Start by marking “When Good Ghosts Get the Blues (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
When Good Ghosts Get the Blues (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #3)

When Good Ghosts Get the Blues

(Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery #3)

5 hours, 2 minutes

Vacation goals…

I have them. Real life is not cooperating.

I don’t require poolside margaritas under a fancy cabana to have a good time. All I wanted was ten ghost-free days to enjoy sightseeing New Orleans with my boyfriend, to admire art galleries, listen to live music, and eat as many beignets as I can before my pants stop buttoning.

I might as well
Audiobook
Published April 30th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published November 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about When Good Ghosts Get the Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Good Ghosts Get the Blues

Start your review of When Good Ghosts Get the Blues (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #3)
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I recently reviewed Betwixtwhich has a variety of novellas set in the town, and is a bridge between Beechwood Harbor Magic Mysteries and the Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mysteries , and introduces Scarlet. Ghost Hunter Next Door is the first in her series. The books of both series are in Kindle Unlimited.

In When Good Ghosts Get
☕️Kimberly
Poor Flapjack and Hayward. They tried so hard to change Scarlett’s mind, but she’s determined to have a ghost free vacation. The Big Easy, chocolate and romance lose their luster when Lucas is accused of murder! Before you know it Gwen, Flapjack, and Hayward will come to Scarlet’s aid as the case against Lucas worsens.

The case took center stage, and NOLA became a backdrop despite a few fun scenes in the beginning. This was an intense one with all clues pointing directly at poor Lucas. He
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Picking up shortly after the conclusion of the previous story, Scarlet is going on a week’s vacation to New Orleans with boyfriend Lucas, where he is working. She is insistent the trip be ghost-free, so Flapjack, Hayward, and Gwen are left home. But of course, the no-ghost zone doesn’t last 24 hours as Scarlet runs into a spirit at Lucas’s project site. The ghost warns that there is a malevolent spirit trapped in the library, so she’s making havoc on the set to keep people from entering. Cue the ...more
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

In this story, Scarlett heads to the Big Easy for ghost free vacation and to see Lucas at his new location in New Orleans. I’m not always a fan of when authors take their characters to new locations. As a fan of secondary characters, I tend to miss them when the main character travels without them. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t. This one worked.

Scarlett goes to the set with Lucas only to find that
Sophia
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scarlett is going on vacation to the Big Easy where her boyfriend, Lucas, is working the security for a home improvement show set. This is a ghost-free trip and she plans to enjoy it. But, of course, the universe laughs at her 'vacation rules' and delivers her a murder in which Lucas is suspect number one and the house for the show is haunted by a dangerous ghost. Not all the beignets in New Orleans are enough for this stressful trip.

When Good Ghosts Get the Blues is book three in the Beechwood
Heike
Ghost Whisperer Scarlet visits boyfriend and security chief of a house-renovating-TV-show in New Orleans. While he takes a week off his job (*huh* - he can do that) to show her the sights a murder happens at the set. Guess who the main suspect is?

Something about this series got me hooked, and I am overlooking super sloppy editing, a stupid female protagonist who refuses to use the tools she has on hand, an exceptional bland male protagonist, and a story line that has so many holes in it that a
Karlene Browning
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun-ish, quick paranormal cozy to pass the time. This time the best characters (Scarlet's ghost friends) were a smaller part of the story. There was the big bad ghost that had to be found and controlled, but the talking cat and the others that are usually major characters didn't show up for awhile.

The plot felt a little rushed and not fully fleshed out. There was a murder to solve, but I didn't feel like there were enough clues to the culprit to make it a fulfilling reveal for the
Catherine
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarlet Sings the Blues.

Lucas and New Orleans. The food, the shops, the sights! The murder? Scar heads NOLA way to vacation with Lucas while he is on location for everyone's favourite TV DIY show. A gorgeous house to renovate in the Garden District has to come with a ghost of two, right? This one has the two. While Lucas & Scarlett check out the house, a Pendergrass into Lucas in front of everyone. Lucas keeps his cool but later the producer is found dead of a cracked skull In The library
Krystyna
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chances shouldn't be wasted.

Another great easy read that speeds through with lightening speed. Great characters and a return of a couple of one's from other books.
She has finally managed to convince her ghosts that she is going to see Lucas on her own. The ghosts don't like it but agree. Now they are eating their way around New Orleans. A trip to a mystic shop gives them both bad vibes so they leave without any sort of reading but are then forced to attend the new renovation after an
Thomas Tymstone
Jessi
Scarlet is visiting her boyfriend, Lucas, in New Orleans on the set of the reality TV show he provides security for. He is especially excited to learn that she has left her regular trio of ghosts behind (since it takes so much to get them on an airplane.)
While there, she meets the ghost guarding the house. This one isn't one opposed to the renovations. In fact, she'd prefer that they tear the whole darn house down. Including the ghost, Raymond, who is trapped in a mirror in the library. Raymond
Relina Skye
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Good Ghosts Get the Blues is the third book in the Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery by Danielle Garrett. Scarlet just wants to spend a week with Lucas enjoying the sights of New Orleans while stuffing herself silly. Unfortunately, there is the little matter of a murder that occurs and the blame falls on Lucas.
Overall, I enjoyed reading this novel. The plot was good and the characters are fun. Can't wait for the next one.
Sherrel
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Good Ghosts Get the Blues

This book just wow'ed me!
I really enjoy the characters in this book and like that this series intermingles with another series.
The plot was well thought out and I never figured the murderer would be who it was.
The setting was perfect--having visited New Orleans a good many times, I could just see the streets, shops and cafes described.
The Epilogue was the 'wow' factor for me--read the series in order, then see what you think!
Cheri Schaefer
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extraordinary addition to this series!!

The time waiting for this book to come out
was well worth it!! The story line was truly
intriguing and the plot was fantastic! I totally
enjoyed the interaction between ghosts and
humans. If course, my favorite ghost is
Flapjack! He's kinda like a ghostly Grumpy
Cat. This is a series I will most definitely keep
up with! Please don't take too long getting
the next book in this series to your fans!!
JOHN C
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Ghostly caper in New Orleans

Scarlet Sanderson and her boyfriend, Lucas, decide to leave the ghosts in her apartment for a trip to New Orleans. Of course you would hope it would be ghost free, but it isn’t long before one appears in a house that is being renovated. Then comes a murder, a mistaken accusation of a wrong person and then figuring it all out!
Rhonda Jones
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Paranormal Mystery

I love the characters. Especially the uber sarcastic ghost cat, who is a hoot! The mystery was good. Not overly complex, but the circumstances surrounding the mystery were good. I like how the heroine pursued the clues even when others discouraged her from doing so. Good thing she stuck to get instincts. I am really enjoying this series.
Patrea Beard
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O boy

I could hardly put this down. I read till I was seeing double. I enjoy this series very much and actually really like this whole world. Scarlet, Holly and Lacey (though she isn't in Beechwood Harbor anymore) are all great characters.

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes and looking forward to the next book with Holly.
Recommended group of series.
Bobbi
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Scarlett ever have a day where she does not see ghosts? Probably not. This series is fun and entertaining. The characters are great, including the ghosts. I enjoyed this book and the series and will continue to read more books by this author. This series will keep you laughing. Try it you will enjoy the ride.
Pam
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful rwad!

I really get all the Beechwood Harbour ladies. They are quirky and snarky, brace, strong and independent. Wish I had a bit of their magic and all would Freight with the world!
Selaya Morton
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. Taking Scarlet, Lucas & her three ghostly friends to NOLA was an inspired idea. I particularly enjoyed the subtle digs at reality TV shows that seem to want to take over as much airtime as they can. I'll be moving on to the next one ASAP.

Thanks, Danielle.
Susan Miller
Too many errors

Again, way too many errors in this book. What ever happened to proofreading? Heck, she could hire me to proofread her books before they are published! Please correct mistakes before the books are published. Thank you.
Ardie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Fantastic Book

This series is Awesome..twist and turns you think you have it figured out ..then another twist and nope try again..ok now waiting on the next one with Scarlett and Lucus...
Jana Gundy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun series!

I truly enjoy all of these characters and the world and the multiple series intertwined. The ghosts are great comedic relief, especially flapjack always riling up Hayward! Things get serious in this one, in more ways than one and it was a great read!
Alicia Williams
New Orleans flair

Another adventurous addition to the Ghost Series! It's fun to explore New Orleans' brand of magic with Shar and Lucas.
A.M. Cummins
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending of Book 2 set this one up perfectly. This storyline has been my favorite so far. Scarlett and Lucas are just adorable. I love the dynamic of the whole crew.
Larisa
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Favorite of the entire series/connected universe.
Barbara Staffo
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Very Good book

I cried. I laughed. But I cried some more .I wish there was another book. So I'm headed over to her other series. Happy reading.
stephanie huntington
Very good, looking forward to more in this series.
Jeremy
Oct 26, 2019
Karen
Dec 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Thyme to Kill (Haunted Lodge #1)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #6)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Shot Cross Buns (Haunted Lodge #2)
  • Grace Under Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Poetry in Potion (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Fury Godmother (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Murder So Magical (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #3)
  • Honeysuckle Haunting (Southern Ghost Wranglers #2)
  • Turnover and Die (Haunted Lodge #3)
  • Charmed Offense (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Phantoms in High Fidelity (Blackwood Bay Witches #3)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
  • Bad Magic and the Big Top (Blackwood Bay Witches #2)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • A Clean Sweep (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book Book 4)
  • Spells & Shelves (Library Witch Mystery #1)

Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery (5 books)
  • The Ghost Hunter Next Door (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #1)
  • Ghosts Gone Wild (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #2)
  • Big Ghosts Don't Cry (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery #4)
  • Diamonds Are a Ghost's Best Friend: A Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mysteries Book 5)