Start by marking “Matzah Ball Surprise” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This Passover is starting to feel like the ten plagues might be coming back to haunt them before the weekend is over...one hilarious misstep after the next.

Gaby Fineberg just wants to get through Passover Seder without her “well meaning” family playing matchmaker. She needs a date, just for one simple meal—that includes singing, the history of her forefathers, and not one
Expected publication: March 16th 2020 by Entangled Lovestruck (first published 2020)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 16, 2020
    Enter to win a print copy of Laura Brown's upcoming romance, MATZAH BALL SURPRISE!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 658 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 14 - Mar 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Matzah Ball Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matzah Ball Surprise

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Matzah Ball Surprise
    Mara
    Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    3.5 stars -- I was totally charmed by the character and story of this one. Yes, it has it's faults (the writing is quite choppy in a few places, and the ending is rushed), but overall, I really appreciated 2 things: a) that the two key parts of the characters' identity (for both of them, that they are Jewish, and for the hero, that he is deaf) are integral parts of the story in a way that I thought was handled gracefully, and b) the heroine's emotions around her father's passing. The latter I am ...more
    Lizzy.Writes
    Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    **DISCLAIMER: I received an eARC from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley for review in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine, and this did not affect my review process**

This book wrapped me up in swaddling clothes, fed me warm soup, and soothed my soul. I can't rave about this book more! Not only does it contain deaf AND Jewish #ownvoices rep in it, it also takes place almost entirely over Passover weekend! I am slightly familiar with Judaic customs, considering I grew up
    Teresa
    Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
    **I received a copy of Matzah Ball Surprise from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. My opinion is my own and not solicited in any way.**

Matzah Ball Surprise by Laura Brown was definitely a pleasant surprise for me and I loved it. Ms. Brown is a new author to me and I love how she wrote the texts back and forth for both Gaby and Levi plus I'm going to be checking out her other books.

Gaby Fineberg needs a date for her mother's Passover dinner as her
    Paula Pergament
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Fake relationship? Check. Only one bed? Check. If you like these tropes, you are in for a great with Matzah Ball Surprise. The female MC struggles with self esteem issues relatable to all readers, and realistically overcomes the, by the end of the book. Readers looking for contemporary stories featuring Jewish characters will be delighted, especially as the author focuses on Jewish families, holidays and traditions. My one quibble is with the conflict the MCs face; why the male MC would go along ...more
    Heather
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Matzah Ball Surprise was such a fun read! I loved the interactions between Gaby and Levi; despite throwing themselves into a new situation, they click in a way that's easy to root for. I'm also a huge fan of the fake date trope, and this story doesn't disappoint. Laura Brown does a great job of building tension and putting the reader inside the characters' heads. Highly recommended for anyone who loves romantic comedies and fake-dates-turned-romance!
    Andrea
    Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
    A cute very light romance. Not much substance but a quick fun read. I received an advance copy
    Jen Yonit

• Tally Ho
    • Community College Hero: Trial by Fire
    • Choice of Broadsides
    • Affairs of the Court
    • Choice of the Vampire (A Text-Based Adventure)
    • The Great Tournament
    • NOLA is Burning
    • First of His Blood (Lords of Aswick, #1)
    • Choice of the Dragon
    • Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power
    • Today Tonight Tomorrow
    • Undocumented America
    • Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing
    • White Bird
    • Almost American Girl
    • Amal Unbound
    Laura Brown lives in Massachusetts with her quirky abnormal family. Her husband’s put up with her since high school, her young son keeps her on her toes, and her two cats think they deserve more scratches. Hearing loss is a big part of who she is, from her own Hard of Hearing ears, to the characters she creates.