Start by marking “Fire” as Want to Read:
Fire

Fire

One shared look across a crowded club, and their worlds collided.

Their attraction had been instantaneous and hotter than the fire burning in his soul.

But Blake Stone didn't do relationships. Relationships meant emotions, and he didn’t have the kind a woman would want.

Or need.

Anger, greed, lust, bitterness, hatred—he had in spades.

But a woman like Gwen, she would want
Published May 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Fire, by Sarah Curtis, is a full length, stand alone romance. For me, writing a review for a book that just blew me away, that hit me like a hurricane, that stole the heart right out of my body, is hardest of all. I worry, what if I can’t say the right things to convince everyone of this book’s awesomeness? What if my words aren’t enough? That is the case with this book. Because Blake and Gwen were everything. I hope you’ll read on and let me tell you about them.

Gwen Butler is almost twenty eigh
Carvanz
Holy fireballs! I never expected this story to entail all the feels that this one did! I’ve read and loved everything by this author but I she’s never written a hero like this before and I absolutely LOVED him!

description

When a girl’s night out leads Gwen to seeing the dark man standing in the middle of the hottest club in LA, she’s disappointed that he’s gone in the next instant. A VIP invite opens the door for a chance to find him but instead, he finds her. She soon realizes that he’s more than just his
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I am constantly on the lookout for books that have that intense, jealous and protective alpha but written maturely with a mature storyline. This is one of those books. I really loved everything about Blake and Gwen's story.

I usually gush all over the hero first but I think Gwen deserves first attention. She was amazing! I'm always frustrated with how heroines respond to heroes in certain situations, but not with Gwen. She reacted just as I wanted her to every time. Instead of having fits or dem
Stacey is Sassy
She’s too good for him, but at least he admits it…

A sign that I’ve read a good story is when I’m able to love a hero after he’s been a complete DOUCHWAFFLE. While I’m in the moment, he’s doomed and I’m convinced there’s no way I’ll forgive him. But, give me a good reason for acting like a tool, admittance of guilt, mixed with a substantial grovel, I can be persuaded to give them a second chance. If that grovel includes a declaration (one of the L's - like, love or lust, I'm not fussy) and a toke
Paula
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well hot diggity damn! I went in cautiously & expected to DNF this one, but surprisingly, I liked it! Whoohoo!

Blake owns a nightclub and has a rough past. He has never been in a relationship and only does ONS – until he meets Gwen, a fashion consultant, and falls for her from first sight.

This is a safe read. There is no OW & some OM (a guy who Gwen works with has a crush on her & they go on one date). There is no sex scenes with OP and no past ex’s to obsess about. (Hallelujah!)

The
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Paused at maybe 70% and bitter ranting and obscenities ahead!!!!!!

IMO!!!!!!!!

First off I'll say that this author WAS one of only 2 who's books I never waited on reviews for, I just pre-ordered and cracked it open at my leisure. In fact Nico from Bad Beat is one of my BBFs so I've got mad love for this author......but Honestly? I'm stunned that she wrote this.

From the very first meeting of the "hero" I was a bit put off, his initial thoughts about the h surprised me coming from this author. By c
Princess under cover
Read it really fast. Not because I was skipping but because there wasn't a whole lot there to keep my attention. Not sure where the 5 stars are coming from... Let me back up and explain:

In books like these, I expect to see emotional tension, I expect to see layers. While the books doesn't have major errors and it was easy to read (because it was so straightforward and SIMPLE!), it just lacked the special ingredient or magic of a truly good book.

The H seems to be a control-freak alpha. He has ver
Carla Bulian
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Tricia Len
This story just consumed me....like Fire! Do you believe in love at first sight? That you can see across a crowed room and find a sudden awareness that sinks deeply into your soul? I do.

description

The heroine, Gwen, is sweet and funny and modern. I love her spirit! She is genuine and beautiful inside and out. She is holding out for a real love. And she finds him across a crowed room and she feels him to her toes.

The hero, Blake, is everything that Gwen is not. He is darkness and secrets and control.

The mo
Christy
I’m going to start this review with full disclosure. I was fortunate to get a peek at it a bit early. I also promptly pre-ordered it. I’m not a professional anything...I’m a reader. Fire has a firm place on my favorites shelf. Our H is an enigmatic club owner who stumbles across his destiny in the form of,Gwen, a personal shopper/stylist who’s as low key as they come. Her down to earth nature and the natural diplomacy that comes with working with top tier clients in retail are the antithesis to ...more
Treena
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen is a heroine that I'd love to have as a friend. She's so relatable. I really like that she's level-headed, smart, and savvy (fashion-wise and emotionally).

Blake, on the other hand, is a sweet asshole. He's infuriatingly sexy and somehow endearing. But then again, let me just say that I really like a lovable alpha-hole H and Blake totally fits the bill.

This was a great romantic read that I enjoyed very much.

*Note: I was granted an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Sandy Nikolas
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Wow! So good and so well done! This is a roller coaster ride, but so worth it! Gwen and Blake learn a lot from each other. I don’t want to give anything away, but everyone needs to hop on this train when it’s released. 5 stars all the way.
Nicla
Another enjoyable read from Sarah Curtis. This one however is little bit different especially the hero Blake. He is damaged, demanding and possessive. At times I wasn't sure what I thought of him especially with his constant push pull but he did win me over in the end. Gwen I liked instantly. She is a very sweet heroine.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple s
Sandra
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, arc
Another hit from one of my favorite authors!! Fire by Sarah Curtis had pretty much everything I love in a contemporary romance. Gwen and Blake’s journey towards their happily ever after was filled with so many emotions, heartbreaking internal thoughts and sexy sexy times. Blake is the quintessential Sarah Curtis’ alpha male that I absolutely adore; a man who automatically knows who the woman is to him and does whatever he has to to claim her. Don’t get me wrong, Blake has some major issues that ...more
M.L.
With Fire, Sarah Curtis took me on an emotional rollercoaster. She delivered a beautiful, heartfelt, scorching hot, must-read contemporary romance with a strong heroine, a tortured hero, and plenty of sexy moments.

Gwen has a strength that I admire. Her ability to understand, to forgive, to love . . . is vast and beautiful. Because of this, Gwen has become my favorite of Ms. Curtis’s heroines.
Ruby Ap.
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning :)
Blake and Gwen were meant to be but these two definitely don't have an easy road toward their happy ending. They have to overcome obstacles and also inner demons, especially Blake in order to be together and happy. There were times I wanted to smack Blake so hard but then I would feel sorry for his inner struggle with his feelings towards Gwen and thinking he wasn't good enough for her due to his horrid father and his actions that occurred when he was younger. He was definitely a man worth suffe ...more
MichelleG
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "I want more heroines like Gwen" stars.

Can I just say how much I adore storylines with heroines that act rationally and more like a PERSON rather than a character in a book. That was Gwen; a mature 20 something female with a real job that she actually showed up for and factored in her relationship decisions. She was so straightforward with no game play (and I mean that in such a good way). I. Love. Her.

Blake was the quintessential broody, mysterious and damaged hero who falls for Gwen almost
Darlene
Sammi  Jayne Brooks
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sammi by: Paula
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I have never been so indecisive with choosing a star rating before!! I have gone from 5 stars to 4 stars to 4.5 stars rounded down to 4.5 stars rounded up all throughout writing this review. EDIT RIGHT BEFORE CLICKING SAVE: 5 STARS!!!

At first Blake was really annoying, you have to admit he was acting like an arse, even if he had his reasons. After I learnt why he was acting like that it made sense, it still didn't excuse it but I am glad he sorted himself out. At this point I was heading towards
Nicole
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Curtis has done it again! She writes hero’s that you just can’t help but love, even if they’re being a douche bag at times.
And Gwen, our heroine is awesome! I love how she handled Blake when he was pushing her away. And how she helped him deal with his awful childhood. You can understand why Blake was so closed off after you read what he went thru.
Might I add I do love when the H gets all crazy jealous and possessive. Blake did that in spades. Not to the point you thought he was a psycho
Mina Kalidas
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hot combustible sexy read about Blake and Gwen. Loved their instant connection. The twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't stop reading until I finished this thrilling sexy intense story. What Blake went thru was complete hell and how he turned himself around was amazing. Gwen was the light to his darkness. Loved this story and I can't wait to read more by Sarah Curtis.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars. This was a good book! Fire is Blake and Gwen's story. Blake owns the club, Fire, that Gwen's best friend drags her out to. They make eye contact across the club and can't get each other out of their minds. Blake pursues Gwen and, even though he doesn't think of himself as a relationship guy, the two of them can't stay apart. The more time they spend together, the closer they become, but Blake has secrets divulge before he and Gwen can be together for real.

This book was really good. The
Lynn
May 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
26 Chapters - Epilogue.

And, another flop.

I swear, I've had the worse luck lately because I can't find anything worth reading.

To tell you the truth, even my favorite authors are disappointing me since they've gotten lost in marketing and decided to write what the last million has repeatedly written.

description

Firstly, I didn't like the writing. He-she-his-hers is not my cuppa. I'd rather be shown instead of told.

description

Secondly, I hated the characters. The Hero is not likable at all. Not, even an ounce. And,
Jen ❥
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story and rate it 4.5 stars. Loved both the H and h, but the only aspect that detracted a bit from my enjoyment was the push-and-pull component. While I could understand it, I just felt it went on a tad too long. Other than that, this book hit the spot and will be one I reread when I want a yummy j/p hero and a classy heroine.
French Press Bookworm Blog
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah does it yet again. She sucks you in to a story that basically keeps holding on until the end. These two were perfect for each other. Gwen was the kind of chick you want as a BFF. She was loyal and solid. She was funny and forgiving. I loved that she didn’t hold a grudge but she also wasn’t a doormat. She didn’t let Blake wall all over her. And she didn’t have crazy expectations. She met Blake where he was loved him for it. Oh and how I loved Blake. He was alpha to the core. You were sucked ...more
Karma Queen
***ARC Provided in exchange for honest review***

"Blake Stone."
God, he had a sexy name too.

Gwen's life is going fairly well. She shares an apartment with her best friend (Allie) and has a job (personal shopper) that she likes. Things are about to get more interesting after a night out at the hottest (ha ha) club in town, FIRE. She spots Blake and is smitten. Turns out the feeling is mutual. But Blake is not a guy who does relationships. However, when it comes to Gwen he is willing to try.

"I want
Carol Ann
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fire Fire Fire!!!

This book gave me all the feels! I was happy, sad *I even cried but.. That's just because I'm an emotional reader* angry and back to being happy! Gwen and Blake are just perfect together. They're love and chemistry was definitely Fire!
A Klue
Blake and Gwen, the main couple, set the pages on fire in this smoking hot new release by Sarah Curtis. What you also get here is loads of back and forth relationship angst, where the finger of blame seems to point solely at one person.

Since I know love can be a battlefield in romantic reads, I can usually roll with the punches when necessary, even it it means taking a direct sucker punch hit or two straight to the heart. In fact, I’m kind of a sucker myself for that type of scenario. Mainly be
Leslee
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen hasn't given up on finding love, the heart pounding kind of love. She spots a man in the nightclub Fire who gets her attention like no other. He looks at her and its like everyone else disappears. Too bad he disappears into the crowd. Blake doesn't know what it is about the dark cinnamon haired woman that caught his attention but he has no intention of letting her escape. When he jams his foot in his mouth at their next meeting, he has to work hard to get her to go out with him. Feelings ar ...more
Lexi
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In fire you meet Gwen and Blake. Gwen is truly the good girl, she stands on her own two feet doesn't expect a man to swoop in and ever save the day for her, but she also believes in love and is looking forward to finding it one day herself but is also happy to enjoy the ride while she waits. Blake is the essential broody, moody, alpha that gives you ALL the feels. Gwen and her roommate in one of the hottest nightclubs Fire. Gwen continues throughout the night to make eye contact with Blake and t ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
I write steamy contemporary romance novels about sexy alpha males and the heroines who steal their hearts.

On a personal note, I'm addicted to coffee, Red Bull, Lay's potato chips, and my Kindle. When I'm not writing—which is hardly ever, hence the addiction to coffee and Red Bull—I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, and watching football—Go Pack Go!

I love interacting with other readers s