Start by marking “Stop! Breathe! and Think!: Children books on Problem solving - Emotions- Feelings” as Want to Read:

Stop! Breathe and Think! is about Lemar, a girl who loses her drawing at preschool and becomes confused about her feelings. children will feel accomplished when they engage in solving a mystery! This could be a great story for Parents and teachers to scaffold with children about feelings, self-regulation skills, and problem-solving. The storyline includes open-ended questi ...more
Published April 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stop! Breathe! and Think!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop! Breathe! and Think!

Start your review of Stop! Breathe! and Think!: Children books on Problem solving - Emotions- Feelings
Jack Purser
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nesrine Ahmad Sleiman delivers a great story about a young girl named Lemar learning how to process losing a drawing that she created. This book provides a great example of how to cope and process emotions by keeping valuables in safe places and labeling our possessions. I recommend this book for preschoolers to second graders. The story is easy to follow, illustrations are appealing, and provides a lesson of forgetfulness, disappointment, and situational anxiety.
Jane(Janelba)
A really nice little book dealing with children's emotions. Lemar loses her drawing and becomes upset. She gets over it with her teacher's help - Stop, Breathe and Think. Very good book for explaining how little ones are feeling.
Cute illustrations too.

I received a free EARC of this book from Booksirens, the publisher and author in exchange for an honest review.
Leona
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just a simple book about a little girl, Lemar, who gets upset easily. He teacher helps her Stop, Breathe, and Think before getting upset. Sometimes, kids need to hear something from another person and this is a cute book that has a lesson.
Cindy Shirley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for young children

This is a wonderful way to teach children how to handle their emotions. It gives a child a new way of seeing problems that doesn't involve crying and throwing a fit. Parents and Teachers will appreciate this story.
Gg
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Breathe 100% works

My 5 year old is exactly like Lemar she is very sensitive and cry’s about everything but I always use the breathe everything’s going to be okay! And she is okay after counting to 10. My daughter loves this book!
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She drew a picture and went to help her friend build a tower. She came back and the picture was gone. She was very upset and crying. The whole class looked and found it on the trash. The drawing had no name on it. Instead of yelling or crying what can she do?
This is a wonderful book for young children about problem solving. They can use the stop and breathe method to get their emotions under control. The illustrations are terrific to go with this important book.
Karlene Froling
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love it

Simple and to the point. This is a great read for circle time and bedtime to help children understand self-control and problem solving. Recommended.
Rebecca
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forgetfulness carelessness think be smart

Such an important lesson for children to learn. Keeping things in their right place, naming things and not getting angry without just cause. I am going to read it to my children today. It is very easy to lose your temper when you lose your things, but it takes a wise person to think before they act. A short and wise story.
Yannie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember my mom always tell me to stop crying because crying doesn't solve a thing. This story teaches children how to calm down when they're dealing with strong emotions. I think, it's a must read to children for them to learn how to calm themselves down. They will enjoy reading it too because of the beautiful illustrations.

Disclaimer: I got this book from Book Sirens in exchange for an honest review.
Ellery Alouette
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for young children to help manage their emotions, It is delightful with charming illustrations. It will be very relatable for children. Highly recommended!!
Carissa Teixeira
This was an excellent and quick read. It is great for children who may have difficulty self-soothing. It is short enough to be read to very young children as long as some words are explained. The illustrations were fun and warm.

Daisy Fabelo
I loved the BOOK! I too was a head start teacher for over 14 years. It is so funny how she shares the amazing ways teachers create to help their students. We do not see them as students. I had children in my class that would get there at 6 am and leave at 6:30 pm. We, teachers, are sometimes more than teachers.

The story expresses a sense of control over anxious feelings. Especially when some children cannot control their emotions. I love breathing the counting. I use to sing to my students. THEY
Jewel Hart
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent children's book. I highly recommend. ...more
Nancy
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little book about solving problems

I thought this was a lovely short book which will help kids control their emotions. I read it to my youngest child this morning and think he will be able to rake the lesson on. Enjoyable and to the point.
Aysha Imran
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksirens
Received this ARC from BookSirens for an honest review.

This is the first book I read from this writer and expecting many more.Being an Early childhood development teacher I can relate to this book and the strategy .A very helpful book for parents and teachers .

It's important to teach children how to control their emotions and how to cope different situations.it's a skill for life .I highly recommend this book.
Toby Williams
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Learning to Pause

When Lemar loses her art work, her teacher has the solution with three simple steps. This story teaches children how to cope with frustration and disappointment by a breathing technique which helps clear the mind. The calm solution will become clear. A good practice for young and old.
Richard Linville
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Book for Adults and Children to Discuss

Children and adults can learn how to handle difficult situations by reading this wonderfully informative book. I highly recommend this book.
James Taiwo
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Graphic Book for toddlers

It’s a full graphic colored book that any toddler will find interesting. I wish to learn more in the next edition.
Barbara Ann
This book will help preschool children learn how to handle feelings of anger and frustration, LeMar is drawing a picture when she is distracted by a group of children building a tower who ask for her help. She assists with the tower and later returns to finish her drawing. To her chagrin, the drawing has disappeared. Teachers and classmates search for it and find it in the garbage. LeMar's feelings are hurt. The teacher encourages her student to Stop, Think and Breathe. First, she must stop cryi ...more
Ninu Nair
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
‘Stop! Breathe and Think!’ is a book that you can read with your little one and explain how they can deal with their anger and disappointment. In the book, Lemar cannot deal with the disappointment of losing her drawing and decides to throw a tantrum.

A preschooler is going through such troubled times, adjusting with the new surrounding at school and new children in the classroom. There are times when children do not know how to deal with their feelings, especially as they lose something or aren’
Pamela Tomlin
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A book for the preschooler coping with emotions in the classroom.

Emotions in a preschool classroom can escalate in a moment. Many times young children are simply not able to express their anger or sadness with words. This book may be a positive way for teachers and/or parents to guide children on how to handle these mad or sad feelings in a more positive, productive way. Nice illustrations!

Charity  Bartley Howard
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stop! Breathe and Think! is an interesting story teaching about feelings and important skills including problem solving. Children get to enjoy a mystery. I recommend this story for teachers and parents because it is helpful and children will enjoy it. The beautiful and vivid illustrations are engaging along with some open-ended questions that keep children in the story. It is good for preschool and early elementary, but older children can benefit as well.
Steve Bellinger
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simple but poweful

The power of this little book is its straightforwardness and the fact that it deal with only one specific issue, as much as a young child can be expected to handle. And it does so very well. I know a few older children and maybe an adult or two who should read this!
Max Fischer
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Controlling emotions 101

...as it should be when dealing with pre-schoolers. As a retired teacher, I value the importance of emotional intelligence. The older kids grow with mismanaged emotions, the harder their lives become. I feel this book has an important purpose, one I hope more and more parents realize.
Ellen
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Seriously?

I almost purchased the hard copy - but figured I’d preview through Kindle. It was barely worth $.99. One short vignette that really was not easily transferrable to other situations. Not enough background.
Angeline Tan
Sep 21, 2019
Dominique "Eerie" Sobieska
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2019
Sep 09, 2019

• I Am Awesome!
  • Sometimes When I’m Sad
  • Catching Fireflies
  • Walks in the Garden (The BackYard Trio Book 1)
  • Can You Hear Me?
  • Elephant, Please!
  • The Familiar Dead: Spiritualism and Ghosts in American Culture
  • GENETIC MEMORY, Our Ancestor's Left Us Their Secrets
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Whispered Wishes
  • A Night in Babylon
  • The Women of the South (The Voyage Book 1)
  • Rupert's Snowman
  • The Magical Garden
  • Oil and Water
  • The Tales of the Magic Piano
  • Rosco the Rascal's Ghost Town Adventure: An Illustrated Chapter Adventure for Kids 6-8 and Kids 8-10
  • Upscaling Life: A Pragmatist’s Guide to Setting and Achieving Personal Goals