Start by marking “Murder at Macbeth” as Want to Read:
Murder at Macbeth

Murder at Macbeth

International Flash 500 Novel Award Longlist

WHOSE DEADLY SECRET HAS TAKEN CENTRE STAGE?

When a talented, young actress unwittingly stabs herself live onstage after a prop knife is tampered with, suspicion immediately falls on her eclectic band of castmates.

But who had the motive to kill the show's leading lady?

As the insightful, yet disillusioned, Detective Inspector Finley
Published May 17th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Murder at Macbeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at Macbeth

Simi Sunny
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had this book as an advanced copy. I had the priveledge of reading this wonderful story. An amazing, suspenseful debut novel about two detectives solving a mystery, where you can see every cast's background. You will love and hate them, but you will see how it will lead up to the crime.

You can also check out the review if you grab a copy of her book. Defintely worth to read it for those who are in into mystery, drama, and crime fiction story!
Randee Green
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a real knife is substituted for a prop knife, an actress playing Lady Macbeth accidently stabs herself on stage on opening night. While Nikki Gowon clings to life in a London hospital, Detective Inspector Finley Robson and partner, Detective Sergeant Nadia Zahra, investigate her director and her six co-stars. Everyone has a reason to have wanted Nikki dead, but only one of them is responsible for switching the knives.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading MURDER AT MACBETH, and the novel kept me gue
Devyani
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

FAVORITE QUOTES:

“A story doesn’t make sense if you rip out the earlier chapters, no matter how much you want to pretend they didn’t happen.”

“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.”

“God is the omnipresent king and we are merely his playthings for amusement to do with what he fancies. Akin to a spiteful child stomping on ants purely because he could. Or worse, taking out a magnifying glass in the summer heat and frying them to death just to watch
Bekah Hosford
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand?
-Macbeth: Act 2, Scene 1

Every director hopes that their theater production's opening night will be a night to remember--that it will be written in all the papers with glowing reviews. No one expects to see an ancestress's supposed death on stage turn into a real murder most foul, and yet, in Samantha Goodwin's Murder at Macbeth, that is exactly what happens. One minute Nikki Gowon is killing it on stage, and the next moment, she ha
Stephanie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When an aspiring actress, Nikki Gowan, stabs herself live onstage after a prop knife is switched with a real knife, suspicion falls on her director and six castmates. The fact that the suspects are all actors makes the job tougher for Detective Inspector Finley Robson and his partner, Detective Sergeant Nadia Zahra, who must figure out who had the strongest motive to plan this murder.

I really enjoyed the way the story unfolded. We meet the suspects and get their sides of the story in a series of
Becka
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good murder mystery and this story did not disappoint!

Our mystery follows the kooky cast of characters set to perform one of the most famous and notoriously cursed plays in history, Shakespeare's Macbeth. Our victim is a seemingly innocent girl named Nikki, who has a passion for the theatre and her role as leading lady, Lady Macbeth. In scene that normally doesn't exist, our leading lady is tragically struck down by her own hand when a prop knife is swapped out with a real one.

With th
Beatriz
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for sending me an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
As some of you may know, I’m not the biggest fan of murder mysteries but it’s a genre I’m actively trying to get more into, and after reading the synopsis of this book I had to give it a shot (seriously, go read it and then tell me you’re not curious about the book)!
This is like reading a modern-day Poirot mystery or watching a good crime tv show! The book starts with a bang, it goes straight to point
Shelley
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do read a great deal of crime and thriller novels and so I was delighted to receive a copy of Samantha’s debut to review.

A young leading lady is killed on stage during the opening night of Macbeth, a play already shrouded in ill-fated superstition. Soon the police are wading through a cast of characters each hiding secrets of their own but which one holds the key to the murder?

This is a good, old fashioned murder mystery. Clues are drip fed along the way as each suspect is interviewed by the p
Danie Jaye
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A suspenseful debut that keeps you guessing until the end!

I was sent this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I love books that have you on the edge of your toes, flipping through each page with an anxious anticipation in order to get to the end. This book did not disappoint.

Goodwin was able to create a story from various perspectives that aided to the overall mystery of the plot. As with perception, this helped the reader see the case through the eyes of the different characters in order to dr
Leah Skinner
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder at Macbeth is active, suspenseful and utterly thrilling; I couldn't put this book down!

As a debut release, Murder at Macbeth delivers to readers everything that a classic whodunnit should: murder, mystery, intrigue, and a compelling plot with vivid characters that will keep you turning page after page.

Murder at Macbeth is packed with suspense, and I love the active pace of this story. By chapter two we have a scene unfold, yet the best is still to come as the story continues to peel back
Laura Mandefield
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. You are drawn straight into the drama as it unfolds on stage. I was intrigued by the range of characters and loved how we gradually found out more about each character’s backstory and why the leading lady met an untimely death. The author develops a compelling partnership in Detective Inspector Finley Robson and Detective Sergeant Nadia Zahra and tells the story in such a way that it is both gripping and easy to follow. So many twists and turns made this a thrilling re ...more
Kelly Finnerty
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely unputdownable! This was a compulsive page-turner that gripped me from the very start. The highly original premise sets the scene for an intriguing murder mystery that unfolds in dramatic style as secrets are revealed about the fascinating cast of suspects. I was so enthralled by all the twists that I stayed up most of the night to finish it! Would thoroughly recommend!
Athena
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ...more
Shancurty Ignacio
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Relatable characters and a unique storyline. Realistically written and feels as though you're watching a blockbuster hit crime movie. Plus, this story makes you think who-did-this who-did-that. Fantastic!
KayCee K
Nikki Totton
Rh1ane
Adrian
May 19, 2019
Samantha Goodwin has written professionally for her business career as a Chartered Marketing Manager for over a decade before turning her hand to fiction. As an avid crime fiction fan, she regularly participates in the renowned Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate and completed their prestigious Crime Writing Creative Workshop. She also relishes attending literature festivals ...more