Start by marking “Haunted Flint” as Want to Read:
Haunted Flint

Haunted Flint

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  53 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Flint, Michigan, is home to ancient burial grounds, unsolved murders, economic depression, a water crisis and emits an unholy energy rife with ghostly encounters.

Colonel Thomas Stockton's ever-vigilant ghost keeps a watchful eye over his family home at Spring Grove, where guests occasionally hear the thump of his heavy boots. Restless spirits long separated from their grav
Published September 2nd 2019 by The History Press

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Flint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Flint

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Haunted Flint
Lee Husemann
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, Haunted Flint, because I lived in the Flint area for years and I was familiar with the majority of the places that were mentioned and researched. The book is very well researched, well written and I enjoyed all of the pictures. This is a must read for Flint history lovers.
Louise Morris
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quite an interesting look at the history and Haunting of Flint, Michigan. A quick read that really draws you in and informs of historical facts that are interesting and entertaining.
Serena Synn
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing collection of haunted history locations in Flint. I had no idea Flint was filled with so many ghost stories and interesting locations.

Art the Turtle of Amazing Girth
More about the history side than the haunted side, it is a fascinating quick read about the more well known spots in Flint.

Worth the money.
Alicia Reviews
Aug 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Bewitching Book Tours presents
Ghosts and Legends of Genesee and Lapeer Counties, Haunted America Series by Roxanne Rhoads and Joe Schipan

Book Description:

Ghost stories and urban legends lurk throughout Genesee and Lapeer counties.

A Clio man's spirit is thought to still reside in the junkyard office where he was murdered.

For almost two centuries, the Flushing area has been fascinated by tales of the wealthy Brent family whose land is connected to numerous tales of murder, mystery, and ghosts.
M.K.
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history, ghost-story
A good ghost story told right sticks in your memory and haunts you. Haunted Flint does just that. It is a collection of events that in turn spawned ghosts in troubled Flint. The co-contributors unravel the tragic tale of Flint in both words and photos. Would recommend you getting the digital copy to be able to enlarge the photos
Jacquie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a quick read about houses and places in my hometown. Excellent explanation on the architecture of these beautiful buildings.
Toccara Westbrook
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not only did it give great stories about hauntings it also gave a great telling of the history of Flint, Michigan.
Steven Rose
Jan 07, 2022 rated it liked it
The book was good in terms of providing history of Flint; But provided almost nothing in terms of hauntings.

Most chapters are historical in nature and then end with “do you think spiritus could visit?” Or “none of these experiences have substantial backing”. Etc.

So if you’re looking for Flint history, this is good. If you’re looking for history and drama, then not so much.
Joseph Tristan
Nov 02, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stories

Great history of a once great city. Both authors did a fantastic job with the history of both the people of the city and the businesses that built the city.
The paranormal stories were fascinating and written well.
Teresa
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I learned some interesting tidbits about my hometown. However, I'm only giving this three stars due to the grammatical errors and the lack of continuity. It doesn't really flow well. I felt that the majority of the book was set-up more like a list of places and their strange occurrences. ...more
Christine Heron
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting Flint history with a little ghostly flavor. I wish it included addresses as well as photos of what these places look like today. Maybe even a map.
M.K.
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read

Interesting twist on the ghost story by including local history that may have influenced it. Photos were an added bonus. Kept me reading past my bed time.
Brent Bonet
While not terribly well written, this was definitely a worthwhile and quick read. While I'm not quite convinced of the paranormal events, I found so much fascinating information about the history of the great city of Flint. Recommended. ...more
Hilary Dudek

• Run Rose Run
  • The Things We Cannot Say
  • The Quiet Girl
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • My Heart Is a Chainsaw (The Lake Witch Trilogy, #1)
  • The Four Winds
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • Too Good to Be True
  • Love Remembered
  • The Book Woman's Daughter (The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, #2)
  • Murder in an Irish Village (Irish Village Mystery #1)
  • The Summer Getaway

Roxanne Rhoads is an author, book publicist, mixed media crafter, and lover of all things spooky.

Roxanne is the owner of Bewitching Book Tours, a virtual book tour and social media marketing company, she operates Fang-tastic Books, a book blog dedicated to paranormal and urban fantasy books, and she runs the blog, A Bewitching Guide to All Things Halloween, which is dedicated to everything Hallowe