as it is the continuation of their story. It is a second-chance romance of sorts, or more of a second-chance at friendship with a romantic relationship then added on for the men. Andy and Chance just got together in a relationship at the end of book one after repairing their friendship, and this book deepens their bond. This book also takes us through them
Bitchie
One quick thing that bugged me through both books: it’s Mayberry, not Maybury!

~BookNeeds~
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ADORABLE!!! I loved this series sooo much. Freaking cute. I want more. One of the scenes had me cursing at Chance, I hated him for most of that chapter, but he redeemed himself. Seriously, what was up the the “single tear” cries?? I tried it didn’t happen. I cried, cried, an ugly cry even. Hahaha.
Tj
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book laid the foundation and ended abruptly. Catching Chance built on that foundation and was a good read. Andy and Chance were childhood friends and now learn to navigate the water as lovers.

Andy was patient with Chance and told him he could come out at his own pace. However it was friends Cam and Travis who enlightened him. Chance realized his fears of living his truth stemmed from his feelings about his father. He not only came out but did so in a big way.

Andy and a Chance had some
Elizabeth
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was better than the first one. It's the fairytale where everything irons itslef out and we get the picture perfect outcome we secrectly wish all coming out stories had. It solidifies the relationship and wraps up all the doom and gloom hanging over Chance's head. Andy and Chance are so in love and want to live happily ever after and I believe this book does just that for them.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Chance and Andy are coming to terms with Chance's big ILY. Will Andy actually believe it? And if he does, will he be willing to stay a secret until (if) Chance decides to come out?

They've got a long road ahead of them, though, to make it to their happily ever after. There's the matter of how Chance's team will take his coming out, should it ever happen. And there's the biggest obstacle, and the whole reason Chance ghosted Andy way back when - Chance's bigoted, pastor father.

I liked Catching Ch
Natosha Wilson
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series thus far is just incredible and if the sneak peak at the end of this book is anything to go on for book three in this series, well let’s just say Cam’s story is going to be explosive I do believe. And, I for one, cannot wait for it. As far as this book is concerned, I just loved Chance and Andy. With that said, this book in my opinion was a must. This book is a continuation of book one. And I cannot day enough just how incredible this story was. I loved Chance and Andy’s story.

Chanc
Valerie
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are no other words than I loved it. While the first book that introduced you to Andy and Chance, leaving some subplots open and made you curious, this book ties everything up in a bow and gives you a wonderfully compelling story that I couldn't put down.

M.E. has created a world where the people are so vibrant and multi dimensional that you would love to know them in real life. Andy and Chance's relationship takes front and center and while these two men navigate being in a relationship to
Misty M
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb says this is stand alone, but I wouldn’t really recommend skipping the first one. Even though there’s not a lot that you couldn’t catch up on, the MCs are already dating at the beginning of this one, and you would be missing out on a lot of the feels and development.

That being said, everything that the first one lacked (or had too much of--looking at you flashbacks) this one fixed. Oh love, this one was better. All the loose ends were wrapped up, their relationship hits some rough spo
Kristin
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fabulous conclusion to a great story.
In the first book I really liked Andy from the beginning of the story and I wasn’t prepared to but I really liked Chance from the start also. These characters are great on their own but when you put them together they really come into their own.
I love that there is a second book. I love that it delves deeper. Nothing is perfect life isn’t perfect. There are a lot of times that things in books are tied up with a neat little bow (don’t get me wrong I lo
Amy Dufera
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catching Chance is a fantastic sequel to Chasing Chance. I love this story. Now a couple, Chance and Andy still have a lot to deal with.

Chance is closeted, which bothers both men, yet the fear of coming out is huge. This is personally one of my favorite storylines, as I just adore closeted athletes dealing with coming out. The fear is real. And the strength required to come out is real. Always a good plotline, this one definitely succeeds as a worthwhile read.

The relationship between the men's
Elin
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This continues where the old one finished, Chase and Andy are still keeping things under wraps with Chase not being ready to come out still.
There's high pressure points in the story as things builds up to where it needs to shift one way or the other for the guys to have their happy ending.

And I loved it, until about 70%. While the story was sweet after the initial drama, it became too sweet and predictable. It was difficult to get through the last parts because it didn't give me much other than
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I absolutely love Chance and Andy's story. I fell in love with them in book one and the continuation of their love story in book two was even better. Telling Andy that he is gay and asking him to be his boyfriend should have been a happy moment in Chance's life but coming out to your bigoted father, a football team that might not support you and friends that might walk away seems to be a hurdle that he must cross. Will his teammates be supportive? Will his father ever love him again? Will Andy b ...more
Daniel
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am honestly very sick of straight authors tackling subjects they don't completely understand in lazy and offensive ways. Please straight authors you can write gay romance novels without, butchering the coming out process, violent homophobic assaults and using sexual abuse as a justification/motivator for homophobia. Straight people are homophobic, straight parents are homophobic, and they can grow out of their homophobia without sloppily trying to tackle the issue of child sexual abuse. Straig ...more
Sheila Schoenauer
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in this series I HAD to read the second book so I knew how these two got their happy-ever-after. I'm glad I did. The entire book was an emotional roller coaster ride that I'm glad I stepped onto. I seriously didn't want to put this book down. I laughed, I swooned, I even cried a bit. I felt like I was living life right along with these two handsome men. I fell in love with not only them but all of their close friends too. I'm hoping there are more books in this serie ...more
Terri
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, which told the second part of Chance and Andy's love story. This one was even better than the first. The men were already a couple, though Chance was still not out, and they were discovering how to make their relationship work - and sometimes, how to make it not work. There was more about Chance's parents in this one, and I appreciated that storyline. We also got more of Andy and Chance's friends, who I absolutely adore. They are funny, supportive, and fierce.
Andy and Chance w
Tiffany Copple
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars for Catching Chance by M.E. Parker. This is book 2 in The Gilcrest University Guys. Andy and Chance are together at least in private. Andy isn’t sure if he is right for Chance even though he loves him. He just isn’t sure he can handle not being a couple out in the open. Chance is still struggling with coming out. He is worried because he is the quarterback , and his dad is the pastor. They love each other but is love enough. “I’ve been chasing you my whole life, I’m smart enough to know ...more
Angie
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part 2 Sports MM Romance

3.5 stars!

This is part 2 of the Andy and Chance Romance. While book 1 focused on background and a reunion, book 2 focuses on the acceptance/ coming out phase of a relationship with a closet case.

It was a good story but didn't stand out as super unique. I found the chosen family of friends to be my favorite part and I'm DYING for the rest of the Gilcrest Gays books. Cam is hilarious! Reading the sneak peek at Cam's book has left me wanting. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Overall, thi
Edga
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read.

This was an ok read, much netter than book 1. It kind of brought together and explained Chase's reasons for being as he is. I still felt that Andy was a bit of a pushover where Chase was concerned, which annoyed me no end. The story was slow to take off, for the first part of the book. However, things did eventually look up, and i really enjoyed the last part of the story. The ending was so sweet. I also enjoyed the secondary characters introduced by the author, especiaĺly Cam. This
Shelly
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is technically a standalone, but as many people have said here, it's more enjoyable if the previous book is read first. Catching Chance is a sweet, low-angst book that delivers a sweeping HEA for Chance and Andy. Chance finally makes up for his mistakes from the first book...but only after making even more heartbreaking mistakes in this one. But make up for them, he does. The second half of the book is a tidal wave of over-the-top sweetness, which Andy definitely deserves. I enjoyed th ...more
Courtney Turner
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so so in love with this book. It’s one of those books you don’t want to end. You will definitely be sad at the end not because it’s a sad ending but because you will miss Chance and Andy.

This story is about forgiveness, acceptance and redemption. Chance has to come into his own and finally realize that being gay is not gonna ruin his life. And Andy is his one true happiness. Their story definitely isn’t the easiest but it’s so worth the journey.

I’m so glad we get Cam’s story cause I have fall
MaryCT
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This author does write well and I was enjoying this book until around the 50% mark, then it just started to feel dragged out (I found myself skimming). I'm so tired of the religious people being the bad guys. Seriously, this has been done enough times; time for a more original plot point. By the end of the book with the whole "coming out party" and everyone being so accepting, it felt overdone. We don't live in a cotton candy world where everything is going to turn out so perfectly. I do like a ...more
Shannon Tolen
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is part-two of the Chasing/Catching Chance Story-line. This one starts out with Chance asking Andy to be his boyfriend but still not wanting to be "out". Andy, is fighting his nature to hide their relationship with his desire to be with Chance. After an unfortunate incident with a teammate, Chance has to decide whether he wants to maintain his discretion with the team or his relationship with Andy.
This book is an absolute amazing follow-up to Chasing Chance. In the first book, I loved the b
T
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catching Chance is a continuation from the. 1st book and I really liked it! Chance and Andy are together but in secret as Chance isn't out. Watching Chance fall in love with Andy but then struggle to be his real self in public was hard and I felt for both men. They were adorable and sweet so their love story was fun to follow along! Their friends were entertaining also and I can't wait for more from this author!
I received an Advanced Reader Copy and am happy to voluntarily leave my review
Tara Ramey
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww. Loved it!

Mostly told in alternating dual POV. This book probably could have been read as a standalone but you get so much more out of it if you read book 1. There’s a good amount of sexy M/M scenes and a lot of humor, which is important to offset some of the tissue moments. There’s more angst in this book but it’s all relatable. Loved the supporting characters. Can’t wait for Cam’s book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Quarterback Sneak (Sugar Land Saints, #1)
  • Broken Play (Sugar Land Saints #2)
  • Recovered Fumble (Sugar Land Saints #3)
  • Fling (Nothing Serious #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • A Breath Apart
  • First Time
  • I'm Not Your Jock (Spring Break #1)
  • Risk
  • The Rivalry
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Out in the Field (Out in College, #4)
  • Project Hero
  • Out in Spring (Out in College, #6)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Out on the Ice (Out in College, #5)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Mary Esther Parker ...more

Gilcrest University Guys (2 books)
  • Chasing Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #1)

News & Interviews